Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8151065 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) (5391) (5392) (5393) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Asasteve:

I went to another hospital(Fmc) they said I will be on bedrest till 34 weeks before I will put to bed. Please has anyone experience this?
Go with this,they will monitor you both and know when or how to intervene. May God make it end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by forzarush(f): 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
FloraEC:
#craving and rant

I want to drink cold alcoholic wine not red wine cry cry I just want to have the alcohol taste on my tongue/mouth
I don't want malt and Co cry cry
Coldstone ice-cream with a bit of alcohol will it be bad? cry cry Tired of looking at hubby angrily drinking alcohol and playing parte after parte.

Tbh, I'm not happy that I'm pregnant, not that I'm not happy but I wanted by ending next year. I've cancelled and deferred many things.

I cooked but everything taste bland but I forced myself to eat since I'm hungry.

My house is still full cry cry
Sorry nne, you can get the ice cream but the alcohol bit I dunno o because if I say you should indulge now you fit carry pass one cover for the ice cream.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2019
forzarush:
Sorry nne, you can get the ice cream but the alcohol bit I dunno o because if I say you should indulge now you fit carry pass one cover for the ice cream.
I'm not ready for all these pregnancy package yet. I took malt and vomited, shit reminded me that I'm truly pregnant. I'm yet to follow this thread.

I'll buy it tomorrow
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cretin: 8:47pm On Dec 25, 2019
goldenone:

Please follow your doctor's orders about the Fansidar for the safety of your babies. I also initially ran from my fansidar when given at 19 weeks nobody taught me to use it at 21 weeks and since then baby has been kicking as if world War 3 is happening inside of me.
how did you take it?. 3 tabs at once or one daily

@comtem2011, yeah, i was thinking fansidar cures malaria as well, so is it better to wait if/when malaria will appear and then drink the fansidar, cos from what they are saying..the fansidar regime is to be taken 2x or 3x, wk 19, wk 22 etc. 3tabs taken at once on each occasion
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 8:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
Asasteve:

Please am calling on all the February mothers
All the pregnant mothers in this forum
Please put me in your prayers, I started leaking water this afternoon and went to the hospital, after scan they said my water is reduced and they will carry out elective CS for me and afterwards put my baby in the incubator. Am just 31 weeks today

It is well with you and your unborn baby, there shall be no loss in Jesus name . You will definitely come out victorious
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
cretin:

@comte.m2011, yeah, i was thinking fansidar cures malaria as well, so is it better to wait if/when malaria will appear and then drink the fansidar, cos from what they are saying..the fansidar regime is to be taken 2x or 3x, wk 19, wk 22 etc. 3tabs taken at once on each occasion
Yeah, it's the 3 tabs at once.

Pls, don't wait till malaria set in before she takes it. By the time the malaria will show on her body, it might have affected the foetus already. Pls, allow her to follow her Dr's prescription.

Fansidar is part of the routine drugs given to pregnant women.

Pregnant women are not allowed to play gamble.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asasteve(f): 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
Thank you mamas for responding
Am very grateful

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Orekegold: 11:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
Had similar issue during my first trimester and my doctor said it was dehydration from excess vomiting . I was admitted for few hours and was given drip..

graciamore:
Good evening mommies merry Christmas to everyone, please help me answer this mama's hoping to see doctor by Monday... 10weeks gone with constant dizziness and I can hardly stand up becos of fear of falling...please who can explain this...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pojomojo: 12:04am On Dec 26, 2019
mommatriplets:

the sperm isnt so great, but could still impregnate a woman if lucky. he should be on sperm boosting drugs
follow the threads below where ttc couples are.

https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc/2735#85191166

https://www.nairaland.com/1461715/male-infertility-share-experience-success/36#down
Thank you so much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zinny20(f): 12:59am On Dec 26, 2019
Pojomojo:
please, can some help with these semen result
My husband Semen analysis results,

Please can someone help me with it

Time produced 4:30pm

Time received : 4:32

Time examined : 5:00pm

Volume 3ml

Color creamy white

Viscosity : slightly viscosity

Motility
strong( linear) activity 20%
Weak (sluggish) activity 20%
Inactivity 60%

PH 8.0
Epith cell nil
Pus cell 3-4
Rbc- nil

Morphology appearance
1% abnormal
99% Normal

Total sperm conc. 13x10 raised to power 6 cell/ml

how I wish you can Dm Dr Ese on her Instagram handle @thepeoplesdoctor she's fair and chubby, trust me this a minor case for her In less than a month sperm will be just fine to fertilize, tested and trusted

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Asasteve(f): 6:28am On Dec 26, 2019
Mummy4life1:
My friend gave birth last week and she was placed on bed rest at the hospital for one month before her delivery.
Mummy please at how many weeks did she deliver
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PatKing(f): 6:42am On Dec 26, 2019
FloraEC:
#craving and rant

