Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. (5687 Views)

‘NBA Identifies 1,000 Fake Lawyers’ Daily Trust / 1,497 Illegal Routes Into Nigeria- Interio Minister / Nigeria Has 1, 497 Illegal Entry Routes, Says FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by gulfer: 6:55am On Mar 15, 2012
Federal Government has identified 1,497 irregular routes being used by illegal immigrants to gain entry into the country.

Minister of Interior, Mr. Abba Moro, said this at the Presidential Villa, Abuja on Wednesday.

Moro said the development had made it difficult for the government to properly secure its international borders.

He said the government was concerned about the nation’s porous borders, especially when some of the illegal immigrants had been allegedly playing active roles in the security challenges facing the country.

He said, “There is no doubt that in any country, foreigners come in. There is no exception to that but when criminally-minded foreigners come into the country with legitimate papers, without proper travel documents, it becomes a concern for the government.

“Moreso, when these foreigners are alleged to be part of insecurity by participating in suicide bombings and some of the conflicts that we have on our hands, certainly it is a serious concern for the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“It is as a result of this concern that the Federal Government has started to increase attention to addressing this border porosity.”

Apart from building watch posts, Moro said the government would introduce electronic components to the surveillance of the Nigerian borders with a central post in Abuja or any part of the country.

He expressed the hope that the electronic surveillance would help reduce if not completely eliminate border infiltration.

The minister reiterated the resolve of government to capture the biometric data of all persons entering and leaving Nigeria.

He said, “We are presently partnering with Galaxy Backbone, it is the major platform for capturing this data and of course the national identity commission is in an aggressive move to ensure we have adequate data record of all persons that enter and leave Jos and all persons including Nigerians resident in Nigeria. We will get there soon.”http://www.punchng.com/news/govt-identifies-1497-illegal-routes-to-nigeria/
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by chaikie(m): 9:57am On Mar 15, 2012
TOTAL CRAPSHIT
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 15, 2012
'all persons entring and leaving Jos' was that an error?
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by eghost247(m): 10:04am On Mar 15, 2012
wow 1497 thats a big figure Nigerian Immigration Service what the hell you waiting for
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by stolenstone: 10:04am On Mar 15, 2012
only 1497?

2 Likes

Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by mykejones(m): 10:23am On Mar 15, 2012
cool see job opportunity abeg. Oya make National imigration start recruit again jare!

1 Like

Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by charlsecy4(m): 10:33am On Mar 15, 2012
cogitoErgo: 'all persons entring and leaving Jos' was that an error?

I guess.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Exponental(m): 10:40am On Mar 15, 2012
Who woke d govt up?

1 Like

Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Gepheral: 10:42am On Mar 15, 2012
This border thingy is long overdue..

Thank God they're now waking up.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Tgram(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2012
[quote author=Exponental]Who woke d govt up?
Ans=i did
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Skanas(m): 11:08am On Mar 15, 2012
mykejones: cool see job opportunity abeg. Oya make National imigration start recruit again jare!
so u go go d collect bribe d allow pipo d pass freely abi?lol
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Baawaa(m): 11:15am On Mar 15, 2012
At the end there wouldn't be any result.What we know best is to talk,no implementation
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by gentleasia(m): 11:17am On Mar 15, 2012
NIGERIA NEEDS A STRICT BORDER CONTROL POLICY, ESPECIALLY WITH THE LAND BORDERS IN THE NORTHER PART OF NIGERIA.
THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO EMPLOY MORE GRADUATES TO CHECK THOSE BORDERS, OUR BORDERS ARE JUST TOO POROUS.
LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT UNDER THE THE IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT, TRY TO REGISTER ALL NIGERIA USING A MORE DIGITALISE SYSTEM, SO WE CAN BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD RANGE OF THE NIGERIA POPULATION WITHOUT EVEN THE USUAL CENSUS POPULATION.

CHAD, NIGER,AND BENIN REPUBLIC GO EVEN GET 9JIA PASSPORT WITHIN 2DAYS, THIS SHOWS YOU THE INCOMPETENCY OF OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by gentleasia(m): 11:17am On Mar 15, 2012
NIGERIA NEEDS A STRICT BORDER CONTROL POLICY, ESPECIALLY WITH THE LAND BORDERS IN THE NORTHER PART OF NIGERIA.
THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO EMPLOY MORE GRADUATES TO CHECK THOSE BORDERS, OUR BORDERS ARE JUST TOO POROUS.
LET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT UNDER THE THE IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT, TRY TO REGISTER ALL NIGERIA USING A MORE DIGITALISE SYSTEM, SO WE CAN BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD RANGE OF THE NIGERIA POPULATION WITHOUT EVEN THE USUAL CENSUS POPULATION.

