Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8149114 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6670) (6671) (6672) (6673) (6674) (6675) (6676) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by breeezefe: 11:10am On Jun 15, 2022
breeezefe:

It hasn't yet. I have changed by brand of spirit, yet it no sign. The peadetrician suggested I umbilical gel too.

I don't know what to do again

The stump has fallen off this morning.

Thank you to all the mamas that have been supportive in this thread. May God continuously bless you with wisdom

20 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
StarryV:
Good Morning fruitful mamas. It appears I'm suffering Insomnia but that notwithstanding I'm here to pour out my concern and get answers to my questions. Who knows if that's why sleep haff left my eye sef. #sighs.

So I went for a scan two days ago, was told by the sonographer that my baby is in Oblique position (diagonal, like the head is resting on my hip). It's not horizontal and it's not vertical. I asked about the baby size, he didn't tell me the actual baby size. I asked if he was over-weight judging by the gestational age he said "no he's not, but there's a tendency of that happening" whatever that means. I'm 31weeks gone
So my concerns are these...:
1. What can I do to aid this oblique position?
2. Is there any sleeping position recommended just for the purpose of turning the baby on time? (I'm asking this because MIL is advising I sleep on my right side, since the baby's head is on my right hip). I sha don't buy that advice.
3. How do I know if he's turning downwards or upwards?
4. What assurance do I have that my baby will be in cephalic position in 5weeks time? undecided
5. Abeg this baby size/weight that the Sono is talking about like this, is there any food or drink I should avoid completely until delivery. And is there any particular food recommended to be taking at this point.
These and many more questions are going through my mind. Please kindly help in answering any of the questions that you have answers to.
Meanwhile my baby is very very active and moves a lot even as I type. I just hope he's moving to the right direction mbok cry

#Team August
#FTM
Please Ma no too much think amooo,u are just 31weeks now..more 9 weeks to go...u cant expect baby to be engage at this time now....

Some women sef at 38 weeks scan d baby is still not engage till during birth..

You pray and say baby be head down when its time..

And again about weight,i have heard some mama's saying they reject so many tns bcs they don't want baby to gain weight yet dey still birth 3.8kg 3.5kg babies..

Buh that sonographer suppose write the baby weight or atleast answer you..

Just eat right ooo,no special food to avoid or to eat at this moment,buh as they said dont eat for two..

My own opinion

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 1:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
formidablefunmi:
This is why I am never too in a hurry to announce my bfp. Because I might be disappointed at the end. Another miscarriage at 7 weeks. Baby embryo stopped growing. No heartbeat. This is the second miscarriage the first was December. What could be the cause mamas. Am devastated.
Sorry for your loss Ma..the one that will stay will come soon,
Sabi Mama's will answer your question..

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2022
ABG2222:
Hello everyone
I've been peeping through the window . Didn't know how to come in

I'm coming from the ttc group, got my bfp last week. I'm the most confused pregnant woman on earth. Don't know how many weeks I'm at

Last MP was April 14 due to pcos, even hubby doesn't know cos I was tired of irregular menses all the time despite all the drugs till I took in. In all I'm so happy to be here.

I'm here for guidance please. Ladyracy bdmate how are you doing sis
My sis am good oo,so happy to see u here. Am sure if u go for scan they can detect how far gone ure are. Your testimony is permanent in Jesus name amen.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
Meanwhile my baby is very very active and moves a lot even as I type. I just hope he's moving to the right direction mbok cry

#Team August
#FTM[/quote]
@Starryv
Hmm mama just calm down u still have 9 weeks to go anything can still happen,and coupled with the fact ur baby moves around a lot. As for weight just eat moderately and try find out the baby's actual weight. Even Scan these days can't fully predict baby's weight,I just pray and commit all into God's hands oo.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennykoko3009(f): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
breeezefe:

The stump has fallen off this morning.

Thank you to all the mamas that have been supportive in this thread. May God continuously bless you with wisdom

Amen! But continue to clean with spirit and u can also apply blue seal Vaseline on it but make sure u wash ur hands properly before applying it, till the tip dries up
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
formidablefunmi:
This is why I am never too in a hurry to announce my bfp. Because I might be disappointed at the end. Another miscarriage at 7 weeks. Baby embryo stopped growing. No heartbeat. This is the second miscarriage the first was December. What could be the cause mamas. Am devastated.
Really sorry for your loss, please let your docs check your hormones. And once you get pregnant again, be under supervision of a good doctor.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2022
StarryV:
Good Morning fruitful mamas. It appears I'm suffering Insomnia but that notwithstanding I'm here to pour out my concern and get answers to my questions. Who knows if that's why sleep haff left my eye sef. #sighs.

