Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,278 members, 7,826,080 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

God Hates Celebrities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Hates Celebrities (1656 Views)

Help! My Pastor Hates Me! / If God Hates Human Sacrifice, Why Did He Sacrifice His Son On The Cross? / Ladies - Dont Use Hillshoes To Church, God Hates It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 1:17pm On Mar 08, 2012
ISAIAH 23 VS 9 - THE LORD PLANS TO HUMILIATE ALL THE HONORED PEOPLE OF THE WORLD

now lets look at the meaning of the word 'honored'

high public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor. DICTIONARY.COM
Re: God Hates Celebrities by Jenwitemi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
God hates hating.
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
Jenwitemi:

God hates hating.
WRONG

AMOS 5 VS 15
ROMANS 9 VS 13
MALACHI 1 VS 3

ALL INSTANCES OF GOD HATING PEOPLE AND TELLING US IT IS OK TO HATE IN AMOS 5 VS 15
Re: God Hates Celebrities by Jenwitemi(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
The "God" in the bible is fake. An IMPOSTOR. So why does what he said matter? Any two pence being with a decent amount of power can claim to be GOD. It isn't hard to do. But just because some entity claim to be God does not mean "He" is GOD. Impostors make claims that don't fit them all the time. That is why they are impostors and thus FAKE.
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
Jenwitemi:

The "God" in the bible is fake. An IMPOSTOR. So why does what he said matter? Any two pence being with a decent amount of power can claim to be GOD. It isn't hard to do. But just because some entity claim to be God does not mean "He" is GOD. Impostors make claims that don't fit them all the time. That is why they are impostors and thus FAKE.
AHHHH AN ATHEIST undecided
Re: God Hates Celebrities by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2012
Player Haterz lipsrsealed
Re: God Hates Celebrities by Jenwitemi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
That would be the bible god, then. The bloody player hater. grin cheesy
lagerwhenindoubt:

Re: God Hates Celebrities by Jenwitemi(m): 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
Not an atheist, dude.
buzugee:

AHHHH AN ATHEIST undecided
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

i guess you can say that but hey, you are in contravention of this law ROMANS 1 VS 25 They worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator,
Re: God Hates Celebrities by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
buzugee:

i guess you can say that but hey, you are in contravention of this law ROMANS 1 VS 25 They worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator,

I prefer the Living Translation
They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise!Amen.

The Truth about God is this - His creations have a powerful innate attraction Celebrity (music, fame, honor etc) Worship; who they choose to worship is where God's dilemma arose. Should I worship God, Myself or Others - Let us start with the very 1st Celebrity Worshiper - Lucifer wink

Isaiah 14:11-15
Your pomp is brought down to Sheol, the sound of your harps; maggots are laid as a bed beneath you, and worms are your covers.
How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!
You said in your heart, [b]I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High[/b]. But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit.

Ezekiel 28:12-15
You were the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The sardius, topaz, and diamond, Beryl, onyx, and jasper, Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold. The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created.
"You were the anointed cherub who covers; I established you; You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Till iniquity was found in you. By the abundance of your trading You became filled with violence within, And you sinned; Therefore I cast you as a profane thing Out of the mountain of God; And I destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the fiery stones."

God needs honest-worship (the primary purpose of his creations) but he abhors self-worship (no surprises there) so he hates that his creations try to be like him by seeking worship from other people or worshiping other things besides him - player-hating if you'd ask me. It is inevitable give man a will and expect him to choose to do the right thing every time - e no go work - e neva work. It would have been better if he created automatons to worship him appropriately - for all eternity (a no-brainer)
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

I prefer the Living Translation
The Truth about God is this - His creations have a powerful innate attraction Celebrity (music, fame, honor etc) Worship; who they choose to worship is where God's dilemma arose. Should I worship God, Myself or Others - Let us start with the very 1st Celebrity Worshiper - Lucifer wink

God needs honest-worship (the primary purpose of his creations) but he abhors self-worship (no surprises there) so he hates that his creations try to be like him by seeking worship from other people or worshiping other things besides him - player-hating if you'd ask me. It is inevitable give man a will and expect him to choose to do the right thing every time - e no go work - e neva work. It would have been better if he created automatons to worship him appropriately - for all eternity (a no-brainer)
all strong points and reasonable arguments. i am sure every right thinking person has had trail of thoughts along this line once or twice in their lives. heck, the other day i was saying why did he not just create us without freewill ? but hey there is a scripture to counter this trail of thought of ours , i believe it goes like this ' as the creation you cant question the creator ' . either way i think it is fair. why would you worship other people ? thats idolatry. you are worshipping idols.
Re: God Hates Celebrities by kelz88(f): 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
Such an effing hypocrite. You must be jealous or celebrities of something. Read your Bible again. Look out for the bit where God says thou shall not judge lest he be judged. Some of these celebs give a lot to charity and help a lot of people. Just cos a few blow theirs on drugs, for example, doesn't mean they're all bad. Why not pray for them to help /give more instead of wasting your miserable life hating on others. Says a lot about you.
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
kelz88:

