Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,868 members, 7,848,522 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo (1267 Views)

12-year-Old Shot In The Jaw & Upper Lips By Fulani Herdsman In Jos (Graphic Pics / Fulani Herdsman Hoist Flag In Abia / OPC Marches Through Lagos, armed with Guns and machetes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by Chyz2: 4:14am On Mar 19, 2012
[size=18pt]Fulani herdsman machetes man[/size]

By Bode Durojaiye, Oyo.18/03/2012

A middle-aged man Deacon Pekun Olusola is lying critically at the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan , Oyo State capital, following severe machete cuts sustained in both arms and forehead after an attack by a Fulani herdsman.

The incident, the NATION gathered occurred at Aba Alata, near Ajagba village, along Awe / Iwo road, in the Afijio local government area of the state.

The man was said to have entered into an agreement with the Fulani herdsman known as Aliyu Raman to rear cattle numbering about 20 in his ranch.

But the Fulani herdsman was said to be selling the cattle unknown to the owner.

Some months after, the owner of the cattle decided to visit the Fulani herdsman in his ranch.

But Olusola was said to have been disturbed on noticing reduction in his cattle and demanded explanations from the Fulani herdsman.

He was said to have macheted Olusola in anger.

He also attempted to burn the motorcycle.

Olusola’s scream of pains attracted the attention of nearby villagers who promptly called men of the vigilante at the neighbouring Awe town.

They handed over the herdsman to the police.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/40146-fulani-herdsman-machetes-man.html
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by ektbear: 4:18am On Mar 19, 2012
Why did they hand him over to the police?
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by olayinka1987: 4:20am On Mar 19, 2012
Northerners are real savages lipsrsealed
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by Onlytruth(m): 4:20am On Mar 19, 2012
This is why I say never argue with a fulani man unarmed and ready to kill. Nuff said.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by olayinka1987: 4:21am On Mar 19, 2012
ekt_bear: Why did they hand him over to the police?

What a stupid question!
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by Beaf: 4:22am On Mar 19, 2012
I will keep repeating it that nomadic cattle rearing should be banned. It has become a guise for all sorts of crimes, from armed robberies to massacres to rap'e.

It is time to start shooting them if they are found with cows outside their states.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by ektbear: 4:23am On Mar 19, 2012
Kindly explain why this question is silly.

The guy was guilty of stealing his employer's property and then attacked the owner.

He is likely to get only a slap on the risk from the police...a small fine of some sort or very short jail sentence.

Otoh, if you snuff out his life, then that serves as a warning to others..
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by ektbear: 4:24am On Mar 19, 2012
With that said, this Deacon Pekun Olusola is a very big fool.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by ektbear: 4:25am On Mar 19, 2012
Beaf: I will keep repeating it that nomadic cattle rearing should be banned. It has become a guise for all sorts of crimes, from armed robberies to massacres to rap'e.

It is time to start shooting them if they are found with cows outside their states.

Well this man actually hired the guy to watch his cattle. So it isn't nomadic cattle rearing..
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by Onlytruth(m): 4:29am On Mar 19, 2012
A white friend who lives in the outskirts of town owns a pack of Rotweiler dogs. He also owns a small armoury in his house!
One day, he didn't like how one of the dogs snarled at his little daughter. Well, he shot the dog! cool
This is part of why I like white folks a lot. They don't act in stoopid ways most of the time. If this fulani dude was working for a white man, he wouldn't dare this type of nonsense or he'll be dead for sure. cool
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by olayinka1987: 4:30am On Mar 19, 2012
Beaf: I will keep repeating it that nomadic cattle rearing should be banned. It has become a guise for all sorts of crimes, from armed robberies to massacres to rap'e.

I agree. These "herdsman" get away with all sorts of crimes. Imagine this savage using cutlass on his boss after being caught stealing. The herdsman are getting out of control. A bullet will calm them down. angry
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by olayinka1987: 4:32am On Mar 19, 2012
Onlytruth: A white friend who lives in the outskirts of town owns a pack of Rotweiler dogs. He also owns a small armoury in his house!
One day, he didn't like how one of the dogs snarled at his little daughter. Well, he shot the dog! cool
This is part of why I like white folks a lot. They don't act in stoopid ways most of the time. If this fulani dude was working for a white man, he wouldn't dare this type of nonsense or he'll be dead for sure. cool

Don't confuse the average oyinbo for a gun toting rambo. The herdsman would've cut him regardless of color.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by Beaf: 4:33am On Mar 19, 2012
ekt_bear:
Well this man actually hired the guy to watch his cattle. So it isn't nomadic cattle rearing..

