Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? (7564 Views)

Which Company(ies) Takes Their Staffs Abroad For Training? / Which Company Presently Pay The Highest In Nigeria. / Which Company In Nigeria Treat Their Staff Badly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by JTFFTJ: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2012
Great people! Can anyone in the house urgently advise me candidly on which company is more preferrable working with between NLNG and TOTAL??

I await your response, pls.

Thank you.
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by tanimola22: 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2012
Working at what level? There are messengers, cleaners, sweepers, electricians, gate-men, accountants, engineers, lawyers, doctors, financial analysts, supply chain managers,---- ~≈∞ working for both companies. My uncle was even an electrician (a big man O) before his death two years ago.

You would therefore do well to specify the capacity or level.

May I congratulate you in advance, just in case you are one of the very exceptional exceptions that these oil companies run after. I mean, very many Nigerians would never refuse working for one of these coys you listed. Even some managers will be ready to let go their managerial roles to go take up entry level positions at Total grin. Getting offers from top oil companies like that is no joke, even if someone has a degree from Harvard or Yale (yes, quote me). Offers come by serious luck driven by the God factor.

Have you heard about the entry level 11milla/per annum matter? That is not funny, at all at all. At KPMG, for example, one would have to work for like 13-15 years before one even smells that salary level.

T22.
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by Muza(m): 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2012
tanimola22:

Working at what level? There are messengers, cleaners, sweepers, electricians, gate-men, accountants, engineers, lawyers, doctors, financial analysts, supply chain managers,---- ~≈∞ working for both companies. My uncle was even an electrician (a big man O) before his death two years ago.

You would therefore do well to specify the capacity or level.

May I congratulate you in advance, just in case you are one of the very exceptional exceptions that these oil companies run after. I mean, very many Nigerians would never refuse working for one of these coys you listed. Even some managers will be ready to let go their managerial roles to go take up entry level positions at Total grin. Getting offers from top oil companies like that is no joke, even if someone has a degree from Harvard or Yale (yes, quote me). Offers come by serious luck driven by the God factor.

Have you heard about the entry level 11milla/per annum matter? That is not funny, at all at all. At KPMG, for example, one would have to work for like 13-15 years before one even smells that salary level.

T22.

You uncle is a very big man, may his soul RIP.

There is no job better than a total job in this country, except to be a legislator, gov. . .etc
quote me anywhere
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by tanimola22: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
@Muza

Thanks.

He was really not doing badly while alive. In fact, he lived in one of the admirable estates at VI.

I for one will continue to pursue Total job until I get it, get old or become a billionaire through other means grin. Truly, there is no match to working for Total in Naija. Anybody who thinks otherwise should provide just an evidence, a strong one.

T22.
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by JTFFTJ: 10:07am On Mar 12, 2012
@ Tanimola22, may the soul of your uncle rest in peace!

The position I'm referring to is an experienced one; Instrument Supervisor/Engineer.

Salary-wise and per condition of service, kindly let me know which one is better.

I appreciate you all in advance!
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by tanimola22: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2012
@JTFFTJ Thanks. The man grew old before he died.

You were referring to experienced ke? Ye pa! Entry level gets 11Million per annum O. I would naturally guess that the pay of an experienced worker, an experienced engineer for that matter, would be much higher, at least 1.5 of the entry level pay. My friend who first hinted me on the entry level pay at Total is just an entry level junior engineer. Let's wait for experienced engineers at Total to come and blow our minds off.
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by JTFFTJ: 5:39pm On Mar 13, 2012
@ Tanimola22: Tnks once again!
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by HenryO49: 7:53am On Aug 20, 2012
hello, did you eventually get the job? which one did you go for?

i would think total is the better company - even though coming in as experienced, the pay may be higher or less in any one of the two companies - but total is the multinational, and you generally get broader experience there, including more opportunities to travel, visas are easier to get - especially for your family - if you are employed by a multinational etc.

for now, i'd prefer smthn without the "n" in the name if i had a choice.
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by cleric(m): 6:51am On Aug 21, 2012
Definitely total. Used to be NLNG more than a decade ago...but now total is better in terms of conditions of service and opportunities and in most cases salarries for jobs of same grade.
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by mtzion: 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
Nigeria LNG Limited, a world class company helping to build a better Nigeria seeks to engage suitable candidates for immediate Direct and Fixed-Term Contract Employment (Class teachers and Nurses only for an initial 5 year period with possible renewal) in the following positions.

Fine Art Teacher
Home Economics Teacher
Music Teacher
French Teacher
Mathematics Teacher
Class Teacher – Early Years
Class Teachers – Primary
Shift Nurse
Vendor Assessor
. Local Content Analysis
Senior Marine Supervisor

http://www.cvshore.com/jobs/job-vacancies-nigeria-lng-limited/
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by Jarus(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Total E&P, as far as I know, is the highest paying at entry level in Nigeria. NLNG is also not bad; in the region of 6-8m per annum at entry level.

Total Nigeria Plc, their downstream entity, however pay around 4m at entry level.
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by delbourg: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
For experienced level NLNG pays higher than Total
Re: Which Company Is Better, Nlng Or Total? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
please fellow nairalanders, is it possible for a paramedical to work in oil and gas coy?

(1) (Reply)

Can I Share My Idea With My Employer? / Mass Sack Of Abuja Investment Company Workers Looms / Abia Teachers Can’t Cash Cheques Issued By Govt For July Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.