Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? (24535 Views)

Poll: Who is the best?

Christiano Ronaldo: 27% (3 votes)
Lionel Messi: 72% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

I Gave My Vote To Christiano Ronaldo But Shocked To Hear I Voted Messi-players / Arjen Robben Is Better Than Lionel Messi / Man-u Lose To Kaizer Chiefs On Pens, But Where Is Christiano? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Tdro(m): 7:26am On Mar 09, 2012
Lionel Messi is the best. He's very calm when he's with the ball and the guy is very humble, not selfish on the field. Ronaldo is also good but he can't play a cool ball while Messi can play but cool and fast football. And Ronaldo is a selfish player.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by profdee(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2012
I quote wayne rooney who played alongside CR7, "Messi is a joke, the greatest ever". End of discussion.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Detongue: 8:31am On Mar 09, 2012
Check out Drogba wen he was in dat age
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by yongnoble(m): 8:48am On Mar 09, 2012
why not add a poll to this thread so we can actually vote?
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Esinwaju: 10:17am On Mar 09, 2012
VUVUZELA10:

The difference is clear. Christiano Ronaldo is the best. Transfer Messi to EPL if he will perform. Why is Messi not at his best in Argentina National team? Please, let us be objective, CR 7 has proved his worth in three countries namely Portugal, England and Spain.
You are one of those people who just watch football only to see the ball just go into the back of the net without paying attention to other details. Messi at the 2010wc assisted most of the goals Argentina scored. Messi in the Argentine national team plays as a playmaker because there are other guys in the team who can score goals as well but then they don't have the same creative ability that Messi has and that that makes him the ideal candidate for that role. Look less , watch more!
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by pboy2buzy(m): 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
RONALDO AND MESSI, both ar exceptionally good but who is better? Letz go bk to simple statistic, personally i cal ronaldo ''the goal machine'' nd messi ''lion messi'', so sentimentz apart,

(1)under 20 messi won(scoring 6goals without xavi nd iniesta) cr7 no

2).olympic messi won(scoring 2goal nd an asist in d final) cr7 no

3).cr7 4 portugal playd 88 32goals, messi 67 22goals

4).messi 4 club hs playd(competetively)202 wit 152goals, cr7(sportin,man u,madrid) 310games wit 184goals.

5).league won messi-5 cr7-3, fa cup/copa dey rey messi-1 cr7-3, champions league messi-3 cr7-1, fifa club wrld cup messi-2 cr7-1

6).league golden shoe-cr7-2 messi-1, european golden shoe cr7-2 mess-1, champion league top scorer messi-3 cr7-1, fa cup/copa to scorer mess-1 cr7-0

7).world footballer of the year messi-3 cr7-1

cool.this current season games played,goal nd (assist)
messi cr7
league 24:28(10) 25:30(6)

copa 6:2(0) 5:3(0)

ucl 7:12(4) 5:4(2)

spain scup 2:3(2) 2:1(0)

uefa supercup 1:1(1) ---

club wcup 2:2sad2) ---

total 42:48(19) 37:38(cool

messi pld42 scord48 ass19
cr7 37 38 8

9).for those calling cr7 penaldo,stop it cuz pen is nt easy to score nd itz part of d game.letz us leave sentiment out of this nd say it as it is

10).FINALLY!!! FROM THE STATISTICAL RECORDS IT IS EVIDENT AND HAS BEEN PROVEN BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT THAT THE THREE TIME WORLD FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR LIONEL MESSI IS THE BETTER PLAYER (by some few dirtance).

N:B anybody that still feel otherwise is assume nt to b talkin abt football cuz d record hs show it.except u hav ur own diffrn record. Tanx
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Tosyn007(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2012
All those asking Messi to go to another are not making sense. We all know C.Penaldo moved to Madrid cos it is bigger than Man Utd. Barca is biggest club anyone can play for, so him moving to another club is coming down the ladder at ur apex form.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by bukola: 2:54pm On Mar 09, 2012
messi is their fether
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by adctrl: 3:21pm On Mar 09, 2012
If you know football or you are a footballer by any (little) means, you will know that MESSI is the best, even though Ronaldo is not too far behind. End of story I beg.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Psaalmuel(m): 3:42pm On Mar 09, 2012
D 2 duos ar gr8 wit difrnt styles of play,bt i prefer ronaldo dan messi, i love 2 wtch bth play, we cnt talk mch coz messi iz d 3 tyms wrld best,
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by ddippset(m): 5:15pm On Mar 09, 2012
Well, since this argument wouldn't go away, I make my closing statement; there is no such award as the greatest in history. The greatest individual award in football is the fifa ballon dor. Messi has 3. So stop the senseless baseless argument now. The best after messi is andres iniesta.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by SamMilla1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2012
People should compare Ronaldo with the likes of van persie and rooney. Messi is in the World of his own and nobody is even close to him.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Nobody: 4:59am On Mar 10, 2012
I prefer Ronaldo to messi
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by anz0002: 10:51am On Mar 15, 2012
I love both.

Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by Olaolufred(m): 4:08pm On Mar 19, 2012
octavian:

At the moment none, over the past 7 years, every season an English team gets to the UCL final, except 2010. Messi should move out of Barcelona to prove himself, Zidane, Rivaldo, Ronaldo de Lima all did,

I am a liverpool fan.
Truth be told. Messi is good, a bit better than CR7.

To comment on octavian's assertions, He has the right to stay wherever he wants.
He may want to grab all grabables and become a Barca legend.

No man can be judged by, "what he would have been, if he had been".
A better judgement is based on what we can see evidently.

If we talk of the football that heaven enjoys, it is played by only one club on earth. Barca

Let us appreciate the fact that this guy called Messi is gooooooooooood. No controversy.
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by dotcomnamename: 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by princechrisFin: 3:28pm On May 15, 2012
I'd like to ask you guys one simple question and please,substantiate that with 2 or 3 links.How many football legends,coaches and players have ever compared C.Ronaldo with Pele,Maradona,Johan Cryuff and Di Stefano? Question 2: How many times have you heard same soccer pundits say Leo Messi is the best of all time? You see,you can believe what you like based on sentiments but the truth which is so glaring is,Messi is a pure genius.Some of the things he does just leave you wondering if he is human at all.Goal against Madrid,CL SF 2011,Getafe 2007,Leverkusen 2012,the list goes on and on.3 times Ballon D'or winner,now that's not a joke,init?
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by toolbarmoney(m): 4:49am On Nov 12, 2013
Can you compare a Lion and an Hyenna? ofcourse Messi is the best!
Re: Is Christiano Ronaldo Better Than Lionel Messi? by northnods: 2:20am On Feb 15, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sevilla Fc - Fans Zone / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur (4 - 2) On 19th January 2023 / Fulham Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 13th November 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.