Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:52 PM

Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) (5581 Views)

Akpabio's Home Town One Of The Most Beautiful Place In Nigeria Pix / Dasuki: Changing Stance On Arms Deal, 2014 & 2015.. Pix Attached.. / Look At What I Found At My Gate:::::::::::::::::::::pix Attached:::::::::::::::: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Macteejay2(m): 9:53am On Mar 09, 2012
This is a mark of humility, An ordinary Councillor in Nigeria cannot carry his files.

Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Jakumo(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2012
No chit.  A Nigerian village politician would have been accompanied by three personal assistants, five armed security guards in dark sunglasses and ill-fitting suits, a spiritual adviser, several mistresses and wives, one aide carrying his bag, another carrying his coat, another herding away passers-by, yet another walking behind to elbow aside people trying to join the entourage, and finally, a delegation of the politician's inlaws and their extended families, all enormously fat and loud-voiced.

1 Like

Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Bawss1(m): 10:25am On Mar 09, 2012
^
lol @ spiritual adviser. grin grin grin
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Mar 09, 2012
Humility is a rare quality found in Africa especially Nigeria. It's only in Nigeria that people get drivers even when there's no need for such. They just want to act their pedigree.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by omo9ja1(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2012
well done good post

this little thing can make us active live healthy is a bit of exercise, not been bad most Nigeria are too fat and lazy
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by brainpulse: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2012
Every expat i had work with carry their own bags, books etc. We employ and waste scarce resource to get someone to do what we r suppose to do our self because of corruptn and pride
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Akwasi(m): 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2012
sign of maturity, you don't always show off!
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2012
a PLACE where the MEN OF god have security attachments?
We love to display a form of authority, a 'POST' or 'TITLE' smothers any feeling of humility,
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by GWslim(f): 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2012
I saw the head of IMF been shown on TV at the airport carrying her own luggage while the protocol offer carried is own too. But, our President will go with cook, washer-man etc to anywhere in the word.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by obi123: 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2012
Jakumo:

No chit.  A Nigerian village politician would have been accompanied by three personal assistants, five armed security guards in dark sunglasses and ill-fitting suits, a spiritual adviser, several mistresses and wives, one aide carrying his bag, another carrying his coat, another herding away passers-by, yet another walking behind to elbow aside people trying to join the entourage, and finally, a delegation of the politician's inlaws and their extended families, all enormously fat and loud-voiced.

your post made me laugh honestly, especially the person thats just there to elbow people aside and spiritual adviser. Nigerians are one of a kind
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Afam4eva(m): 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2012
I can't wait to move out of this country. Seeing the way the so-called "big men" behave is a complete turn off. You'll see big man in the way they talk, you'll see it inn their speech. if they used to talk very fast they'll slow down with ermm ermm in between just to show that they're rich. Africans are their own worst enemy i tell you.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by ifedun2: 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2012
What are you guys saying?When even the PAs and SAs have bag carriers.Humility in goverment can only be found in other climes.Its alien to us!
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by seunmi1(m): 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2012
of course yes, but they are few.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by akinnux(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2012
I am impressed with this lifestyle. This is a good example of a spartan and humble life. Keep it up Mr. President.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by achi4u(m): 12:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
hardship made us the way we are.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by misterh(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
Jakumo:

, You really had me lol_ing! Ur explaination is similar to when Nigeria 'stormed' the Commonwealth summit with more than 30 govt officials. Ur case also explains why we need more presidential jets. *still laffing hard*
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 09, 2012
Which kain question be this ?

Have you ever seen jonathan carrying a bag before ? What is the duty of the hundreds of special advisers and assistants they have ?
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by LongOne1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
Yeah, we suffer from misplaced priorities a lot in Nigeria.

Not wanting to sound racist, but I think it’s a ‘black’ thing. Despite the fact that we were colonised by the British who are conservative, it seems we copied America’s love of ‘excess’, i.e. big gas guzzling cars, big houses, e.t.c.
Unfortunately, it’s mostly the Blacks in America that overdo this ‘big’ lifestyle by being braggarts.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by martog: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2012
Even d wife of my pastor has a 'bag carrier',
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by r231(m): 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2012
^^^^True grin grin
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by blacksta(m): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
over jona's dead body - you want his fat fingers to fall off
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Jemibee: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
they hav so many fake docs to carry unlike their western counterparts!! All those maney laundering, stealing public funds proof, including their heavy weight bodies and big stomachs, what do u expect??
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Ejine(m): 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2012
The Imo guy Okorocha drives himself sometimes sha. Like I remember when he had a minor car clash with a white Primera, December last year. His daughter sustained minor chin injuries.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by KokoBeware: 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2012
Even for pastors to carry their bible from his front row seat to the altar na wahala,

1 Like

Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by gulfer: 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
Funny thread but a sad reflection of Nigeria's past, present and future. Even pastors that are supposed to be the most pious/spartan are now traveling with retinue of aid; some don't even carry their bible on their own again.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
This is one area where I have been quite critical of our leaders. It is only in this country where such "big man" mentality is so prevalent, and yet is taken as normal.

Just a reflection of our generally wasteful nature.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by PupetMasta(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2012
I was just thinking of this yesterday because my boss who is a Caucasian complained that I don't offer to carry her bags anytime we are in transit together. I was almost telling her to employ a maid if she wants a carrier. I don't blame her anyway, she has been in the system too long and she has seen that in Nigeria the bosses do not carry their luggage. Carry the maximum u can carry or get bags with wheels, that is my belief. The funniest thing is that the top dogs in HQ (located in the US), (be it African origin or pure American) carry their bags and will not allow you to carry it even when you offer to help anytime they come around, they have also warned that subordinates are not employed to carry bags for the bosses (Nigerian, American and others).
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by naptu2: 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2012
I think this nonsense increased after the first republic. I've got pictures of Zik, Balewa, Awo, etc carrying their bags. They also didn't have these crazy 25 car motorcades then.
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Carlmax(m): 3:14pm On Mar 09, 2012
Its our culture to help Elders, bosses e.t.c carry their luggages, If you p Have seen a farmer coming back from the farm with his family, you would understand what am saying,
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Carlmax(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2012
Just one of those things we need to flush out from our mentality,
Re: Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2012
He better carry the thing himself. With Iran flexing Muscle in the middle East.

The nuclear football (also known as the atomic football, the president's emergency satchel, the button, the black box, or just the football) is[b] a briefcase, the contents of which are to be used by the President of the United States of America to authorize a nuclear attack while away from fixed command centers[/b], such as the White House Situation Room. It functions as a mobile hub in the strategic defense system of the United States.

(1) (2) (Reply)

It's All Over! Atiku Hits Jackpot. Photo. / Eid Mubarak: Goodluck Jonathan Wishes All Muslims A Happy Sallah / Lt Gen Buratai In The Trenches With The Troops On Final Onslaught Against The T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.