Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,460 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Oh ! I Miss My Naija - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Oh ! I Miss My Naija (16536 Views)

My Face When I Miss The Presidential Chat / I Love My Naija / I Miss My My Noble Forum! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Kenistry(m): 11:58am On Mar 21, 2012
@op tnks for takin us bck to dose luvly days

...days wen u go to post office to collect ur jamb result.

Wen boys and girls play rough in village streams

wen attendin block rosary in d evenin and play togeda while goin home aftawrds wz fun

days wen boys n gals ride 'long john' bicycles to schools

days wen u send a small boy to call ur galfrnd out of dia house

days wen u go to a neighbours' house to watch chinese films 'jakie chan' all day
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by koolphobi(m): 12:00pm On Mar 21, 2012
caye: The days of Cadbury's breakfast telly!
I so loved Saturdays for this: Cadbury's Breakfast Television, "A whole new dimension to family entertainment". Where u had the Batman, Superman and Spiderman and probably Telehawk. O sweet memories...

2 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Masebinu: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
the days of ten ten, suwe games. The days of sega game, international super star delux, d days of brick games, the days of throwing hand rubber games, d days of black and white tv, d days of playing ball wit pants. The days of raskimono n orist wiliki. The days of nta2 channel 5, dbn wit movies every afternoon.... Many more of those days

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Dudugirl01(f): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
Oh, I do miss tales by moonlight and sesame street, when we made our colored tv by covering the black and whye with the orange wrapper of lucozade!

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Sugardiva(f): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
DMainMan:
Also not forgeting TV programs like Secrets of the sand, the rich also cries, Maria de Los angeles. Men! Those story was sweet.

Kai! Aw can I forget Atlanta, Nigeria vs Brasil midnite when We won by golden goal by Kanu. It was like morning. See jubilation all round my ares. No one sleep at home all of us in the surrounding became one.

But now this days, we hear lots of negative stuffs by kids. Are de to be blamed. No more educative programs, no more cartoon for them, no more kiddies show by TV, no more programs dat teach children to be morally good just like Tales by moonlight.

I am not surprised kids failing dere exams and doing lots of rubbish seen as a norm on TV

Mehn i rmemba! Maria de Los Angeles and also Wild Rose (Rosa) used to come up after our bedtime so we would sneak to the palour and be watching it with no volume at all so that my mom would not hear that the t.v was on!

And the Atlanta 96 olympics final match is a day i will NEVER forget.Our dramatic equalizer and Kanu's golden goal. My whole street was like a carnival at 1am that nite. That day i was so proud to be Nigerian. I feel like crying thinking of the memories.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by badmrkt(m): 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2012
i can't help but comment.
i miss the days of ''After the storm''
i miss those days where wheels were used for riding not ear-rings as what we have today.
i miss those days of ''One big family''
those days of ''candle light''
i miss those days of bottle top ball(counters ball)
those days of of ''Agbo lives in the town of Lagoon''

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by dani1luv: 12:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
Ali and Simbi. .
Mr. Sada is a farmer!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by denzel2009: 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2012
the days you wrap your new text books with brown paper and never bother to open them again.
the days you lap yourselves on public transport or sit on the engine( like sitting on hot kettle)
the days when lennards and bata shoes are the swag
the days when your dad's best suit flap is like moinmoin leaves
the days when you fear your teachers more than your parents
the days when punishment has meaning like stood down( not go to devils corner these days)
the days when your compare marks of beatings on your bodies with friends.

2 Likes

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by OzReal(m): 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2012
McAdem: [b]Oh! How I miss those days in Naija. Thinking about it makes tears well up in my eyes and bring laughter to my face. I was born in 1988 in Naija but there are some moments i remember and my face lights up. I miss this days:

• The days where Choco Milo was the best chocolate ever.

• The days of Tales by moonlight, speakout, new masqurade, papa ajasco

• Days of Christmas where we all looked forward to wearing our mama- tie- me -for back dresses and mother care socks.

