Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng (2104 Views)

Smartwebng Is Crippling Our Businesses / Smartwebng.com - Can Anyone Help Explain? / What Is Wrong With Smartwebng.com? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by mashnino(m): 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2011
JUST LAST WEEK I STARTED OFF MY SITE WITH SMARTWEBNG. MY WEBSITE WAS LOADING VERY FASR AND I WAS HAPY, JUST THIS EVENING I VE BIN TRYING TO OPEN MY SITE IT'S NOT OPENENIN, I TRIED MY CPANEL SAME THING I TRY'D MY FTP COULDN'T CONNECT,

WAT DO I DO NW, AND ITS A 1 YEAR PLAN OO

I CONTATCTED THEM BOTH ON PHONE AND E-MAIL NO RESPONSE ON THE E-MAIL AND THE GUY THAT RESPONDS IN THE PHONE KIPS TELLIN ME TO GIVE HIM FEW MINUTES, AND THE SITE IS JUST COMIN UP,,HOW AM I GONNA MANEUVER DIS THING NOW, I AM SO CONFUSED RYT NW
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by yawatide(f): 3:42am On Jul 19, 2011
This smartweb company has come up more than a few times on this forum. I think EFCC should get involved.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by DualCore1: 7:11am On Jul 19, 2011
Its possible your IP may have been blocked by their firewall (if they have one).
Check your domain here www.testsitefor.me and let me know what you get.

I don't think you should expect great support from a host firm with so much bad reviews.
You got what you paid for, no pity.

As for smartwebng, if you guys are having a hard time getting out of the mud. . . you may file for an acquisition rather than cause more people pain.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by Afam4eva(m): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2011
There's been many complaint about smartwebng in the recent past. Like Yawa said "EFCC should come in".
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by DualCore1: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2011
Machino I have seen your reply although it was grabbed by the antispam bot.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=669480;sa=showPosts

Its not a firewall thing then, your domain is globally dead.
Quite a shame.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by schneid: 11:51am On Jul 19, 2011
Since yesterday afternoon all my clients sites have been down. I just put a call through to smarweb now. They recently upgraded their server and just finished installing the firewall settings this MORNING. Lets see what happens by the end of today. I just hope its not gong to be bad as it was late last year/early this year. keeping my fingers crossed!

@DUO I share in your thought. I think its high time i considerered other options.

Maybe we should have a list of RELIABLE NGERIAN WebHosting Company HERE. Of course suggested by the GURUS (DUAL CORE, YAWA, LOJIK, DHTML, ETC) here so that the NEWBIES will not fall into similar situation.

Thanks
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by mashnino(m): 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2011
schneid:

Since yesterday afternoon all my clients sites have been down. I just put a call through to smarweb now. They recently upgraded their server and just finished installing the firewall settings this MORNING. Lets see what happens by the end of today. I just hope its not gong to be bad as it was late last year/early this year. keeping my fingers crossed!

@DUO I share in your thought. I think its high time i considerered other options.

Maybe we should have a list of RELIABLE NGERIAN WebHosting Company HERE. Of course suggested by the GURUS (DUAL CORE, YAWA, LOJIK, DHTML, ETC) here so that the NEWBIES will not fall into similar situation.

Thanks

DAT WAS D SAME THING HE TOLD ME, HE SAID THE FIREWALL BLOCKED SO MANY NIGERIAN IPs SO THEY ARE STILL ENABLING THEM, I JUST HOPE THEY KNOW WAT DYE ARE DOING, I AM CONSIDERING OF MOVING TO SYSKAY OR TRUDIGITS,

PLZ HOW CAN I TRANSFER MY SITE AND DOMAIN NAME WITHOUT ANY HARM.??
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by DualCore1: 1:26pm On Jul 19, 2011
mashnino:

DAT WAS D SAME THING HE TOLD ME, HE SAID THE FIREWALL BLOCKED SO MANY NIGERIAN IPs SO THEY ARE STILL ENABLING THEM, I JUST HOPE THEY KNOW WAT DYE ARE DOING, I AM CONSIDERING OF MOVING TO SYSKAY OR TRUDIGITS,

PLZ HOW CAN I TRANSFER MY SITE AND DOMAIN NAME WITHOUT ANY HARM.??
Sadly you have your domain registered with the same host so it may be a problem getting it outta their hands. If you are to change host the best thing you can do for now is have them change your nameservers to point to your new host.
Note that you cannot transfer a domain to another registrar withing 60 days of its registration, ICANN policy.

This is NOT an issue of a firewall blocking Nigerian IPs, that box is dead globally. I have pinged it from several locations. Its dead.

You cannot have your site's transferred to any other host until that server comes up. You can only have your sites hosted somewhere else and that means loosing all data to start afresh.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by epapa(m): 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2011
The issue of smartweb is common knowledge. Before going into any transaction with any company try and find out from others what they know about such companies. If you had asked for advice with getting a good host, I am sure the experts we have on this forum will have helped you out. Concerning the list of reliable host, there was once a post about that but it was made sticky hence people still fall into this trap. If you ever run into challenges of choice always ask for expert opinion. As regarding web issues, you have dual core, dhtml, yawa-ti-de and a whole lot of others whom you can ask questions. I think syskay is the best. I have been using them and my website has never been down without notice and usually for few hours. Happened just twice over the past two years. Trudigits should be good because I know the owner is a popular forumite and has his reputation at stake.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by DualCore1: 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2011
LoL, the TruDigits matter. . . long story. 3 years and counting and no downtimes, not even planned. I admin all the servers and now have more of US, UK, france, germany and portugal on my clientbase so my tech support has to be wicked because they know I am Nigerian and some clients are just walking time bombs ready to explode if any server goes down. Nigerian clients don't have wahala at all if its for hosting. Yankee clients will ping death out of my servers to ensure the latency is as good as it was when they first signed up. All Nigerians are concerned about is their site's coming up. . . the yankee dude is concerned about a lot more.

