Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,125 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8262254 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nazablossom(f): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
ambient:
mamas in the house help me pray for my unborn child ,started bleeding yesterday ad was rushed to the hospital.doctor said the baby is fine and he is just administering normal saline since yesterday night.put me in ur prayers.
may the Good lord protect you and your lo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2015
Gaily04:

Welcome again teamie, Team May is loyal to ma'am zaynie's govt, so u can pay to her n bring d receipt to out captain, tammyloreoluwa

wink wink wink...3 Gbosa for you! kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2015
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

She is fine o tchiwinnie, she complains of headache and fever from time to time. We found she had typhoid and we are on medication now. She is two weeks past the first trimester. Thanks for the concern. How are you doing?
Good to know. I m fyn thank u. Our regards to her.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 1:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
tatacherie:

Good afternoon mama.how's d family? I don pack finish oo smiley patiently waiting for d early days of January.
#TeamJanuaryfor10minseasydelivery# cool
U don try well well. Oya oda Jan mamas, una don pack finish?As some of u dey eye DEC. DEC don reach already o.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tammyloreoluwa(f): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
thank you ma'am.

So who do I pay my dues to?

#teamMay

you wellcome dear.. oya tender ur recipt fast way senior Zaynie give u..
in order words body tire me ee, harmattan don start for here sotay i don dey smell christmas fa.. heat sef too much.. back to sleep mood

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2015
ambient:
mamas in the house help me pray for my unborn child ,started bleeding yesterday ad was rushed to the hospital.doctor said the baby is fine and he is just administering normal saline since yesterday night.put me in ur prayers.
Mama, pls try and calm down. U need plenty bedrest, as in strict one. No kpekusing for now o. May God keep ur lo intact till delivery. How far gone re u?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
@ ambient May God protect ur baby.u shall carry to term.fret not.plz rest well.don't raise a pin if u can.The Almighty is with u
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nggie(f): 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2015
goldmine:
Double the trouble, fun and blessings. My twins have arrived! A girl and a boy by 11.29am and 11.30am yesterday,Thursday morning,weighing 2.6kg and 3kg respectively via c-section.

BS
At my 35 weeks appointment,the ultrasound revealed that both my babies were in cephalic position. Was so excited. I even popped wine when I got home that day grin. U can imagine the disappointment when by the following week,the leading twin had become breech. Was advised to strongly consider the possibility of a c-section. By 37 weeks they were both breech and the doctor booked me for c/s against 37weeks+5days. Said they couldn't take the risk of having me fall into labour with them in that position as I could go into labour anytime from even the 37weeks because it's twins.

Anyway,i arrived early. The procedure took place as scheduled with me awake. I was anxious,scared and honestly even shocked after my LOs were out. Was just wondering....did I really carry this 2 precious bundles or was I dreaming. All in all,i give God all the glory for everything.

Sorry team december,i left you guys. I also hereby hand over the mantle of class captain to @ soonest. I know she's capable and up to the task. wink. Easy and normal delivery I wish you all ex-teamies and of course other pushing mamas.

Oya team November,start dropping fast after me like kilode.

My precious bundles.
congrats ma'am! I tap d anointing. God bless n keep them 4 u.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lightedpath(f): 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
Congratulations to goldmine. God bless them. Happy anniversary soonest. God's blessings always

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Good to know. I m fyn thank u. Our regards to her.
Thanks so much
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmum11(f): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
Kimoni:
Lovinam, other sabi mamas - Pls I want to inquire about the other proudmum on this thread. Remember the shy proudmum that was hovering around this thread for a long time till we called her out and she introduced herself. Pls who has heard from her? How's she progressing? I just thought about her this morning and I know I have not read from her in a long time. Anyone who knows where she is hiding should send her my regards pls. Thanks
. Am good ooo grin Laziness 2 type most times. But I always ve all mamas here @ heart. Tenx 4 d mention kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmum11(f): 2:38pm On Nov 20, 2015
Thanks 4 d mentions tyconcept,Lovinam n my baby's E-godmother. We are fine just laziness most times to type or read thru. I ve been down with malaria but am strong now. Congrats to all d mamas dat ve put 2 bed,May we move 2 d permanent site d pushing mamas and to d newbies u re welcome n ur stay ll b fruitful.To our TTCsisters,d good lord ll bless ur wombs sharperly kiss.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 2:40pm On Nov 20, 2015
@ Soonest HWA.More grace to build a great home n many more years of glorious celebration

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oselin: 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
tatacherie:

20k for registration.am at work now.will send u d hospital list in d evening.but they are presently on strike now sha

Kk, Tanx alot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyjip(f): 2:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
Present oooo. Team April2016 nothing dey happen
lioha:
Supernatural team April if your name no dey here abeg indicate by raising up your hand.