• I miss the days of Christmas when we take food to our neighbors and they gave us money in exchange

• The days of Christmas when we dress up, wear our cute outfits and visit family and friends one after the other

• The days when Christie Ogoli, Shina peters, Onyeka onwenu , funmi Adams sang and brought tears of joy to our faces

The days when “Nigeria, my beloved country” was the best song ever

• Days when birthday parties was fun. Cake and red jollof rice

• The days when actors and actresses were natural in their movies.Liz benson, Dolly unachukwu, regina askia, Antar laniyan, etc. unlike
this age were they are all so fake trying to form Americana. Tonto Dike and her likes

• The days where ladies wore long skirts that had slits up to their laps

• The days of love letter. Were we sent love letter to boy and girls and await their reply

• The days of father chrismas

• Days when we went for people’s birthday and danced to “hoo yay, I wish u hapi buyday” “hoo yay, very merry merry hapi returns”

• The days when rice was the best food ever

The days when cousins, neighbors all lived and related well unlike this age where evrione is on their own. Aka OYO

• I miss the days of Akwa-oche, cloths made from chair materials

• The days when we went to school , lined up and the headmistress and teachers inspect our nails and uniform and then we march to our classrooms

• The days of “papilo, I know say one day, you go make us proud”

• The days of Mother care socks and socks that has lace round it

• The days of rashidi yekini, Daniel omokachi, Sunday oliseh, peter rufai, etc

• The days of pinafore school uniform

• The days of black and white Tv

• The days where only one person in that neigbourhood had that round phone and neighbors had to come receive calls in one’s house

• The days of sakobi the snake girl, Nneka the pretty serpent, Igodo, Living in bondage, Sharon stone

• The days of Maclean, Tura soap, dudu osin, okin biscuit, ribena, lucozade, tomtom, etc

• The days when MKO was the main man

There are still many more days that I cannot remember, but feel free to post some of your fun filled days in Naija. [/b] cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh, the good ol'days cry How I wish we could go back to the days when we all had a strong sense of commonality as opposed to the individuality we have nowadays. Nigeria might be better today cry
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by zarkknight(m): 12:16pm On Mar 21, 2012
Wow! I luv dis thread, it brings back great memories. Gives me nostalgic feelns. D days when Mr Biggs was d bomb D days of apapa amusement park and trans amusement park. D days of telematch, Dr who, checkmate, isaura, secrets of d sanddddddd!!!!!!, palace, sledge hammer, original Fuji house, village headmaster, things fall apart, tales by moonlight, Reach out, pingu, biker mouse, superforce, inspector gadget, robocop, dodo - kid from outer space, ninja turtles,cadbury breakfast show was d bomb, damn! Wot hpnd to NTA. D days of mike okri, Stella monye, christy essien igbokwe, even Chris okotie. Orlando Julius, majek fashek, shina peters. No party was complete without "ijo shina" and edi Edna okolis "ooye I wish u happy bday". D days when all street kids played together regardless of social status of parents. Ooh I miss choco milo, goody goody, m&k, trebbor, chuppa chupps. Crush, ginger hay, tandi, gala meatpie, fun top or is it sun top, caprisone, vip, ribena, my nick name "tom tom", okin biscuittttttt!!!! Omg dis list is endless. D days of RMD, Norbert young, kunle bantefa, funmilola aofiyebi, Liz d diva benson, joke silva, madam kofo, baba sala, Jaguar, bebbeto, batistuta, maradona, ortega, rashidi yekini, daniel d bull amokachi, Sunday oliseh, mutiu d headmaster adepoju, prince peter rufai, escobar. Days of coup and national broadcasts by Head of state or commander in chief of the armed forces, well I dnt miss those days but d economy was gud (a discussion for another day). D days of murcassin, sandals, canvas, lool,Games and fun stuffs- suwe, tire rolling, kite flyn, paper plane, boat lool. Days of being a "pupil"And ofcourse my great primary school. Grace Children School Gbagada. If u did not witness d 80's or early 90's, all I can say is sorry. grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by octavian(m): 12:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
The days of TOKUNBO AJAYI the newscaster on NTA, CHECKMATE, 2 Minute Noodles, Macleans' Advert..
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by VellyG(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
Miss the days when we test our culinary skills with diposed milk tins with sand and leaves..(Emebaba if u live in benin)
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by olu4life(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
You all didnt talk about the days of outdoor games like ten ten, i call on, who sabi swim water, suwe and so much more. Was fun then.
- Also remember when tandi, dr pepper, limca, gold spot reigns then
- Remember when i use to buy bread N10, fish N5 and yorghurt N5 back in school days
- Back in the days when relatives come around during holidays but now everyone on their own. Alot of remembrance, life was good then *smiles*
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by bobonkiti101(m): 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]miss the days of POLICE AND THIEF
miss the days when ELEGANZER PEN was d best
miss the days wen fanta and coke wia N10 whle limca goldspot wia N7
Miss those days when i always cry when they took me to skul
miss those days when i playd cashewnuts,table soccer wit bottle crown,flew kite,threw the back of match box,rode tire,played swell,played oga,my sisters dressd me lyk a gal,ran race,playd papa and mama....(kids of 2dy are missing alot)
missed those days wen i bought N1 banana icecream
missd those days wen i go to a game house and pay N10 for 10mins of mortal kombat or iss in supernes via the tv timer...i realy miss those days

