Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (5731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8158170 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5728) (5729) (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jaynifer51: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2020
Congratulations mama, God is really wonderful

Limahgirl:

Late BS!

First of all I give God the glory for counting me worthy to be a mother after three years of TTC.

My pregnancy was a smooth one from the beginning to the end. Nothing strange happened to me except that I was always having malaria. I had ms all through ist trimester, second trimester was the best as my energy level was on the high side. Third trimester also came with its own package but in all, nothing unusual was recorded.

On the 19th of June which happened to be my EDD, my husband birthday and also my antenatal day, I woke up at 1.00am and saw mucus plug ( I had been praying to see it since I read it's not everybody that see mucus plug as sign of labour). I am a ftm and keep wondering how I will know if labour start if i don't see it. So when I saw my doctor, I told him about the sign and he sent me to the labour ward for examination. I had read about it here so I knew what it means. The matron after examining me sent me back to the doctor who told me labour has started but considering that I'm a ftm, it will take time. He asked if I will like to be admitted and be exercising or go home and come back when labour would have really set in. I told him I would like to go home and come back later.

When I got home and told my husband who has been praying baby comes on his birthday, he was so happy and praying his wishes come true.
I quickly rem what I've read here about ewedu which was explained by madam zaynie. I brought out the ewedu from my fridge and prepare it with the twigs and extracted the juice. I poured the juice inside plastic bottle and was drinking it at interval while also praying. I also got on to a treadle machine and was exercising. I would exercise for 10 minutes, drink the ewedu juice and resting. At about 3 pm, I started experiencing pain. From what I've learnt here, it timed it and saw that the pains were far apart.This continued till 8 pm. Then it was becoming regular and more painful. I kept on with my exercise and ewedu juice. I fell asleep around past 11pm and woke up to a painful contraction at 11.30 and this time were close to another. Woke hubby and was heading to the hospital, before we drove out of our estate, my water broke! God is so great! The water keep gushing out of me.

At the hospital, the nurse immediately checked and said I was 3cm gone and that my baby was so near my jajaina. She called the doctor who examined me and said my contractions were not strong enough. Then he inserted one drug inside me that till today I don't know. Whether that was induction o I still don't know. After 15 minute, I started feeling pain that was increasing as time passed by. Mehn! Labour pain no be moimoi o.I would squeeze my hands at every contraction, hit the wall as if it should break and also hitting the hospital bed. I quickly remember I need to be holding my breath and breathe through my mouth as I've read here. My dear mamas, e no work! The pain keep increasing. One of the nurses was coming whenever I scream that I should take it easy and reserve my strength till when I will need it. At 4:30 I felt a strong feeling as if a hard poo was coming and I couldn't control it. The nurse had already warned me not to push if I feel like pooing so I shouted 'I want to poo ooo' ' I can no longer control it'. It seems they already know the time the drug was going to last because before then if I shout I want to poo they would do as if they didn't hear me. This time they came and checked me and said madam this is the time, I can see your baby's head already. She prepared my legs and told me to push only when she instructed me. At this time, I couldn't control it, I just feel like pushing. Then she said madam you are going to give yourself tear and it's more painful to stitch than the pain you are going through now. I quickly remember I've read here that Episiotomy is very painful, then I tried to control it until she said I should push. My princess popped out at the second push screaming out her lungs. Placenta was delivered and I was stitched ( Chaii! The pain is still fresh in my memory). I did drama in that hospital when I was been stitched. I was even speaking in tongue at some point. I pray all mothers live long to reap the fruits of their labour....e no easy abeg. We were moved to the ward afterwards and I couldn't stop staring at my baby. She's the most beautiful being I've ever seen. She worth all the pain of labour and delivery.

To all GTC,as God changed my story so shall He do for you all soon.

To all July mamas, I pray for swift and smooth delivery for you all.

Sorry for the long post please.

Cc: 4realwoman and all June 2020 mamas.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iwinnie(f): 4:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
good afternoon sabi mama's....
I haff come again o, make Una chook advice me a beg
My Edd is July 4 and 7th
i went for my weekly antenatal today BP read 150/90
yekpa!!

