Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,520 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out (4866 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Enugu Vs Fulani:hausa/fulani Have All Fled Uzo Uwani As Youths Explodes / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Tinyemeka(m): 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
Odunnu:
I owe you a drink cheesy. Lets hook up at 8hrs tonight lemme blow your mind

Hmm.. See neighbours. I never knew you were resident in Enugu. smiley

@ OP, a point to note however, is that most times the power issue may be restricted to a single transformer which then affects that area (sometimes for protracted periods). But people tend to blow it out of proportion and make it seem as if the entire PHCN or even the govt has forgotten about them.

Where I stay in Enugu, power has been strangely very steady. When it goes off, it hardly lasts up to 30mins before being restored.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Afam4eva(m): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Am very sure am not the one you are reffering to as "kids" ! When its time for you to bash Gov. Obi you will throw caution out of the window but now you are quick to call me "ignorant"! I just want you to remenber this little conversation when next you miss ur dose!

How is evaluating Obi's performance bashing? I'm an Igbo Nigeria and i think it's my prerogative to comment on a political situation that i deem fit. If Obi is doing well i will praise him and if he's not doing well i will blow it in the open.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by MeAboki(m): 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
ACM10: Good to know that some of my favourite posters like Afam4Eva, OneNaira, Bashr stays in Enugu. I thought that I'm lonely here.

My area in GRA used to have light for 18hrs of the day. But since the Kainji dam issues came up, it has dropped to 8hrs of the day. The most painful one is the prolonged power outage in the night. Especially now that the weather is so hot. It's been a regular occurence for 1week running.

Kai, see how some people are enjoying oo: To best of my knowledge no area in my state (Kano) enjoys 18 hours of power; in consequence most of our factories and industries have been forced to close down. In my area (also in the G.R.A.)we are lucky to have 1-3 hours every two other days or so, our light bulbs serve only as decorations but for the few of us who can still afford fuel for our generators, in fact my car boot is perpetually laden-ed with fuel jerrycans.

So this is how you people in the South have all along been enjoying our Kainji generated power from the North; while we in the North are being kept in almost total darkness - and yet, you are still complaining, na wa oo shocked shocked.
Well, enjoy it while you can (anyway, na una broda dey Aso Rock); but soon we too will have to start our own campaign for resource control (yes,50%) so make una dey ready to pay more for future Northern generated electricity cheesy grin
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by ACM10: 10:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
Me_Aboki:

Kai, see how some people are enjoying oo: To best of my knowledge no area in my state (Kano) enjoys 18 hours of power; in consequence most of our factories and industries have been forced to close down. In my area (also in the G.R.A.)we are lucky to have 1-3 hours every two other days or so, our light bulbs serve only as decorations but for the few of us who can still afford fuel for our generators, in fact my car boot is perpetually laden-ed with fuel jerrycans.

So this is how you people in the South have all along been enjoying our Kainji generated power from the North; while we in the North are being kept in almost total darkness - and yet, you are still complaining, na wa oo shocked shocked.
Well, enjoy it while you can (anyway, na una broda dey Aso Rock); but soon we too will have to start our own campaign for resource control (yes,50%) so make una dey ready to pay more for future Northern generated electricity cheesy grin

No probs bro, cool remeber that we have the option of coal(remember Coal City) and hydro(remember that river Niger flows through our region too). Besides we have a sizeable deposits of natural gas in some southeastern states. So we can easily switch source. grin

Don't shout marginalisation yet because it's only some parts of Enugu that enjoys that prolonged hour of power supply. It's a diffrent story in some other parts. Moreover the power situation is very bad in southeast in general. If you doubt me, seek for the opinion of Onitsha, Aba or Umuahia residents
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by MeAboki(m): 11:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
^^^LOL, no problem; but in the mean time while you are still enjoying Kainji power you guys must be ready pay us our 13% derivation. grin grin
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by ACM10: 12:53am On Mar 20, 2012
Me_Aboki: ^^^LOL, no problem; but in the mean time while you are still enjoying Kainji power you guys must be ready pay us our 13% derivation. grin grin

he he he
Remember that Kainji dam is a hydro power source. In essence, can be listed as an offshore asset(since it's not located on land) cool. Therefore no one can lay claim to it as far we are in one country. grin
Therefore, 13% derivation is debatable. tongue
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by soma042(m): 8:39am On Mar 20, 2012
00000000000444444444442222222222222 ebi like say na u guys owns this nairaland.
me i day marcus garvey new haven, i hail you allllllll.
yarimas i still day hail u too (cowbells)

we love u soli soli

Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by OneNaira6: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2012
ACM10: Good to know that some of my favourite posters like Afam4Eva, OneNaira, Bashr stays in Enugu. I thought that I'm lonely here.

My area in GRA used to have light for 18hrs of the day. But since the Kainji dam issues came up, it has dropped to 8hrs of the day. The most painful one is the prolonged power outage in the night. Especially now that the weather is so hot. It's been a regular occurence for 1week running.

I don't stay in Enugu, I'm not even in the country, I just remembered how Enugu was when I used to visit it.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Odunnu: 11:07am On Mar 20, 2012
Representing!!!!

Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by cecegorz(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2012
Odunnu:
I owe you a drink cheesy. Lets hook up at 8hrs tonight lemme blow your mind
Heheheehe. Ms Odunnu, thanks for the offer.
Though am not down with the choice of venue
(I've not heard good reviews about 8hrs) but i know we can get a better joint.
Well, if you can PM me your digits or PIN, i'll let you know whenever i'm in town.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by nedu210(m): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2012
I feel de pain of my uwani brodas, they should just remember how it use to be b4 december and hav patience, in my area at abakalilki road GRA, we enjoy about 20 to 22 hours power supply. B4 i 4get they should take de matter to oga eseme udo on wetin de shele on wednesday at coal city fm and their problem will be looked into. I believe very soon uwani will come back to what it use to be b4. O42 di OK.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Ignatio(m): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2012
That's my former hood!
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by ACM10: 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
Power outage in GRA has worsened since they did some repair works at Kainji dam. The total light hours per day has dropped from 8hrs/day to 1hr/day on the average. Something has to be done about it oo or we'll take our grievances to the street, just like our brothers did at Uwani.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of A Slaughtered Muslim Soldier In Gonin Gora, Kaduna. / FG To Generate 5000MW Of Electricity By June 2013. / Radio Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Recruits Rev. Sisters! - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.