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
Nice One poster

I do remember when we go to un-completed building searching for snail.
How about days of waiting for Rice carefully wrapped inside leaf and at night we go out to buy Eko and Akara elepo.
How about days where u go from One tutorial to another cos of GCE
Gone are the days when we reserve money to new school bag and sock
Sometimes i just can"t wait to travel to Lagos so see new things
Days when we wait for NTA news at Nine,cos that was the only reliable source of new,even though its full of lies.

What happen to the days of Okin biscuit,Baba dudu and sisi pelebe as said by someone.
What abt the days when we wait for headmistress to inspect out school uniform.

well That is just the way it is,things will never be the same.

peace out
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by zarkknight(m): 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
serenegroup: i remember those days we played football. crescent A vs crescent E in 1004 estate back then. it was fun to the core. i also remember those days of rolling tires round the crescent and also doing skipping rope. i really love these thread

I remember those days in 1004, never lived there but spent lots of time there, I remeber how those on d 8th floor used to lament about the faulty lifts, great estate though, all or most NTA Staff and civil servants lived there. and ofcourse ikoyi club, great memories.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by shadrach77: 12:56pm On Mar 21, 2012
the days when planta and blue band where the beat brands of butter in 9ja
days when vitas bakeries was the best bakery in ibadan
days when d rovan hotel was the best hotel in ibadan

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by shadrach77: 12:59pm On Mar 21, 2012
the days of a popular lolly pop called 'oko baba dudu' - lol!
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by msakhere(f): 1:01pm On Mar 21, 2012
O sweet memories of our childhood days; I remember these advert songs 1 kookoorukoo, children its breakfast time.get up get up Its Nescafe time From AM to PM, Nescafe is delicious, hmm Delicious.. 2 cornflakes advert, joy soap, Choco milo, NASCo biscuit, Planta, And those days when groundnuts used to sold in used cream Bottles' days of sitting quietly to watch Checkmate, Tales by moonlight, Sunday night angle by Frank Olize and Abike Dabire; days of doing PRACTICAL WRESTLING at home, school after watching one. Those good old days
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Tittos: 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
I miss the days of SEGA game..the days of mortal Kombat and soccer Deluxe...
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by shema: 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
I miss the days of "eyin ala ngba, e kona Gowon, Balewa, go go, m&k and kite." God bless those days grin
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by sample042(m): 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2012
I remmbr doz days dat kids from same background are sown same patern of dress wit a particular fabric lol. Days of willie willie in nta aba. WWF nw WWE havn jack d snake, hitman, razor n yokozuna in d ring. Remembr wen frnds fight cos of cashew nut, rubber band etc wao, its amazing.

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 21, 2012
days wen super sunday used to be from "'fe yi ko'gbon" to "gboro mi ro" to speedy racer, tales by moonlight, aluwe n co. to behind d cloud.
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by EfemenaXY: 1:11pm On Mar 21, 2012
[b][size=18pt].[/size] The days when the best drama series were House No. 13, Cockcrow at Dawn, Kokori and the Assazis (hope I spelt that right..)