1.Lioha
2.Destinedmon
3.FreddywellsNgN
4.Bez
5.Mubzay
6.Fammummy
7.Talltosyne
8.Mowojuoluwa
9.Iyefulove
10.ceysaga
11.Ifyjip
12.Mspat
13.Sodiamond
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
They said lying baby on their tummy may cause SIDS, sudden infant death syndrome,
Me shaa do lie my baby on her tummy most times if not, I no go fit enjoy dat my sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyjip(f): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2015
Ur highly welcom happy bumping
HumbledbYGrace:
After viewing thread for some days, falling inlove with what happening in it, rejoicing, crying and laughing with the queens in spirit, she decides to take a leap of Faith. Opening the door slightly, peeps in as others are busy doing their own thing, head bowed, hands at the back though its hard this days to stand like this with her protruding belly. With a soft voice she hails them queens; “Blessed morning highly favored. Erm, am I allowed to be part of this moving train though I am just a Naija daughter in-law?” Head still bowed, she prostrate herself on the floor, awaiting her fate.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2015
lovinam:

aww dear! huggie hugs. have you tried the tummy theraphy? lay him on his tummy during d day only o he will pass out the gas. i hope you are not taking soda cos it can make babies uncomfortable . as per constipation are you bfing or formular feeing him? if eb then you might wanna include fruits in yoour diet
I only breastfeed him and I eat fruits a lot also.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyjip(f): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2015
ambient:
my dear nothing. .....I mean nothing will ever happen to u and ur LO. Just turn to EXODUS 23:26 and DEUT. 28::7...read dem now. Nothing shall cast ur young. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
*Swaggers in with my belle* Wia all those mamas wey no fear me?! una no dey fear face?! angry angry

brokewaist....na u be no 1! I be ur senior o...no think am! take time o! If u collect any money dia, i go deal wit u! be careful

Madam justcurious....if i catch u ehn?! u go know say malaria and belleria no be family members! As far the association of belleful mamas is concerned, na me be treasurer, zaynie na collection agent gringringrin ozycy take note!

Most senior mama zaynie...twale mama!!!.....mama atinuke ti o ni rival! But as your belle don turn to pikin, u for resign make we belleful mamas take over na wink wink
Put me in charge....i no go thief money winkgrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
ambient:

Its well with your LO and u. You will carry to term and deliver easily...Amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2015
Iffffffy:
so so real my dear sister, my baby hardly sleep, and he wriggles his body somehow ad cry, some said its d navel stuff that is worrying him, some said it is constipation cuz he might not poo for five to six days, and some said it is oka(yoruba), due to one parting on his forehead, I'm really at loss of what.
but what did the dr say?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2015
ambient:
it is well.... Like Oyedepo will say... It's the excess blood in ur body that's going out. You r in my prayers darling

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 3:53pm On Nov 20, 2015
proudmum11:
Thanks 4 d mentions tyconcept,Lovinam n my baby's E-godmother. We are fine just laziness most times to type or read thru. I ve been down with malaria but am strong now. Congrats to all d mamas dat ve put 2 bed,May we move 2 d permanent site d pushing mamas and to d newbies u re welcome n ur stay ll b fruitful.To our TTCsisters,d good lord ll bless ur wombs sharperly kiss.
good to know you are doing fine... kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 3:59pm On Nov 20, 2015
HumblesbYgrace.....Welcome to a peaceful stay here. Carry to term and deliver a healthy baby with mum & dad alive + enough money.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
MsPat:

Most senior mama zaynie...twale mama!!!.....mama atinuke ti o ni rival! But as your belle don turn to pikin, u for resign make we belleful mamas take over na wink wink
Put me in charge....i no go thief money winkgrin

And the prodigal one finds her way home.

Ma'am Zaynie abeg forgive her make e no be like say u be wicked senior.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stadora(f): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
ambient:
Our God wil neva alow anytin bad 2 hapen 2 u nor ur lo. U shall bring fort ur own like d hebrew women.
Jst Believe it. U re covered by d Precios blood of Jesus. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 4:12pm On Nov 20, 2015
Iffffffy:
I only breastfeed him and I eat fruits a lot also.

