Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,614 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport (61974 Views)

Colombia Places Travel Ban On Nigeria, 4 Other African Nations because of Ebola / Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by jblenky: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2008
Does anyone know how to get a guarantor's form? Pls i need help immediately
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Plum70: 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2008
vimani:

I live in the uk and i am a nigerian. i applied for an e-passport and i paid. So now how and when do i get an interview date? Also this guarantor form business is very confusing, where on earth am i going to find a magistrate court to swear at in the UK?
Vimani, see my post above. I am a Nigerian UK resident and when I applied for my e-passport from the Nigeria Consulate in London I was not asked for a guarantor's form. However this may be conditional and based on: e.g., one already holding a valid Machine Readable Passport with valid UK permit; applicants above a certain age/non dependent).
If in doubt, call the consulate for some advice.

As for your interview date, if you paid for your online passport application via credit/debit card then keep checking your gmail account. Google checkout will inform you as soon as your card has been charged and payment completed. In turn, this will automatically trigger the allocation of an interview date via your NIS online account.

Hope this helps.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by charliebiz(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2008
@ jblenky
You can get the gurantor's passport by visiting the site and downloading it using the reference number and applicantion id
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by c0274309: 4:04pm On Dec 03, 2008
As expected due to processing issues.

SUSPENSION OF ONLINE VISA PROCESSING
THIS IS TO INFORM THE GENERAL PUBLIC (IN UK) THAT THE NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION LONDON IS NO LONGER PROCESSING VISA APPLICATION ONLINE.

ALL VISA APPLICANTS ARE THEREFORE ADVISED TO DOWNLOAD VISA APPLICATION FORMS ON THIS WEBSITE, AND SUBMIT THEM AT THE HIGH COMMISSION WITH APPROPRIATE PAYMENTS IN POSTAL ORDER MADE PAYABLE TO THE NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION LONDON.

PAYMENTS IN CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD CAN ALSO BE MADE AT THE NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

Head of Immigration

It'll hopefully get better as the initial ideology of online processing is a step in the right direction !!!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by luckyme9(f): 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2008
Has anyone tried any of the 3 embassies in the US lately?
It's becoming a nightmare. I'm glad I started early.
3 weeks ago my whole family passports were mailed to Washington DC
From renewal, re issue to child endorsement. Seven days
Later they returned everything, used my prepaid envelop
And wrote me a small note on top of one of my aps. mail
Them to New York.
Mailed to Newyork, 10 days later, they returned them to me
Asking me to come in person. I live in Chicago and I don't know
How many tickets I have to buy to travel to Newyork.
I have been calling all three of them for the past three weeks
Left tons of messages to no avail. Driving to newyork from
Illinois is not going to be fun in the winter. I'm almost helpless at
This point.
I gues I'm just going to try their e-style and cross my fingers.
Any help is appreciated
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Allta(m): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2008
Hi All,

I have a 5 year passport which was issued Jan 2004. This passport is due to expire on 6th Jan 2009 and here is me trying to figure out what next to do. I've considered the e-passport option but considering the fact that I can't get some of the requirements now , esp. the Local Govt. letter and my original birth certificate, or sworn affidavit. Although I would think that someone who has been in the UK for 5 years wouldn't need those two as I have my passport, Nigerian and uk drivers licence, national ID card etc.

So my questions are:

- Would I be able to apply for renewal of passport and if yes, would it be wise to do so before the date of expiration (Note: My passport expires in 3 weeks)
- If I wouldn't be able to do the renewal of passport (ie. the stamp which can be obtained in a day by paying £21); is it safe to go ahead with the e-passport application. If yes, wouldn't it be a problem if I get an interview beyond the date of expiration of passport?

I know there is so much question in this email, but please bear with me. It feels like I'm going through all the worries similar to procurement of visa in the first place. Na wa oO! Only God knows when all this Visa and Passport worries will end self!

Cheers and I look forward to someone's kind reply.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by sfdaram(f): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2008
@ ALLTA,

i wouldnt know if it's going to be different in UK but presently in nigeria there is nothing like passport renewal. once ur passport is about or expire, u are advice to apply for the e-passport no more renewal.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Allta(m): 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2008
Apparently, Naija Embassy London still issues renewal stamps. I thought they wouldn't give beyond 2010, and did fill an extension of only 1 year on my application form. Apparently they didn't even look or maybe care, anyways sha, I got another 5years extension.

This is after I've also managed to book an interview date for the e-Passport, so now hopefully in early 2009, I will have the luxury of 2 passports, one extended till 2014 and the new e-passport.

So to answer some of the questions from like minds as me, CAPITAL YES! Naija Embassy London still issues renewal, although e-Passport is the new system in place, so no more traditional re-issues of "GREEN PALI" - Like people have said above, you have to go online, fill the form, print the form, pay online via GOogleCheckouT (THis only accepted credit card, after trying about 2 different debit cards ie.)

If you couldn't pay online, then there is 100% no show for you at the embassy. You can save yourself waste of time in one of the dirtiest embassies in Central London by just following all the requirements.

