Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? (1972 Views)

Acting Fifa President Hayatou Sleeps Through Press Conference. / Issa Hayatou Named FIFA Acting President / Mikel Winning AFOTY Award Will Be An Insult To African Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by Akolawole(m): 1:32pm On Mar 23, 2006
Alhaji Issa Hayatou is the the Chairman of Confederation of Africa football. He has been the leader since 1988.

Did you see him as the best man for the job? Has he done well?

Lets hear your views before I give mine.

Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by woleprof(m): 6:29pm On Sep 08, 2006
I have wondered why this man rule African football for so long. I think i hv many questions without answers.

How long can a man serve as CAF chairman

What role has he played to the development of african football before he becomes the chairman

who is he

I THINK HE IS A CURSE TO AFRICAN FOOTBALL
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by Akolawole(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2006
@Professor Wole

You better dont let my friend BabraGold read your comment.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by rikkyjen(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2006
Honestly, Africa leaders are obsessed with tha sit tight syndrome stuff.

Why shoud Issa be in CAF for the past 18yrs. The man has done nothing, african football is still in its mediorce status!! angry
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by candylips(m): 11:12pm On Sep 08, 2006
he is a typical african dictator. he would either die on the thrown or give it to his son
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by Akolawole(m): 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2006
If i am not wrong, Alhaji issa came in 1988.

The first blow is Henry Nwosu/ Jean Diramba [ Ababoy1, Rikkyjen and other Elders in the house. Did you remember?]

The cause is the death of Orok Oyo Orok, maybe Baba would have contested.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by woleprof(m): 9:17am On Sep 09, 2006
Akolawole:

@Professor Wole

You better don't let my friend BabraGold read your comment.

@Akola,

i dont care who's reading my post, as long as im saying the truth
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by Chxta(m): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2006
Hayatou has been excellent for Cameroonian football. But under him CAF had become a centre of 'ethnic' politics. Anyways, looking at CAF in the first few years under the man, you'll see that there was really no progress. I think that whatever progress CAF has made in the last few years is because businesses saw that there is money to be made from the game on the continent. . .
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by candylips(m): 11:07am On Sep 11, 2006
make de guy go rest o. abi he wan die for d post
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by woleprof(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2006
Issa is shameless Dictator.

I believe if he refused to be hornoured by resigning, he would sure be moved out of the office with a coffin.

im really bitter over his stay at CAF office. angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by Chxta(m): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2006
Like this case of awarding Angola the Nations Cup in 2010. First thing s first, I think it is demeaning that we bid for everything that comes along. Having said that, we were the best prepared country to host the damned thing, and CAF (fucking Issa Hayatou) gave it to Angola who have just one stadium! Then to add insult to injury, placed us on standby should Angola fail to be ready. I want to state here that I will personally be responsible for murder should we accept to host when Angola fail to meet their obligation as they surely will. Time to give the idiots a dose of their own medicine!

Culled from Chxta's World. . .
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by candylips(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2006
yes its so sick . CAF is alwasy using Nigeria for a fool and when Angola can not host it again they would come begging and we will gladly accept. angry
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by waleleader(m): 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2006
Issa Hayatou is a thief and a shameless dictator, what i actually dislike about him is the way he helps Cameroun to cheat.
they disobey all CAF rules, FIFA rules and they get away with it because of him. Remember what happened at the 2000 nations cup in Lagos,cheatinn us to the title. Imagine Etoo winning african footballer of the year twice, what happened to Okocha in 2004 is fraud, he deserved to wint.

The most annoying part is Amos Adamu, bowing to him, he should be the CAF president.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by BMusa1(m): 1:04pm On Sep 13, 2006
[color=#000099]Well do you say a blessing to Africa, certainly Yes. If he has been a blessing to his home country and some part of member states then thats a plus to him. But to Nigeria, then thats where the question lies. But i should also guess that Nigeria is bitting more than it can chew. Bidding for Nations cup, Common Wealth games, World cup, etc. at the same time shows that we as a country are demanding for too much. Why not try to concentrate on a single event and when the bid is lost, we can then analyze the circumstances surrounding the botched bid. Thou we r Nigerians, we would always stick to our Country, and the prayer is when a Nigerian assumes the exaulted position, the fatherland should also have its turn of favouritism. But we shouldnt be selfish in trying to have it all. One love!
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by candylips(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2006
men i never want to remember that Nations cup final 2000 i was in the stadium that day. It was the most painful football match i have ever wached cry
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by tianshie(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2006
Issa Hayatou is a knucklehead angry. I won't be surprised if he wins African Footballer of The Year,he's a practiced clown.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by Akolawole(m): 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2006
@All

Enough of name calling.

