Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal (9603 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / "I Have Never Collected Bribe In My Life" - Rotimi Amaechi / Senators Received $50,000 'Sallah Gift' To Impeach Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Ptimes: 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Two weeks before the Federal Government announced the removal of fuel subsidy on Petroleum products, leading to a hike in petrol price, Nigerian Senators got an unexpected largesse, Premium Times can authoritatively report.

Between December 15 and Christmas, the President of the Senate, David Mark, distributed mint-fresh cash in U.S. dollars to each of the country's 109 Senators, multiple knowledgeable sources have told Premium Times.

There is no evidence that any Senator rejected the largesse. Even activist members who got elected on the platform of opposition parties, promising to expose corruption in parliament, quietly got and pocketed their shares.

“Each Senator got sixty thousand dollars and principal officers even got more, I think between seventy and eighty thousand dollars,” one of our sources, a top Senate official, said, Read more:http://premiumtimesng.com/news/4109-dollar_rain_for_nigerian_senators.html
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by vlove1: 3:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
god help nigeria
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by otokx(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2012
unsubstantiated
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
v love:

god help nigeria
Are u asking question or what, next time use capital G for God
@ topic just $60K, i dont believe the story
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by stepo707: 3:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
Thats almost 10million naira each times 109 senators.Do the maths
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by ifedun2: 3:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
Why am i not surprised?
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by deloon(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
And the funny thing be say we go just siddon dey look. Kai! If to say I get millitant connect, na to coordinate them make them extinguish this our rulers. I tire 4 naija
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Bawss1(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
Rumor mill express. How come this rumor is just coming up now?
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by daywatcher: 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
if this is true then all my hopes for this country will vanish
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by POTUT(m): 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
Plausible story to support their loud silence, as opposed to the HOR ferocious roars. Also plausible reason their hearings on the matter are shadowing the HOR's.

Need I say our bane in fighting corruption in this country is the absence of incontrovertible evidence? I am fed up with all these wolf cries that end with the setting of the day's sun.
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by hassymo5(m): 4:02pm On Mar 08, 2012
No wonder they didnt utter a word thru out the protest!!!!!
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by onyewec3: 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
RUBBISH, LIES, WATEVER IS NOT SUBSTANTIATED IS A LIE, SAHARA REPOTERS AND PREMIUM TIMES ARE JUST BUNCH OF LIERS, WHO GAVE DEM MONEY? WHY DIDNT THEY SAY THIOS BEFORE NOW? RUBBISH, AM WISER NOW
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by sirp2007: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
rubbish
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
It's not  a new thing it is part of moral decadence and cankerworm that is eaten up Nigeria polity
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Efizzi: 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
IF THIS IS TRUE THEN NAIJA IS JUST A HUGE JOKE

INTERESTING
BUT WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND I THAT WOULD THIS 60K DOLLS LAST FOREVER, WONT THEIR CHILDRENS CHILDREN BEAR THE PAIN OF SUBSIDY REMOVAL?
HW ARE YOU NOT SURE EACH OF THEM WOULD USE HIS OR HER MONEY IN PAYING THEIR HOSPITAL BILLS
PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE. PROBABLY THEY WOULD LIVE FOREVER ON EARTH AND REMAIN AS LAWMAKERS.
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Boyoorisha: 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2012
Fake report!
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by onyewec3: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2012
POTUT:

Plausible story to support their loud silence, as opposed to the HOR ferocious roars. Also plausible reason their hearings on the matter are shadowing the HOR's.

Need I say our bane in fighting corruption in this country is the absence of incontrovertible evidence? I am fed up with all these wolf cries that end with the setting of the day's sun.

they claim senator david mark was sharing ''dollar mint'', where is picture or video to substantiate their claim, its only an illiterate will believe this story, i knw our govt are theifs but make ity real to me not telling me illuosioned tales
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by 1025: 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
i have a lot of reasons to believe this story.
1. such a vital decision couldn't have been taken without their consent and while they were on break. the senate i know will impeach the president.
2. the house of is making problems for the donations made by cbn govs to victims which according to them was made without their knowledge what more fuel subsidy removal?
3. reuben abati who wrote a book in 2009 against the removal of fuel subsidy wouldn't have changed his mind just for free
4. if jonathan was truthful, after 2 months, what has he done?
5. where are those buses we saw on tv?
more tham a thousand questions to be asked.
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Muttex(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
I know that senate president b4. He is a big thief. trace his antecedent,
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Weselion1(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
@OP,Nice way to promote your site. Fake news
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Koolking(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
It is now all water under the bridge. . .

I am not surprise, after all corruption is endemic in that chamber
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by amtheone(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
Am not surprise at all if true.
Btw, it has always been that way.
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
Efizzi:

IF THIS IS TRUE THEN NAIJA IS JUST A HUGE JOKE

INTERESTING
BUT WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND I THAT WOULD THIS 60K DOLLS LAST FOREVER, WONT THEIR CHILDRENS CHILDREN BEAR THE PAIN OF SUBSIDY REMOVAL?
HW ARE YOU NOT SURE EACH OF THEM WOULD USE HIS OR HER MONEY IN PAYING THEIR HOSPITAL BILLS
PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE. PROBABLY THEY WOULD LIVE FOREVER ON EARTH AND REMAIN AS LAWMAKERS.

Is there a Time since the death of Ironsi that Naija was never a Joke?
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by ifihearam: 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2012
@op
What about the house of representativesyou can't ignore them remember which makes this story a lie. But wait ooo we never heard anything from the senators during the strike sha
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Samy1: 5:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
We shall see what will become their end. Let them continue to trade the development
of the country for their immediate satisfaction.

Surely their children, children's children and generation yet unborn will bear the remains of their doings.
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
@OP -- grin grin grin grin you must be joking, $60k-$100k is not nearly a quarter of what is needed to bribe Senators to stand behind subsidy removal, are we going backwards or forwards, how much did the former Minister of Education tender to have Senate sway his way and this is just a simple matter of Education budget, smh! abeg leave matter , if you were talking about a motion to buy helmets for Area boys, i can say $60k to each senator will close that topic grin grin grin the money is just too small to be considered a bribe these days, grin grin
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by babaowo: 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
were they not there for their pockets alone
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by crackhouse(m): 5:26pm On Mar 08, 2012
One question u should ask urself is, can our senators do such a thing? And the answer is big YES. So, why doubting it if it's possible or do we expect them to come out and inform us abt it. One thing u have to know is that such an important issue that have to do with the welfare of Nigerians cannot be implemented without passing through the senate for it to be deliberated on. So it's possible they collected the money and kept quiet and even the senators from the opposition parties said nothing abt it.
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by kizito96(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2012
What a sell out? The wrath of God will visit them oneday
Re: Senators Received Bribe In Dollars Before Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
Subsidy matter, na for your pocket, ey ey , na for your pocket, na for your pocket.
house allowance matter, na for your pocket ey ah na for your pocket

every time we try to progress, dem go vex, many people go die if we try to protest.
the same people way vote you when you de try to contest,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Defers Metuh’s Application Asking For His Passport To Be Released / Nigerian Court Releases 475 Boko Haram Suspects / Buhari Has Turned EFCC, Police Into APC ‘attack Dogs’ – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.