Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,490 members, 7,958,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Questions For The Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For The Atheist. (1404 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / The Atheist Creed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For The Atheist. by ndidibabe(f): 8:07am On Mar 19, 2012
I am not here to condemn you but i will like to know the following: (1)How do you discern between good and bad? (2)Who do you cry unto in times of trouble? (3)Who do you praise/thank when good things happen to you?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by Sisterfatie(f): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2012
@op
1-as long as what i do doesn't harm someonelse then its not wrong e.g gay sex.
2-i don't cry to any body when i'm in trouble i do my best not to make mistakes, but when i do itry to correct them or face the music.
3- same answer as no 2 i thank the person who aided the event or i cogratulate myself for a job well done.
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 10:01am On Mar 19, 2012
The society has laid down rules about what is good and what is bad, I try to live by them. . .Those I feel are not good for me i discard. . .I cry to friends, family or people in authority when am in need of help or in danger. . .There are times that I mess up and just face the music of my bad decisions. .I thank people around that assisted me, if i did it all alone then i feel good for my achievement. . .
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by ndidibabe(f): 12:02pm On Mar 19, 2012
Do u think Satan exist? If yes, how does he operate? When you die, how do u wish to be buried? Do you engage in naming ceremonies? If yes, who officiated/will officiate in you child's naming ceremony?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by ndidibabe(f): 12:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
Are you married to an Atheist like you? If single, must you marry an Atheist like you? Do you say any prayer at all, maybe to some gods or something?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
ndidibabe: Do u think Satan exist? If yes, how does he operate? When you die, how do u wish to be buried? Do you engage in naming ceremonies? If yes, who officiated/will officiate in you child's naming ceremony?

No, I don't think satan exist. . .When i die i will like to be buried. . .But will like do donate my important organs like heart and brain for brain research. . .I do engage in naming ceremonies. . . .No body will officiate my child's naming ceremony. . . .
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2012
ndidibabe: Are you married to an Atheist like you? If single, must you marry an Atheist like you? Do you say any prayer at all, maybe to some gods or something?

Not married. . . mustn't marry an atheist. . .don't say or pray at all. . .
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by manmustwac(m): 12:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
ndidibabe: I am not here to condemn you but i will like to know the following: (1)How do you discern between good and bad? (2)Who do you cry unto in times of trouble? (3)Who do you praise/thank when good things happen to you?
1)What has good or bad got to do with religion? Don't you think it has more to do with common sense. Our Politicans Judiciary Police and even Pastors are all religious like you and are amongst the most wicked and corrupt in the world. Don't you think they know right from wrong?

2)NOBODY! Just take the bull by the horns, look the bull straight in the eyes and deal with the situation

3)Ol Boy if anything good happens to me it would be through my hardwork and perseverance. Right now am working on some songs in my home recording studio and hope to comeout with some hits that should male the top 40. Amd when that dose happen it won't be because of some (imaginary) jesus or Allah dude.
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by ndidibabe(f): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje:

Not married. . . mustn't marry an atheist. . .don't say or pray at all. . .
Bro, this is serious o. If you marry somene you do not share thesame belief with, then you can not have a happy home. Most xtians/muslim won't marry atheist anyway. All the very best.
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by noetic16(m): 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
Sister fatie: @op
1-as long as what i do doesn't harm someonelse then its not wrong e.g gay sex.
2-i don't cry to any body when i'm in trouble i do my best not to make mistakes, but when i do itry to correct them or face the music.
3- same answer as no 2 i thank the person who aided the event or i cogratulate myself for a job well done.

1. atheism has long been identified as a mechanism through which people choose to be non accountable. Gay sex is wrong and bad. Good and bad are written on our individual consciences. Justifying your peccadilloes does not make it right.

2. No 2 is a nice one. but trust me, when you feel helpless and know that there is no help anywhere far or near, you would appreciate the power of prayers.

3. Acknowledgement is good. but how about thanking the giver of life?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by noetic16(m): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje: The society has laid down rules about what is good and what is bad, I try to live by them. . .Those I feel are not good for me i discard. . .I cry to friends, family or people in authority when am in need of help or in danger. . .There are times that I mess up and just face the music of my bad decisions. .I thank people around that assisted me, if i did it all alone then i feel good for my achievement. . .

sounds like a theory book on atheism. The truth is that day to day life leaves gap of questions that demand answers. These answers include the question marks on our individual consciences about right or wrong and the origin of life as a whole. Whether you acknowledge the need for a creator or not, you would at least acknowledge that there has to be a purpose behind this material world.
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by noetic16(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje:

No, I don't think satan exist. . .When i die i will like to be buried. . .But will like do donate my important organs like heart and brain for brain research. . .I do engage in naming ceremonies. . . .No body will officiate my child's naming ceremony. . . .

grin Donating your organs does not mean u will make heaven grin grin
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2012
noetic16:

sounds like a theory book on atheism. The truth is that day to day life leaves gap of questions that demand answers. These answers include the question marks on our individual consciences about right or wrong and the origin of life as a whole. Whether you acknowledge the need for a creator or not, you would at least acknowledge that there has to be a purpose behind this material world.