CHAD, NIGER,AND BENIN REPUBLIC GO EVEN GET 9JIA PASSPORT WITHIN 2DAYS, THIS SHOWS YOU THE INCOMPETENCY OF OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by niddamugu(m): 11:29am On Mar 15, 2012
What this simply means is that we don't have any borders at all and that's why there are leakages everywhere. No wonder Ibori could escape without being noticed, cash could be laundered without going through any bank and at the same time anything can come in also without being checked. May God help us in this country.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Litmus: 11:42am On Mar 15, 2012
Some of the reasons (minus oil)sited by the Western Powers for going into Afghanistan,Iraq and snooping into Pakistan, Qatar etc and pumping money into Asia initially,was the fear that political instability and social instability caused by poverty when it occurs,will impact on them i.e the West. Similarly, creating an enabling environment throughout Europe to mitigate against the type of unrest which might lead to war as in the past was one of the more delineated voices in the drive for integrated Europe.I'm afraid that so preoccupied was Africa with its apparent backwardness,of which tribalism is a lingering symptom or even hangover,we have been overtaken in the blindside by the consequences of progress.Globalization, just one of these, means that some of the more politically established African countries are going to face massive problems because of the lawless nature of large swathes of Africa. Mass communication enabled by globalizing tools such as The mobile phone is going to make the old means of border control used by relatively more capable countries like South Africa increasingly ineffective and as young disenfranchised African people in those large swathes of culturless lawless African learn more about the world they are going to export their restlessness to more capable African countries.In short, countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya,Namibia, Botswana, Morocco----------[size=4pt]ghana[/size] etc have to start working together to assist and help poorer African countries.The West most help financially too because long term,after Africa has deteriorated into the Mad Max world America predicted and African resource exhausted by theft,Africans will pose a significant international threat.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by purplekayc(m): 11:53am On Mar 15, 2012
Am sure there must be more

1 Like

Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by cyndee44: 11:59am On Mar 15, 2012
its now that the govt have realised this after so many lives have been lost. i just pray their attempts would be a success so that more lives wont be lost.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by odedipapa(m): 12:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
Tank u for letting me knw. Now,cn u atleast close an entry to make it 1,496?
Nonsense
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by chitech(m): 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
Exponental: Who woke d govt up?
na us nah
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by mkmyers45(m): 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
They are more than 3,000 illegal points to enter this country....but anyway they are just blowing hot air as they wont do anything
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by blacksta(m): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2012
mkmyers45: They are more than 3,000 illegal points to enter this country....but anyway they are just blowing hot air as they wont do anything

You read my mind -
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by atasteve: 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2012
what will they do with this information?
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by ochukoccna: 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
Except 9ja is a totalitarian state like North Korea, Iran etal or a ridiculously land locked country there's no way you can shut out your entire borders save you plant landmines and barbwire it.
Even mighty America's borders have many illegal routes yet their borders are not classified porous
Let's face it, it is not about illegal routes,[size=15pt]it is about our 19th century security forces fronting to cope with 21st century security threats[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by swiftycool(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
Was this just discovered? And yet the Nigerian customs pride themselves of securing our boarders for over 52 years yet they never knew this? Besides who R they fooling, we know that many illegal immigrants are aided to get long terrm residency through customs and immigration officers. That's y there R so many unskilled/semi skilled lebanese, jordanians, italians and Asians 4uking up and taking over the country's construction industry, while our own citizens who R engineers earn peanuts or remain largly unemployed in their own country!

PITY!
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by pzing: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2012
So no one has been watching our borders until the BH invasion. The foreigners are already in and are killing citizens at will.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Beaf: 1:48pm On Mar 15, 2012
I can show these kind folk parts of Seme border that they do not know exist.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by lacasa: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
Nawa oo
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by crackhouse(m): 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
eghost247: wow 1497 thats a big figure Nigerian Immigration Service what the hell you waiting for
is it immigration? Even customs needs to be there too just for the smugglers only.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by Blackteeth(m): 3:37pm On Mar 15, 2012
Maybe its good news so that if Nigeria becomes too jagged to live in we can exit the country through 1,500 routes without traffic conjestion.
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by eklassical(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
ochukoccna: Except 9ja is a totalitarian state like North Korea, Iran etal or a ridiculously land locked country there's no way you can shut out your entire borders save you plant landmines and barbwire it.
Even mighty America's borders have many illegal routes yet their borders are not classified porous
Let's face it, it is not about illegal routes,[size=15pt]it is about our 19th century security forces fronting to cope with 21st century security threats[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

*we need 0ur own GREAT WALL OF 9JA*
Re: Govt Identifies 1,497 Illegal Routes To Nigeria: I Say Add Another 1,000. by mpmp: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
Nigerian Government identifies 1,497 illegal routes into Nigeria? thats bull bull bull. How about through the international airport. How many illegal Africans pass through our international airport everyday but dont leave the country.

They enter on a premise that Nigeria shares a border with their country - which the ECOWAS allows, but nobody monitors their movement. If such people stay put in Lagos, is there any way a bonafide Nigerian can be identified on the streets of Lagos (for ex?)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Do You Trust More: ACN Or PDP / Many Countries Want Nigeria To Break Up Because Of Envy – NLC / RUGA: The Only Tribe Fulani Fear In Nigeria Is Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.