Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,627 members, 7,820,215 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation (3803 Views)

Eric Abidal Plays First Game For Barcelona Since Liver Transplant / West Brom's Defender Wipes His Bottom With Pack Of £20 Notes (PHOTOS) / Guardiola Would Be Perfect For Arsenal, Claims Former Barcelona Defender Marquez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by mukina2: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
Barcelona defender Eric Abidal is to undergo a liver transplant, the club have confirmed.

The France international had liver surgery a year ago after being diagnosed with a tumour.

The club statement said: "Given the development of his medical condition, Abidal will undergo a liver transplant in the following weeks. The transplant is an option that has been considered since the beginning of his treatment, one year ago.

"At the express wish of the player, the club requested the utmost respect for the right to privacy and confidentiality."
The transplant is an option that has been considered since the beginning of his treatment, one year ago.
Barcelona club statement.

Barcelona did not give any indication of for how long Abidal would be out of action.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1600606.html?cid=twitter_voiceofthesite
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by bigben3: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
Very unfortunate.wish him a safe transplant and a quick recovery!
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by dadicvila(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2012
Na wa oO!!!reminds me of how much we miss Antonio Cassano,All the best Abidal,a very reliable,smart and commited player
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by mkmyers45(m): 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2012
Wishes him luck
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by ammnesty: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by andyanders: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
We wish you a speedy recovery.
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by clemmonce(m): 3:23pm On Mar 15, 2012
just imagine say naija this guy dey play 4. they go don 4get am since. wish him quick recovery
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by nasty45(m): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2012
Na whic pesn liver they wan tk give am?GODSPEED
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by BigBenoski(m): 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2012
nasty45: Na whic pesn liver they wan tk give am?GODSPEED
messi's
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by freecocoa(f): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
Chei one of my fav players,wish him good luck and quick recovery,abeg make them give am person wey him liver strong o so him go fit still dey perform well.
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by Nwogbe: 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
Liver for sale here. If interested contact me through my mail.............@debrown@usa.com
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by medjai(m): 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2012
Get well soon King Eric
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by czay(m): 4:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
Abby! Wish you a successful transplant operation and besides a quick recovery afterwards...up barca!!
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by blankees(m): 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2012
Godspeed Abidal, kool and gud player.
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by MyVicky: 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2012
Wishing Eric Abidal a safe and hassle free transplant and a speedy recovery. Would be glad if the transplant won't hinder him from scoring against Real Madrid in the 2012 CL final come May 2012!!!
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by otokx(m): 5:56pm On Mar 15, 2012
Wish him a speedy recovery.
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by mamagee3(f): 6:11pm On Mar 15, 2012
Wish him a speedy recovery even though I hate barcelona.
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by phreakabit(m): 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
We are all praying for you Eric, good luck with your surgery.
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by phreakabit(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
mama-gee:
Wish him a speedy recovery even though I hate barcelona.

Still hating on Messi and Barcelona I see! There is still more than enough time for redemption from your present state. Clinging onto the railings of a sinking ship and pulling with the intention of slowing down its estimated time of submergence, would only result in you drowning with it. Make the wise decision and hop on the FCBarcelona bandwagon ASAP! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by nas00(m): 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2012
It is well. God be with him.
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by cisse7575(m): 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2012
you will be insha Allah saved in your recent bad medical condition. Amin
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by alfredo4u(m): 7:17am On Mar 16, 2012
Abi, thy Lord is ur strength. We barca fans club in Nija wishes u Gods favour and mercies. Get well soon. We luv u
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 16, 2012
i wish it was messi, God please, may chelsea not be drawn again barca
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by nasty45(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2012
E be lyk na dead body liver they wan tk giv am.cos na only one liver human beign get o
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by cynthiafred67(f): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2012
I wish him a speedy recovery..
Re: Barcelona Defender Eric Abidal To Undergo Liver Transplant Operation by cynthiafred67(f): 12:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
I wish him a speedy recovery..

(1) (Reply)

Manuel Preciado Villareal's Manager Dies Of A Heart Attack / Arsenal - Birmingham [ 3-1] on Saturday 17th october / Vfb Stuttgart Vs Bayern Munich (1 - 2) On Sunday 11th December 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.