Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport (61971 Views)

Colombia Places Travel Ban On Nigeria, 4 Other African Nations because of Ebola / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Kamali(m): 11:51am On Oct 29, 2007
Does anybody know the procedure for getting a new Nigerian passport.I learnt everything is online now.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Goshen360(m): 1:16pm On Feb 25, 2008
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/index.htm

get all details there , stay blessed
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Kamali(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2008
Thanks.I already got one.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2008
I hope someone knowledgeable can help,

I am a UK resident and applied for my Nigerian e-passport online today through the Nigeria Immigration Service. I followed the instructions and paid using the google checkout system. For some reason when I try to check my payment status on the NIS site it tells me that my application has not been completed/payment not made But I have paid $110 already!!! The google payment service says that my order has been delivered,

Can anyone who has followed this process tell me what to do/expect? I assumed that I would receive confirmation of payment and an interview date but nothing has come through yet. I am a bit sceptical about this system.

Also do I need a guarantor and if so do they need to fill the lengthy guarantor's form?

Looking forward to your comments/suggestions.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2008
Does anyone have any contributions to make regarding this please?

Thanks!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 10, 2008
@plum70
sorry 4 askin but why are you applying for a nigerian passport?
YOu can travel to Nigeria with your british passport,thats what i did.
I'm in Nigeria right now and have been for awhile now and i dont have a nigerian passport.
Are you sure you were at the right website?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by sfdaram(f): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2008
@plum70

your experience on the site was unfortunate but i will find out for you if there is anything u can do to get the process completed since u said u have paid online.

why applyin over there? hope you know that u must be in immigration office in person to scan .

ordinarily, d guarantor form is suppose to be filled by someone who knows you well but trust Nigeria system is not strictly adhere to.anybody does it especially if u contract the whole process out you dont even know who your guarantor is yet passport will come out provided u have paid.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 8:23pm On Jul 11, 2008
Thanx sfdaram. I have checked the site and the payment has finally gone through. So all good!!!

One more thing though, is the guarantor's form relevant for Nigerians who already hold a valid Nigerian passport and are now resident in the UK? Am I right to think that the form is for those who are getting their first passport and have not been to the UK? I am getting a reissue of my MRP but would rather go for the e-passport (I live in the UK). To be safe I got a family friend to write a guarantee letter stating that they know me blah blah blah,  Do you think this would be sufficient w/out the guarantor's form being filled?

HELP!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by sfdaram(f): 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2008
@plumb70

Note that the guarantor form is part of document to be summited for e-passport to be issued 2 u. it has nothin to do with the valid passport you have now or either been 2 uk b4 or nt, mainly for e- passport. the form is to be filled by ur guarantor(anybody can do it provided d information on the form is correctly filled). u dont need any letter just fill d guarantor form w information from whosoever wants to guarantee u. the form must be summited alongside with other documents.that all.

REQUIRMENTS FOR E- PASSPORT

1) All Nigerian by birth, naturalization and registration.
2) Guarantor’s form duly signed by a commissioner of oaths.
3) Photocopy of Data page of guarantor’s passport.
4) Photocopy National identity card or Drivers License.
5) Father’s Letter of consent for MINORS under 16years (Mother’s letter of consent in case of deceased father).
6) Marriage Certificate where applicable
7) Husband’s consent letter OR Letter of introduction for employee of government or corporate organization.
cool Court affidavit and police report in case of lost passport.
9) Birth Certificate OR Age declaration.
10) Letter of identification from Local Government of origin or residence.
11) One (1) passport photograph (120 x 140)
12) Acknowledge slip and receipt of payment.(NIS Card)

sola.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2008
Thanx for the info sfdaram. I am just perplexed at a few of the requirements. Letter of identification from Local gov. of origin or residence? I live in the UK and would not be able to get this before my interview date next week!   

As for the guarantor, my family friend is happy to do it but why such questions like (1) state assets of guarantor (2) their financial standings (3) the form has to be sworn to in front of a commissioner of oaths (I guess this can  be done in London) It sounds like a guarantee form for minors! I am married and live in the UK, unfortunately my husband is European so cannot stand in as my guarantor.

Anyway i'll just call the Nigerian Consulate in London and get more details.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by larger20(m): 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2008
call Nigerian consulate in UK
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 11:24pm On Jul 12, 2008
Larger, that's precisely what I said I was going to do.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by laralash: 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2008
Hi
Plum20, can you please let me know if you also had to fill in the online forms (there are still paper forms online which I prefer) and the guarantor's form? And does the guarantor need to go to High Commission to swear it in front of a Commissioner of Oaths? I know I should be calling the HC but I have been misguided in the past by their staff and would rather hear it from someone that's actually done it.

