Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Oh ! I Miss My Naija - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Oh ! I Miss My Naija (16535 Views)

My Face When I Miss The Presidential Chat / I Love My Naija / I Miss My My Noble Forum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Jemibee: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2012
Dancing to water bam bam at birthday parties; dancing competition

Inter house sports in primary schools; Cultural dance days; Girls guide and Brownie days; Boys scout days; playing Ten Ten or Suwe after school closes till the driver comes to pick us up

Actors and actresses like Ego Boyo, Regina Askia, RMD, Hilda Dokubo, Susan Patrick, Saint Obi, Pete Edochie, Sandra Achums in films like Nneka the pretty serpent, Karashika, Violated, Domitila, Full moon, Saworoide, Ashewo Ti O lO Mecca, Ti Oluwa Ni Ile...

Choco Milo, Tomo Tom, Butter Mint, Goody Goody, Ice cream sold in front of schools...
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2012
freecocoa: Are you my brother?cos i can swear he did that back then too.grin grin

lol...maybe. The Gizzard seems to be the best meat then.

ThankGod for civilization. Imagine eating 1kg of gizzard alone this age. Ha!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by caye(m): 11:05am On Mar 21, 2012
The days of Cadbury's breakfast telly!

3 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by HipsyDipsy(f): 11:07am On Mar 21, 2012
Aww! I love dis thread.I JƱڪτ̲̅ cant help buh smile and remnicesce. @ OP I love yew kiss
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by denzel2009: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2012
freecocoa: Hello are you nigerian?thought you are oyinbo o.

duh, were you born when girls were wearing pata olokun(pants with rope)?
days of checkmate
days when vhs players were heavier than lcd tvs
days when tv stations close down at 12am

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by niddamugu(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Lol!!

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when VOLTRON was the best cartoon ever

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when NTA starts promptly at 5pm (after staring for hours at the [b]rainbow coloured
screen of lines)[/b]

cheesy

I saw this one in black & white grin grin grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2012
the days of no Boko Haram
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Afam4eva(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2012
Jemibee: Dancing to water bam bam at birthday parties; dancing competition

Inter house sports in primary schools; Cultural dance days; Girls guide and Brownie days; Boys scout days; playing Ten Ten or Suwe after school closes till the driver comes to pick us up

Actors and actresses like Ego Boyo, Regina Askia, RMD, Hilda Dokubo, Susan Patrick, Saint Obi, Pete Edochie, Sandra Achums in films like Nneka the pretty serpent, Karashika, Violated, Domitila, Full moon, Saworoide, Ashewo Ti O lO Mecca, Ti Oluwa Ni Ile...

Choco Milo, Tomo Tom, Butter Mint, Goody Goody, Ice cream sold in front of schools...

Chei, those movies were the bomb.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by goodbobo: 11:15am On Mar 21, 2012
I remember :
The days of USA Championship wrestling
I remember wrestlers like the Von Eric Brothers ( David von eric , Kerry von eric and one other one ) i remember the claw .
The days of Voltron and superted
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by nkemmu(f): 11:21am On Mar 21, 2012
Those days when they always play this music "i want to ride my bicycle..."anytym i and my siblings are waiting for sunday rice to get done.ofcos the luk on our faces wernt funny atalll.those days when i nd my fellow poor frends stand by the side watching rich kids play wif their beautiful toys,and we say "chai! Dis children dey lucky oo".i thank God for bring us this far.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by dani1luv: 11:22am On Mar 21, 2012
heeheehehehehe grin grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by boyyyyyyyy(m): 11:25am On Mar 21, 2012
I Love this thread, it remind me the good old days when mama vicky will invite all the Muslims kids in the neighborhood for Christmas food and fanta..i can't help tears flowing like a baby ..Jos city back in the 80's

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by EACBLAZE: 11:26am On Mar 21, 2012
Am loving this thread it re-awaken those days memories @ OP kudos to U
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by DMainMan: 11:27am On Mar 21, 2012
I love Wednesday and Saturday when I was a child.

On Wednesdays, all television srarion in Lagos show fantastic cartoons; Super Force will be right back, Magic School Bus, Voltron, Captain Jimtex, Tom and Jerry, Batman, Spider Man and Super Man.
Saturdays: When I watch Cadbury Breakfast show, educative programs by Milo, Wrestling, Italian Serie and Seria A by MBI, Tales by moonlight and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Kpimp: 11:28am On Mar 21, 2012
Really fun and nice topic.miss d days of mummy and daddy,miss the days of the best superstory:suara,the days when i roll used tire,the day when i steal bottle and sell just to play ps1,the days i use to play saun(fuss ball),the days when banger knockout was fun,days of mario and sega,the days i use to run for a teddy bear bigger than me wen i was 9years,miss the days wen neighbour are always together like family.so much to write.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by serenegroup(m): 11:28am On Mar 21, 2012
i remember those days we played football. crescent A vs crescent E in 1004 estate back then. it was fun to the core. i also remember those days of rolling tires round the crescent and also doing skipping rope. i really love these thread
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by jbrodaly(m): 11:30am On Mar 21, 2012
the days of "benebi eselomo NTA news in Benin"
the days of "checkmate" in the evenings
the days of incredible hulk,willy willy,
the days when one man/family are the only people that has a VCR(video) in the neighbourhood and people go their House to watch,and he is seen as a big man.
The days when people with fight with their hands and still become friends..Not like these days when guns are like toys and used in killings with every little arguments
the days of mediators,felix liberty,"where are the prophets" guy,majek fashek,kimono .....
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Onasa22: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2012
Oh God! Those days when there were no Militants and Boko Harams
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Kpimp: 11:33am On Mar 21, 2012
Including telematch.if anybody in the house can still remember.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by polokor60(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2012
i miss the days when we play cover beer soccer with radio stereo tapes as the ball and sardine containers as the goal keeper,the soccer pitch is the corridor that leads to the main entrance of our house,we make(draw) our football pitch with white chalks we obtained from school.i also miss the days of playing koto(kiti konton)...what i don't miss is my dad making sure we all listen to that yeye nta news every 9 pm everyday thereby depriving me of my precious sleep. cool

