Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8146841 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6244) (6245) (6246) (6247) (6248) (6249) (6250) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Dsnoni:

Team February abeg make we dey mark attendance small small grin
Yes o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Peachbloom(f): 9:35pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lovelee:
Good day mamas,
Please what natural food or drink can i use to reduce blood pressure, have been between 130-150.
Am a first time and am worried.

There are a lot of factors to put in consideration with your Blood Pressure.
Please ensure you emphasize to your doctor to tell you what to do about it.

Let him prescribe you the appropriate medication, and if there is a risk with your baby.

These are what you should discuss with your dr

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graciousgirl20(f): 9:36pm On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=Peachbloom post=105431988]

Let your doctor know that you are feeling headache.

However, paracetamol is generally safe to use during pregnancy.

However, let your doctor diagnose the headache ,and prescribe medications appropriately.
OK, thank u ma just that I forgot to complain yesterday when I visited the hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:37pm On Sep 02, 2021
Funky123:

First scan at 12 weeks grin grin grin, I don do 2 scans o, first my Gynea requested at 6weeks maybe because I had a procedure to unblock tubes before taking in
I had the second one yesterday, nobody sent me but since I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms till now I became scared, I asked the sonographer is my baby still there, lol, he was just laughing he said I should look up and see my baby..... we have finally come to the end of first trimester and by Monday I will go and register by the grace of God
Anxiety in pregnancy.... Well me I just have a phobia for hospital oooo. I just pray I don't give birth at home at this rate

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
Dsnoni:

Confirm... I do call February people awon omo uncompleted building ooo... Chai !!! Not knowing I'm coming there cry cry cry
I am in pains..... I be February born po and expecting a February baby. Everyone thinks it will be good to have a birthday mate but I no want

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:38pm On Sep 02, 2021
prettmum:
im a second timer too, my son is 4years...Ekushey but I be omo ibo
see my committee member o

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:39pm On Sep 02, 2021
prettmum:
I will start by ending September... You can start from 12 weeks
Same here....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Peachbloom(f): 9:40pm On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=Graciousgirl20 post=105432284][/quote]

The headache is quite normal in pregnancy.
You are an embodiment of several hormones, and this is one of the reasons for the headache.

Please do ensure you complain at your next visit, and pending then, take as much fluid and rest as at when possible as much as you can.

Cheers
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:43pm On Sep 02, 2021
Peachbloom:

Personally, I will see a Mom to be who is confirmed pregnant every 2 weeks in the First Trimester. The problem is, I don't get the idea of not starting ante natal until after 12 weeks.

Kindly see a practitioner to confirm the pregnancy with an ultrasound, and monitor you effectively till you come out of the queasy stage.

Especially since there is a substantial gap (although not too consequential) between the first and the next.

Cheers.
Well said... IAM just lazy to see doctor plus fear of the unknown
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
So for my first baby from the day I knew I was pregnant to the day of delivery I had no issue. Infact I only used folic acid and the compulsory anti malaria given during antenatal. On the day I went into labor I was at a party dancing away when my water broke and the rest is to the glory of God.

Fast forward to 2nd pregnancy...... Strong woman strong woman first trimester humble me. For over 1 month I could eat rice and stew. Infact I started buying food outside because anything I cook na to jump and pass. Level of tiredness nko? I was sleeping at the office even to post goods on my Instagram na work but thank God this girl is getting better.
Truly truly pregnancy can humble you.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Peachbloom(f): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
Mzflexydeeva:

Well said... IAM just lazy to see doctor plus fear of the unknown

Please do not be afraid for whatever reason.
At this stage, your monitoring is expected to be Top Notch till you are delivered of that baby.

You may request for a female doctor with more empathy, if it makes you comfortable.

Brace up Mommy.
And schedule your first Pre natal visit.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2021
Peachbloom:

Please do not be afraid for whatever reason.
At this stage, your monitoring is expected to be Top Notch till you are delivered of that baby.

You may request for a female doctor with more empathy, if it makes you comfortable.

Brace up Mommy.
And schedule your first Pre natal visit.

Cheers.
Is 20 weeks too late to register?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Peachbloom(f): 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2021
Mzflexydeeva:

Is 20 weeks too late to register?

