Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? (3376 Views)

Can You Believe - Jamaicans Think Nigerians Are Long Distance Runners!!! / List Of World Footballers Of The Year And Runners-up Since 1956 / Yohan Blake Beats Usain Bolt In Jamaican 100M Olympic Trials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by Akolawole(m): 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2006
I try to look beyond winning major Sports Fiesta but i have not find answers yet to this.

Whether they are representing Reggealand or not they have proved it times without number that they are the best in short distant races.

British Linford Christie is one time World record holder but he is a Jamaican.

Nearly all black men running for all these Western World are Jamaican.

I beg, what is the reason for that success?

Re: What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by Priscila(f): 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2006
Thanks akolawole for that. I ve also observed it but I will only guess why Jamaicans are world motorbikes.

Fast, most of those sprinters are from family trees of athletes
Secondly, they intermarry e.g Veronica Campbell is married to a sprinter like herself not forgetting TorniqueWilliam -Darling and this Darling is also a sprinter.( so they will give birth to their equal blood)
Third, I guess they don't eat gari and fufu. I think they drink a lot of milk which provide calcium for their strong bones
Fourth Jamaicans are too flexible, look at the way they dance their music

By the way I ve always wondered why most black Americans like Justin Gatleen and Montgomery are too good for the world. And where on earth can someone just run like wind?
Re: What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by Zahymaka(m): 5:24pm On Mar 23, 2006
Have you seen Kenyans run [especially the marathons]? They grow up just doing it as a hobby [national pastime] so they're very good.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by Priscila(f): 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2006
@ Zahymaka
Those Kenyans are from a particular region with a tribe called Kalenjin. I hear they are born in the countryside in hilly areas and their schools are far so they run to and fro till they reach senior school. In that running without choice, they find themselves conquering the whole world. Another thing, those Kenyans feed on milk as their staple food and you know all that calcium, when the mother is pregnant and also feeding the offsprings. Those guys are born athletes and not made. Unfortunately Asian and European countries have signed up most of them taking our talent away. Look at that Saheen Shaheen from Qatar that guy in steeplechase he is the bomb and he was nurtured and trained in Kenya. But dont mind we still have there the famous Paul Tergat, Augustine Choge, Catherine Ndereba, Benjamin Limo , Wilfred Bungei, Ezekiel Kemboi and many more. Dont wonder why I know so many athletes from Kenya, I just watched olympics in 2004 and these people were in medal brackets and I was curious to know them.
Also dont forget Ethiopians like Kenenisa Bekele, Trinesh Dibaba , Haile Gebreselasie and this Moroccan Called El Gourouj. This guy got two gold medals in olympics. I really like athletics as it entertains me more.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by Akolawole(m): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2006
@Everyone

Thanks for your comments.

Lets leave Kenyans for now, Lets discuss my Jamaicans for now.

Priscila love, please launch the thread on Kenyas.
Re: What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by Priscila(f): 10:36am On Mar 24, 2006
@ akolawole
Thanks for reminding us. Its only that, if u are patriotic to this land, you should start with Africa as a continent before you cross to the carribeans. I love Jamaicans too but I was trying to tell you we ve got the talent in one of our own. I told you something about Jamaicans . its you alone who has brought up this athletics thing and I appreciate that at least someone has my interest at heart. Please! whether we discuss outside Jamaican athletes its still on running. Allow diversified ideas and you will come out with more than what you bargained for. We are learning, and am sure I ve educated everyone on why Kenya rocks in athletics. Akolawole! thank me for my research as I feel you are frustrating my efforts. Anyway thanks a million times for this subject
Re: What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by Akolawole(m): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2006
Thanks Priscy
Keep it up!
Re: What Is The Secret Of Jamaican Short-distance Runners? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2006
they take sprinting very serious in school and college competitions and i guess with so many ROLE MODELS MAKING clean cash n enjoying positive popularity around the world most of the younsters put more effort into it
the governement has recognise the positive reward therefore spend more
the athletes themselves dont shun their country they have several coaching sessions and clubs for their island cheesy

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Jose Mourinho To Be New Manager Of Manchester United / Pay After Win Games... / Watch Video Of Croatian Firefighters Before The Penalty Shootout Against Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.