2 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Kpimp: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2012
Miss those days wen neighbour were like ur family,eating in ur neighbours house,not dis day everybody they form big boy nd girl.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by DMainMan: 11:36am On Mar 21, 2012
Also not forgeting TV programs like Secrets of the sand, the rich also cries, Maria de Los angeles. Men! Those story was sweet.

Kai! Aw can I forget Atlanta, Nigeria vs Brasil midnite when We won by golden goal by Kanu. It was like morning. See jubilation all round my ares. No one sleep at home all of us in the surrounding became one.

But now this days, we hear lots of negative stuffs by kids. Are de to be blamed. No more educative programs, no more cartoon for them, no more kiddies show by TV, no more programs dat teach children to be morally good just like Tales by moonlight.

I am not surprised kids failing dere exams and doing lots of rubbish seen as a norm on TV
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by fantacia: 11:37am On Mar 21, 2012
1.Those days we ate egg once a week.2.Those days we only eat rice on sundays(white rice and stew with curry leaves).3.we carry iron box or slate to school.4.we watch Zebrudaya, Clarus and Giringory. 5. We used to watch Bruce Lee karate films. 6. We loved Arnold swarznegger's "Robo Cop".7. Those days we valued Table Soccer more than our lunch.

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by boyyyyyyyy(m): 11:38am On Mar 21, 2012
Kpimp: Including telematch.if anybody in the house can still remember.
YES WOO TELEMATCH! Is a German sport abi? we the miss evening lesson because of that really nostalgia..
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by 27naira(m): 11:41am On Mar 21, 2012
How about the days of "Super ted"; "Mickey mouse", "speed racer" and my one and only scary movie "willie - willie" embarassed

Emm emm, can you remember the test of "chi chi sweet", "Nasco busicuit" and "amala candies"

oh, memories of a sweet Nigeria! now my home country is being run by rascals, fishermen and almajiris. angry
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by kemiola89(f): 11:41am On Mar 21, 2012
i miss d days of ali and simbi goes to school, today is friday edet and his cousins are eating chicken and rice, gone are dos days.

2 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Dainfamous: 11:42am On Mar 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Lol!!

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when VOLTRON was the best cartoon ever

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when NTA starts promptly at 5pm (after staring for hours at the rainbow coloured screen of lines)

cheesy
voltron the defenders of the universe,that was a wicked cartoon back then cheesy
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by omenziate(m): 11:44am On Mar 21, 2012
The days of Renta ghost( d guys dat touch their noses and telepot) and jim jim jeans them, jim jim was d jeans in vogue then. Days of yore.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Rocktation(f): 11:44am On Mar 21, 2012
The days when VOLTRON was the best cartoon ever

The days when NTA starts promptly at 5pm (after staring for hours at the rainbow coloured screen of lines

Word. Nta was quite silly then. I miss 'Willy willy don die, na who kill am, na ocheLe kill am...'. I miss Super Ted, Super force, Birdman, Doctor Who, Kaptain planet, Robin, Jake and the fat man, Moonlighting, Damsey and Make Peace, Things fall apart, Days of rage, Palace, Tales by moonlight, Royal tears, Inspector Bediako, Binta, my daughter, Isara, the slave girl, Secret of the sand, Loving, The rich also cry, David Copperfield, Rags to riches, Muppet babies....
I miss dancing in the rain, building sand castles with wet sand, selling stones and sand in empty cans in exchange for bottle covers, making planes and boats out of paper....
Time does fly.

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by DoubleN(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2012
The Days of Kiddy Vision 101, Fraggle Rock and Pigeon Street!
The Days of playing Ten Ten and Suwe.
The Days of flying paper kites and those made with Nylon's and 'Igbale Agbepo'! grin
The Days of going to Video Clubs.
The Days of Mortal Kombat and Street fighter on the Sega and SNES. grin
The Days of Ice Water 'Tutu re!'

2 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Okijajuju1(m): 11:47am On Mar 21, 2012
- The days when Hulk Hogan was still the WWF champion. The Days when Undertaker still had a Pallbearer. The days or Ultimate warrior, Koko be-ware, Jake the Snake, Andre the giant, Tito Santana, Hart Brothers, Legend of doom, Super-fly and things. .

- The days when we use to tie our bedsheets around our neck and run around like superman.

- The days when our future ambition was to ba a NINJA.

- The days when a Mercedes 230e (flat boot) and V-boot (padded) was a status symbol.

- The days when we called our Macmillian English Textbook "Reader".

- The days when knockout was made from the pages of our school books.

- The days of "SPEAK-OUT" on NTA

- The days of MALTA SWEET. . .

4 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by blackboi(m): 11:51am On Mar 21, 2012
I miss my childhood, adulthood has taken a whole lot of RealFun from me. Memories don't live like people do... 9ice thread wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Be A Weird Nigerian In 10 Simple Steps / Only Geniuses Will Crack This! / What Funny April Fools Prank Did You Fall For, Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.