Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Are You A Village Or City Person? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are You A Village Or City Person? (6233 Views)

Check Out A Village Where Animals Are Adopted And Breastfed By Humans: (photos) / What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / It Takes A Village To Raise A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by nkemmu(f): 12:52pm On Mar 15, 2012
I prefer my village to the city.its a fun place to be.i cud remember the first time i visited my villa those days,i bought enough cloths for showoff but was disappointed.i love the breeze der,a nice place to relax,stress free,old women telling you how cute your male frends are,my native food,etc i love my village
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Konnektions146(m): 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2012
i hate heavy traffic and busy city life though it tend to be inevitable.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by yamakuza: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
nkemmu: Am a new member on nairaland.i need a welcome song as they do in church.can any one .....

*clangs bell/gong*

(like they do on wazobia.fm)

welcome!

@topic: country life it is!
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by freecocoa(f): 1:38pm On Mar 15, 2012
nkemmu: Am a new member on nairaland.i need a welcome song as they do in church.can any one .....
*tunes to my soprano voice singing*

Welcome,we are saying welcome to you

You are welcome in the name of seun
We can see all over you the glory of NL
You are welcome in the name of seun.

Welcome to you,may you enjoy your stay here,trust me its gonna be one you'll enjoy.smiley
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by omega25red(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
i would love the village life but once you get exposed to the city life it's hard to go back.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Mcleo007(m): 2:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
The day my village can measure up with the cities in terms of social amenities and contemporary living, I'll be the first to run there. Till then, the city till I mud!
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by nkemmu(f): 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
freecocoa: *tunes to my soprano voice singing*

We can see all over you the glory of NL
You are welcome in the name of seun.

Welcome to you,may you enjoy your stay here,trust me its gonna be one you'll enjoy.smiley
wow!@freecocoa all these words for me?tanx.i feel welcomed already.cheesy
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by nkemmu(f): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2012
yamakuza:

*clangs bell/gong*

(like they do on wazobia.fm)
@yamakuza tanx alot.
welcome!

@topic: country life it is!
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by ouigy99(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
Which do i choose?... agege bread and pepsi or palm wine with okpa?...... rice and stew or abacha and bush meat? drinking chemically treated eva water or water fetched fresh from the stream? hmm... all i can say is, Make all the money in the city den go n live a healthier life in the village. cool
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by crackhouse(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2012
I work in the city during the day and retire in the village during the evening hours.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by LongOne1(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
I currently live in a village, and it seems a good place to raise a family.

I enjoy the tranquillity, being close to nature and all, though this occasionally drives me nuts. People are generally friendlier, though I occasionally get the young, innocent kid who asks if I got burnt or why I am black.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Liverpoolfc(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2012
when one say village, what dèfines a village? What differentiate it from a city? A rich life in the village is far better than a poor life in the city. I love an average village life, like life in uromi in edo state, life in ihitte/uboma in imo state. I prefer these two places to lagos and ph. Which ever of the choice, it is not funny to live as a poor man in both. I prefer a rich village life.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Cleverley(m): 5:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
This is interesting, for me, remove crime, traffic, police checkpoint's, aboro's, sex hawker's etc. I am staying put in a city.This is interesting, for me, remove crime, traffic, police checkpoint's, aboro's, sex hawker's etc. I am staying put in a city.This is interesting, for me, remove crime, traffic, police checkpoint's, aboro's, sex hawker's etc. I am staying put in a city.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by desperatem(m): 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2012
Please enlighten me on this matter. does it mean that lagos is a city while the rest of the states are villages? I thought all states have a city as well as a village?

The poster is comparing city life to village', i dunno why people changed it to lagos VS. Your native town.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2012
I wouldnt say village but country living. the best. even the food tastes better there.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by odumchi: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2012
It looks like a lot of people prefer rural life to city life.

Living in the village gives one the time to truly enjoy life (in my opinion). When I lived in the village, as a very small child, I used to go hunting, swimming, and tree climbing. Then, I used to wonder what it would be like to live in a city (since the largest city I had ever been to was Aba grin). Now, I'll do anything to relocate again. Lol it's a funny thing.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by freecocoa(f): 8:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
nkemmu: wow!@freecocoa all these words for me?tanx.i feel welcomed already.cheesy
Yeah they are for you and you are welcome once again.smiley
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by SNCOQ3(m): 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2012
I prefer a village close to a city.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:08pm On Mar 15, 2012
I was born and I live in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Montevideo is a capital city, but is small and quiet enough compared to the capitals of neighboring countries. I was born and I grew up in the city, and although I know the countryside and small towns, I really feel very comfortable here.
I could not live in a city with great noise and overcrowding.
Warm regards to all!

