Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

What Can You Do With 2.5 Acres Of Land? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can You Do With 2.5 Acres Of Land? (2473 Views)

Business To Start With 2 Million / 100% Daily Picks(2-5 Odds) By Babjadol / What Will You Do With 2 Million Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Do With 2.5 Acres Of Land? by landt: 7:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
Please, I need your advice. Recently, I sold a property that I made over 3 Million naira profit from it. In an attempt not to waste it, I decided to quickly buy 2.5 acres of land in a very good area that came as an opportunity (less than a million naira though)while I still use the remaining money to buy land in another prime area in my state because I love buying landed-properties. Infact, I never thought of what to do with if before I went for it, Although I am not regreting in buying it because landed property will never depreciate.

Now, I am just confused on what to do the the 2.5 acres of land. I seek the opinion of friends and most of them were saying I should plant plaintain on it, some said I should plant palm tree that will mature in 4 years, some even go as far as using it to do poultry farm. I know that there are advanges and disadvanges in going for any of these businesses. The land is in Abeokuta Ogun state, some distance away (about 3 kilometers) from Federal college of Education Osiele (those that know Abeokuta very well)while I reside in Portharcourt Rivers-State.

Please kindly advice on the way forward. Candid opinion will be highly welcomed
Re: What Can You Do With 2.5 Acres Of Land? by sp2002(m): 11:21am On Mar 19, 2012
good day. your friends have given you the better way to use your land. any way my nbame is abimbola tajudeen, a poultry expert operating in ibeju-lekki axis of lagos state. i will advice you do poultry farming as the major agro biz on the land and plant other plants like plantain etc. if possible you can do piggery as an addition to the poultry business. i do establish poultry farm for new beginners. for more info call me on 08137775986
Re: What Can You Do With 2.5 Acres Of Land? by landt: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2012
@sp2002,

Thanks for you contribution, poultry farming would have been a good idea but the problem is that I dont live where the land is (Abeokuta), I reside and work in Portharcourt, so you can imagine the distance. The poultry, piggery or fish farming will reqire my presence most of the time and which is not possible for now because i am a salary earning, I dont work for myself. I believe poultry business is not what one can do in proxy.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Fastest Way Of Making Money In School? / 6 Companies With Offices In Nigeria We Can't Believe Are Real (Pics) / Fish Farming: Fortune For A Small Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.