As you may notice, prices on my sites are now in dollars (trudigits.com and sisvps.com). I don't really have the Nigerian audience as a target to please anymore, I have cleared all there is to be cleared with regards to the hosting standards of  an average Nigerian. Aiming to put sisvps.com as a "Nigerian thing that works internationally". It will boost our records, brother. . . by "our" I mean you and I as Nigerians.  grin Make we try clean some of the international mess wey nairahost and co put us inside.

I have to say though, all this is possible because I colocated my servers in the best datacenter in Europe who have treated me with equal rights despite coming from a red alert country.

Thanks to slyrox too who just loves to do the annoying thing of rattling my server knobs. His actions just make me take up tighter security policies and it keeps getting tighter cheesy.

Bottomline: whether you choose syskay or trudigits, just get the best out of your hosting  grin
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2011
trudigits is working out very fine - with slyr0x and *dhtml and yankees. . . .
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by epapa(m): 12:21am On Jul 20, 2011
@poster
you see what i mean. you've got experts here. no reason to fall into things like that just ask. In the mean time you will have to wait for 60 days from your sign up date to begin the process of tranferring your site.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by mashnino(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
hey guys thank you for all the advice, @dual core, i 'll start counting my 60days, trudigits, i am on my way, thanks guys, and the website is now up and running, i just hope they don 't crash it dwon again
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by mashnino(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2011
hey guys thank you for all the advice, @dual core, i 'll start counting my 60days, trudigits, i am on my way, thanks guys, and the website is now up and running, i just hope they don 't crash it dwon again
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by Johnwater: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2011
Hi Guys

I read your comment and am so worried about your pains. but why not give this hosting company a try.

www.ihostafrica.com

Cheers

Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by ibtihaj(m): 12:40am On Aug 13, 2011
Hello,

mashnino:

JUST LAST WEEK I STARTED OFF MY SITE WITH SMARTWEBNG. MY WEBSITE WAS LOADING VERY FASR AND I WAS HAPY, JUST THIS EVENING I VE BIN TRYING TO OPEN MY SITE IT'S NOT OPENENIN, I TRIED MY CPANEL SAME THING I TRY'D MY FTP COULDN'T CONNECT,

WAT DO I DO NW, AND ITS A 1 YEAR PLAN OO

I CONTATCTED THEM BOTH ON PHONE AND E-MAIL NO RESPONSE ON THE E-MAIL AND THE GUY THAT RESPONDS IN THE PHONE KIPS TELLIN ME TO GIVE HIM FEW MINUTES, AND THE SITE IS JUST COMIN UP,,HOW AM I GONNA MANEUVER DIS THING NOW, I AM SO CONFUSED RYT NW

Am sorry that you have that issue but you need to know that the server is not down but your ip was block i think you should get an email regarding ip issue that we send to all our clients.
But if you are still having issues let me know your website please

yawa-ti-de:

This smartweb company has come up more than a few times on this forum.  I think EFCC should get involved.

Yes we know we have a lots of issues during January and February and we have already fix the issue since then but people keep blackmailing smartweb doing this doing that, just because we can not post on this forum saying something like we loose our posting privilege by bolt or something i can recall, am not sure if this reply will last long here.

Some people that post this yes we know the did it out of anger and prostration during the downtime and we respect their views, while some are using the opportunity to blackmail smartweb to divert our customers to their host, you need to know that we are still strong and increasing customer base every blessing day.

If you are hosting with smartweb and still you have downtime please reply this post and give us your domain name.
Thanks you
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by DualCore1: 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2011
Ibthar, although your post was blocked. Via a mobile browser I could see it and the defence you gave in response to my post above.
Just so we are clear, look at the result below that I did now. . . under the same test conditions.

=====
Ping 50.28.8.62
[host5.smartwebng.com]
Round trip time to 50.28.8.62: 25 ms
Timed out
Timed out
Timed out
Average time over 10 pings: 17.5 ms
========

The server was dead flat, not a telnet block. Its interesting to also note the change in the hostname so this means work was most likely done on that server and that's why it is back up.

Weldone, nothing wrong in admitting a server fault. . . its not your fault. They are machines.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by rovders: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2011
I would advise people to be careful before choosing a webhost. I recommend getting a good foreighn host host like bluehost, inmotion or hostgator.
You can look at this post for more information: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735188.0.html
There are so many really good hosts that have been tested and trusted, I wonder why people still take the risk of hosting with these hosts that are just spring up everywhere.
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by Slyr0x: 6:13am On Aug 15, 2011
I believe there's an iota of truth in every "supposed" lie.

I've seen the name "smartwebng" pop out every now & then wv this "Pls help me! SmartWebng wants to ruin me" tag and that aint good enough.

Like DC pointed out, having svr problems every now & then aint the issue here but the customer support given.

You should be able to re-assure them & give 'em that utmost support. Tell them its gon be fine . . .They don't need all those "technical jargons".
Explain to them in plain english!
Re: I Am In Pains Hosting My Site With Smartwebng by Johnwater: 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2011
@dual core visit www.ihostafrica.com nad give it a trial.

The re-birth is so strong and the spirit is so high.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Accredited Domain Registrars That Accept LR ??? / How Do Bloggers Make Money? Here Is Answer / Setting up a development server for testing purposes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.