1 Like

Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by pyx: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2012
Life is in the village and money is also in the village. village carry go
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by SamMilla1(m): 11:07pm On Mar 15, 2012
Imagine this scenario. After studying in Berlin Germany for 3 years, i moved to Lisbon, then to Amsterdam, then to Paris and i got tired of working in Europe. So i returned here to start a business. I spent a month in Lagos and nearly got mad. Ran down to Enugu and found it so quiet compared to every other city in Nigeria. Then i went to the village, spent a week at a time and found joy there. Very breezy, very quiet, very organised, crime free, less sun, constant electricity, cheap bush meat and palm wine, cheap vegetables and almost free fruits(10 mangoes or 10 oranges for 50 naira), beautiful well trained and well mannered girls who still respect the concept of marriage. Then i asked myself where heaven is if not my village. I live in Enugu and Onitsha though but ask anybody in village, i drive down there every friday afternoon and stays until monday morning. Luckily for me, it is just 5 minutes drive from Enugu city center via Enugu-Port Harcourt express.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2012
I am a big city person. I love cities because of the occupational and educational opportunities they provides me with.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by cantell(m): 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
Okija_juju:
- Also the entertainment - . . . Ngwo a.k.a Palmwine (Nkwu enu), Grasscutter/Nchi, Okpa, Abacha, Nkwobi, Isi ewu (made with real Isi Ewu mpki not Ewu ugwu), Ofe Nsala and Oha (prepared the way it should be not this adulterated crap you get in the city).

You're trying too hard.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Abagworo(m): 12:22am On Mar 16, 2012
I love village life but I've never experienced it well. I will like to spend the later part of my life in a choice ranch in Ebonyi or Cross River State rural area..
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by mmkamson(m): 4:31am On Mar 16, 2012
naijasexy: I cannot stand the village. I'd literally run mad if i had to stay there for more than 3 days at a stretch. I've been there only once and felt so relieved when i finally got to Lagos. The hustle and bustle of Lagos is what makes it home. Was in one thick village in Enugu for a wedding [b]last time I went to Nigeria [/b]and everything seemed so strange it felt like I was being asphyxiated being in that environment alone.
whr u dey gan gan i 1da....cuz last tym i chckd lagos z stl NIGERIA ooooo.......@topic m sitn on d fence
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by cynthiafred67(f): 10:06am On Mar 16, 2012
I was born and raised in the city, so i am kinda used to life in the city. Village life is a no no no for me! undecided
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by guycraze: 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
Darlyn Cake long anticipated music video is out. He is a multi talented R & B, Hip-Hop artist that has a unique flow and style like nothing you've come across.
A lovely video from Darlyn Cake, Radically Clean Enlightment and good directing skills from Lex Ten Flick Production.

THIS GUY IS BAD TO THE CHORE.
DARLYN CAKE is his name
SOLJA is the song name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA34fH4Kqss
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by Afam4eva(m): 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2012
I've lived in the big city all my life and i must say that i haven't gotten used to it. If not for the age we are when money and material things are what almost everyone is running after, i would have moved to a serene village somewhere in eastern Nigeria.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by ekoair(m): 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2012
odumchi: It looks like a lot of people prefer rural life to city life.

Living in the village gives one the time to truly enjoy life (in my opinion). When I lived in the village, as a very small child, I used to go hunting, swimming, and tree climbing. Then, I used to wonder what it would be like to live in a city (since the largest city I had ever been to was Aba grin). Now, I'll do anything to relocate again. Lol it's a funny thing.

no wonder you dont like the cities you lived in Aba try sweet calabar, abuja or lagos and tell me if you still feel this way
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by tpia5: 11:39pm On Apr 23, 2012
village, i believe.

much quieter though nowhere is perfect.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by odumchi: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2012
ekoair:

no wonder you dont like the cities you lived in Aba try sweet calabar, abuja or lagos and tell me if you still feel this way

Lol, I've never lived in Aba. I've only visited it. All my life, I've only lived in the village. Abuja and Calabar are much less hectic than Lagos, but I think I would have my liberties severly restricted were I to live there. In the village, one can go about as one pleases.
Re: Are You A Village Or City Person? by ekoair(m): 3:33am On Apr 24, 2012
lol i cant do that village life ill be bored to tears i tried it for 3 months cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biography Of Super Eagles Goalkeeper Francis Odinaka Uzoho / Igbo Finally Admitted They Stole Edo Female Attire / Nigerian Pidgin Bible Don Comot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.