He may b coliciky, he ll outgrow it by 3- 4 months. 4get all dose myths n diagnosis been peddeled about. U shld also watch wat u eat cos some foods aggravate it. Myb u shld try ruling out beans n dairy foods 4 now. Pele.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
cutiereborn Blessedmum Niyyah tyconcepts proudmom38 senoreetah tatacherie soonest kendlez lightedpath missusadey hafsat24 happymama zaynie Beryl15 Eminya JustCurious Doubledouble blessedtwins fabmummy stadora Jennifer89 Modath tatacherie Redeemed mumydidi Janedyke6 ginababy mompurity2 anikeayun rainyday Lynsunny shat01 legendsmother olalayo1710 proudmum11 iyomomo goldmine
everfaithfulGod divinemandate gocare Virtuouswife shiller firsttymum Deezou wonyi Juwonesho sazyn divinemandate freakingout

Thanks to everyone for all the mentions, ‘likes’ and kind wishes. God bless you all. Apologies for not posting my birth story earlier and apologies to all the mentions I ignored. I no be that kind person. Lol.

Birth story. Finally grin grin grin

Make una no vex that it’s coming late.

Congrats to all the new mothers. To all those, rocking their bump and counting down to their EDD – may you deliver like Hebrew women. To the ladies in God’s waiting room, God will hear all your prayers and grant you the fruit of the woman in Jesus name. Amen.

I am going to share it in four parts - pre delivery, delivery and post delivery and recovery

PART ONE – PRE-DELIVERY

A week before my due date, i was referred to see a consultant obstetrician as my midwife felt that my stomach was bigger than normal and she was concerned i had too much fluid around my baby. I did a scan and i was checked by the consultant and told all was okay and there was no cause for concern.

The consultant then decided to do an internal examination just to see the position of my cervix. I was told that was cervix was fully closed – as in TIGHT SHUT. She was like damnnnnnnnnnnnnn girl. You need to start having sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx like crazy. This vagina hasn’t been as active as it should... lolllllllllllllllll; D grin grin grin

I was shuooooooooooooooooooooooo. I just said 'yes ma'. At that point i was worried as the consultant was so clear that my cervix didn’t appear like it was even ready to shift to make way for my baby. That should have been a warning sign to me for what was to come but then i shrugged it off.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 4:31pm On Nov 20, 2015
cutiereborn Blessedmum Niyyah tyconcepts proudmom38 senoreetah tatacherie soonest kendlez lightedpath missusadey hafsat24 happymama zaynie Beryl15 Eminya JustCurious Doubledouble blessedtwins fabmummy stadora Jennifer89 Modath tatacherie Redeemed mumydidi Janedyke6 ginababy mompurity2 anikeayun rainyday Lynsunny shat01 legendsmother olalayo1710 proudmum11 iyomomo goldmine everfaithfulGod divinemandate gocare Virtuouswife shiller firsttymum Deezou wonyi Juwonesho sazyn divinemandate freakingout beedam

PART TWO - LABOUR

I had been having contractions for about 2 -3 days before i gave birth but naïve me didn’t want to believe it was the real thing. I think say na Braxton hicks.

I called the hospital several times and each time they would ask me how far apart were the contractions and if i had seen my show. I gave them answers and they kept telling me that it wasn’t time for me to come to the hospital and that i should stay at home.

A day before i had my baby, i was having chronic backache and 'constipation'. I was applying metholatum on my back and trying so hard to pass poo in the loo. I didn’t know that it was sign of labour ooooooooooooo. Smh! una see say I no try. Lolllllllll. I kept on saying ‘I’m constipated’. Poo wan commot but e no gree. I no say na my labour thingz.

Anyway, my waters broke (i wasn’t even sure sef that it was my water that broke as i just woke up from a slight slumber to find water in my pants), so i called the hospital and told them what i saw. By this time i was already in chronic pains so they didn’t even waste any time asking me any silly questions before they asked me to come to the hospital. They could tell from the phone call that i was in a lot of pains. They even wanted to send me an ambulance. But the thought of giving birth in an ambulance and have my baby's place of birth registered as the plate number of the ambulance made me turn down the offer. grin grin grin grin I don’t know which is worse – delivering at home and having house address on the birth certificate or delivering in the ambulance and having the plate number on the certificate grin

Anyway, I wore a pad and went to the hospital. So at the hospital, they did all the vital checks to see if my baby and i were okay. I noticed yellow stuff on the pad and I was told it was meconium. I was worried but the midwife was relaxed. Anyway, at this point i was already screaming for epidural grin

A nurse came to check me and said i was about 8cm dilated. I was soooo happy! Lmaoooo. Only for her to seek a second opinion and i was re-examined and told i was only 5cm dilated. Chai!!! At this time the pain was getting unbearable and all i wanted was the freaking epidural.