Purpose is what you make of it and is subjective. . . . .right or wrong are also subjective. . . .
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2012
noetic16:

grin Donating your organs does not mean u will make heaven grin grin

I don't want to go to heaven. . .besides heaven is an imaginary place. . . .
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by noetic16(m): 1:17pm On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje:

I don't want to go to heaven. . .besides heaven is an imaginary place. . . .

grin so where do you want to go to when you die?
Suppose you die and realise that heaven and hell are real and not imaginary, would you still want to go to heaven?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
noetic16:

grin so where do you want to go to when you die?
Suppose you die and realise that heaven and hell are real and not imaginary, would you still want to go to heaven?

I wish there was a heaven to go to. . .Personally I will like to go to the muslim heaven, it sounds interesting and captivating, but its all fictitious and imaginary. . .
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by noetic16(m): 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
mazaje:

I wish there was a heaven to go to. . .Personally I will like to go to the muslim heaven, it sounds interesting and captivating, but its all fictitious and imaginary. . .

grin grin so you are actually keen on allah's 72 virgins? lol
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2012
Who wouldnt want and endless flow of women and rivers flowing with wine. . . grin grin
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by mazaje(m): 6:00pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^
Who wouldnt want and endless flow of women and rivers flowing with wine a midst other things like the ability to fly around like birds. . . grin grin
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by thehomer: 8:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
ndidibabe: I am not here to condemn you but i will like to know the following: (1)How do you discern between good and bad?

That depends on what you mean by good and bad.

ndidibabe:
(2)Who do you cry unto in times of trouble?

I don't cry.

ndidibabe:
(3)Who do you praise/thank when good things happen to you?

The person who did the good deed. If there is no such person, I'll continue being happy with the situation.
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by emofine2(f): 4:08am On Mar 20, 2012
ndidibabe: (1)How do you discern between good and bad?

Let me ask you a question. How did you manage to discern when you were once an "unbeliever" (assuming you were not born into your current religion) that it was somehow good and not bad to adopt your present belief-system?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by dekung(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
ndidibabe: I am not here to condemn you but i will like to know the following: (1)How do you discern between good and bad? (2)Who do you cry unto in times of trouble? (3)Who do you praise/thank when good things happen to you?
1. I don't haave to discern, I know what is good by studying the common law of the land and try to follow them to the best of my ability
2. I stopped crying since I changed my belief system. I face bad situations squarely, try my best to turn things in my favour and if I fail, I go back to the drawing board nd restrategise. I stopped waiting for sky daddy cos he never on time, always absent and never moved.
3. People who helped me nd myself.
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by dekung(m): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
noetic16:
Whether you acknowledge the need for a creator or not, you would at least acknowledge that there has to be a purpose behind this material world.
What is the purpose of a volanic eruption, tsunami, huricane, floods, earth quake, mudslide and solar flares etc. While thee phenomenon have known causes, their purpose to life or otherwise is still in question. When this things occur they cause great destruction but afterwards some of them give rise to scenic landforms can we then say that their purpose is to create land forms?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by noetic16(m): 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2012
dekung:
What is the purpose of a volanic eruption, tsunami, huricane, floods, earth quake, mudslide and solar flares etc. While thee phenomenon have known causes, their purpose to life or otherwise is still in question. When this things occur they cause great destruction but afterwards some of them give rise to scenic landforms can we then say that their purpose is to create land forms?

lol, yours is a lousy argument. By purpose, I refer to the matrix of this material existence. It is inconceivable that all of this came out of nothing (nothing means without a super-intelligence). Hence, the purpose of creation in lieu of the complexity of the solar system, universe and other factors is far beyond the scope of our collective intelligence. Science has been humble enough to admit this.
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by thehomer: 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2012
noetic16:

lol, yours is a lousy argument. By purpose, I refer to the matrix of this material existence. It is inconceivable that all of this came out of nothing (nothing means without a super-intelligence). Hence, the purpose of creation in lieu of the complexity of the solar system, universe and other factors is far beyond the scope of our collective intelligence. Science has been humble enough to admit this.

What sort of definition of nothing is that? That sounds like begging the question or simply using a poor definition.

You say that you do not know that there is a purpose for the solar system and other objects and phenomena. How do you know that there is a purpose for it? Also, what has science been humble enough to admit?
Re: Questions For The Atheist. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Lol.. Before anony and logicboy got here..
Na their battleground be dis...

Bump..

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Pastor Wears Condom, Rȃpěs Married Woman In His Car / Interview With Prof Paul Emeka On The Crisis In Ag-nigeria / D Evil Of Jihad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.