Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Humour (joke) Is No Excuse For Bad Behaviour - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Humour (joke) Is No Excuse For Bad Behaviour (827 Views)

8 Tips On Quick Fix For Bad Breath. / No Excuse For Failure - Meet The Illiterate Orphan Who Molded His Way To Success / 10 Nairalanders Behaviour In Political Discourse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Humour (joke) Is No Excuse For Bad Behaviour by CILondon: 1:38am On Mar 09, 2012
Hi Nairalanders

I can't stand people who do bad things to others in the name of A Joke. A Joke is no excuse for bad behaviour. I remember, many years ago, there was this married man that was a colleague of mine - we worked in the same office and I got on fairly well with him, same as with most of my other colleagues. One day, as I was walking along in the corridor, I was chatting and laughing with him and as I walked ahead of him, he came up behind me and grabbed my a*rse. I was really shocked and screamed at him to get off. He seemed to think it was funny. Eventually I filed a complaint against him (and so did 2 other women in the office that he was bothering as well) and he lost his job. I don't think he was laughing anymore when his salary dried up.
I know of a woman who is very short sighted - she is practically blind without her glasses. One day when she was out in a London nightclub, some guy came up to her, pulled her glasses off her face and ran off with it laughing. He seemed to think it was funny. She called the police and they arrested the man and put him in a police cell. I doubt if he continued laughing when they put him in the police cell.
I remember some years ago, when I was working in another office in London, some male colleague I used to work with came and stood behind me and was chatting with me and a female colleague. Then, all of a sudden, he grabbed my neck and started shaking me by the neck. He seemed to think it was funny but I was not amused. Even though he wasn't strangling me very hard, the mere shock of being strangled at all and having someone's hand round my throat made me scream at him very loudly. I was very displeased by his behaviour. I could have had him arrested and sacked that same night, although I didn't. He is very lucky I didn’t report him – but I was very displeased.

Do you remember that incident when Sir Alex Ferguson (Manager of Manchester United Football Club) was waiting for his taxi at Kings Cross Station in London and a man came up to him and punched him twice in the gonads. Sir Alex called the police and they arrested the man. When the case went to court, the man told the judge that he meant it as a joke when he punched Sir Alex. The judge told the man that it wasn’t funny for Sir Alex. The judge sentenced the man to 2 years imprisonment.
Anyway, my point is this - I hate it when people think it is ok to do bad things to me in the name of humour or as a joke. Have you had any experiences where someone has done something bad to you in the name of joking. How did you handle it? Did you let them get away with it - or did you report them and make sure they were punished?

(1) (Reply)

Is This True? / Solution To Nigeria's Problems??? / Fighting At Adeniji Adele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.