My gynecologist (CMD) prescribed drugs and asked me to come back Monday for inducement.
A beg has anyone been in this shoe before
how is it like
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Opsycal: 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2020
purplish:

Initially used Daktarin (see photo attached) every morning and night. Then my mum gave me some of the facial scrub, cleanser and cream that were made for her routine use by one of her friends.

I envy your appetite oh. Haven't been able to keep anything down today. I don't think it's a cause for alarm...just eat small portions regularly since you have noticed the headache comes when you don't eat.

Thank a lot, I will try it.
I had issues with eating & drinking water earlier (till 11 weeks) but since i changed to pregnacare, eating and drinking of water has been so much better.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
Pweetiebabe:
you don't need to ask further, you ought to know where d stone is coming from

Hehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by angeltolly(f): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
ifeoluwatoyin2:
Hello senior Mums...

My doctor always give me fansidar monthly since my second trimester started even if am not feeling any sign malaria or fever..

He said it’s for prevention

Hope it is normal??Am FTM
Very normal
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
Slayingjo:

Present mama.

Pls how do we clean the nipple with what? Am sure others will learn too.
Clean with cotton wool dipped in olive/coconut oil. The nipples and the areola. You can also start pulling out the nipples at 36weeks.

How to clean the nipples

* Dip cotton wool inside a methylated spirit/olive oil/coconut oil, use it to clean around the aerola
* Finally use a cotton wool dipped with olive oil to clean it off so as to avoid dry and flaky around the aerola if methylated spirit was used.
* Clean nipple using a warm hand towel when bathing.
* After cleaning, gently pull out your nipples for like five minutes. Repeat this process as many times as possible during the day. The effect of this is that the nipples are being trained and exercised to stand out well enough for the baby to easily suck, after delivery.
Safe delivery to us all.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Awesomemama: 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
Slayingjo:

So, I made my list and placed my orders to madam zaynie and goodness!!! I got everything I ordered for all d way to Kaduna. She was very patient with my indecisions n offered advice where necessary. Like I can't still believe it when I was called to come pick up my tins at the park. It felt like I was not in Nigeria. Thank u so much.

Glad you're very satisfied
Mama Zaynie two hand in the air for u grin kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Happy weekend mamas and papas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rekhi(f): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
ifeoluwatoyin2:
Hello senior Mums...

My doctor always give me fansidar monthly since my second trimester started even if am not feeling any sign malaria or fever..

He said it’s for prevention

Hope it is normal??Am FTM
it's normal..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
Trippleblessing:

mama please can you point this out to your Dr, let me know it is very constant. Every sign given by the body is a pointer to one thing or the other.
I did that already. Maybe because I still go to work 8 to 5pm. But once I have enough rest, headache disappears, so I stopped the pcm stuff. Now I take breaks in between work. Can't wait for July to end so I can start my maternity leave. #sighs

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Limahgirl: 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
Fruitfulvinee:

What a nice BS! May God keep your Lo.
Amen to your prayer.
Amen ma. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Limahgirl: 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
bimberry1307:

Alhamdulillah for safe delivery sis, thanks for the BS, it's encouraging.
You are welcome sis. Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Limahgirl: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Darsty99:

Congratulations mama... But stitching is not supposed to be painful .. They should have deaden the place to avoid the pain..
Thank you ma. They gave me injection not to feel pain but e no work. I don't know for others that have experienced it before o but for me sincerely it was painful than labour pain.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Dec mamas how are we doing? My laziness these days no be here ooo.. To eat na wahala.. I even dey force myself to drink water...
God will make it easy for us ooo.. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 7:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Limahgirl:
Thank you ma. They gave me injection not to feel pain but e no work. I don't know for others that have experienced it before o but for me sincerely it was painful than labour pain.
Congrats on d birth of ur baby..
For d stitches sit on warm water with dettol in it regularly..
Always sit on a wooden/ kitchen chair nd close ur legs properly
U can be using baby wipes to clean when u pee or poo
Endure na small time u will be fine ... All na d joy of motherhood.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Limahgirl: 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Slayingjo:

