Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8149555 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6050) (6051) (6052) (6053) (6054) (6055) (6056) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2021
Tinudesi:

I don't understand this rh factor thing o at my own clinic they said we that are + don't need the rhogham injection that's it's those with - that needs it maybe I will ask again by Tuesday,although am not sure of dh rhesus yet will be doing another test this weekend so maybe I will be talking to the doctor based on the two of us results to know what way forward Sha.It is well
Rhogam is only for a rhesus-ve pregnant mother who is married to a Rhesus +be husband.

The foetus is likely to take the rhesus of the father and the body will develop antibodies against subsequent foetus after a first child, abortion or miscarriage.

There's also a test done to monitor if the antibodies have built up enough to attack the baby, Indirect Comb test.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 8:49am On Mar 19, 2021
oke22:
my baby is actually not big at 34 weeks he was 1.7kg

You can imagine. My lo measured 1.8 at 29 weeks scan and measured about 2 weeks ahead. God help me o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2021
dunpredictable:

You can imagine. My lo measured 1.8 at 29 weeks scan and measured about 2 weeks ahead. God help me o
I don't really think u should be too bothered.Some scans weight are not correct sometimes just reduce your carbohydrate intake.U will be fine.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jenny53(f): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2021
Good day mommies in the house, pls I have heard people complain of the pain that comes with fibroid while pregnant, I will like to have an idea of what the pain feel like and what part of the stomach the pain concentrate on also how frequent the pain comes
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 9:14am On Mar 19, 2021
Oliran:

Rhogam is only for a rhesus-ve pregnant mother who is married to a Rhesus +be husband.

The foetus is likely to take the rhesus of the father and the body will develop antibodies against subsequent foetus after a first child, abortion or miscarriage.

There's also a test done to monitor if the antibodies have built up enough to attack the baby, Indirect Comb test.
Thanks mama.Am O+,dh said he is O+ too but not too sure so have told him to repeat this test this weekend so as to be sure.If we are the same like that I will just leave the rest to God o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by claridicta: 9:55am On Mar 19, 2021
Tinudesi:

I don't understand this rh factor thing o at my own clinic they said we that are + don't need the rhogham injection that's it's those with - that needs it maybe I will ask again by Tuesday,although am not sure of dh rhesus yet will be doing another test this weekend so maybe I will be talking to the doctor based on the two of us results to know what way forward Sha.It is well
is those with rh_ that needs the injection.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyreal(f): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2021
dunpredictable:

You are not alone on this teamie...my lo measured 2.4 at 33+ weeks...I no kuku ask for the weight again since then. We go dey alright las las. grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2021
claridicta:
is those with rh_ that needs the injection.
Thanks mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oke22(f): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2021
Oliran:

Thanks for the response ma'am, I am rhesus-ve and I took Rhogam with my first child, this is my first time of hearing ABO incompatibility, I wanted to be sure it isn't Rhesus incompatibility.

May God help us with all these orishirishi compatibility issues.
grin sorry I can’t stop laughing at the last line

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 10:27am On Mar 19, 2021
oke22:
grin sorry I can’t stop laughing at the last line
Abi nah, e tire me seriously.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Oliran(f): 10:28am On Mar 19, 2021
Tinudesi:

Thanks mama.Am O+,dh said he is O+ too but not too sure so have told him to repeat this test this weekend so as to be sure.If we are the same like that I will just leave the rest to God o.
You don't have anything to worry about since you are +ve
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 10:51am On Mar 19, 2021
Oliran:
You don't have anything to worry about since you are +ve
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by africaflozy(f): 11:31am On Mar 19, 2021
So mamas, I went to a good private hospital today to register and the doctor that attended to me explained everything to me, from what he said

-malaria drug is just to prevent the baby from having malaria at birth, or treat the woman if she is having malaria or it's symptoms.
- no correlation between malaria and jundice
-there are two types of jundice but mostly what causes it is infection z ABO incompatibility and he mentioned few other factors too
-i can still treat malaria but not with fansidar

Safe delivery to us

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zeniola: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2021
mrflex999:
Good morning everyone

Please how soon should my wife go for an antenantal care ?

She will be 3 months gone soon but we plan on going by month ending

Someone should advice

Thank you all

If she doesn't have any underlying health challenges 4 months is best to register. If she has let her see her doctor earlier
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 12:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
AbbynHummy:

I haven't started shopping oh.... Don't even know where to start from. But I'll try to put everything next month by God's grace.

Pls do start o before the rain starts and movement becomes limited

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2021
Goldie50:
Able Cappo, my Belle don big already o grin. We are fine. Shopping is half way done. Thanks Mama. Sexyborning to us all.

Able Mama thank you for the give away.
Sexyborning to us all Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2021
Anistef:

we are good, jst vry tried.

Pls eat alots of fruit and pamper yourself like the queen you are

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Best1708:
We are pushing mama,thanks for checking up ma.

Thank you too. how is the pushing ministry Pls pamper yourself and rest alot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
WetSmoke:
cheesy sexymamas, no be so o, I sit down for boundary and besides May is my birth Month, and I fit just kuku name the pikin May as the father no want bring name grin

Hmmm. May sound like a female name
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mrflex999: 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
zeniola:

If she doesn't have any underlying health challenges 4 months is best to register. If she has let her see her doctor earlier

She doesn’t have any underlying health issue

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
[quote author=EbyFloxy post=99826120]

Hello mama, how are you doing. sending you kisses
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by chocome: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2021
AbleGodDidIt:
Good Morning Mommas.
Big Congrats to the giveaway winners. Mega thanks to all that liked.
#onelove.