Such an effing hypocrite.  You must be jealous or celebrities of something. Read your Bible again. Look out for the bit where God says thou shall not judge lest he be judged. Some of these celebs give a lot to charity and help a lot of people. Just cos a few blow theirs on drugs, for example, doesn't mean they're all bad. Why not pray for them to help /give more instead of wasting your miserable life hating on others. Says a lot about you.
lord says a shameless woman shall be counted as a dog ECCLESIASTICUS 26 VS 25.

and what is a female dog ? a B-I-T-C-H

and why are you a shameless woman ? 1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

now that we have established that you are a b-I-t-c-h , lets get to the koko of the matter

this is not an issue of what celebrities do for charity. this is an issue of idolatry. celebrities putting themselves up there are causing millions of people to sin unknowingly because those people are worshipping them and hence committing idolatry. this is not an issue of jealousy or whatever it is your petty mind came up with. this is an issue of your eternity and not the lil flimsy transient life you think you have now. so shut the heck up and quit chatting like you done lost whats left of your rabid mind  angry
Re: God Hates Celebrities by FXKing2012(m): 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2012
Jenwitemi:

May God forgive u cos u know not wat u say.
Re: God Hates Celebrities by kelz88(f): 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2012
Nice one bozo the clown. Look at the kind of bull your bible is teaching you. Smh !! Look what religion has done to some peole. Did these people ask to be worshipped? Isn't it the same for pastors?  You have people calling them daddy and what not. We don see you wey holy pass. Nut case, you need help. Learn to focus on your own life and stop judging others. It's not a good look. Buzz off.
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 2:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
kelz88:

Nice one bozo the clown. Look at the kind of bull your bible is teaching you. Smh !! Look what religion has done to some peole. Did these people ask to be worshipped? Isn't it the same for pastors?  You have people calling them daddy and what not. We don see you wey holy pass. Nut case, you need help. Learn to focus on your own life and stop judging others. It's not a good look. Buzz off.
look here r-kelly, abi na kelz, how many times i done told you that i am not a religious person angry i dont think pastors should be called daddy either. if i had my way, i would line all the pastors up and select one nice koboko and then i will commit to thrashing their buttocks with 24 strokes of the cane each grin grin
anyway i am not a nutcase. i am quite in control of all my faculties, even if i say so myself grin what you got planned for the weekend ?
Re: God Hates Celebrities by mkmyers45(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
buzugee:

look here r-kelly, abi na kelz, how many times i done told you that i am not a religious person angry i dont think pastors should be called daddy either. if i had my way, i would line all the pastors up and select one nice koboko and then i will commit to thrashing their buttocks with 24 strokes of the cane each grin grin
anyway i am not a nutcase. i am quite in control of all my faculties, even if i say so myself grin what you got planned for the weekend ?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Abeg bro buzzgee what are you?
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 3:39pm On Mar 09, 2012
mkmyers45:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Abeg bro buzzgee what are you?
grin grin grin i am a man who tries to live righteously to the best of my abilities tongue
Re: God Hates Celebrities by mkmyers45(m): 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2012
buzugee:

grin grin grin i am a man who tries to live righteously to the best of my abilities tongue

Abeg, i know its not compulsory but use one ogbonge word describe am
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2012
mkmyers45:

Abeg, i know its not compulsory but use one ogbonge word describe am
hmmm good question. just one word ? sad lets see. ahhh i see why i am stuck now. i dont know the meaning of ogbonge tongue
Re: God Hates Celebrities by mkmyers45(m): 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2012
buzugee:

hmmm good question. just one word ? sad lets see. ahhh i see why i am stuck now. i dont know the meaning of ogbonge tongue

Abeg o, Use a word to describe what you believe in
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2012
mkmyers45:

Abeg o, Use a word to describe what you believe in
' God' wink
Re: God Hates Celebrities by lepasharon(f): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2012
But you must admit that some celebs are quite good.
I know its a sin to worship celebs undecided
Re: God Hates Celebrities by buzugee(m): 7:15pm On Mar 09, 2012
lepasharon:

But you must admit that some celebs are quite good.
I know its a sin to worship celebs undecided
i am sure there are good celebs. this is not about their deeds. they are stumbling block to millions of people. when people worship them, this is idolatry. one of the deadliest sins. so God will rather sacrifice the life of one good celebrity than have that celebrity be the stumbling block to millions. you see how celebs are dying like chickens lately ? who you think doing that ?  its not about the celebs goodness. it is about the greater good of his world. BIGGER PICTURE.

SO BASICALLY BE A CELEB AT YOUR OWN RISK

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Disillusioned With The religion section / Why Does Christ's Righteousness Need To Be Imputed To Us? / If A Christian Commits Suicide, Is He/she Still Forgiven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.