Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Are You A Village Or City Person? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You A Village Or City Person? (6259 Views)

Check Out A Village Where Animals Are Adopted And Breastfed By Humans: (photos) / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / It Takes A Village To Raise A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Village Or City Person? by odumchi: 12:20am On Mar 15, 2012
Some people love the hustle and bustle of the busy city while other prefer the serenity of the village. So, my question to you guys is: which do you prefer? Are you a city person or a village person? cheesy
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by odumchi: 12:23am On Mar 15, 2012
I'll go first. I myself am a village person. I would trade the busy city life for the village life any day. To me, living in the village is better for your health, cheaper than the city, and more interesting.

I'd like to heat some other opinions.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:24am On Mar 15, 2012
I'm fluid, but my preference is rural/village. I'm not much of a fan of urban/city life.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by odumchi: 12:32am On Mar 15, 2012
Lol. I'm sure many others would prefer the village over the city since It's so relaxing and nostalgic. Palm wine beats mineral grin
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:42am On Mar 15, 2012
Oh yes, mai ngwo nka mai bekee.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by dominionangel: 9:49am On Mar 15, 2012
The village has its advantages like the serenity and reduced bustles, but the city because of its programmes.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by WebSurfer(m): 9:52am On Mar 15, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Leyelyzo: 10:12am On Mar 15, 2012
Why do u wana knw if i may ask?
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by sharpman1(m): 10:14am On Mar 15, 2012
I love the city life.

I doubt if i can stay anywhere in Nigeria outside Lagos.............except it is really tempting, at least for now.

In the village, u'r a village champion, there's no competition, if u'r not careful.......u'll be comfortable with mediocrity.

In the city........lots of challenges, competition, friends that will drive you.

I just simply love Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by elewele100: 10:20am On Mar 15, 2012
This is a great post.I love village and being surrounded by parks and water, less traffic and less pollution too.
I live in a small town whose population is less than 1 thousand five hundred.I realy love village life cos I didn't
want my children to grow up in the city. It's almost crime free which is great,but the children love being in the city.However, the problem for our children began when they became older.and Making friends and keeping them close is
difficult when you are driving 3 kids in 3 different directions every weekend and most evenings.Lol.e no easy
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Yeske2(m): 10:22am On Mar 15, 2012
I don't know which one i prefer more as both have their advantages and disadvantages
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by stepo707: 10:22am On Mar 15, 2012
city life anyday anytime.I love lagos life,the hustle and bustle.Its fun
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 15, 2012
Anybody who can't live outside Lagos must be a superman.
I live in Lagos currently cos of work and i hate this town even after 2yrs.

I was transferred here fron Abj and if i don't get transferred out by Dec, i'm quitting.

I hate Lagos like i hate London.
For me nothing beats living in quiet towns. Even Abj is becoming another Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by MissyB3(f): 10:34am On Mar 15, 2012
I prefer a serene environment, not one characterized by chaos; the reason I can't live in Lagos.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by ifyalways(f): 10:36am On Mar 15, 2012
If i have my way,i'd be in the village monday to thursday,city friday to sunday each week.

There is this serenity and calm that comes with villages,my village especially that the heart and soul can't refuse.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by freecocoa(f): 10:43am On Mar 15, 2012
For me the only difference with staying in a city and my village is the language,majority speak our dialect in my village,besides that, every other thing is virtually the same with what's done in the city so one can hardly notice its a village,therefore staying there is as good as staying in a city.smiley
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by badmrkt(m): 10:50am On Mar 15, 2012
i love everything about the village.it's a nice place to be.
the sweet fresh palm wine
the cool breeze from the running stream
the quietness and neatness of the environments
the simple and easy life...
the list is endless.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Jemibee: 10:50am On Mar 15, 2012
I prefer the city!! Maybe because in the village, u have limited options. It's relaxing yes but not when one is obliged to be der through out the year. I can't even imagine what it'd be like...
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Rhymez(m): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2012
Its sad I cant speak my language very well undecided. I love to be in the village
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58am On Mar 15, 2012
I was born, and raised in the village for the better part of my childhood. . .

