Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ (2363 Views)

BOI Losses Court Case In Loan Dispute / Boi Increases YES-P Would-be Loan Beneficiaries From 1,200 Yearly To 4,000 / Kaduna, Dangote, Boi, Others To Acquire PAN – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 10:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
My fellow nairalanders please I need your advice or tip to serve my master successfully till my settlement without any conflict between us.
I wrote my waec this year 2016 but due to my financial background. I will not be able to further my education.
Honestly, I'm 20yrs old and the service may for 7years in the business.

Your advice is important.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by stagger: 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
weblord1900:
My fellow nairalanders please I need your advice or tip to serve my master successfully till my settlement without any conflict between us.
I wrote my waec this year 2016 but due to my financial background. I will not be able to further my education. I'm addicted to phone, internet,computer. I was the Computer departmental class monitor of my set in my secondary school (a Government technical college in Enugu state).

Thanks

The reason why Igbos are very successful in business is because those 7 years are the most treasured years where all they need to succeed in life is taught them by their masters.

My advice? Stoop to conquer. Endure every insult. Be very honest to a fault. Do not try to go ahead of your time. I tell you as a business owner. One thing business owners want is staff who are LOYAL, COMMITTED and HONEST. Those three assets can guarantee that you will serve the fullness of time and your master will settle you very well.

Also remember: nobody hates a humble person.

15 Likes

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by RedCapChief(m): 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2016
You are there to do two things:
- to learn
- to serve
Make sure you do them well. Don't get distracted by any other purpose

Commit yourself to your master's business. Let his business be your business. Take interest in every sphere of the business but don't forget that you are his apprentice i.e don't outshine your master.
He may yab you, yab your papa and even yab your unborn children. Swallow it and continue learning and serving.

In the end, diligent men always stand before kings and not mean men

5 Likes

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by egopersonified(f): 5:55am On Jul 06, 2016
Everyone, including our politicians, love honest people. Stand by your word. Let them be able to take your word to the bank and it will deliver. Do your job and do more than your job. No stealing, no lies. With wisdom, try to start something positive that no one has done before. Love your boss and Co workers no matter their attitude towards you.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2016
Thanks guys

stagger
Redcapchief
egopersonfied
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2016
cc: puskin , FOD, naijacutee, dominique
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by JohnNgene: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
Does your master sell phones or phone/computer accessories?

I hope he is not the type of master that will accuse his umu-boyi of stealing from him so as not to settle them after the seven long years of serving him.

Chai! I think SEVEN years is too long. I'd have preferred the option of you learning something like how to cut hair at a barbing salon near you. It should take you about three months to learn it. Afterwards, you can start working for that barber or work at another salon. Or you could look for work as a computer operator, salesboy, waiter etc and save up money little by little from your salary.

Nwanne m, jisi ike. Life is not easy. E go better. God is with you.

1 Like

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by kentochi(m): 2:07am On Jul 07, 2016
weblord1900:
I wrote my waec this year 2016 but due to my financial background. I will not be able to further my education. I'm addicted to phone, internet,computer. I was the Computer departmental class monitor of my set in my secondary school (a Government technical college in Enugu state).

Thanks
my brother open your eye gone are those days
when man will leave his home to serve another man for good 7 years !
God of mercy!
guy go and learn hand work and take yourself to school 7 years is not 7 days
go close to that school of ur chose work around the school set up business and run evening program or full time
you are 20 years now!
think bro think
but if you are that push and start type better go and serve ur oga and live your youthful age on HOPE!
good luck!
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 07, 2016
stagger:

The reason why Igbos are very successful in business is because those 7 years are the most treasured years where all they need to succeed in life is taught them by their masters.

My advice? Stoop to conquer. Endure every insult. Be very honest to a fault. Do not try to go ahead of your time. I tell you as a business owner. One thing business owners want is staff who are LOYAL, COMMITTED and HONEST. Those three assets can guarantee that you will serve the fullness of time and your master will settle you very well.