No please.
Kindly schedule an Anomaly Scan alongside too.

This is important please.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2021
Peachbloom:

No please.
Kindly schedule an Anomaly Scan alongside too.

This is important please.
Ok I will
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2021
Mzflexydeeva:
me don pass 3 months o

Yes, some Sabi mamas don't register that early. They wait till later like 5 months, especially if there are no issues or complaints.
I'm not encouraging that though o, go and register o grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2021
Funky123:

First scan at 12 weeks grin grin grin, I don do 2 scans o, first my Gynea requested at 6weeks maybe because I had a procedure to unblock tubes before taking in
I had the second one yesterday, nobody sent me but since I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms till now I became scared, I asked the sonographer is my baby still there, lol, he was just laughing he said I should look up and see my baby..... we have finally come to the end of first trimester and by Monday I will go and register by the grace of God

I said that on a general note, there are always exceptions. Personally, I don't do my first scan until 3 Months . Happy bumping mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Phiheywhy1: 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2021
Pls what can be done to heal up completely, an episiotomy breakdown? ( Virgina stitches that get lose) Doc did not restitched it and it has closed but it still has red scar. It's been 5 months now, any one with experience??
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 1:00am On Sep 03, 2021
We plenty be that,also a stm with a four year old.
It ko easy rara. Both the four year old and 30 something year old are stressing me especially that four old. Sometimes I wish I can disappear.
prettmum:
im a second timer too, my son is 4years...Ekushey but I be omo ibo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eileeng: 4:43am On Sep 03, 2021
There must be so many pregnant women out there, as my blog is running hot and my inbox is clogged with questions! So, I thought I would compile a list of the 3 most asked questions about pregnancy and birth from my blog and the women I teach. Firstly, my background, I am mother to two beautiful boys 7yrs and 21months (still breastfeeding!), a Midwife of 9 years and a Lactation Consultant. I work in a birthing unit, teach antenatal classes and run a lactation clinic at a pharmacy. https://littlesocksni.co.uk/
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 5:22am On Sep 03, 2021
Oliran:
Team September

May Almighty God make it easy for us all.

Hi mama, we are good, baby still sitting pretty in there, can't wait

May God take the glory �

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by threegees(f): 6:00am On Sep 03, 2021
Team October 2020
Moms (and Dads) grin , how far with our LOs na.
@bukit05 hope you did a solid birthday party for my son.
My Porters @Tessicates and co, I'm sure plans are in motion to celebrate our birthdays.

Please send pictures of my lovelies o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by glimpse(f): 6:36am On Sep 03, 2021
sweetlady4real:

Yes, some Sabi mamas don't register that early. They wait till later like 5 months, especially if there are no issues or complaints.

I registered at 6 months, grin. Abeg no follow me o. It was due to financial reasons. But I was fine sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:08am On Sep 03, 2021
sweetlady4real:

Yes ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2021
Phiheywhy1:
Pls what can be done to heal up completely, an episiotomy breakdown? ( Virgina stitches that get lose) Doc did not restitched it and it has closed but it still has red scar. It's been 5 months now, any one with experience??

Had one, same loose stitches. Was told to do warm water remedy. Seat bath. Get warm as in really warm not hot ooooo water, add salt and Dettol then sit in it. But now it's 5 months already spent know of it will still work. Mine was told when I went for 6 week postnatal and the doc noticed the loose stitches
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:13am On Sep 03, 2021
Halcyon123:
We plenty be that,also a stm with a four year old.
It ko easy rara. Both the four year old and 30 something year old are stressing me especially that four old. Sometimes I wish I can disappear.

Come back here.... Disappear to where You better disturb them back oooo. We will all be fine last last

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eminent91: 7:35am On Sep 03, 2021
ThatPetiteChic:
95% loading..............................OCTOBER
Happy new month waddling mummies!

We don enter September ooo...Get your bags ready. I hope we are almost done with shopping? For some of us that have previously embarked on this journey, pls try to wash those things you plan on using for this new arrival. You can also try to clean the house gradually before LO comes.

Some people are yet to drop their EDD and gender/team surprise, pls let's ensure to fill it.

