Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria (8531 Views)

Biafra ; Protesters Are Marching To British Embassy In Abuja. PICTURES. / GEJ Writes Letter To OBJ Seeks His Support - Cramjones / Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by mukina2: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2012
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

PRESIDENT JONATHAN WRITES BRITISH, ITALIAN PRIME MINISTERS ON KILLING OF THEIR CITIZENS IN NIGERIA

Further to his statement last Thursday condemning the unfortunate killing of Chris McManus, a British citizen and Franco Lamorina, an Italian, by their Boko Haram captors in Sokoto State, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, yesterday, formally commiserated with the families, people and governments of both Europeans.

In two separate letters of condolence to David Cameron and Mario Monti, the Prime Ministers of Britain and Italy respectively which were delivered through diplomatic channels, President Jonathan said that the hearts of the people and government of Nigeria go out to the members of the immediate families of the victims in their moment of grief, while praying that “Almighty God imbues them with the fortitude to cope with this painful tragedy.”

President Jonathan also assured the leaders of both countries that “the Nigerian Government remains resolutely committed to facing up squarely to the challenge of terrorism on our shores and in the international community.”

While describing as “invaluable” the cooperation the Nigerian Government had enjoyed from both Prime Ministers in the fight against terrorism in the country, the President expressed the belief that as “we join forces with the rest of the world in frontally confronting the menace of terrorism in all ramifications,” the special relations and strong ties that exist among the three nations “can only grow deeper and stronger.”

REUBEN ABATI

Special Adviser to the President

( Media & Publicity)

March 10, 2012

https://www.facebook.com/notes/build-up-nigeria/state-house-press-release-president-jonathan-writes-british-italian-prime-minist/366447350045493
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by stolenstone: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2012
chanting: Jona! Jona!! Jona!!! Jona!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2012
Rip
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by 27naira(m): 3:54pm On Mar 10, 2012
Na em way.

umbralla should release the "vocal" version of the condolence message

cheesy
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by queensmith: 4:01pm On Mar 10, 2012
I hope everybody that loses a relative to these terrorists gets a special letter from the president. I hope so, it will be sad indeed if it took the death of 2 europeans at the hands of these militants for the Nigerian Government to decide to clean up. It will be very sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by akinmax: 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2012
Where is that Sanusi Boko Haram Big Brother, let him ensure he compensate these people family.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by koruji(m): 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2012
Exactly. There is no doubt that this was a good move.

The issue is why Nigerian leaders consistently treat their citizens worse than foreigners.

This is the same president that presided over the killings of 19 peaceful protesters over fuel subsidy without a peep heard about writing condolence letters or punishing trigger-happy policemen.

queensmith:

I hope everybody that loses a relative to these terrorists gets a special letter from the president. I hope so, it will be sad indeed if it took the death of 2 europeans at the hands of these militants for the Nigerian Government to decide to clean up. It will be very sad indeed.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by moderattor: 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2012
if u have nothing to criticise
shut up!
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by Ayoobscom(m): 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2012
@akinmax your statement reads illogical maybe was unstable while you were writing it

reboot and retry, pelake some maybe also take some antibiotics
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by heynew: 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2012
Instead of reacting to the unlawful invasion of our territory,cartons of gala are being sent to Rome and London sad
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by Bisjosh(f): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by josites(m): 5:56pm On Mar 10, 2012
What are you waiting for? Deal with this idiots. What has their governor said on this? British and italian govt shouldnt take it likely. Our military has shown incompetency. How many of them are computer literates. The northern governors and elders should explain their relationship with boko. Why didnt they call isreali intelligence. Anyway, it is left for the italian and british govt to decide the northern fate

1 Like

Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2012
koruji:

Exactly. There is no doubt that this was a good move.

The issue is why Nigerian leaders consistently treat their citizens worse than foreigners.

This is the same president that presided over the killings of 19 peaceful protesters over fuel subsidy without a peep heard about writing condolence letters or punishing trigger-happy policemen.

Very good observation.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by nairawall: 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2012
Boko Haram still invincible to GEJ and the Nigeria security system.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by xterra2(m): 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2012
queensmith:

exactly!!
my thoughts too
gej doesnt care about his fellow citizens whne they are killed but some 2 useless oyinbos n gej mours,he comiserates blah blah
loooooool
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by mufc009(m): 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
Our clueless presido did not write a letter to the innocent nigeria that lost there life during the january protest abi foreigner superior us ni
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by sammirano: 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2012
GEJ cannot be cured of his awkwardness.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by marcus1234: 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2012
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by JayCee2010: 6:44pm On Mar 10, 2012
The problem with Nigeria is that we don't value human life (at least the life of a fellow nigerian)!!!

Scores of innocent Nigerians die everyday in the hands of boko Haram, nobody is concerned, but let two whites die, and Jonathan is prostrating like a slave to the international community.

Jonathans government has failed nigeria in every way imaginable. 0/10!!!