Also remember: nobody hates a humble person.

Op, I agree totally with this.

I only wish to add that you must also invest in your own education. 7 years is enough time for your brain to go to waste and you sound like a learned enough fella. buy books. read everything you can lay your hands on. study even while you serve your master. the world is full of people who started on their road to success just like you.

Always think outside the box. do not be afraid of your own voice. when others see problems, see solutions. the sky is your limit. forget the poster above me. He has no idea. there's no shame in serving someone if options to advance yourself are closed. so go ahead. but do not allow your brain to die. like i said, read and read and read.

Lastly, you love gadgets and tech right? and you already have a phone and internet connection. You could keep yourself connected by starting a free blog. use blogger so that you can monetize later. I work on my blog 2 hours every morning before i go to work. you can do the same, it doesn't stop you from doing what you must as an apprentice. but if you work it, you might be on your way to riches in 3 years. Don't mind anyone telling you there are too many bloggers. That's silly.

Ok i have to go. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 8:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
Thanks for your advice. I'm very much impressed.

JohnNgene
kentochi
delivite
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 9:51am On Mar 18, 2022
Still on it.. Less than 2years to go. E no easy but man must survive.

4 Likes

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by Emperordynasty: 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
[quote author=weblord1900 post=111138869][/quote]
Wow my brother you will succeed keep at what you doing bro...
I have a friend who was working for his Uncle who rented a large shop at my father's house as an apprentice since 2013, the deal was for five years so by 2018 he finished his service..

This youngman was very very faithful, in that he never stole from the man, avoided female advances like plauge ,worked seriously hard from 6 in the morning till 6 in the evening,
From Monday till Saturday,
He only had on Sunday to rest and he will still use it for evangelism being somewhat a man of God,

So he was very diligent ..when he finally ended his service..he was well settled and favour came all round..

Today he has a large shop of his own..
Already started the building of his own house,
Got married last year to the love of his life and he is doing fine..

Brother keep at it, use this last two years to plan your life and pray that God see you through..don't relent hard work pays

5 Likes

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 12:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Emperordynasty:

Wow my brother you will succeed keep at what you doing bro...
I have a friend who was working for his Uncle who rented a large shop at my father's house as an apprentice since 2013, the deal was for five years so by 2018 he finished his service..

This youngman was very very faithful, in that he never stole from the man, avoided female advances like plauge ,worked seriously hard from 6 in the morning till 6 in the evening,
From Monday till Saturday,
He only had on Sunday to rest and he will still use it for evangelism being somewhat a man of God,

So he was very diligent ..when he finally ended his service..he was well settled and favour came all round..

Today he has a large shop of his own..
Already started the building of his own house,
Got married last year to the love of his life and he is doing fine..

Brother keep at it, use this last two years to plan your life and pray that God see you through..don't relent hard work pays
Thank you.
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2023
Life is full of up and down .. If I had seen today 6 years ago I wouldn't have started this journey. 😭😭 ..

1 Like

Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by antiApc(m): 3:27pm On Feb 17
weblord1900:
Life is full of up and down .. If I had seen today 6 years ago I wouldn't have started this journey. 😭😭 ..

Damn...bro can u pls explain what u meant by this
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 9:03pm On Feb 17
antiApc:

Damn...bro can u pls explain what u meant by this
check first post on this thread
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by antiApc(m): 9:34pm On Feb 17
weblord1900:
check first post on this thread
I have....what happened along d line....didn't u get settled by ur boss
Re: Advice For A Young Apprentice ( A.k.a Boi Boi) Help!! ❤️ by weblord1900: 11:12pm On Feb 17
antiApc:
I have....what happened along d line....didn't u get settled by ur boss
https://www.nairaland.com/8004040/experience-after-serving-oga-7years

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Good Business Will This Amount Start Thanks / Legit E-currency Exchangers / Automated Daily Accounting Records For Filling Station Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.