Roll call for our Overcomers ship 2/8/2021.
#TEAM OCTOBER! #TEAM OVERCOMERS!!

S/N MONICKER - - - - - -GENDER(TEAM) - - - - -EDD
1. joliefille
2. lady25 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -19th
3. Fruit4me - - - - - - - - - - -XY(Blue)- - - - - - - - - 25th
4. Ibk555 - - - - - - - - - - - - - XX(Pink)- - - - - - - - - -9th
5. thatpetitechic - - - - - - - XX(Pink) - - - - - - - - - 8th
6. jumy16 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 31st
7. Ebysuccess20 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 7th
8. MumDiamond - - - - - - - XY(Blue) - - - - - - - - 27th
9. Xtagrace - - - - - - - - - - - -XY(Blue) - - - - - - - - 19th
10. DocAdray - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -7th
11. estagirl - - - - - - - - - - - - -XX(Pink) - - - - - - - 24th
12. eminent91 - - - - - - - -XY & XY(blue) - - - - - 29th
13. Mzwealthy
14. glimpse - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -29th
15. Misblah - - - - - - - - - - - XX(Pink)- - - - - - - - - 20th
16. winningbt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 27th
17. dubaby - - - - - - - - - - -XY & XY(blue)- - - - - -

We have 2 twins in the house.
Affliction shall not rise a second time, Amen.
Thanking God for the journey so far and praying for his continuing grace and Divine Providence.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dsnoni(f): 8:36am On Sep 03, 2021
Mzflexydeeva:
So for my first baby from the day I knew I was pregnant to the day of delivery I had no issue. Infact I only used folic acid and the compulsory anti malaria given during antenatal. On the day I went into labor I was at a party dancing away when my water broke and the rest is to the glory of God.

Fast forward to 2nd pregnancy...... Strong woman strong woman first trimester humble me. For over 1 month I could eat rice and stew. Infact I started buying food outside because anything I cook na to jump and pass. Level of tiredness nko? I was sleeping at the office even to post goods on my Instagram na work but thank God this girl is getting better.
Truly truly pregnancy can humble you.

If there's another name for humble sef. To work na war, wash nko... Pringles (wey I no too like)n chicken n chips come dey hungry me like mad. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumy16: 9:08am On Sep 03, 2021
shutupareyouGOD:
Good evening guys…so I was at the hospital today cuz I still can’t eat at 13 weeks…also to treat recurring malaria…but the eating thing is giving me concern as I’m loosing weight and I did urine test where the doctor says is showing starvation as there’s glucose in urine….he prescribed injection to help with vomiting and eating….but I still can’t eat or take prenatal without throwing up…only thing that doesn’t come out is moi moi and he said it isn’t enough…even with fruits…..please is there any other solution to this and before pregnancy and I can’t see food and blink…I can eat and eat ..so it is suprising
same happen to me in my first pregg. Urs is better that you can eat moimoi, the only thing I can eat then is pineapple, I was admitted twice, yet nothing happen untill am in 14 week..

What I did then was I always sip warm water and eat little by little
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lovelee: 9:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Peachbloom:

There are a lot of factors to put in consideration with your Blood Pressure.
Please ensure you emphasize to your doctor to tell you what to do about it.

Let him prescribe you the appropriate medication, and if there is a risk with your baby.

These are what you should discuss with your dr

Thank you for your response, it's well appreciated. The doc just gave me nifedipine 20mg but i decided to be eating boiled ugwu with my food
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ogonna98: 9:26am On Sep 03, 2021
I was part of this group last year when I was pregnant, you all helped me a lot in going through pregnancy at 21. I decided to share my experience and how it has been for me here. What are the advice you have for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo-HCozVk2o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Peachbloom(f): 9:46am On Sep 03, 2021
Lovelee:

Thank you for your response, it's well appreciated. The doc just gave me nifedipine 20mg but i decided to be eating boiled ugwu with my food

Are you taking your medication appropriately? Or you have ditched it for ugwu?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyajelili(f): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2021
Peachbloom:

Are you taking your medication appropriately? Or you have ditched it for ugwu?
God bless you for taking out time to answer questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6244) (6245) (6246) (6247) (6248) (6249) (6250) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Masab and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.