Oh! You don't need any GUARANTOR FORM for NEw e-Passport, provided you're resident in the UK. By residence, I mean "Inde" or something like "HSMP, WorkkPermit, etc." not too sure about peeps on visiting visa though. Oh! Also again, you don't need any silly Local Govt letter of Identification if you're resident in the UK as well. Just a copy of your data page, renewal page(if applicable), Visa page, your passport, online form (printed & signed), confirmation of payment notice from their website, and I advise print the google page confirmation of payment too!

With these, you should be fine to get your e-Passport from an Embassy whose staff don't even threat their fellow countrymen as human beings. Imagine, one of the staff literally threw my passport at me. Yes, In as much as I'm very careful not to sterotype Naija Embassy Staff, well my experience there today certainly is a lot worse that I did at UK Embassy in Lagos, oh! and I certainly spent much more time at Naija Embassy than I did at UK Embassy 5 years ago.

God help our fatherland! esp. when the citizens are being threated as one overseas by their fellow contry men.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by luckyme9(f): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2008
Hi All,

I have a 5 year passport which was issued Jan 2004. This passport is due to expire on 6th Jan 2009 and here is me trying to figure out what next to do. I've considered the e-passport option but considering the fact that I can't get some of the requirements now , esp. the Local Govt. letter and my original birth certificate, or sworn affidavit. Although I would think that someone who has been in the UK for 5 years wouldn't need those two as I have my passport, Nigerian and uk drivers licence, national ID card etc.

So my questions are:

- Would I be able to apply for renewal of passport and if yes, would it be wise to do so before the date of expiration (Note: My passport expires in 3 weeks)
- If I wouldn't be able to do the renewal of passport (ie. the stamp which can be obtained in a day by paying £21); is it safe to go ahead with the e-passport application. If yes, wouldn't it be a problem if I get an interview beyond the date of expiration of passport?

I know there is so much question in this email, but please bear with me. It feels like I'm going through all the worries similar to procurement of visa in the first place. Na wa oO! Only God knows when all this Visa and Passport worries will end self!

Regards to your question;Yes it's OK to renew now, if I had listen to my husband, I would have scaled thru this epassport wahala. I dont think you need any more than your expired or about to expire passport to prove your Nigerian citizenship. I have just done mine actually on the 19th of this month, they told me it will be ready on the 30th
and they will mail it to me thru the addressed envelop I proovided.
I did all the online crap, fortunately I was able to make the payment at once, I printed both payment and acknowledgement slips, I got an interview date for 5 days later, of course this was Chicago to Newyork, so I had to buy
ticket the next day and flew down to newyork. fortunately again they attended to me after 4 hours of waiting.
Hoping to get the passport within the next week.
So, all they asked for was my old nigerian passport, payment reciept and acknowledgment slip.
Hope this helps
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by kafo: 9:45am On Jan 27, 2009
to luckyme9 i had the same problem hopefully you can assist me

i need help
so when you applied via the web how long did it take for them to confirm payment
and my second question had to do with the whole application type

i had a passport MRP but now have to get the whole ePassport thing my question is how do i get it to say re-issue and not fresh passport
on the acknowledgment slip it says Standard ePassport and the request says Fresh Passport
is it suppose to say fresh or re-issue

or did you just get a fresh passport even tho you previously had one
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by kafo: 9:46am On Jan 27, 2009
luckyme9 one more question

have you gotten your new passport back now
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by ochez: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2009
I lost my e-passport in spain, and i contacted the nigeria embassy here in madrid spain and they ask me to contact the festac office where i was inssured the previous one, and i have a copy of the e-passport with me, please who ever have an idea please contact me on my private email roland_benson2000@yahoo.com
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by cleakoms: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2009
Does anyone have an idea of how much the new e passport costs, in Nigeria.

I have been hearing series of prices from 20,000 to 25,000 naira, If this is actually true, then it's a shame
on the Federal governement and the president himself.

How can passport offices issue at different prices in a country that promises 7 point agenda,
I wonder what faith we Nigerians still have in that country.

If the federal government can not tackle obvious corruption like this, then why should people
believe in the president's promises of making the Nigerian economy one of the largest in the world.

It's so sad that I'm from Nigeria if this things still happen and the innocent people are left with no choice.

To be honest, i can't see any light at the end of the tunnel except i want to tell myself some white lies,

God help us cos the future is soooooooooooo dark
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by james2man: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2009
Nairalander pls advice me on what to do i trust you guys, i have 4weeks to go for my student visa interview but I'm having a different date of birth on my waec result,which is a mistake from my school.my waec result is the only thing having a different date of birth.I've got the e-passport already and the date of birth on it is as the same on my i-20 and some other professional certificate and my original birth certificate, can i still go with the waec result?
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by tuc: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2009
I was trying to fill an on line application form for e passport only to get stuck when it came to filling out permanent address section.  I reside in UK and the field does not allow any other address apart from Nigeria address.
The same thing applies to contact information field.
Does anyone who has already filled this form help me as to circumvent this problem.