June Cappo, kindly update moi name on the list
EDD 30th June

Tanchiu wink

welcome mama to June aka sexyborning MAMAS
How are you and how is little one doing Pls take care of yourself and enjoy the ride

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumDuke: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
Hello Mummies.

Pls I am a ftm and 5months gone. EDD is July 25, XY.

Not yet registered for ANC just on Pregnancare.

LO has been so kind to me, no pain, no stress.

Just stumbled on this page days ago.
Pls can i use a Primary Health Center (I dread the crowd at State Hospital,Ota) in mean time cos I still plan to relocate or can I get good recommendations on clinics around Ota- Atan axis that I can use in the interim?

Thank you all.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enque(f): 1:21pm On Mar 19, 2021
iomoge2:
I think I saw the bump o. Lol

Yeeekpaa! shocked
I fear who no fear ur eye

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tripletwins222: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
africaflozy:
Monday prayer!

Scripture reading:
Exodus 23:26 ...And none will miscarry or be barren in your land. Amen

Worship song: we are grateful oh Lord
We are grateful Oh Lord
For all you have done for us
Hallelujah!
We are grateful oh Lord...

Blessed Redeemer, the giver of every good gifts, we appreciate and glorify your name. We thank you for our lives, families, babies, and pregnancies.

Thank you for January, February and March mamas that has delivered and thank you for the rest of us that will deliver this year.

Father we ask that you forgive us our trespasses, and purify us with the blood of Jesus.

Lord Jesus, we pray for everyone that is looking unto you for the fruit of the womb, we pray that you answer their prayers and do what only you can do.

Whatsoever thing that is causing delay, loses and other complications in anyone, we nullify it by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.

Lord, we pray for everyone of us that our joy shall be full, our heart desires be granted, no more sorrow, no more pain and weeping.
May the Peace of God take over our heart, home and this platform.

For as many that will say amen to this prayer, nothing but joy shall be ours from now on and for evermore.

Lord, help us to love and serve you so that we will continue to enjoy your goodness and mercy, in Jesus mighty name we have prayed.
Amen
Amen
Amen

Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
MumDuke:
Hello Mummies.

Pls I am a ftm and 5months gone. EDD is July 25, XY.

Not yet registered for ANC just on Pregnancare.

LO has been so kind to me, no pain, no stress.

Just stumbled on this page days ago.
Pls can i use a Primary Health Center (I dread the crowd at State Hospital,Ota) in mean time cos I still plan to relocate or can I get good recommendations on clinics around Ota- Atan axis that I can use in the interim?

Thank you all.
I use state hospital Ota the crowd is the problem o but not too bad Sha,u can ask around from people that knows the primary health centre.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tripletwins222: 1:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
Good day adorable mothers!

I thank God for your lives and that of your los and I pray you shall deliver safely in due time in Jesus name. Amen.

I'm here to claim plots of land for myself and other sisters on TTC thread. May God visit each and everyone of us still waiting upon him in Jesus name. Amen.

I pray to join this thread soon before my next birthday coming on 3rd June, 2021 in Jesus name. Amen.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 2:22pm On Mar 19, 2021
Tripletwins222:
Good day adorable mothers!

I thank God for your lives and that of your los and I pray you shall deliver safely in due time in Jesus name. Amen.

I'm here to claim plots of land for myself and other sisters on TTC thread. May God visit each and everyone of us still waiting upon him in Jesus name. Amen.

I pray to join this thread soon before my next birthday coming on 3rd June, 2021 in Jesus name. Amen.
May the Lord answer all your heart desires.U shall be celebrated soon.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2021
tyreal:

You are not alone on this teamie...my lo measured 2.4 at 33+ weeks...I no kuku ask for the weight again since then. We go dey alright las las. grin grin grin

As in ehn. God will see us through o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dunpredictable: 2:27pm On Mar 19, 2021
Tinudesi:

I don't really think u should be too bothered.Some scans weight are not correct sometimes just reduce your carbohydrate intake.U will be fine.

My dear its not easy o but we'll try sha
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Good day Mamas. I'd like to say this for the malaria drugs in pregnancy. I'm a Parasitologist. And malaria is caused by a parasite that I studied. It is called plasmodium. In pregnancy, this parasite can be very bad. They gather on the surface of the placenta and affect the fetus. They can cause fetal loss, low-birth weight and maternal anemia.

So, WHO recommends that pregnant women living in malaria-endemic countries (like Nigeria) should be given malaria drugs from their SECOND TRIMESTER whether they have malara or not. . This malaria drug is for prevention NOT treatment. It doesn't matter if you're down with malaria or not because Nigeria has mosquitoes. It should be taken two or three times from the second trimester. It is given during antenatal. They call it Intermittent Preventive Treatment of Malaria (IPTp or SP). It is usually fansidar. You swallow the three tablets at once.

Please, let's endeavour to take this drug from our second trimester. If your doctor doesn't mention it, ask him or her about it. It is WHO's recommendation.

Malaria in pregnancy can be fatal. Sometimes, the mother may be fine, but a lot is going on with the placenta and the fetus. This is because the malaria parasite usually cluster on the surface of the placenta in pregnant women. Thereby affecting the food supply of the baby and leading to low birth weight and other issues. Please, the drug is not for treatment. It is for prevention. Let's try to take it.

Thank you kiss

34 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumDuke: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2021
Tinudesi:

I use state hospital Ota the crowd is the problem o but not too bad Sha,u can ask around from people that knows the primary health centre.

Thank you ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (6050) (6051) (6052) (6053) (6054) (6055) (6056) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bribri and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.