Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc (7649 Views)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! Screen And Confirm Me Or Refund My Money.- Amaechi To AP / S-H-O-C-K-I-N-G!!! No Igboman On Buhari's Entourage To USA. / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by aljharem(m): 11:07pm On Mar 09, 2012
KANO (AFP) – Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram on Friday denied any involvement in the kidnapping of a Briton and Italian who were killed during a bid to rescue them in northwestern Sokoto city.

“We are not behind the hostage taking … which led to the military operation yesterday in Sokoto in which the hostages were killed,” said the group’s spokesman Abul Qaqa in a conference call with reporters.

“We have never been involved in hostage-taking and it’s not part of our style, and we never ask for ransom,” he said.

“We know how to settle our scores with anybody. Therefore the allegation that the kidnappers were members of our group is ridiculous.”

Nigeria’s government “had better get its facts straight and find the true identity of the kidnappers,” Qaqa added.

“They should not use us to mask their incompetence.”

The two expatriate workers were killed during a failed British-Nigerian military attempt to rescue them at a house in Nigeria’s far-northwestern city of Sokoto after nearly a year in captivity.

Britain said Italian engineer Francesco Molinara, 48, and his British colleague Chris McManus, 28, were shot by their captors before they could be rescued in the assault authorised by Prime Minister David Cameron.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan said the kidnappers were from the Islamist group Boko Haram, which has waged a violent campaign of gun and explosives attacks mainly in the country’s northeast.

Witnesses in Sokoto however cast doubt on Jonathan’s assertion that the kidnappers were from the Islamist group.

They described an intense gun battle that lasted several hours and in which at least two hostage-takers were killed in the operation.

Diplomats have said some Boko Haram members have sought training abroad, but there had not been evidence of operational links with foreign groups.

Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb has in recent years claimed kidnappings of foreign workers in countries including Niger, which borders Nigeria to the north, but never in Nigeria. Sokoto state borders Niger.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-n-e-w-s-boko-haram-deny-abducting-europeans-killed-failed-rescue-bid/
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2012
smh embarassed

they scared or what?
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Spiritmask: 1:51am On Mar 10, 2012
O
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by jmaine: 3:59am On Mar 10, 2012
They sure do know and are highly aware of the dangers of the drones . . . . Why are they so scared grin
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by okosodo: 6:30am On Mar 10, 2012
They know that the italian and british army will not deceive themselves like the nigerian army. They will kill at least 800 bh members every day
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by cashmentor(m): 6:38am On Mar 10, 2012
Foolish Joe, Big Headed Cameron, Stupid Boko Haram Cry Babies! I tought the FG had enough facts already to Nail these guys,
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Jakumo(m): 6:50am On Mar 10, 2012
These feverish denials are being offered simply because those cowardly Boko Haram fundamentalist terrorists are in fact VERY scared, because they know now that the gloves are off, and that they could be killed at any moment by highly trained British special forces, or by missiles fired from silent Predator drones overhead. The concern those little critters have is that they might NOT qualify to bone virgins in heaven if they are unceremoniously fragmented by missiles or men in black-face camo-paint.

Let the dogs of war be unleashed on those snivelling, virgin-seeking muffugis.   Light 'em up, and smoke 'em NOW !
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by emmke(m): 6:56am On Mar 10, 2012
kidnapping isn't the way of boko, but, well, those guys can do and undo.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Funkymallam(m): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2012
Well according to reports, the kidnapping was carried out by d faction led by Abu Mohammed and not the known faction lead by Ibrahim Shekau, which Qaqa is its spokes person.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Ejine(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2012
emmke:

yeah, if y'all are true to yourselves you will know that kidnapping isn't boko way.