Many thanks
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by chrisj2(m): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2009
they talk about dual nationality passport but there is no specific form for dual nationals. the form just assumes on is a Nigerian in Nigeria and the guarantor part is just too complex and unnecessary for someone applying for a dual nationality passport. What exactly is the guarantor guaranteeing and why go and sign affidavit about assets

It is hard to get a guarantor in the UK who has a Nigeria passport and is upstanding enough and willing to disclose assets and then go to magistrate court,
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by therichson(m): 1:20pm On Sep 20, 2009
You can apply or get info online search Nigeria immigration services online
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by steveunoma(f): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2009
Hello,

Please i want to get more info about this Epassport.

I am a Nigerian and i live in Germany with my family. I have the old Nigeria 5 years passport and it will expire Sept 2011.

I heard rumor's that from Jan 2010 or from 31 Dec 2010, the old passport would not be accepted when traveling or apply for visa.

I don't know if it is true or not.

My major concern is can i wait till my old passport  expire before applying for a new one?

Are the rumor true or not? If they are true, Nigeria Embassy in Germany don't have the Epassport yet (i called them on Thursday 19Th Nov) so i do not know where to start. But i am coming to Nigeria in March 2010 for 2weeks +, can i apply for a new passport in Nigeria? How long will it take for them to issue me one?

Would they collect my old passport from me when giving me the new Epassport? I hope not, cos my visa are in my old passport.

Please kindly advice and put my mind at rest.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by henmag: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2010
please il like to know how long it takes for an epassport to be ready in london n also i applied n paid online for d epassport but i was not given an interview date, what do i do?? thx
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Elaineh: 4:06am On Aug 09, 2010
Hi Henmag,
You were given an interview date. You need to get online to find out what it is. Go to -- https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/welcome and select "Query your application payment status", then enter in the pertinent info (application ID, Reference No and validation number if applicable -- hope you saved these during the app. process?). When you submit the info., your applicant details will show up including the date of your interview. Hope that helps!
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by henmag: 9:48am On Aug 09, 2010
thanks Elaineh.i got my intervew date which is on the 6 october but the date is not ok for me i would love to change it which i did but still giving me the same date, do you know how i can change my interview datecos i have been trying the normal proceedor but it's aint workingsad
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by Elaineh: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2010
I wasn't even aware that one could change one's interview date so unfortunately I can't help you there. I'm not usually one to recommend calling a Nigerian consulate/high commission but for what it's worth I think you should give it a try. Just ring them up and ask them what to do, or better yet go directly to the consulate and ask to speak with someone about it.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by 4realty: 11:03pm On Aug 25, 2010
@All, I need to change my interview date and I have been trying the reschedule your interview link but it keeps giving me the date I was initially given,Now am considering going to the embassy itself and sorting out with them face to face.I have tried calling the number ,and it this accent girls voice that keeps talking, repeating some stupid things and not giving me any option to speak with anyone and finally the line keeps cutting off.
Seriously need an advice as my interview date is still first week in sept but theres no way I can make it
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by 4realty: 12:48pm On Aug 26, 2010
hey Guys went there this morning and I was told I can come in after my date of interview and I will still be attended to!Gosh not much crowd outside though but dont know about the inside. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by pinklady40: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2010
i applied for the e passport about 5 days ago on line and was giving on the 17th of December 2010 for my interview date in uk but i have a problem with the date i need an earlier date because i need my passport to apply for my visa which is due to expel before then i am a bit worried on how to change my date to an earlier date .
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by geogentle: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2010
Please does anybody know the procedure to get a new (re-issue) e-passport? Mine is spent (not expired). I understand it can only be done in Abuja. I need info on the cost and how long it takes to get it done. Also, can I send someone to go do it for me? I live in Nigeria but not Abuja and not familiar with Abuja.

Thanks.
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by ayomikun20: 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2010
please my passport was misplaced by home office and its epassport please how do i aplly for a replacement because i heard a replacement cant be issued in uk pls i need advice on how to go about it pls email me on tunlove_bukky@yahoo.com
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by chinauzzy: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2010
Hi! I am currently residing in Canada as an International student. My passport will expire on the 5th of January. I applied for an e-passport electronically. My interview date was scheduled for the 7th of December but I couldn't travel to Ottawa for the interview on that date. I tried contacting the embassy to let them know that I wanted to re-schedule the interview but i received no reply until the 7th. I'm planning on going there on the 14th. Do I have to let them know or can i just go to Ottawa and do it? I was also wondering if I'll have to do my e-passport in Ottawa again after applying electronically?

Thanks
Re: Info Needed On Nigeria's E-passport by babsjnr(m): 11:18am On Jan 08, 2011
hello friends, i try to reschedule my interview date online @ nigeian embassy in london but still it won't change the date, guys please what can i do 2 reschedule my interview date early because i can't wait for the next 5 months for interview. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Allen Roundabout Wears New Look (Photos) / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / 5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Come To The UK Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.