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when the most eligible spinster was Funmi (something...can't remember her name) but she knew how to cook practically ALL Nigerian dishes! for the Maggi Adverts

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when the best go-karts were made using a flat plank of wood, 4 nails and 4 empty tins of milk

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when being teacher's pet meant you get to write out the names of Noise Makers or those who speak Pidgin English in class! grin

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when the best chewing gum was BAZOOKA and the best sweetS were TOM-TOM and NICO

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when 50 kobo was a note and you could buy a plate of rice for 5 kobo, Iced Fish for 5 kobo Kuli-kuli for 1 kobo and a bottle of cold water for 1 kobo[/b]
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by Yeske2(m): 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2012
Days i look forward to weekends and holidays, rushing home from church every thursdays for checkmate and NEPA if you miss behind the clouds if no light on sundays, sitting in front of the tv waiting for cartoons every week day(even if i really didn't understand what they were saying, walking around the neighbourhood with friends going nowhere in particular, sweets like sweet elepa, ekona gowon,chocomilo, playing catcher, sneaking back with my siblings after our parents had gone to bed to watch late night movies and getting caned when caught, waiting for Sunday rice, sometimes forced to share a piece of meat while dad has two(hated those days),
Where do i start or stop? @OP, great thread i must say
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by KayDee4: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
Classic !!! cool cool cool cool

denzel2009: the days you wrap your new text books with brown paper and never bother to open them again.
the days when your compare marks of beatings on your bodies with friends.
or old calendar.
McAdem:
• The days where ladies wore long skirts that had slits up to their laps
with 'shimi' underneath grin

- I remember Okin biscuit (The very sweet rectangular one and the circle one), Oxford Cabin biscuit, Buttermint, Malta sweet and . . TomTom (that still exists), robot chewing gum, Tree top, Lucozade with orange shine shine wrapper, green sands drink and Tandi guarana.
- TV programs : Voltron, Superted, tales by moonlight, Doctor Who, Robin Hood (NTA2 Channel5 version), Abiku, lynx, Willy Willy, Behind the clouds, Shoppers guide on friday nights(with AP advert), The prince and the pauper, Speak out (I used to be on that program), Telematch (ha, ha), The new masquerede (Zebudaya) cheesy
- Playing football with felele ball, catcher, making paper planes, boats, guns; flying kites, rolling tyres and loop and wheel (custard bucket cover with a metal loop).
- Playing and dancing to turntable ('record') music - Michael jackson records, mandators, chris okotie, etc etc.

- The days when NTA Channel 7 was known for only showing missing people. Clapper Board was a round-the-clock movie channel, The old Super man (only shown on public holidays), 'Jesus of Nazareth' (2 versions:Channel 5 and Channel 10).

- went to a lot of 'aunty give me cake' birthday parties. cheesy grin

Many more memories rushing through my brain now . . . .

OMG, I miss the good old days. The days when life was simple but the young must grow cheesy cheesy
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by gegee(m): 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
but dem days are gone and gone forever...... just pray u don't get blown up by boko haram

1 Like

Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by titsqueez(m): 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
days of Ruth Benemesia (NTA news)
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by successking: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ Lol!!

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when VOLTRON was the best cartoon ever

[size=18pt].[/size] The days when NTA starts promptly at 5pm (after staring for hours at the rainbow coloured screen of lines)

cheesy

These are days of sweet memory

Days of things fall apart

Days of an african night entertainment

Days of Eze goes to School

Days of Chike and the river

Indeed, they are days of sweet memory
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by titsqueez(m): 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2012
lapping the girl u fancied in a crowded molue was painful bliss
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by titsqueez(m): 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2012
giving toyin 50 kobo to let u see her pant. heavenly bliss
Re: Oh ! I Miss My Naija by megastu(m): 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
@OP, You meant you were born in 1978 and not 1988? Most of the things you mentioned surely occured in the 80's.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Be A Weird Nigerian In 10 Simple Steps / Only Geniuses Will Crack This! / What Funny April Fools Prank Did You Fall For, Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.