I don't think cows can be reared in Oyo state all year round, its too damp. The story might not be 100% accurate, I imagine that the victim might have ordered some cows, but the number came short; otherwise, he was a victim of fraud (and very near a murder victim too).

There are just a bit too many occurrences of violent crime associated with cattle rearers. It is high time the practice was rigidly standardised.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by Onlytruth(m): 4:34am On Mar 19, 2012
olayinka1987:

Don't fuse the avergae oyinbo for a gun toting rambo. The herdsman would've cut him regardless of color.

I doubt that because the "oyibo" would have studied him like a book. The fulani dude will only feel something hot enter his skull; before he can think about what happened, he'll be dead. cool
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by olayinka1987: 4:35am On Mar 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

I doubt that because the "oyibo" would have studied him like a book. The fulani dude will only feel something hot enter his skull; before he can think about what happened, he'll be dead. cool

Yes, in a dream world maybe.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by ektbear: 4:37am On Mar 19, 2012
Basically, if you know someone is at your house right now robbing you blind...

would you go to confront this person without a weapon of some sort handy?

What this Olusola fellow did was very stvpid.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by ektbear: 4:39am On Mar 19, 2012
Beaf:
I don't think cows can be reared in Oyo state all year round, its too damp.
Yes, they can. What would dampness even have to do with it? All you need is sufficient amounts of cattle feed and you are good to go.

Northern Oyo State is perfectly suitable for ranching. Plenty of land, no diseases/pests to bother the cattle..
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by Onlytruth(m): 4:40am On Mar 19, 2012
I guess that what I'm saying is that most "Negroid"(no pun intended please!) groups aren't violent enough, and fulani (a hamitic group) always sense this and take advantage.
While you are busy arguing with a fulani about some issue, he is already thinking about how to kill you. They take advantage of our nature.
I believe that one can change his "nature" though, drawing from experience of these types of stories.
Stay alive; don't argue with a fulani unarmed!
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by nduchucks: 4:43am On Mar 19, 2012
This news report get as e be. I don't believe the story is accurate. BTW this herdsman should be presumed innocent until proved otherwise. Shame on you all for rendering the herdsman guilty simply because he is fulani - never mind whether there is any evidence to support his innocence.

TO KEEP NIGERIA ONE IS A TASK THAT MUST BE DONE cool
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by 9javoice1(m): 6:00am On Mar 19, 2012
I told you all that Fulani's are wicked and evil minded. i know them so well, don't ever under estimate them nor use them as friends.

argue with them a little and they take weapon.

a Fulani friend of mine wanted to kill me one day just b/c we argue about Christianity, Islam, Jesus, Muhammad stuffs.
when the idiott felt am winning the discussion, he bring out dagger & stab from behind his friend that taught him how to buy and sell.
yes he stab my back as God's Love protects me, but i used wood chair there to beat him till almost dead, i don't know what entered me that day.

The worst thing about these folks is that their brother's comes to their defense no matter their offense.
they take us all as toilet tissue, and they call them-selfs prince and princess.

Nobody should trust this folks. they are evil. i made the mistake in the past and will never do it again, i was told but i blv not till i almost pay with my life.
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by oduasolja: 9:31am On Mar 19, 2012
9ja voice: I told you all that Fulani's are wicked and evil minded. i know them so well, don't ever under estimate them nor use them as friends.

a Fulani friend of mine wanted to kill me one day just b/c we argue about Christianity, Islam, Jesus, Muhammad stuffs.
when the idiott felt am winning the discussion, he bring out dagger & stab from behind his friend that taught him how to buy and sell.
yes he stab my back as God's Love protects me, but i used wood chair there to beat him till almost dead, i don't know what entered me that day.

The worst thing about these folks is that their brother's comes to their defense no matter their offense.
they take us all as toilet tissue, and they call them-selfs prince and princess.

Nobody should trust this folks. they are evil. i made the mistake in the past and will never do it again, i was told but i blv not till i almost pay with my life.

EWOHHHHHH
Re: Fulani Herdsman Machetes Man In Oyo by polokor60(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2012
9ja voice: I told you all that Fulani's are wicked and evil minded. i know them so well, don't ever under estimate them nor use them as friends.

experience is the best teacher.

(1) (Reply)

Video Of The Kaduna Bomb Blast: Viewers Descretion Is Advised! Really Graphic! / Who Has Better Road Network In Nigeria?The North Or South? / Photos Of Edo State Governor Adams Oshiomhole Queueing For Accreditation (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.