Even when we move to the city, we were living on the outskirt far from the trouble of a big city. . .

Now that said, I am a village person but not wholely so. . . I love the village for the following reason;

- Simplicity of life. - Everybody just doing their thing trying to food on their tables. The greed is not as obvious as it is in the city.

- Natural - Every thing back in the villages are just straight natural. E.g say you go on Nkwo market day to get some oranges, best believe that you are getting pure "unbiologically engineered/altered/fertilized" oranges. . Same for every other thing from fishes (natural water not agric), plantains, to even water (natural spring water "Agukwu Springs"winkand the prices are cheap to almost free.

- Local Content - The women (or local content as I call them) are just too sweet. Naive and innocent. Not corruted by the big city life of fake hair and make-up. They are a delight. More interested in the welfare of their partner than in theirs. Hardworking and loving women. . .

- Also the entertainment - . . . Ngwo a.k.a Palmwine (Nkwu enu), Grasscutter/Nchi, Okpa, Abacha, Nkwobi, Isi ewu (made with real Isi Ewu mpki not Ewu ugwu), Ofe Nsala and Oha (prepared the way it should be not this adulterated crap you get in the city).

- Serenity - More often than none, the villages are very safe. Petty thievery at best. .

NOW!! That said, I also love the city . . . It reminds me that there is so much to achieve in life, it brings a whole new level to hussling. The village offers the good life, the city offers the great life. . . Fast cars, fast women, high risers, tarred roads, cement and steel structures. .

The village is a life I love but only as an escape from the big city life.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by FRANCISEKE1(m): 11:03am On Mar 15, 2012
odumchi: I'll go first. I myself am a village person. I would trade the busy city life for the village life any day. To me, living in the village is better for your health, cheaper than the city, and more interesting.

am a full time village person.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 15, 2012
Village all the way!
Omo oko Ife l'emi Ooo!
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Nobody: 11:36am On Mar 15, 2012
Two words: 'blazing-fast internet'. You cannot get that in the village.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Dipwater(m): 11:49am On Mar 15, 2012
I wuz born and raised in lagos but I prefer the village 4 its calmness
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 15, 2012
I cannot stand the village. I'd literally run mad if i had to stay there for more than 3 days at a stretch. I've been there only once and felt so relieved when i finally got to Lagos. The hustle and bustle of Lagos is what makes it home. Was in one thick village in Enugu for a wedding last time I went to Nigeria and everything seemed so strange it felt like I was being asphyxiated being in that environment alone.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2012
SimonAndal: Two words: 'blazing-fast internet'. You cannot get that in the village.

I have nave hated a person as much as I do you right now! Why did you have to remind me of that!! angry

O well! I guess the Nchi peppersoup and Isi ewu would replace that!!

I could even start playing draught
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Jilo83(m): 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2012
Village all d way. Food, shelter, security. Waoh!
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by nkemmu(f): 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2012
odumchi: I'll go first. I myself am a village person. I would trade the busy city life for the village life any day. To me, living in the village is better for your health, cheaper than the city, and more interesting.@odumchi,tru talk especilally the health aspect

Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by nkemmu(f): 12:05pm On Mar 15, 2012
Am a new member on nairaland.i need a welcome song as they do in church.can any one .....

1 Like

Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by chucky234(m): 12:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
I cant stay in the village for 5 days,the last time I travelled to Abuja I started missing Lagos 15 minutes after take-off and would gone back if it were car.
Cant live anywhere outside Lagos as every other cities and the people there always appear too dull and slow even the well educated ones unlike my Lagos where you have thinking caps and sharpness to scale through each day.
Village is a boring place for me,my parents grew up in Lagos and been all their lives.
For me city is the place and Lagos rocks.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by achi4u(m): 12:25pm On Mar 15, 2012
oh! i lov village anytime anyday.i can't even live lagos and their likesgrin
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2012
I like Village life. I had the opportunity to have a taste of it while in school. But one would just be spending without . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Interesting Hausa Proverbs / Why So Much Ibo N Yoruba Rivalry In 9ja? / 'okobo'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.