Its not fair at all.

It could be recalled that he has helped Nigeria through the backdoor as well, even though he makes loads of money from Naija as well.

He knows how to play his Politics very well which is why he keep on winning.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by mukina2: 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2006
sometimes he is a blessing but in most cases he is a curse a major one
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by waleleader(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2006
Akolawole:

@All

Enough of name calling.Its not fair at all.

He knows how to play his Politics very well which is why he keep on winning.

@akola, name calling is not an offence, we have freedom of speech dont we?

and Hayatou does not only know how to play politics, he is a political tyrant.
If he was into national politics, ill grade him with the likes of Eyadema and Mugabe. He'll probably become the president of africa one day, grin
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by amodu(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2006
Akolawole:

If i am not wrong, Alhaji issa came in 1988.

The first blow is Henry Nwosu/ Jean Diramba [ Ababoy1, Rikkyjen and other Elders in the house. Did you remember?]

The cause is the death of Orok Oyo Orok, maybe Baba would have contested.

I think is a curse to African football.

Saying that he as been their for the past eighteen years what about some FIFA President for example Jules Rimet of France that stays their for good 33 years, Dr. Joao Havelange of Brazil that also stays for 24 years so is not a big deal.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by Akolawole(m): 9:44am On Sep 16, 2006
walelead:

@akola, name calling is not an offence, we have freedom of speech don't we?

and Hayatou does not only know how to play politics, he is a political tyrant.
If he was into national politics, ill grade him with the likes of Eyadema and Mugabe. He'll probably become the president of africa one day, grin

Can you allow me to say anything to you?

I will employ Jackal to sort you out grin

I can bet it, you will never come back to Nairaland.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by amodu(m): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2006
Why?
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by waleleader(m): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2006
what will Jackal do, is this person related to Issa Hayatou,

Detour, @Akola, Man U is still leading the table oh, what do blues have to say for themselves? grin grin
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by ochukoccna: 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
Blessing KE?!
[size=48pt]BIG TIME CURSE![/size] grin grin grin
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by RSA(m): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
Give the CAF presidency to South Africa if you want African football to develop.
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by mukina2: 2:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
^
for your mind tongue now it will be xenophobic curse tongue tongue

I said it before and i am saying it again
he is a curse a major curse. the sooner he retires the better. how i wish it had been him the cabinda rebels threatened angry
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by RSA(m): 3:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
mukina2:

^
for your mind tongue now it will be xenophobic curse tongue tongue
I said it before and i am saying it again
he is a curse a major curse. the sooner he retires the better. how i wish it had been him the cabinda rebels threatened angry

Ouuch! cry

Muki that is below the belt grin
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by mukina2: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
sorry nor wound grin

but we both know its the truth tongue

am listening to your anthem. that's the only thing i like about RSA grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXKur2FAN7g
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by RSA(m): 3:46pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^ grin grin Maybe I could make you my second wife grin It's allow in the rainbow nation grin Zuma is showing us the way grin even how to shower grin

The longest Anthem in the world,the Tanzanians and Zambians sings the shorter version grin.And us South Africans we do the remix and add the other anthem on top. grin And we will try to sing it with Vuvuseeelaaaas grin
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by mukina2: 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
so your xenophobic citizens go use me as example to burn alive? grin

biko i nor want. thanks grin

its nice, the only thing i like about Republic of Racist Country grin tongue

i heard Issa Hayatou Banned Vuvuselas. finally he did something good grin grin
Re: Is Issa Hayatou A Curse Or Blessing To African Football? by rasputinn(m): 5:47am On Jan 20, 2010
Hayatou must go.Gosh how I loathe sit-tight dictators,reminds me of one particular incident,there was this night we were together on the same flight,I saw him in a flash,then looked at him again to make sure he was the one,he then felt cool and smiled at me,come and see the frown I gave him in return

(1) (Reply)

Enyimba V Kwara United (0-0) FULL TIME / Whole Body Trainer / Bet9ja Soccer Winning League Kickoff!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.