Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Actual Internet Service Providers And Their Connection Speeds? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Actual Internet Service Providers And Their Connection Speeds? (910 Views)

Yahclick Internet Service / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actual Internet Service Providers And Their Connection Speeds? by letmein: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2007
I stay in Abuja and currently use Multilinks Connection. To be sincere it has been a horrid experience. I dont know if they offer better services in Lagos, but I just have to guess they do. Because if they offered their services in Lagos they way I currently receive them in Abuja I am sure they will be out of business.

I am trying to make a decision to switch to Starcomms this week. I have been using Multilinks for at least 7 months now, but I think I have to confidently and painlessly say goodbye.

I will like to know if we have Nairalanders who use Starcoms specifically in Abuja and what their experiences are like (Not the EVDO 3G connection but CDMA). I will like to know actual speeds not the 115.2kbps which multilinks preaches the actual speeds. When you are downloading a file what is the speed like. From my experiences with Multilinks when I download a file the speed darts between 0.2kbps and 5kbps. Sincerely I have to be doing nothing apart from downloading a file in the evenings to be able to get a speed of 4kbps-5kbps. This is dismal.

I hear EVDO is quite fast but I don't have facts to confirm this. I read a post by a user that he saw a friend downloading at 69.x kbps. Does anyone have any comment on this. But specifically what is the speed of Starcomms CDMA connection when downloading a file (not the lies they preach).

I look forward to replies.
Re: Actual Internet Service Providers And Their Connection Speeds? by nkc(m): 7:38am On Oct 29, 2007
my dear letmein, i dont know hou much speed starcoomms give, a friend uses it and he is always unhappy, so i dont need to ask d speed. as fro me i use reltel, boy in d day it kinda slow because they r upgrading for faster speeds, but in d night i get 20KB download speeds i can download 1gig in 8hours, not bad for a cdma in nigeria, but remember tthey have not finished upgrading when they do in d day u will get d 20 in the nite ?? , hope it helps

(1) (Reply)

Resellers Program / Best Free Download Sites? / Free Business Incubation Programme For Ict Guru In Abuja - Quick Before It Close

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.