I want to drink cold alcoholic wine not red wine cry cry I just want to have the alcohol taste on my tongue/mouth

Kpele Mommah.
Me, the thing hook me, I indulge sha...
15% quarter glass...
There is no safe time in pregnancy to drink alcohol, it is never advisable....
most critical stage is First trimester, that been said, you are better off it than trying.
Birth defect no be moin moin oh ...
I felt guilty sha...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pojomojo: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2019
zinny20:

how I wish you can Dm Dr Ese on her Instagram handle @thepeoplesdoctor she's fair and chubby, trust me this a minor case for her In less than a month sperm will be just fine to fertilize, tested and trusted
Thank you Ma. I will do that right away
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by graciamore(f): 8:52am On Dec 26, 2019
Liftedhands:
Drink malt and milk if you can tolerate it. Then see your doctor asap. Your haemoglobin levels and pcv needs to be checked. If it's low like im suspecting then you should start aggressive blood count boost.

Please don't wait till monday all the best.
thank you so much MA for ur respond on my way to hospital this morning..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hapiness44(f): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2019
FloraEC:
#craving and rant

I don't want malt and Co cry cry
Coldstone ice-cream with a bit of alcohol will it be bad? cry cry Tired of looking at hubby angrily drinking alcohol and playing parte after parte.

Tbh, I'm not happy that I'm pregnant, not that I'm not happy but I wanted by ending next year. I've cancelled and deferred many things.

I cooked but everything taste bland but I forced myself to eat since I'm hungry.

My house is still full cry cry

I know the feeling.lol. sorry mama. When we went to get stuffs for the holiday, DH was just gathering wine and me just kuku bought my yoghurt and soya milk jeje.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moaba(f): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2019
3 tabs at once. Fansidar is for prophylaxis (I.e prevention) and not for cure. You dont wait for malaria to appear.
cretin:

@comtem2011, yeah, i was thinking fansidar cures malaria as well, so is it better to wait if/when malaria will appear and then drink the fansidar, cos from what they are saying..the fansidar regime is to be taken 2x or 3x, wk 19, wk 22 etc. 3tabs taken at once on each occasion

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2019
PatKing:

Kpele Mommah.
Me, the thing hook me, I indulge sha...
15% quarter glass...
There is no safe time in pregnancy to drink alcohol, it is never advisable....
most critical stage is First trimester, that been said, you are better off it than trying.
Birth defect no be moin moin oh ...
I felt guilty sha...
I craved for alcohol with my son that when I gave birth, I drank it like mad. I'll hold it till after childbirth.
Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2019
hapiness44:

I know the feeling.lol. sorry mama. When we went to get stuffs for the holiday, DH was just gathering wine and me just kuku bought my yoghurt and soya milk jeje.
That's what I finally drank yesterday. Yoghurt

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldenone(f): 11:55am On Dec 26, 2019
cretin:

I took the three tabs at once. It's actually a preventive measure. They call it IPT and at my clinic it's given twice in pregnancy at 4 weeks interval.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2019
Asasteve:

Mummy please at how many weeks did she deliver
35weeks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2019
goldenone:

I took the three tabs at once. It's actually a preventive measure. They call it IPT and at my clinic it's given twice in pregnancy at 4 weeks interval.
I just collected mine today during my antenatal@20weeksplus. I was told to take the three tabs once.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splasshhh(f): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hello mothers in the house.

Merry Christmas all.

Ok, it's testimony time.

Most you remember my story very well. The last time I was here, I was scared I might be pregnant again and I wasn't emotionally ready for that. I needed rest from all the miscarriages. Especially, after I started bleeding again, having missed my period for 10 days already.

Took lots of advice her to do pt and after 1 week interval, both attempts came out +ve. I took to a scan and baby was already 7 weeks (OMG). Doctor adviced me to start cyclogest treatment for 2 weeks. It is a progesterone treatment. Ladies, that drug is verryyyyyyy expensive but we started and have gone 7 days now.

Another gynaecologist suggested I go on 2 weeks bed rest. So, I took one week off from work and stayed home. Hubby has been wonderful at helping me sit in one place and getting all the chores done.

So, I am officially 8 weeks gone and still spot red at intervals, even with this treatment, what do you have to say?
Am I in good shape?
Is it normal?
I am keeping strong and faithful but, I can't go all the way without you mommas telling me how far.

Kindly advice.

23 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 2:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
Splasshhh:
Hello mothers in the house.

Merry Christmas all.

Ok, it's testimony time.

Most you remember my story very well. The last time I was here, I was scared I might be pregnant again and I wasn't emotionally ready for that. I needed rest from all the miscarriages. Especially, after I started bleeding again, having missed my period for 10 days already.

Took lots of advice her to do pt and after 1 week interval, both attempts came out +ve. I took to a scan and baby was already 7 weeks (OMG). Doctor adviced me to start cyclogest treatment for 2 weeks. It is a progesterone treatment. Ladies, that drug is verryyyyyyy expensive but we started and have gone 7 days now.

