Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers (10221 Views)

See How Job Interviews Are Conducted In Africa And Foreign Countries (photo) / Yobe Attack: How Survivors Escaped Through The Window / 10-year-old Boy Escaped Ritual Killers In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 10, 2012
Ritualists on the prowl in Badagry!
Says Pleading blood of Jesus sprang miracles

By OLA AJAYI, IBADAN
WHEN Jairus Ogbu Eluwa saw an advertisement on television that there were vacancies at a hotel on Ikotun Egbe road, he thought the nightmarish trauma of joblessness since he graduated in 2004 from the University of Ado Ekiti was over.

Though no address was given by the advertisers, his quest to put the sad memories of his long years of endless search for job behind him did not make him have a rethink that the advert for vacancy may have been laced with evil intent since there was no concrete address

As he watched the commercials on the television on October 14 last year, he did not want to take chances to avoid being beaten to it by other job seekers.

*Jairus Ogbu Eluwa
According to him, the advertisers said the employers were waiting for all interested applicants at the hotel (name withheld) along Ikotun Egbe Road where they would direct them to the company where their services were needed.

Jairus, 32, who hails from Obi Local Government area of Benue State is happy today. Even though, he still remains unemployed, he is alive to tell the story of his miraculous escape from those he described as ritualists.

He was so thankful to God that he had to go his church, Winners Assembly, Oluseyi, to give testimony and warned other church members who are job seekers to be careful not to fall into the dangerous web of ritualists who are now on the prowl.

As he gave his testimony, other members of the church were overwhelmed by shock and disbelief even as they expressed gratitude to God for making a way of escape for their beloved and devout member.

In search for job

Narrating his ordeal Jairus said, “ I am 32 years old. Precisely, I was born on January 6, 1979 and I graduated from University of Ado Ekiti in 2004. I read Business Administration. Since then, I have been searching for job.

At a time, I was employed at a recreation centre at Ile-Oluji in Oke-Igbo area of Ondo State as a Sports Manager in charge of Swimming Pool, lawn tennis and squash. On October, 14, 2011, I was at Ewekoro Cement Company when I watched a commercial on the television that a particular hotel was looking for eligible applicants for a manager and a supervisor.

But they did not give any address. They only used a hotel to describe the company. They said anyone interested in the job should come to Ikotun Egbe. The following day, I went there and I saw the hotel which they used as description.

At Badagry

“When I got to the hotel, four men who were in black suits were standing by a car. And they asked me to board the car so that they would take me to the company. I did not suspect anything. They drove me to Badagry. They stopped the car and we used a boat for sometime and then we entered into one expansive compound.

Demand for sex

When I was waiting for an interview, which of course, never came, , one hefty man in red panties came to me with other men standing around me and announced to my surprise that I should remove my underwear so that he would have sex with me.

I thought I did not hear him well . And asked again ; but he repeated himself. I then lied to them that I would come back the following day but they refused and said I had to do it now. It was then I knew I was in trouble. Being a Christian, I said I refused that in Jesus’ name.

Then, others who surrounded me came closer, ordering me to obey his commands. I then stood up and started pleading the blood of Jesus. They took my bag and removed all the Redeemed Church stickers I pasted on it. I was retreating but they encircled me and threatened to kill me if I did not obey. They started slapping me but I kept on pleading the blood of Jesus.

“For reasons I did not know, then they stopped beating me and kept on looking at me. It was then I ran outside and my bag was thrown to me. Since I know how to swim, I jumped into the river and began to swim. I had strapped my bag to my back. I then saw a church by the river. I sat beside the church for several hours. That was where I passed the night.”

According to him, he could not sleep and when the members of the church came, instead of joining them, he moved far away as he did not know the kind of people they were. “The following day, I started begging people to help me.

After some time, someone helped me into his car and he told me that it was God that saved me; that many people who crossed to that side never came back. That is how they always do. And they are never caught. I then boarded a bus going to Ikeja and from there to Ibadan,” he narrated.

Asked why he did not tell any security agent, he said he could not because he would not be able to locate the place again if any security agent or the police request that he leads them to the place.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/chilling-tale-of-how-job-seeker-escaped-ritual-killers/
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by morzook(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2012
He needs a psych-eval,
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Zazu04: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2012
What is THIS!!!
There's more to every story!
http:///6oy4km5
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by showbobo(m): 11:15am On Mar 10, 2012
And im i supposed to believe this
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Zazu04: 11:15am On Mar 10, 2012
What is THIS!!!
There's more to every story!
http:///6oy4km5
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Zazu04: 11:18am On Mar 10, 2012
What is THIS!!!
www./xentgf
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Finland(m): 11:35am On Mar 10, 2012
rafhell:

“When I got to the hotel, four men who were in black suits were standing by a car. And they asked me to board the car so that they would take me to the company. I did not suspect anything. They drove me to Badagry. They stopped the car and we used a boat for sometime and then we entered into one expansive compound.