Before the UN bombing, suicide bombing wasn't the "Boko Way" either. Infact, no-one ever believed a Nigerian could engage in such. . . Suicide bombing, that is.
You see, as people evolve, so do sects, malevolence, evil and insanity. You treat it with kid gloves, it consumes you. . . and everything in its path. There is no stopping it at this point.
Which brings me back to the issue. Could this message be from Boko Haram? I vehemently disagree. I think this is Arewa. I think this is Arewa trying to protect its asss. I believe the foreigners were infact killed by the sect; however, the denial comes from Arewa. They realize the implications of the deaths of the foreigners.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/658887_article-2112215-12162DE2000005DC-294_634x478_jpg260973203ae23815eabbf69ebc62d8bc[/img]

They realize. . . the North could very well be on its final lap in the sanity race, should British and Italian troops be sent in to "search for terrorists" on their soil.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by FindOut(m): 9:24am On Mar 10, 2012
'', said the group’s spokesman
Abul Qaqa in a conference call with
reporters.''

Just wondering, can't this conference CALL be used as a means of tracking the new(?) Abul Qaqa!!!
Nigerian Government, GET SERIOUS.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by jmoore(m): 9:27am On Mar 10, 2012
agents of satan all are all liars.!!!!!!! It was boko haram !!
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by EagleNest(m): 9:39am On Mar 10, 2012
Boko Haram should tell this tale (from moonlight) to 2yrs kids and not insult us.
Their cup is full of blood already. The Brits made the mistake of forcing peoples of different culture, language and belief together and after 50 years, it's all come back to haunt everyone. It's only 'English Language' that unites us (and not really all of us).
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 10, 2012
Arewa and boko haram are one and thesame.they know the implications of killing those foreigners but simply acted like their role models-alqada and other terrorist groups in the arab world who derive joy in killing europeans and americans.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by chipet(m): 9:45am On Mar 10, 2012
I thought this Boko Haram spokes man Abdul Qaqa had been arrested?
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by KINGwax(m): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2012
I think d boko haram guys shldnt be addressin only d nigerian feds to stop using them in maskin their incompetencies but also to d others nigerians that thinks the guys are sacred. Listen, i aint supportin them but hey, we all knw that terrorist groups own up to their actions cos it gives them pride and sends signals. If they did that, they'll own up. But hell no they didn't. If the italians and britons were so good why did it fail?
Track, kill and eliminate boko harams and stop blaming every sound of the silencer on them.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by 9jaIhail(m): 9:54am On Mar 10, 2012
Alhaji_Boko haram.You rushed and post this thread thinking Nairalanders are fools to buy your craps right? you better stop kidding your self,every1 here knows that you and your kins men boko haram knows you have stepped to the wrong foot,just wait and see when the drone start deserting kanuri. foolish boy
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by queensmith: 9:55am On Mar 10, 2012
lol- they do seem scared- the hostages had been held captive for a year? Which group had been claiming responsibility all the while? Someone should know?
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by noiseless: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2012
Nothing more and nothing less except that the likes of ALHJ_HAREM or NDU_CHUKS/BAKILA can make the denial statement with or without orders from the people they work for,bunch of cowards.
Ejiné:

Before the UN bombing, suicide bombing wasn't the "Boko Way" either. Infact, no-one ever believed a Nigerian could engage in such. . . Suicide bombing, that is.
You see, as people evolve, so do sects, malevolence, evil and insanity. You treat it with kid gloves, it consumes you. . . and everything in its path. There is no stopping it at this point.
Which brings me back to the issue. Could this message be from Boko Haram? I vehemently disagree. I think this is Arewa. I think this is Arewa trying to protect its asss. I believe the foreigners were infact killed by the sect; however, the denial comes from Arewa. They realize the implications of the deaths of the foreigners.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/658887_article-2112215-12162DE2000005DC-294_634x478_jpg260973203ae23815eabbf69ebc62d8bc[/img]

They realize. . . the North could very well be on its final lap in the sanity race, should British and Italian troops be sent in to "search for terrorists" on their soil.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by EdwinOse: 9:59am On Mar 10, 2012
Story , story , story.Chima they should tell that story to the marines.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by sayusuf(m): 9:59am On Mar 10, 2012
i thought niger delta peaple are the baba for kidnaping.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Nobody: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2012
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 10, 2012
THE FEAR OF THE DRONES IS THE BENING OF WISDOM.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by noiseless: 10:30am On Mar 10, 2012
[/b]Or very soon some hausa/fulani officers will go get some of their brothers and parade them as "christians" who were involved, without even giving some credible media firms the opportunity to interview them. They can even do the adamawa state governor's style, that the british and italian men are rival business men, as a result killed themselves, these hausa/fulani and their collaborators are so heartless that they don't even care to unleash anything against anyone in their quest to bury the truth in a hurry, we have seen even worst than this.[b]
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by jmaine: 10:50am On Mar 10, 2012
noiseless:

[/b]Or very soon some hausa/fulani officers will go get some of their brothers and parade them as "christians" who were involved, without even giving some credible media firms the opportunity to interview them. They can even do the adamawa state governor's style, that the british and italian men are rival business men, as a result killed themselves, these hausa/fulani and their collaborators are so heartless that they don't even care to unleash anything against anyone in their quest to bury the truth in a hurry, we have seen even worst than this.[b] 

Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by 9jaIhail(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2012
Quote from: 9ja_I_hail on Today at 09:54:58 AM
Alhaji_Boko haram.You rushed and post this thread thinking Nairalanders are fools to buy your craps right? you better stop kidding your self,every1 here knows that you and your kins men boko haram knows you have stepped to the wrong foot,just wait and see when the drone start deserting kanuri. foolish boy

Alj_Harem is a Yoruba man. He has even opened up on his identity not once, not twice. He was only trying to play the devil's advocate with that user name sometime back before he was caught and his true identity unmasked.

My dear Alj_haram is not a yoruba,i once thought he is a yoruba until i came across this thread below,you can check it out your self.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-745731.0.html
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by sunkoye: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2012
i knew it, these BH guys are Nigerians. they care scare to death of UK/Italians COMBO, but I would like to know how much enjoyment you get with the virgins you are promised when you're a pile of soybean hamburger from a 50 caliber dessert eagle cheesy
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by lafuria1(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2012
when boko haram claim responsibilty, they are telling the truth, but when they deny it, they are lying.
I learnt the kidnappers were captured, well less wait and see what info they get from them
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by noiseless: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2012
It doesn't even matter how many tribes he claims to be from anymore, the bottom line is that he is the worst coward in the highest order, we only know one thing and that is he is a SNIFFER PIG who hates or likes people depending on whether their ethnic group is a dominant muslim or dominant none muslim, if you happened to belong to a group with no significant muslim presence then your group is his bitter enemy, there are nothing more or less about him than this.
9ja_I_hail:

Quote from: 9ja_I_hail on Today at 09:54:58 AM

Alj_Harem is a Yoruba man. He has even opened up on his identity not once, not twice. He was only trying to play the devil's advocate with that user name sometime back before he was caught and his true identity unmasked.

My dear Alj_haram is not a yoruba,i once thought he is a yoruba until i came across this thread below,you can check it out your self.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-745731.0.html

Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by 9jaIhail(m): 11:50am On Mar 10, 2012
noiseless:

It doesn't even matter how many tribes he claims to be from anymore, the bottom line is that he is the worst coward in the highest order, we only know one thing and that is he is a SNIFFER PIG who hates or likes people depending on whether their ethnic group is a dominant muslim or dominant none muslim, if you happened to belong to a group with no significant muslim presence then your group is his bitter enemy, there are nothing more or less about him than this.

grin grin grin grin grin His duty is to create confusion between the yoruba's and other southerners.Ilaugh at those who have not understand his devilish strategies to create disunity among southerners
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by achi4u(m): 12:29pm On Mar 10, 2012
Hahaha!!!!,i thought Britain supported north during Biafran war.
now,the two friends will slug it out.

am waiting the film.
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s : Boko Haram Deny Abducting Europeans Killed Failed Resc by member479760: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2012
all the same credit to dem for denying them the cheap credit, they forget sey no bi Somalia b this one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos To Enforce Safety Compliance In Hotels / Shakar El Comes For Nigerians Without PVCs And Yet Talk Politics / Lagos Government To Upgrade Massey Children's Hospital, 56 Roads On The Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.