Thanks for sharing and congratulations ma'am . I learnt new tins from ur BS and thanks for beogn honest with d stichtes part. I dunno y av been more scared of it than d labour sef. God will see me tru I fear injection pass rat.
#bighug# to ur LO.
Thank you ma. Don't be scared, you know we have different threshold for pain. No matter how painful it is, you will forget the pain when you behold your lo besides you may not even have any tear so relax. I pray God will make it easier than mine for you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Limahgirl: 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
blex444:
@Limahgal

Congratulations mama
God bless and keep the baby

Please I want to ask
Does Ewedu induce labor or quicken the process ? cos this is my first time reading such

Should it be taken raw or cooked

Sabi mamas pls chook mouth o
Amen mama. Well I learnt it quicken the process. It is used among Yoruba people as it is popularly called Ewe Abiwere meaning leaves of easy delivery. As it was explained by one mama here, you will pick the ewedu with the twig, washed and boiled in water for sometime and and then sieve out the juice. So it is the juice you will be drinking. Wish you safe and smooth delivery when the time comes.
Note: The mama warned that it is not to be taken when labour has not started.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dbryan: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sabi mamas and soon to be mamas good evening please how do one ease muscle cramps.
Oct teamie una well done,May God make it easy for us all

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
Limahgirl:

In my own case, labour was more painful o. Stitches what?
After the whole labour pain nothing pained me again o.
If dey pour hot water sef, so sure i wont feel it.

I dont know if they injected me before stitching sef. I was just happy the pains were over.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bisade44: 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
Limahgirl:

Late BS!

First of all I give God the glory for counting me worthy to be a mother after three years of TTC.

My pregnancy was a smooth one from the beginning to the end. Nothing strange happened to me except that I was always having malaria. I had ms all through ist trimester, second trimester was the best as my energy level was on the high side. Third trimester also came with its own package but in all, nothing unusual was recorded.

On the 19th of June which happened to be my EDD, my husband birthday and also my antenatal day, I woke up at 1.00am and saw mucus plug ( I had been praying to see it since I read it's not everybody that see mucus plug as sign of labour). I am a ftm and keep wondering how I will know if labour start if i don't see it. So when I saw my doctor, I told him about the sign and he sent me to the labour ward for examination. I had read about it here so I knew what it means. The matron after examining me sent me back to the doctor who told me labour has started but considering that I'm a ftm, it will take time. He asked if I will like to be admitted and be exercising or go home and come back when labour would have really set in. I told him I would like to go home and come back later.

When I got home and told my husband who has been praying baby comes on his birthday, he was so happy and praying his wishes come true.
I quickly rem what I've read here about ewedu which was explained by madam zaynie. I brought out the ewedu from my fridge and prepare it with the twigs and extracted the juice. I poured the juice inside plastic bottle and was drinking it at interval while also praying. I also got on to a treadle machine and was exercising. I would exercise for 10 minutes, drink the ewedu juice and resting. At about 3 pm, I started experiencing pain. From what I've learnt here, it timed it and saw that the pains were far apart.This continued till 8 pm. Then it was becoming regular and more painful. I kept on with my exercise and ewedu juice. I fell asleep around past 11pm and woke up to a painful contraction at 11.30 and this time were close to another. Woke hubby and was heading to the hospital, before we drove out of our estate, my water broke! God is so great! The water keep gushing out of me.

At the hospital, the nurse immediately checked and said I was 3cm gone and that my baby was so near my jajaina. She called the doctor who examined me and said my contractions were not strong enough. Then he inserted one drug inside me that till today I don't know. Whether that was induction o I still don't know. After 15 minute, I started feeling pain that was increasing as time passed by. Mehn! Labour pain no be moimoi o.I would squeeze my hands at every contraction, hit the wall as if it should break and also hitting the hospital bed. I quickly remember I need to be holding my breath and breathe through my mouth as I've read here. My dear mamas, e no work! The pain keep increasing. One of the nurses was coming whenever I scream that I should take it easy and reserve my strength till when I will need it. At 4:30 I felt a strong feeling as if a hard poo was coming and I couldn't control it. The nurse had already warned me not to push if I feel like pooing so I shouted 'I want to poo ooo' ' I can no longer control it'. It seems they already know the time the drug was going to last because before then if I shout I want to poo they would do as if they didn't hear me. This time they came and checked me and said madam this is the time, I can see your baby's head already. She prepared my legs and told me to push only when she instructed me. At this time, I couldn't control it, I just feel like pushing. Then she said madam you are going to give yourself tear and it's more painful to stitch than the pain you are going through now. I quickly remember I've read here that Episiotomy is very painful, then I tried to control it until she said I should push. My princess popped out at the second push screaming out her lungs. Placenta was delivered and I was stitched ( Chaii! The pain is still fresh in my memory). I did drama in that hospital when I was been stitched. I was even speaking in tongue at some point. I pray all mothers live long to reap the fruits of their labour....e no easy abeg. We were moved to the ward afterwards and I couldn't stop staring at my baby. She's the most beautiful being I've ever seen. She worth all the pain of labour and delivery.

