Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? (30019 Views)

Anatomy?,physiology?,or Medical Biochem? HELP!!! / **New**Opportunity for PHYSIOLOGY ,HUMAN ANATOMY and other BSc Graduates / Human Anatomy & Physiology Graduates: Lets Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Staicman: 10:11am On Mar 18, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Pls is studyin human physiology a sin in nigeria,many graduates ar out dere wit out no employment do u think dey can be self employed wen dey av alot of experience in medicine.i think dey shuld be allow 2 build dere own hospital or wot is d essence of studyin it den, pls ur view abt dis
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by ayojango(m): 8:00am On Mar 21, 2012
Ur degree does not determine who you will be, we hav engineers as bank CEOs and psychologist as journalist,it depends on wat u carve for urself.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by ritze(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2012
Its wrong to think is a sin but i do understand you anywayz
In Nigeria, you migth have to do DE into Medicine to really make it
Dont think about the duration
if you are really to excel, my candid advise is to get DE and get back to school
my 50cent dou
i stand to be corrected

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by ogamiologist: 12:14am On Mar 22, 2012
I have a B.Sc degree in Human Physiology and currently doing my Master's degree in the same Human Physiology.To me Physiology still remain the best thing in my life because its the subject of life.
When you consider the rate at which states in Nigeria is opening her own University, you will come to realise that those with degree(s) in Human Physiology fits in well as they will be the ones to lecture Students in Medicine, Nurse and even junior colleague (physiology).
Other places you could work includes:Airports, Seaports, Pharmaceutical coy (as Med. Sales Rep., Media houses (review Med. Journals), sells Medical (laboratory) equipment and the list continues......
You need a secured job not a lucrative ones. Emphatically, Physiology may not be lucrative (to you) but very very secured.
The problem of high level of unemployment affects all disciplines in Nigeria. The Federal Govt can only employ less than 5% of Nigerian graduates. The statistics also affects Pharmacist, Lawyers, Doctors, Economist, biochemist,Physicist, Physiologist, Artist, you think of any discipline.We all have our challenges "Not all that glitters is gold" Conclusively, Its NEVER wrong for you to have read Physiology. In God (The creator of the Universe) should those who trust put their trust.

8 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Liverpoolfc(m): 4:42pm On Mar 23, 2012
Thank you for this thread, i studied human physiology too, wt a gud grade and frm a reputable university, i dnt see anything wrong with physiology except that using it as first degree to get job is not easy. I hv just been invited to an interview in a pharmaceutical company, i will keep u updated about it. I intend /want to go forward to sch to do my mbbs or msc in pharmacology and clinical pharmacy. Lets physiologist meet here.
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Staicman: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2012
I believe we ar going 2 make it all,DE is not always an easy stuff in naija am intendin 2 cross 2 medicine.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by menek(m): 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
Liverpoolfc: Thank you for this thread, i studied human physiology too, wt a gud grade and frm a reputable university, i dnt see anything wrong with physiology except that using it as first degree to get job is not easy. I hv just been invited to an interview in a pharmaceutical company, i will keep u updated about it. I intend /want to go forward to sch to do my mbbs or msc in pharmacology and clinical pharmacy. Lets physiologist meet here.
pcn won't license u to practice with ur msc in clinical pharmacy. Pls find out unless u are heading to lecturing, however one with b.sc physiology can work with pharmaceutical company as sales rep. SWISS PHARMA is employing, u can apply for the sales rep
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Liverpoolfc(m): 8:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
menek: pcn won't license u to practice with ur msc in clinical pharmacy. Pls find out unless u are heading to lecturing, however one with b.sc physiology can work with pharmaceutical company as sales rep. SWISS PHARMA is employing, u can apply for the sales rep
thank u. If it is to lecture, its better to do msc physiology.
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Amehsly: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2014
Fellow physiologist, greetings. Which area of physiology is best 4 msc?
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Luchiana1(f): 8:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
Amehsly:
Fellow physiologist, greetings. Which area of physiology is best 4 msc?
my project supervisor said biomedical engineer, public health, or neuro stuff.. He was saying one shd diversify into tinz dt wld help in research for opportunities not just in pure masters physio
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by medpren: 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
Are you a Graduate of Physiology, Anatomy, Biochemistry or any other BMS discipline? Learn to become an entrepreneur with your BMS knowledge.
Your knowledge is valuable.

The best way to guarantee your future is to create it- Stephen .G. Haines
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by whitebeard(m): 10:22am On Oct 20, 2016
angry I will show u how great I am
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by GdexFolami(m): 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hmmmm,in Nigeria physio na fuckup compared to how we read in school.well God makes way where there seems to be no way. If you av d chance run to mbbs pls
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by jnichole(m): 10:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
hello house i just got admitted to physiology department in unizik but i want to switch to nursing
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Luchiana1(f): 1:15am On Dec 18, 2016
With N6600 you start your path to passive income. Where money will work for you. You get lots of money, your own car..laptops..house..land..schorlarship for anybody you choose. all expense paid international trips n so much more in Helping hands intl business. join n bring two active friends to join you. Not just a quickmoney scheme but an investment for the future.Be smart prepare for the future and this could be more than a side income for you. Join us HELPING HANDS INTL BUSINESS whatsapp08084226895 i will add you to our group
Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Chips16666: 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
What people in a Nigeria don’t know is that physiology and anatomy are premedical courses meaning that they are degrees that people earn before going to med school to study medicine and surgery . It’s like a predegree that is optional for you to do before studying medicine and surgery . But in Nigeria people think it’s is a main professional course. It’s not .

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? by Olufemisamuel: 12:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
I found this great article on the web about whether physiology is a great course or not.
The article really examined the worth of physiology in Nigeria.
You can read the article @ https://www.nigeriaboom.com/2020/07/is-physiology-good-course-to-study-in-Nigeria.html
I hope this really helps

(1) (Reply)

5 Nigerians Make Forbes ‘30 Under 30’ List  / Meet This Female Trailer Driver / School Or 6 Digits Income Per Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.