Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour (23241 Views)

Don Jazzy Confirms That Young John Might Win The Best Producer Of The Year Award / Don Jazzy Confirms He’s Still A Member Of Cherubim & Seraphim / D'banj Finally Speaks On Mo'hits Split & Don Jazzy's Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by teefash01(m): 10:41am On Mar 18, 2012
D banj can be replaced,u can't replace IDJA , cos wande good pass am
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by eleshin(m): 11:13am On Mar 18, 2012
d'banj is average,donjazzy is extremely brilliant wen it comes 2 production.d'banj next album will sell like pure water bt d one after will show us why Donjazzy is so important to skibanj.
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by omar22(m): 11:25am On Mar 18, 2012
teefash01: D banj can be replaced,u can't replace IDJA , cos wande good pass am

Prodcers are like pure water.... so many Producers so many looking for artist and Dbanj has a big chunk in the Market
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by Afam4eva(m): 11:33am On Mar 18, 2012
omar22:

Prodcers are like pure water.... so many Producers so many looking for artist and Dbanj has a big chunk in the Market

There are so many talented and untalented up coming musicians waiting to be given an opportunity by producers like Don jazzy. Musicians are dispensable but producers aint.
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by eastOFwest(m): 11:47am On Mar 18, 2012
~Bluetooth:

All these okoro people sef.why the sermon on a sunday morning ? Dbanj gave jazzy a red card and you are yarning rubbish.JAZZY SHOULD GO TO HELL WITH HIS FU-CKING BUSINESSMAN SKILLS. singing [b]MOBOLOWOWON [/b]by D'banj

Give it up aleady! No one wants to fight with you. U r trying so hard to drag this into a tribal war, but it aint working mate. People are her giving thier honest (albeit flawed) opinion and all u can see is "okoro this", "Okoro that". Aint u smart enuff to get the message?

And what the Bleep is Mobolo...whatever?
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by baslone: 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
omar22: Can someone tell me another hit artist P Diddy produced after the death of BIG?
Can someone tell me another hit artist Jermaine Dupri produced after Kriss Kross and Da Brat.

The both could succeed from the split or they could both loose out, but Don Jazzy tends to loose out more.

Music business is more down hooking down an artist.Fast forward to 2012!

BIG is dead but P diddy is getting richer year in, year out, last I remember-he was worth about $500million as at 2011

Jermaine is worth about $65 million as at last year!!
Same dude is getting richer even after been declared bankrupt. His so-called best artist- Mac Daddy has gone bald and still wears his pants backward.
Pray dbanj doesn't stroll around Apongbon some day too!!!

Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by omar22(m): 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2012
BIG is dead but P diddy is getting richer year in, year out, last I remember-he was worth about $500million as at 2011

with Sean Jean worth around $350m like Dbanj he is a business man

The main fact Dbanj could easily learn how to produce music, Don Jazzy trying to sing?
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by coldplaya: 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2012
there aint no dbanj without don jazzy, dbanj is just an over hyped lucky dude and he just wants to wash his boxers in public, if you know what i mean.
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by phuckNL: 8:31pm On Mar 18, 2012
I don't know why you guys are going gaga over nothing.
Depending on how big the artist is in an artist/producer partnership, the artist almost always comes out tops. If Don jazzy had been a general/free for all producer, the case would have been different.
It would be very hard for jazzy to make another Dbanj.- As an example Damon Dash/JayZ. Damon dash claimed he made Jayz. Jayz responded in a track that since he made Jay Z, he should go ahead and make another HOV. Damon dash is still broke today. The ROC split hurt him more.
I believe Don jazz will be okay but it will be extremely hard for him to get to the Mo hits dayz.
Dbanj was/is the face of mohits. Fans identify with who they know on screen. There are still people who don't even know who Don Jazzy is. Dbanj on the other hand has thousands of fans. it cant be that hard to find a good producer.
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by Hoodrat(m): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2012
There are thousands of don Jazzy out there but there is only one Dbanj and there can only be one Dbanj.. For yall wishing Dbanj good or bad the fact still remain he is a Musician/song writer there for he is free to work with whoever he wishes to work with but please lets not forget Kanye west is a producer known worldwide for his unique productions that fetched him many gramy awards...For those saying Don jazzy this don jazzy that i recommend Jay-z Lost one for yall. That says it all.
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by londoner: 6:15am On Mar 19, 2012
Don Jazzy has already produced for artists bigger than Dbanj.

He has not lost out. Lets wait and see what Dbanj does. From the looks of it they are already trying to take his African-ness away. If he goes this way he will lose his fan base.

Apart from Dbanj's swagger......the main ingredient in ALL his songs was the production, the beats, the catchiness of the music.
From Tongolo all the way to Oliver twist.....it was the music that made the songs so catchy. Dbanj is talented, but he is going to see very soon, how important Don Jazzy's production was to his career. Can you imagine Oliver twists with its rubbish lyrics, being a hit without that hot beat? Come on...........lol

All were produced by Don Jazzy. Dbanj was a major part of mohits, but Wande was also a hot artist and when he was given attention, his songs were hits too.

They are both now signed to Good Music label.......time will tell which one proves himself more.
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by baslone: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2012
You can't take away that dbanj's stage presence!!