I need to apply for a passport for my children. My son's got one that's damaged, washed in the washing machine (hopefully they will replace with no hassle) but my daughter never had one as she's under 5 but I understand they can now get their own. If anyone's successfully applied for their children or replaced a damaged passport recently can you please let me know , thanks.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2008
author=laralash link=topic=89378.msg2536315#msg2536315 date=1216650428]
Hi
Plum20, can you please let me know if you also had to fill in the online forms (there are still paper forms online which I prefer) and the guarantor's form? And does the guarantor need to go to High Commission to swear it in front of a Commissioner of Oaths? I know I should be calling the HC but I have been misguided in the past by their staff and would rather hear it from someone that's actually done it.
I already hold a valid MRP (Machine Readable Nigerian Passport) and was due for a reissue (after 10 years). The passport application & payment (using mastercard/visa credit or debit cards) can only be done online via the NIS website (at least for the UK). I was at the Nigerian embassy in London yesterday and the docs I submitted were:

My original passport + photocopies of the data page, renewal page and visa page.
A copy of the duly filled and signed online e-passport application form, the acknowledgment slip (gotten once the online application has been submitted) and payment receipt (once the online payment is successful)
Two standard passport pictures

That was all! The most trying part was the 7 hour wait before I was called for my digital photo to be taken as well as finger prints. I'm due to collect my passport next week so we'll see.

I need to apply for a passport for my children. My son's got one that's damaged, washed in the washing machine (hopefully they will replace with no hassle) but my daughter never had one as she's under 5 but I understand they can now get their own. If anyone's successfully applied for their children or replaced a damaged passport recently can you please let me know ,  thanks.
Your kids qualify for their own passports and you will have to do so online as well. Take your son's old passport as well. If your other kids have never held a Nigerian passport then you may have to get a guarantor for them as well as a letter of Identification from their LG in Nigeria and their original birth certificates. The necessary info is on the Nigeria Immigration Service Site
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by laralash: 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2008
Thanks. Just need to figure out how to get ID for her from the local govt in Nig, considering she was born here , and how to keep a 10mth old entertained for 7 hours. Sounds better than getting it from Nig though where it allegedly takes the whole day e.g. 7am until midnight.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 12:24am On Jul 24, 2008
author=laralash link=topic=89378.msg2547521#msg2547521 date=1216833637]
Thanks. Just need to figure out how to get ID for her from the local govt in Nig, considering she was born here
If you have any uncertainties then give the embassy in London a call: 0207 839 1244 (ext. 211 for the passport section). The officers do try to be helpful although the info they give may not be 100% accurate (as was in my case).
and how to keep a 10mth old entertained for 7 hours.
You have to be very creative, hope your baby has a wacky sense of humour and finds it all amusing! The conditions in that 'dungeon' called a waiting area are (in my opinion) appalling for what an embassy should be - Overcrowding, insufficient ventilation, disorganization and noise pollution. Their excuse? the summer rush.  (Never mind the absence of any planning/forecasting, clear communication or processing efficiency.) Hope you have a better time than I did.
Sounds better than getting it from Nig though where it allegedly takes the whole day e.g. 7am until midnight.
It sounds better because our functionally dysfunctional system makes anything abnormal seem so! Sad,  Anyway, good luck with it all and let me know how you got on

Cheers
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by linksav: 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2008
Help me!

How do I get my money back. I was billed twice, the first time I got a message that my payment cannot be confirmed , then i tried the second time and the payment was confirmed but behold by the time I checked my account statement, I have been debited twice. the second problem is that I actually wanted to apply for ePassport I later discoverd that it was for MRP renewal.

please what should I do to get money back so that I can apply for my e-passport?

Thank you.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Ilelobola: 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2008
I'm trying to quell the pessimist in me. that's telling me you probably can't get it back. Wow!

Try these guys +234 (1) 2714449 or Email support@socketworksglobal.com. That's the contact details they have on their FAQ. They might be able to help.

