Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Pspad Vs Notepad++ - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pspad Vs Notepad++ (12784 Views)

Notepad++ Website Hacked By Ugandan Religious Cyber Group! / 27 Notepad++ Plugins, And Which You Really Need / Teach Me How To Make A Website Using Notepad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pspad Vs Notepad++ by DualCore1: 12:10pm On Mar 13, 2012
Coders share your preference. I just started using PSPad some hours ago in place of Notepad++ which I have been using for about 3 years. It pisses me off when Notepad++ can't load its XML settings file at startup thus it reverts to the default settings and all my user defined text colors, tweaks, etc are lost.
Re: Pspad Vs Notepad++ by Seun(m): 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2012
To fix Notepad++, try the solution on this Sourceforge page and also upgrade to the latest version of Notepad++ for good measure. How would you rate the usability of Pspad relative to Notepad++ aside from the settings issue?
Re: Pspad Vs Notepad++ by DualCore1: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2012
Bro I am 3 hours into my PSPad experience and I am loving your suggestion. Hope it works.
Going back to Notepad++ (NP++) as soon as I am done with the present module I am workin on in PSPad.

My discomforts with PSPad
1. I am used to duplicating lines or a selection with "Ctrl + d" in NP++, I could not find a duplicate function or shortcut in PSPad or maybe I wasn't patient enough.

2. The cursor positioning in PSPad is dumb. You click any whitepace in a line and it goes there. In NP++ the cursor positioning trims out whitespaces that you didn't create (by pressing the spacebar). I don't really know how to explain what I mean but hope someone gets it.

3. In NP++ I work with a black background and fitting colored texts to make a smooth contrast between the black background and the texts, not a sharp contrast. In PSPad there are no predifined styles, I will have to create a style to fit and that will take some hours so I was stuck with using the unfriendly white background.

4. PSPad's split screen is not consistent accross all files. It only splits for the file where you issued the split. Once you go to other open tabs it goes back to full view. NP++'s split is consistent and you can move files between the splits.

5. My mouse' sideways scrolling does not work in PSPad. Just the normal up/down scroll.

I think that's all. There are some juicy stuff in PSPad but I prefer NP++ now.

Let me try the sourceforge thing.
Re: Pspad Vs Notepad++ by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 17, 2012
I looked into PSPad, downloaded and ran some edits on various file types. No thanks, I'll stick with Notepad++

First, there's no Symbols Database (or auto completion). Then the all important "Find and Replace", No multiple Undo/Redo or rectangular block selection.

I think I'm just used to Notepad++, some people may find PSPad good énough' for them though.
Re: Pspad Vs Notepad++ by guru01(m): 8:09am On Jun 17, 2012
Apart from dreamweaver which am using, my second option is notepad++.
Its greate tool for me in terms of debuging and code indent.
I love NP++, it can open most type of file.
I always download the latest version.
Re: Pspad Vs Notepad++ by chrishenzo: 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
I only tried Notepad++ before I lay my hands on ADOBE CS5 package. I tried Dreamweaver for about 2 days but I it couldn't allow me to explore more. Somehow I lay my hands on PHPDESIGNER.

From the moment I started using PhpDesigner, I haven't open my Dreamweaver again nor use any other editor. Guys if you are not using PhpDesigner, you must be missing something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Get Your Copy Now

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can You Make In A Month With Google Ads On Your Blog. / Is Your Whatsapp Responding? / Can I Monetize A Nude Photo And Video Blog With Adsens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.