Ridiculous! and you board a boat with them in the name of looking for a job? are u new in Lagos? the story is untrue jor!
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Nwogbe: 11:44am On Mar 10, 2012
It looks as if some important part of this tale is missing. GO AND PUT ALL THE PIECES TOGETHER & COME AGAIN.
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by SamMilla1(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2012
Yea, with redeem sticker pasted in your bag. That was how you got saved. You jumped out of the house, then swam like michael phelps to safety but couldnt locate where you started your butterfly strokes. Gather a few ten year olds and tell them your story. We dont believe you and i am talking for every member of this forum.
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by executinal(m): 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2012
You just escaped like that grin grin grin grin
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Vansnickers: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2012
What is wrong with the People here??!!!!
Some People think and talk like Lunatics. SMH
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by KINGwax(m): 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2012
Sam Milla:

Yea, with redeem sticker pasted in your bag. That was how you got saved. You jumped out of the house, then swam like michael phelps to safety but couldnt locate where you started your butterfly strokes. Gather a few ten year olds and tell them your story. We dont believe you and i am talking for every member of this forum.
halt there motherfucka don't talk for me! aight?
So, story dude, clean up that mess. I think moderators are fuckin it all up now. Shey make we occupy nairaland ni?
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by snowdrops(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2012
Guys keep being douting thomases until you fall victim to such an unfortunate incident. You guys talk as if this is not Nigeria where everything and anything is possible. Some people are very desperate and would go to any lenght to get power/wealth.
I do not see any tangible reason why the person would cook up such a story.
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by highland(m): 1:00pm On Mar 10, 2012
snowdrops:

Guys keep being douting thomases until you fall victim to such an unfortunate incident. You guys talk as if this is not Nigeria where everything and anything is possible. Some people are very desperate and would go to any lenght to get power/wealth.
I do not see any tangible reason why the person would cook up such a story.

Na so o
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by snowdrops(m): 1:02pm On Mar 10, 2012
how u mean na so?
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Heck: 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2012
an unemployable graduate from Ado Nkita Varsity. Shld have studied swimming emergency technology. Bunkom
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by snowdrops(m): 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2012
Heck:

an unemployable graduate from Ado Nkita Varsity. Shld have studied swimming emergency technology. Bunkom
point being?
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by stepone(m): 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2012
rafhell:

Ritualists on the prowl in Badagry!
Says Pleading blood of Jesus sprang miracles

Then, others who surrounded me came closer, ordering me to obey his commands. I then stood up and started pleading the blood of Jesus. They took my bag and  removed all the Redeemed Church stickers I pasted on it. I was retreating but they encircled me and threatened to kill me if I did not obey. They started slapping me but I kept on pleading the blood of Jesus.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/chilling-tale-of-how-job-seeker-escaped-ritual-killers/

He want us to know that being a Redeemer, u will be save, Please stop this Unholy Advert. God help us
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by velo10: 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2012
Why would anyone get on a boat trip to nowhere in the name of job search? Thank God for his life. People beware.

1 Like

Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Vansnickers: 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
stepone:

He want us to know that being a Redeemer, u will be save, Please stop this Unholy Advert. God help us

Can't you read??!!!!
rafhell:

He was so thankful to God that he had to go his church, Winners Assembly, Oluseyi, to give testimony and warned other church members who are job seekers to be careful not to fall into the dangerous web of ritualists who are now on the
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Tropilo(m): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2012
Its not that der aint ritualists on d prowl but oga Jairus ur story sounds like a ruse. It does not add up, at all!
If it happened and u do not report to d authorities dn u are helping such non-sense flourish. If u can not locate d place at least u can start tracing from one point. D church u hid for hours (not minutes o) will still be der. Also someone told u that people who cross over der dont return, u should have something to tell d authorities then leave d job to dm to do.
Such a story was told sometime ago in Abuja and d police sent a team to investigate and arrest d culprits. It turn out to be a lie!
Some people will hv night mares that look so real to dm and they go to church to disturb peoples ears with silly "testimonies" (atimes some of dm are just tasty-4-money). Jairus, pls if u r looking for work ask ur pastor to help u. U hear!
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by sammirano: 4:21pm On Mar 10, 2012
the story is somehow, from a lot of perspective just imagine why not winners sticker but redeemed stickers.
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 10, 2012
Heck:

an unemployable graduate from[b] Ado Nkita Varsity[/b]. Shld have studied swimming emergency technology. Bunkom

Seriously? You should be strung to a pole naked in the hot sun with your eyes gouged out and ur tongue cut out!
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Idango(m): 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2012
There is nothing wrong with this story. Whether u believe this story or not, there are ritualists all over us. They use different styles and tactics. I pray any of you don't fall victim especially those who use public transportation, they will load their buses from oshodi or wherever and spinkle something on the unsuspecting passengers, they are hypnotised and they take them far into the forest, or their shrines where they are slaughtered. Hundgreds of people miss daily, it's because we don't have records.

What saved the guy is that he pleaded the blood of Jesus, not because of the stickers and mind you, u can only call the name of Jesus at time like that when you already have a relationship with him. If you have not establish this relationship i pity you.
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Idango(m): 7:48pm On Mar 10, 2012
Again, it is the guy you should blame for not puting the story together well, the newspaper that reported it are expected to close all the gaps by asking the guy completely even if the story was not complete during his testimony. I blame the reporter and not Jairus.
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Raxxye(m): 8:03pm On Mar 10, 2012
Story, story, !!!
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by studyineu: 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2012
I don't blame you, a man of 32 and still unemployed can do anything just to get a job, he taught his miracle is there since he saw the 4 men on suit maybe he taught they are SSS and would secure him but to the extent of crossing a river even a 5yr old child would smell foul play
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2012
See what unemployment is causing.

This fraudster wants the connected people in his church to offer him employment so he came up with this kindergarten testimony.

Nigeria! Fake pastors! Fake congregation!
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by yuzedo: 9:58pm On Mar 10, 2012
Nairaland!!!!!!! grin grin grin Y'all are just damn hilarious!
Re: Chilling Tale Of How Job Seeker Escaped Ritual Killers by marcus1234: 8:17am On Mar 11, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOCKING PHOTOS: Mermaid Washedashore On A Beach In Africa / Please I Would Like To Know Who Is The Hottest Guy On Nairaland / How Can I Send Articles On General Topics To National Newspapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.