He should just squander the rest of his tenure and get lost! Smh

He can't clamp down on corruption ( senaators are spending over a billion of public funds for cool toys) he can't give power, water, can't improve health care or education, so whaat is he actually doing

1 Like

Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by chimuchi(f): 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2012
[size=28pt]this became very necessary[/size]
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by moshoodn(m): 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
@naija, we value life.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by onyewec3: 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2012
heynew:

Instead of reacting to the unlawful invasion of our territory,cartons of gala are being sent to Rome and London sad
heynew:

What a silly comment! If I may ask, are u a learned person? Or u just use ur computer and type rubbush on forums, what made the invasion unlawful? Aren't u aware that both the Nigerian security operatives and that of the british were both involved. How is it unlawful? I have seen that 75% of pple who criticize GEJ are not in anyway beta than him and u jst showed ur are one of the 75%, rubbish

1 Like

Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by Johnsinia(m): 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2012
I am a fan of Gef bt i tink he's too soft 4 ma liking,who is boko haram if obj is in d throne? he 4 don finish dem throw way.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by member479760: 8:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
Good for dem, afterall they are the root of the problem, they told us they are born to rule, they gave the secrete cover, they fake the population in their favor and told dem they they are the owner of nigeria.
Buko H continue choping their head, dont negotiate with the oppressors.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by flexdee(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2012
I think Gej was right on point by writing to both countries Pm, but come to think of it, here is a man who doesn't give a hoot about his own citizen.
He should have written to the British & Italian pms that Terrorist are everywhere and they need to accept the killing.

Retardeen and his thrash, abegi me don tire to dey here the man tory sef.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by MyVicky: 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2012
I don't see anything wrong in what GEJ has done; it's expected that he sends such letter to the respective countries! He did the same to the families of the victims of BH atrocities in Nigeria. In my humble opinion, GEJ should just forestall the future occurrence of such odious incident by strategically tackling the BH menace once and for all. I believe the govt knows what to do but either lack the will power to do it or just don't want to do it because of the people involved.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by Leemak: 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2012
GEJ is very silly & stupid, how can a president b apologising like a child? Does he know how many nigerians are dieing abroad everyday mostly caused by these western world especially europe? Eh my people let me tell u d fact we dont have a capable president, what we have on ground is a morafucker figure head parading himself to b d presido.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by martinosi: 9:46pm On Mar 10, 2012
This is a fraud and so is kony2012 is a fraud,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DO73Ese25Y[/flash]
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 10:11pm On Mar 10, 2012
Condolences to David Cameron and MariA Monti? Is this because these two countries decided instead to take full responsibility for the debacle given that they are well aware of the Nigerian government's lack of ability to even protect it's own people, in addition to Jonathan Goodlucks immediate attempts to blame it all on Boko Haram rather than take responsibility for the failure on the side of the Nigerian police t o secure the freedom of the hostages?
Sorry, Mr President, but I believe David Cameron, by taking full responsibility for the failure, and Italy choosing to question the UK for proceeding with the rescue without alerting the Italian ministry, means both countries have no respect or trust for you as a leader. They seem to have already written Nigeria off  . . .  Rome does not think it important at all to consider the part played by Nigeria in this at all. I don't see what sending them a letter will do to our already damaged image here.  Worse, since you are still incapable of taking full responsibility for the current failures in the country, I see no reason why you would choose to write letters on behalf of the Nation you continue to ignore.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 10, 2012
In 2005 A Nigeria by Olamide Adeyooye was murdered by an american in the USA
In 2007 Nigerian born Boxer James Oyebola was shot and killed in the UK
In 2008 Nigerian Goalkeeper Sam Okoye died in Iraq
Nigerian Boxer Vincent Ekeoba Moses Murdered in Las Vegas
Nigerian, Chief Clement Oluremi Awojoodu Murdered in London
2 Year-old Nigerian Toddler, Tsahai Obiekwe Murdered in So. Africa
Ten year-old Damilola Taylor was stabbed on the leg in 2000 as he returned home from school, an injury which resulted in loss of blood and his subsequent death.
Osamuyia Aikpitanhi - Nigerian Dies on Deportation Flight from Spain
A U.N. Peacekeeper from Nigeria was Shot to Death in Haiti
Egyptian Cops Kill Nigerian at Israel Border
Ex super eagle Uche Okafor Was Murdered in the USA

i can go and on and on,    my question is, How many presidents of these country ever apologized for the deaths. GEJ is a Puppet president.
Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by akinmax: 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2012
akinmax:

[color=#000099]Where is that Sanusi Boko Haram Big Brother, let him ensure he compensate these people family.

Ayoobscom link=topic=890965.msg10371323#msg10371323 date=1331395694:

@akinmax your statement reads illogical maybe was unstable while you were writing it

reboot and retry, pelake some maybe also take some antibiotics

Just thinking aloud, where is Sanusi Lamido-Boko Haram Chairman ?.He should also compensate the family of the two foreigner.since he has  a new responsiblity of doling out public fund.[/color]

Re: Gej Writes To British & Italian Pms On Killing Of Their Citizens In Nigeria by heynew: 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
onyewec3:

What a silly comment! If I may ask, are u a learned person? Or u just use ur computer and type rubbush on forums, what made the invasion unlawful? Aren't u aware that both the Nigerian security operatives and that of the  british were both involved. How is it unlawful? I have seen that 75% of pple who criticize GEJ are not in anyway beta than him and u jst showed ur are one of the 75%, rubbish

@onyewec3, am not attacking the president, am only concerned on how our system works, and if you are among those Nigerians that believe that cover up statement by Cameron that Nigerian forces and British special forces carry out a covert mission of such sensitive level 2gether then you need to wake up, is like saying that us navy seal and Pakistani forces carried out the operation that killed bin laden or us seal and Somalian soldiers carry out rescue operation.

Note that if the mission was successful they will never, i repeat never share the glory with Nigeria, instead what you would have seen on sky news is:

Our special forces this evening successfully rescued two hostages held by Nigeria terrorist group at the volatile northern part of the country after authorization from the prime minister

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Bombs Uncovered At Bayero University , Kano / Reports that I Am Under Pressure To Drop My Deputy A Blatant Lie– Adamawa Gov / It Is Difficult For A Terrorist To Survive In Nigeria - CDS, Christopher Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.