So I went for a scan two days ago, was told by the sonographer that my baby is in Oblique position (diagonal, like the head is resting on my hip). It's not horizontal and it's not vertical. I asked about the baby size, he didn't tell me the actual baby size. I asked if he was over-weight judging by the gestational age he said "no he's not, but there's a tendency of that happening" whatever that means. I'm 31weeks gone
So my concerns are these...:
1. What can I do to aid this oblique position?
2. Is there any sleeping position recommended just for the purpose of turning the baby on time? (I'm asking this because MIL is advising I sleep on my right side, since the baby's head is on my right hip). I sha don't buy that advice.
3. How do I know if he's turning downwards or upwards?
4. What assurance do I have that my baby will be in cephalic position in 5weeks time? undecided
5. Abeg this baby size/weight that the Sono is talking about like this, is there any food or drink I should avoid completely until delivery. And is there any particular food recommended to be taking at this point.
These and many more questions are going through my mind. Please kindly help in answering any of the questions that you have answers to.

#Team August
#FTM
Teamie, you don't have any problems so please stop worrying.
It's too early, baby has ample time to turn and be in the right position before birth.
Guard your mind and continue sleeping more on your left as usually advised.
Insomnia is a bit common at this stage so please don't stress it.
Baby weight,..me sef will be reading to get suggestions on that one

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
formidablefunmi:

You shall look back and remember these incidents no more.
I am sorry for your loss, please work with a good gynae, if it means bed rest and other drugs for 3 months, please it is not a big sacrifice to be made.
You shall come back rejoicing, you shall carry to term, and deliver with ease.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jumy16: 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
Good evening to all pregy mamas and our latest mum.

I have wooden baby cot for sale.

Dm me on Whatsapp if you are interested

Thanks

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2022
LUGBE:
Thanks for sharing but seriously i do not see need for diclofenac in that prescription abi am i the only one seeing this. I decided to speak out so that another parent will not make this mistake or use this prescription. I really do not want to comment further but pls let us ask some questions in the hospital from the doctor, nurse and pharmacist e get why atimes your questions bring their consciousness back and you will be attended to well. You are so right .the pain reliever drug should have been paracetamol or ibuprofen

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
@Starryv to add to what I earlier said since ur baby is very active use it to ur advantage try using ur palm to guide ur baby I do that at times when my baby stays in a position that's discomforts me. Most times it works BT at times she won't answer me and just remain where she deygrin. My baby is sensitive to touch I rub my pelvic area when I need her to come down dre as am even typing she's moving to anywhere I touch and am 35 wks +. Don't worry the baby will still stay well okay

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
LUGBE:
Thanks for sharing but seriously i do not see need for diclofenac in that prescription abi am i the only one seeing this. I decided to speak out so that another parent will not make this mistake or use this prescription. I really do not want to comment further but pls let us ask some questions in the hospital from the doctor, nurse and pharmacist e get why atimes your questions bring their consciousness back and you will be attended to well.

Its good you spoke out cos it gives us all a chance to learn from each other. If you noticed, I clearly stated why each drug was prescribed on my post. The Diclofenac is specially for children and it is inserted into the anus to drastically crash fever if temperatures are too high so as to stop the child from convulsing.
My daughter at the time was having very very high fever and couldn't keep anything down and the doctor prescribed it which helped alot hence it being on that list. I only even used it in the hospital there and on the first night cos the fever came back high.
I was also asked to buy Ibruprofen syrup which I already had hence it not being added to the list. I'm sure if the mum in question goes to a good pharmacist and the sons temp is checked, and there is no need for the drug, then it won't be issued to them.
If you also read the Mum's last post, she stated that not all the drugs on the prescription were given to them meaning it wasn't needed for the boy.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
Congrats my able cappo .. God bless you and yours !

Layormiii:
B.A
Oh dear Lord, I am a mother!!!!
My baby is here! .
He was born yesterday
via emergency CS.
This is so surreal, I am a mother .

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LholarB(f): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ohhh wowww, what a victorious fight ..

May God continue to perfect all that concerns you and your family IJN

mzMerci:
Birth story!!!

I had my first myomectomy at 20. They were 9 fibroids and the biggest was pedunculated, cystic and subserous which made the surgery of importance. My doctors counseled me to start planning p
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
Omakraid:

Hello ma, baby being in an oblique lie at that moment you had the scan does not mean he is still in an oblique lie at present.. There's still enough space in the uterus for him to move around and he's still moving... I had a scan at 33 weeks that showed my baby was breech and the following week I went for antenatal with the result.. Immediately my doctor saw the result he told me to lay down for a scan, on scanning my baby was cephalic again... You are not 36 weeks or more yet so lots of n positive things can happen regarding any turning.