To all GTC,as God changed my story so shall He do for you all soon.

To all July mamas, I pray for swift and smooth delivery for you all.

Sorry for the long post please.

Cc: 4realwoman and all June 2020 mamas.

Congratulations mama, is it that they didn’t give you injection to numb the pain while stitching? Omo that’s scary
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by victorVIC1(m): 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2020
My baby's umbilical cord just dropped. Please what can I use to make the sore heal faster and to also reduce the pains. I already bought Nospamin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
Lyoncrescent:
Good evening , please don't anyone know any remedy to reduce the pain for external Hemorrhoids ? My wife has it and she's pregnant. Doctor said she should take vegetables, drink water and she has been using anusol ointment but she's been in discomfort all day. Please does any one have any suggestions ?
She can sit in warm water to help ease the pain.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lyoncrescent: 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
sugah:

She can sit in warm water to help ease the pain.

Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 6:31am On Jul 05, 2020
Just continue to clean with cotton wool and spirit and it will heal just fine.
victorVIC1:
My baby's umbilical cord just dropped. Please what can I use to make the sore heal faster and to also reduce the pains. I already bought Nospamin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by victorVIC1(m): 7:44am On Jul 05, 2020
Halcyon123:
Just continue to clean with cotton wool and spirit and it will heal just fine.

Noted with thanks. Any recommended frequency in which the cleaning should be done? e.g 3 times daily
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2020
Na wa o.

All the preggy mamas be enjoying the cold weather. Coming to the thread and looking for who will post abi?

Oya I don post. Make una come read.

Last time I felt anything close to labour was when I went to the market and then sth kept pushing down down down. Aswear e be like say I go soon born ni.

But as soon as I got home ate rice and relaxed, everything disappeared. angry

Am beginning to get tired. I need to move on with my life not with a bulging tommy but a pretty little bundle of joy. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blex444: 9:11am On Jul 05, 2020
Limahgirl:
Amen mama. Well I learnt it quicken the process. It is used among Yoruba people as it is popularly called Ewe Abiwere meaning leaves of easy delivery. As it was explained by one mama here, you will pick the ewedu with the twig, washed and boiled in water for sometime and and then sieve out the juice. So it is the juice you will be drinking. Wish you safe and smooth delivery when the time comes.
Note: The mama warned that it is not to be taken when labour has not started.
Alright Thank you
Amen to your prayer
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 9:49am On Jul 05, 2020
Good morning mamas! Pls is scent leaf (efinrin) safe to eat? I need answers asap. Mil is already preparing it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 9:53am On Jul 05, 2020
divanita:
Good morning mamas! Pls is scent leaf (efinrin) safe to eat? I need answers asap. Mil is already preparing it
I add it to my banga stew, tomato stew, native rice even jollof rice.

Very safe

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divanita(f): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2020
FloraEC:

I add it to my banga stew, tomato stew, native rice even jollof rice.

Very safe

Thank you so much ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iwinnie(f): 11:03am On Jul 05, 2020
good morning mamas in the house.
has anyone experience hbp at 40weeks+ ?
it use to be normal before now because that's the first thing they check when I go for antenatal.

it reads 150/90 yesterday, although no protein in my urime, so doctor placed me on drugs to reduce it that I should come back tomorrow for inducement.
please has anyone experience it? how was it?

pls, I need advice

(1) (2) (3) ... (5728) (5729) (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.