Nobody does it better than him in naija!!!
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by tiwola: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
READING THROUGH THESE TWEETS WHICH ACTUALLY DON'T CONFIRM ANYTHING AT ALL, I HAVE ONLY ONE THING TO SAY:
"I JUST HOPE THIS IS NOT JUST HYPE".

HOW IT COULD POSSIBLY BE HYPE?

COS WE WROTE A HYPE SCRIPT THAT HAS ALL THESE FEATURES FOR MOHITS AND A COMPANY CALLED ROBERT & JOHN IN 2009 FOR THE LAUNCH OF THE KOKOMOBILE CELLPHONE RANGE.

JUST HOPING.
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by yohannazack(m): 12:37am On Apr 24, 2012
Who doesn't knw dat man is naturally gridy? They can't stay togeda foreva. So it is d time they both go separate way. I wish them well all!
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by Adonis3: 2:02am On Dec 28, 2015
bookface:

If anyone stand a chance of surviving of the two, I'd stake a bet the person is D'banj!

D'banj is and has always been the 'product' that the market knows, accepts and pays for. Don jazzy may be a great producer, but then again, being a producer takes skills that can be developed by anyone, being a great artiste on the other hand is a God given talent, you are either one or you forget it and devote your life to something less enthralling like being a mathematician or a medical doctor.

Summary: Don Jazzy is replaceable, infact, thousands of people can be a Don Jazzy. . .D'banj is not! and the people want to listen to D'banj!

Ooops! 3 years later, u might wanna have a rethink wink

It's [size=14pt]ADONIS3[/size] baby... grin
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by Adonis3: 3:45am On Dec 28, 2015
londoner:
I feel sad for Dbanj, this will be the beginning of the end for him.

Don Jazzy was to his career , what Timberland was to Aaliyah's career.....integral.

Good music, does not understand and appreciate the vital ingredients in making Dbanj a hit in the African continent. They will try to make him as un-authentically African as possible. he will end up becoming less and less relevant and palatable to his African fan base and will be seen as a laughable wannabee by westerners.

Don jazzy will go from strength to strength though, he has already demonstrated that what he touches turns to gold. He worked his magic with Wande and at one point wande's songs got more airplay than dbanj. I also think Wande is more talented than Dbanj.

I doubt dbanj can replicate his appeal with another type of producer. He will go from being the face and embodiment of his music, to being the "African boy" among the westerners making a big fool of himself for acceptance.

He will not be able to feed this new image of himself back to Africans.

I'm looking forward to hearing Don Jazzy's new stuff.

Viola! The words of the wise. You're truly a foresighter (if there's any such word). Truly, you saw the future.. I envy your smartness and intelligence bro!

Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by Adonis3: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2015
pheesayor:
Don Jazzy was concerned about the masses, Dbanj was concerned about his ego.
Do you all wonder why Wande Coal's new singles sounded whack? Don J spent only two days working on those songs wasting all the time on Dbanj.
As for the kanye signing, it favors Don J more cos he was signed as a producer and has already co-produced already for GOOD music already.
Don Jazzy is the secret behind Dbanj's success, even a blind man will see that. Don J was JJC's co-producer before they came to Nigeria to take advantage of the Nigerian market.
DBanj is nothing without Don J, let's see how they survive apart but y'all should know Don J was the one who left their mansion and who says Dbanj has more money? Cos he said he owns mo hits and Don J is is his artiste?? Think well, look at their roles and see who earns more.
Unless he gets someone as good as Don J, Dbanj is finished, you can boiokmark my post for future reference grin

Done! cheesy
Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by Adonis3: 8:04am On Dec 28, 2015
fastmoney:

From your point of view i'd say you don't know alot about music as a business and form of entertainment, Being a producer is not a skill that can be developed by anyone, Its like saying anyone can become a doctor or an engineer, Check Don jazzy musical background and you would understand why his sound is different from other producers.what makes dbanj's music different from other naija acts is Don jazzys production which is the reason Don Jazzy didnt work with loads of other artist cos trust me the offers were coming.. Now as for Dbanj's talent being a gift from God i don't know how you came about that cos Dbanj is not the most lyrically talented or vocally gifted artist so im not sure what gift ur on about, don't get me wrong im not saying is wack but his type of music relies on the production effort and stage presence, think about it, Try listening to the acapella version of Oliver twist and you would understand what im saying. in my opinion Don Jazzy was the reason mo-hits got the GOOD MUSIC deal, Since that deal Don Jazzy has worked on a few tracks with kanye and Beyonce, i have not heard the Beyonce, do your research and find out how many producers and artist are currently signed to GOOD MUSIC including KID CUDI/ ONE HALF OF THE CLIPSE/ COMMON and recently MANNIE FRESH. Im not trying to down dbanjs music but honestly we all know kanye west has no business with dbanjs form of art.

Now if you ask me both Don jazzy and Dbanj would do very well due to their fan base and popularity, the ones we should bother about are the Mohits house boys like Dr SID.

Thumbs ur bro.. Another seer

Re: Don Jazzy Confirms Mo'hits Rumour by pheesayor(m): 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
I read my post again, 3 years ago yesterday and I marvel at how much I have moved on from secular music to other things. grin. But Like I said in the post that year, is Dbanj not finished?

Adonis3:

Done! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Grace Tinuke-Oyelude - The First Miss Nigeria: / Waje's Fresh Faced Make Up Free Photo / Photos From Shina Peller's Unity Cup As Davido Thrills Fans In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.