Also try reading about the position online but be open as he's still turning here and there
Ok mama. Thanks a lot. That's quite encouraging.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
shiller:

Please Ma no too much think amooo,u are just 31weeks now..more 9 weeks to go...u cant expect baby to be engage at this time now....

Some women sef at 38 weeks scan d baby is still not engage till during birth..

You pray and say baby be head down when its time..

And again about weight,i have heard some mama's saying they reject so many tns bcs they don't want baby to gain weight yet dey still birth 3.8kg 3.5kg babies..

Buh that sonographer suppose write the baby weight or atleast answer you..

Just eat right ooo,no special food to avoid or to eat at this moment,buh as they said dont eat for two..

My own opinion
Thanks a lot mama.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 8:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
Sassy256:

Teamie, you don't have any problems so please stop worrying.
It's too early, baby has ample time to turn and be in the right position before birth.
Guard your mind and continue sleeping more on your left as usually advised.
Insomnia is a bit common at this stage so please don't stress it.
Baby weight,..me sef will be reading to get suggestions on that one
Ok ma. I just hope so. Thanks a lot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 8:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
ladyrachy:
@Starryv to add to what I earlier said since ur baby is very active use it to ur advantage try using ur palm to guide ur baby I do that at times when my baby stays in a position that's discomforts me. Most times it works BT at times she won't answer me and just remain where she deygrin. My baby is sensitive to touch I rub my pelvic area when I need her to come down dre as am even typing she's moving to anywhere I touch and am 35 wks +. Don't worry the baby will still stay well okay
Thanks mama. I'll try this out smiley

Thanks so much mamas for your responses. My mind don calm down now kiss
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ganiyat1992: 9:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
Good evening everyone , I'm suppose to go for my ante natal today and my TTC injection but I forgot I didn't know today is 15th
Can I still go tomorrow or what do I do please.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 10:33pm On Jun 15, 2022
Is cough syrup safe during pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 12:56am On Jun 16, 2022
Ganiyat1992:
Good evening everyone , I'm suppose to go for my ante natal today and my TTC injection but I forgot I didn't know today is 15th
yes sure, you can go today. 16th June
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 2:43am On Jun 16, 2022
omotolanibaby:
Yes, I used Tutolin or something like that. Let them know it's for a pregnant woman.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 8:18am On Jun 16, 2022
cinderellashoes:

Yes, I used Tutolin or something like that. Let them know it's for a pregnant woman.
ok
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by NOBILITY22(f): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2022
omotolanibaby:

You can use Menthodex cough medicine or just mix a teaspoon of original honey in one cup of warm water.

The cough will disappear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2022
Ganiyat1992:
You can go for it. I also received mine on Tuesday instead of Monday.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2022
omotolanibaby:

There should be safe ones to be used in pregnancy or you get natural things to use instead.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 11:26am On Jun 16, 2022
NOBILITY22:

You can use Menthodex cough medicine or just mix a teaspoon of original honey in one cup of warm water.

The cough will disappear
thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amakapritty(f): 1:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mamas pls I need ur advice
Am in my second trimester and I find it very difficult to eat food,I hardly get hungry and even when I force myself to eat it just doesn't work....it gives me concern
What do I do

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 2:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
Work with a good doctor next time you get pregnant..you might need to be placed on medication in early pregnancy
formidablefunmi:

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzMerci(f): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2022
Congratulations to all June mamas
@Layormiii hope u’re recovering well
Omo, night duty is crazyyyyyyy. My darling wakes up around 10pm till 3am, wanting to suck and snuggle while I’m struggling to keep my eyes open. He had jaundice at day 3 of life, we spent a night at nicu for phototherapy but thanks be to God, he’s much better and bilirubin level has dropped.
Btw, baby cot and newborn sized clothes are a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. thankfully, they were both gifts, so no regrets.
I wish all waddling mamas safe delivery

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
Mama's please I need to know if I'm the only one.
I usually have lots of noises in my tummy at night especially when I lie down to sleep. I don't know if it's from food or what? Kind of rumbling sounds almost like when Ur hungry or a kind of water gurgling sound? I've asked my midwife and she says its nothing to worry about but I haven't heard anyone complaining of such before and I don't remember it in my previous preggy.
Please am I alone in this one?
30+ weeks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6670) (6671) (6672) (6673) (6674) (6675) (6676) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.