Another gynaecologist suggested I go on 2 weeks bed rest. So, I took one week off from work and stayed home. Hubby has been wonderful at helping me sit in one place and getting all the chores done.

So, I am officially 8 weeks gone and still spot red at intervals, even with this treatment, what do you have to say?
Am I in good shape?
Is it normal?
I am keeping strong and faithful but, I can't go all the way without you mommas telling me how far.

Kindly advice.
Ma'am, what do you mean by spot red at interval. The interval means every 7days or what?

Well, I started taking cyclogest from week 2 till now. I was told by my doctors that I will stop taking it @28weeks even though I'm 20weeks plus now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splasshhh(f): 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=Mummy4life1 post=85234357]Ma'am, what do you mean by spot red at interval. The interval means every 7days or what?

Well, I started taking cyclogest from week 2 till now. I was told by my doctors that I will stop taking it @28weeks even though I'm 20weeks plus now.

Like this morning, I noticed wetness and I cleaned, it was blood but, that was all.

Last Monday, I also noticed I had some brownish discharge.

Last Friday, I was so down with fever and I as well saw reddish discharges .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=Splasshhh post=85234659][/quote]It will stop.But, you still need bed rest and cyclogest should be inserted through anus that is if you're still seeing blood. I am inserting mine now through anus because I did cerclage.

From experience, you still need more rest and if possible always lie on your left or right and take enough water(at least 4liters a day). With the drugs given, I've strong faith that you will testify like ours too.

I was in your shoes before, but God took control by using doctors and I also obeyed the instructions given to me.

No lifting of heavy weight or bending down, No hot food, avoid stairs and suspend any activities, only 30minutes walk is required in a day until you did not see the blood for more than 2weeks.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lisa001: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2019
PatKing:

Helloo Momma,
compliments of the season.
please pardon me, I think I missed your announcement...
please confirm this, are you #TeamApril2020 ?
Yes ma I'm TeamApril2020
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Splasshhh(f): 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2019
Mummy4life1:
It will stop.But, you still need bed rest and cyclogest should be inserted through anus that is if you're still seeing blood. I am inserting mine now through anus because I did cerclage.

From experience, you still need more rest and if possible always lie on your left or right and take enough water(at least 4liters a day). With the drugs given, I've strong faith that you will testify like ours too.

I was in your shoes before, but God took control by using doctors and I also obeyed the instructions given to me.

No lifting of heavy weight or bending down, No hot food, avoid stairs and suspend any activities, only 30minutes walk is required in a day until you did not see the blood for more than 2weeks.

Wow!
Thanks so much. This has been very helpful.

I am actually doing intravaginal insert, I hope I am doing the right thing.

I didn't do any cerclage. At what point do I need that?
Are you on bed rest too and for how long?
The water therapy is a new one. No one adviced me on that. I actually take lots of water already because the season itself is very dry but, I don't know if I am taking enough. Having to always empty my bladder is Linda stressful to me, so I try to limit my intakes.

I didn't know about hot food as well.
I like my food very hot. I don't know if pepper is a bad idea too because I love pepper a lot.

I keep feeling weak. Dunno if I should take ORT.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wumgold: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2019
[quote author=comtem2011 post=85172713]Same quinnie was prescribed for me to treat malaria at 12weeks. And nothing happened to my pregnancy. The boy is perfectly fine.[/quote
I was also treated with quinne at 5 weeks. Just that quinne has side effects of humming ear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummy4life1: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2019
Splasshhh:

Wow!
Thanks so much. This has been very helpful.

I am actually doing intravaginal insert, I hope I am doing the right thing.

I didn't do any cerclage. At what point do I need that?
Are you on bed rest too and for how long?
The water therapy is a new one. No one adviced me on that. I actually take lots of water already because the season itself is very dry but, I don't know if I am taking enough. Having to always empty my bladder is Linda stressful to me, so I try to limit my intakes.

I didn't know about hot food as well.
I like my food very hot. I don't know if pepper is a bad idea too because I love pepper a lot.

I keep feeling weak. Dunno if I should take ORT.

You don't need cerclage for now and I was told to avoid pepper food too

I am not on bed rest. I only told you what I did when I was experiencing bleeding in my early pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
Hello house..Compliment of the season to all of us.Where are my fellow team march??Abeg e dey do una like me?My libido is low oo ..and na now hubby dey find me atrractive..Infact the thing no dey hungry me attall.

How una dey take do am?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MomoAdura: 10:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
What prenatals combination can I get?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hapiness44(f): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2019
Good evening Mamas. I need help please, its like this second trimester came with its own package

Abeg what can one do to stop this consistent headache. I have bn experiencing this banging headache every afternoon for the past few days. It starts in the afternoon and ends as I retire for the night, same routine...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5387) (5388) (5389) (5390) (5391) (5392) (5393) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.