I was wheeled to the labour room asked to try 'gas and air'. That nanasense didn’t work for me mehnnnnn. Instead it made me feel dizzy and i even wanted to throw up. The anaesthetist was brought in to administer the epidural. That took forever as i kept having contractions and the man couldn’t do anything until the contractions had eased so he kept stopping intermitently. Whilst all this was going on, my baby's heart beat dropped and the doctor said if my baby showed any further signs of distress, there might be need for an intervention. Finally, he finished his job and i was soooooooooooooooooooooo relieved. Epidural is the next best thing since sliced bread. grin grin to all the women wey dey deliver without epidural, I throway hand for una. Hi-Five!! I just kent!!! grin grin God bless whoever invented that thing!! In fact, I was asked to give a review of my experience with epidural whilst at the hospital and I just kept gushing about it.

Anyway, after the epidural, i was checked again and I was still at my 5cm dilation so I was given the IV to induce labour (i can’t remember what it’s called). i was relaxed, no more pain, feeling happy , I balanced with my phone and was ready to resume full pinging and to also update nairaland and instagram with #deliveryloading and #maternityroom pictures grin grin only for the doctors to come in again. My baby's heartbeat had dropped. shocked shocked I could see it from the monitor attached to me but I wasn’t sure I was seeing well as I didn’t have my glasses with me.

That was how the doctor said i have to have an emergency C-section. I was like sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whattttttttttttttttttttttt? ‘‘Didn’t you see it in my pregnancy notes that i said vaginal delivery only''? grin You kidding me right? Lol. C kini? Lol. grin shocked grin That was how I was given a pep talk on what could happen if the doctors didn’t intervene.

Na so i enter theatre oh and i joined the 'belle slicing' crew - cc modath grin

My baby was brought out - all hale and hearty, happy, fresh and complete to the Glory of God. From the time i was in hospital to when i gave birth = 7hours in total and i was discharged the next day after the c -section. So basically, i spent just one night in hospital. Another record, eh grin

God is indeed faithful. God, I'm grateful!

35 Likes 1 Share

cutiereborn Blessedmum Niyyah tyconcepts proudmom38 senoreetah tatacherie soonest kendlez lightedpath missusadey hafsat24 happymama zaynie Beryl15 Eminya JustCurious Doubledouble blessedtwins fabmummy stadora Jennifer89 Modath tatacherie Redeemed mumydidi Janedyke6 ginababy mompurity2 anikeayun rainyday Lynsunny shat01 legendsmother olalayo1710 proudmum11 iyomomo goldmine
everfaithfulGod divinemandate gocare Virtuouswife shiller firsttymum Deezou wonyi Juwonesho sazyn divinemandate freakingout

Part 3 - POST DELIVERY AND RECOVERY -
I was discharged and went home. Over a week later, my legs were still swollen, tummy still massive and i still looked very pregnant. I also started coughing real bad. I went back to the hospital and he did the basic checks and he was concerned. He wasn’t sure whether he should send me home with antibiotics or refer me back to the maternity unit. Anyways, thank God he did the right thing and referred me back.

To cut a long story short, i was admitted for 5 days and i had all manner of tests carried out carried out on me - including a CT scan. It was discovered i had water in my lungs, that is, Pulmonary edema (google it please). In summary, na God save me. God i thank you ohhhh. And i also thank the cardiologist that God used to give the right diagnosis and treatment. I had water removed from my body. About 15 litres or so. I went to the hospital looking like a size 22 and i returned home looking like a size 8.

Meanwhile, the pains after a C-Section is on another level. The healing phase is painfullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. damn! to cough, pain! laugh, pain! smile, pain! sit , pain! even as i type, i still feel the pains ! embarassed lipsrsealed angry

my consolation is that i didnt have any tear. lolllll. Cos with a vagina that tight and my baby birth weight, my honeypot would have been torn from up to bottom to get my baby out grin grin and i am told the pain for that is on another level. grin

In everything, I give God the glory. He is faithful and I am indeed thankful to Him for His love and grace upon my life.

BIRTH STORY ENDS
Thanks ya'll for reading !

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyjip(f): 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2015
helovesme:
c
kilode.....handwork of boredom

(1) (2) (3) ... (926) (927) (928) (929) (930) (931) (932) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: fomatt(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.