And would anyone know if they still accept paper forms or does it have to be done online? What if I can't make online payments or don't have internet access etc?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2008
Try these guys +234 (1) 2714449 or Email support@socketworksglobal.com. That's the contact details they have on their FAQ. They might be able to help.
Yeap! Best start from there
And would anyone know if they still accept paper forms or does it have to be done online? What if I can't make online payments or don't have internet access etc?
Nope, it's all electronic now for the e-passport. Where are you applying from?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Ilelobola: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2008
From UK but would rather fill a paper form. sad Appears they still do paper forms in the US.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2008
Ilelobola:

From UK but would rather fill a paper form. sad Appears they still do paper forms in the US.
Only online applications in the UK. Why do you appear reluctant to apply electronically?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by joefit4gur(m): 12:36pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hey All,

I juss paid for my epassport yesterday, my interview date is on the 15th of August. Buh i have a problem, with some of theire requirements,

Where do I get a Guarantor? I understand from a post that I can use anybody,

What with the PARTICULARS OF ASSET (Cash Available, Names and Addresses of Bankers,Houses, Other Assets)

Please I need someone's help before the interview date.

Thanks y'all!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by bomata: 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2008
PLS IS IT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE THE DATA ON THE E-PASSPORT,my friends sistr wants to apply and change her D.O.B,
she has different D.O.B on her WAEC result and E-PASSPORT and she needs to apply for student visa in 2wks time and since it might take a long period to do that of WAEC,that is if it is possible to do that,so pls does anyone know if it is possible to do that of e-passport.thank you.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by sfdaram(f): 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2008
@bomata

is not possible to make any correction or change on the e-passport. you just ve to apply for another one.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by beninman(m): 9:03am On Aug 02, 2008
I want someone to please tell me how to apply for the national ID card and where to apply in Lagos. If I apply, how long will it take me to get one? Or is there options of applying for express National ID Card?

I need informations about this. Please reply here and let me know if you have the answers. Thanks
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by linksav: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2008
Thanks I wrote them with the email in their FAQ and I got this message Dear customer, The double payment has been confirmed. We will contact you as soon as the refund process starts. Have a nice day. I willbe applying for the e-passport while expecting them to make a refund. Or what do you think?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Ilelobola: 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2008
I agree, continue with your application and wait to hear back re ur refund. At least you'd get one thing out of it if the refund doesn't come . . . just kidding. Just follow up on it if you don't hear back from them soon.

And I really should get to grips with sorting out the form. I really am dreading it and I don't even know why, I like filling paper forms!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by bomata: 10:28am On Aug 04, 2008
sfdaram:

@bomata

is not possible to make any correction or change on the e-passport. you just ve to apply for another one.

@sfdaram
does that mean if she apply for another one she can change the D.O.B
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by sfdaram(f): 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2008
@ bomata

yes if she applies for another e -passport the correction can made not only that it simply means you just want to collect e-passport whatever information you feed in is what you will get again when it comes out.

nevertheless is there anything that is not possible if you have d money but instead of paying to correct just pay to get another one at once.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by bomata: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2008
bomata:

@sfdaram
does that mean if she apply for another one she can change the D.O.B
thanks sfdaram but someone told her she cannot change such data.i will tell her to go and try.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2008
Plum70:

Only online applications in the UK. Why do you appear reluctant to apply electronically?
joefit4gur:

Hey All,

I juss paid for my epassport yesterday, my interview date is on the 15th of August. Buh i have a problem, with some of theire requirements,

Where do I get a Guarantor? I understand from a post that I can use anybody,

What with the PARTICULARS OF ASSET (Cash Available, Names and Addresses of Bankers,Houses, Other Assets)

Please I need someone's help before the interview date.

Please, I do get on Yahoo IM a lot - Joefit4gurls@yahoo.com

Thanks y'all!
Where are you applying from?
I applied to attend my interview at the Nigerian Consulate in London and did not need a guarantor on the day. All I was asked for was:

1. A print out of online application form
2. A print out of acknowledgement slip of payment
3. Online receipt confirming payment and interview date
4. Photocopies of my Nigerian passport data page, visa page (if applicable) and observation page (where renewal stamp and change of name stamp was endorsed) if applicable

That was it!
I think (but don't quote me) that the guarantor's form only applies if you have not held a Nigerian passport to date/for a long period of time.
So depending on your situation, you may or may not need to go down the guarantor's root. Hope this helps
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by vimani: 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
I live in the uk and i am a nigerian. i applied for an e-passport and i paid. So now how and when do i get an interview date? Also this guarantor form business is very confusing, where on earth am i gonna find a magistrate court to swear at in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.