Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,542 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out (4861 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Enugu Vs Fulani:hausa/fulani Have All Fled Uzo Uwani As Youths Explodes / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by mukina2: 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2012
A Nigerian Newspaper correspondent, who monitored the protest, said the youths blocked the major exit roads in the area, restricting the residents to their homes until mobile policemen were drafted to clear their barricades. Some of the youths carried placards with inscriptions, ‘No light no road,’ as they chanted “NEPA enough is enough, give us light, we cannot continue in darkness.”
One of the protesters disclosed the whole area had been in darkness since December “and we have made several attempts to PHCN to rectify the anomaly but all in vein. We cannot continue our lives in darkness. PHCN has failed us.” he said.
The protesters insist the action is the only way to express their frustration since officials of PHCN are not ready to address their suffering.
Reacting to the protest, the Police Public Relations Officer in Enugu State, Mr. Ebere Amaraizu, said the command had deployed policemen to the area to observe the protest, adding that the early morning protest was a result of PHCN blackout “but our concern in the state is to keep the peace.”
Residents of the area, including school children, workers, artisans and traders were stranded as the protesters kept off transporters.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/19/enugu-youths-protest-against-4-months-black-out/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Godmann(m): 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2012
mukina2:

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/19/enugu-youths-protest-against-4-months-black-out/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

I suppose they all participated in manufacturing the Bogus number for GEJ. Sorry my Bros. You sold out. refused to join us when we wanted to give ourselves a future.

Think about 2015.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
uh uh o.

They should not protest. The way they open their mouth on NL, you'd think the South East is working.

Their case is a simple "Suffering while tribalising".
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Korrection(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2012
O boy heat wan kpai person....no light since yesterday......benin was predicted 38 dgrees today..i tot it was a joke but i swear its over 50...even with Gen and fan......for where?? I can feel those guys pains ...i swear
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by atuboweke(m): 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2012
uh uh o.

They should not protest. The way they open their mouth on NL, you'd think the South East is working.

Their case is a simple "Suffering while tribalising".

Is Nepa not a FEDREAL GOVT AGENCY....why blaming the South East. The way the Ofe MManu people get mad over Igbo issues is becoming alarming and i wonder why?
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 19, 2012
atuboweke: uh uh o.

Is Nepa not a FEDREAL GOVT AGENCY....why blaming the South East. The way the Ofe MManu people get mad over Igbo issues is becoming alarming and i wonder why?

Who is blaming the SE here?

A better question, are you confident enough to scan and attach your WAEC, JAMB scores in your next reply?
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by atuboweke(m): 3:27pm On Mar 19, 2012
The way they open their mouth on NL, you'd think the South East is working

Who is blaming the SE here?

A better question, are you confident enough to scan and attach your WAEC, JAMB scores in your next reply?

I'v taken my time to study all your post and my conclusion is that u are just one wicked yoruba specie , with cutlass marks all over your face breaming with anger over all Igbo Issues.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
atuboweke: The way they open their mouth on NL, you'd think the South East is working
I'v taken my time to study all your post and my conclusion is that u are just one wicked yoruba specie , with cutlass marks all over your face breaming with anger over all Igbo Issues.

So you think I have "cutlass marks" and possibly "wicked" just because I'm Yoruba?

Like I said, your case is a simple "suffering and tribalising".

Have you bought your candles and generator for the next few months.

Simple quoting, you cannot do. You don suffer through JAMB re-dos and re-don'ts huh.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Afam4eva(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2012
That's my area. They should keep protesting and hope the power issue gets resolved.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Standing5(m): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2012
I hopE they learn from this. No be by my brother is in power
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by cecegorz(m): 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
That's strange for Uwani residents.
Must be a kinda transformer issue within that vicinity.
New Haven/Independence layout enjoys an average of 20hours supply daily!
You can live there without owning a Gen, and still have ice cubes for your smoothie!
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva: That's my area. They should keep protesting and hope the power issue gets resolved.

So,its your area ? Am surprised you never discussed it but its easy for you to come here and start criticizing Obi as a slow Governor! I will advice some people to remove the log in their eyes before looking for a speck in another persons eyes! Only Enugu city is developed in all Enugu state!
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by achi4u(m): 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva: That's my area. They should keep protesting and hope the power issue gets resolved.
castigating other people's shortcoming is not a way of life.

'ihe onye turu afia ya ka aga azutara ya'
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

So,its your area ? Am surprised you never discussed it but its easy for you to come here and start criticizing Obi as a slow Governor! I will advice some people to remove the log in their eyes before looking for a speck in another persons eyes! Only Enugu city is developed in all Enugu state!

Keep this thread civil and desist from flinging any mud please. You guys should behave yourselves. Unu kwusi ikpari onwe unu na iru ora mgbe nile. O gini di?
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by OneNaira6: 5:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
cecegorz: That's strange for Uwani residents.
You can live there without owning a Gen, and still have ice cubes for your smoothie!

So true. Independence layout has very little issue with power.
That is the problem with Enugu, their government is doing wonders but sometimes they neglect some areas in Enugu.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by OneNaira6: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Was that really necessary?
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Afam4eva(m): 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

What's this talk about. We're talking about the nationally renowned PHCN(Nepa) and you're talking about how it discredits Enugu as if it's not the same all over the country. Are state government now responsible for suplying power? Were you maasturbating when you wrote this? Jeez.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Odunnu: 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
cecegorz: That's strange for Uwani residents.
I owe you a drink cheesy. Lets hook up at 8hrs tonight lemme blow your mind
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Dainfamous: 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
nawaooo
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Krazylover: 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2012
They should not protest. The way they open their mouth on NL, you'd think the South East is working. [img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by NEROSKY(m): 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2012
is a kinda fault 4rm ur tranformer cuz both rural nd urban area in Enugu enjoy 2much light expect D talking vicinity's transformer has fault,am 4rm Enugu bt i reside in lag schlin in Enugu(imt) bt am curently in lag due 2 strike..so Enugu enjoys 18hours of light daily winkis a kinda fault 4rm ur tranformer cuz both rural nd urban area in Enugu enjoy 2much light expect D talking vicinity's transformer has fault,am 4rm Enugu bt i reside in lag schlin in Enugu(imt) bt am curently in lag due 2 strike..so Enugu enjoys 18hours of light daily
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by bashr8: 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2012
am in independence layout oo they took light when i went out this morning but brought it back by the time i came back , i have not noticed any problem with light
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by bashr8: 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2012
Odunnu:
I owe you a drink cheesy. Lets hook up at 8hrs tonight lemme blow your mind

make i come undecided
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by ujchief(m): 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2012
kudos to the youths! If we all could stop this suffering and smilling attitude and demand that the government starts delivering the dividens of democracy, the better for we all. Let it be known to them that its not busines as usual.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:13pm On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva:

What's this talk about. We're talking about the nationally renowned PHCN(Nepa) and you're talking about how it discredits Enugu as if it's not the same all over the country. Are state government now responsible for suplying power? Were you maasturbating when you wrote this? Jeez.

If you want to crack jokes you can go ahead; just stop talking rubbish about Obi and pay more attention to your state. Who knows if you are one of those political jobbers.[sup][/sup]
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Afam4eva(m): 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

If you want to crack jokes you can go ahead; just stop talking rubbish about Obi and pay more attention to your state. Who knows if you are one of those political jobbers.[sup][/sup]

You've just proven that you don't have anything upstairs. Instead of you to accept your mistake you're putting a ring on your ignorance. How's a Power Holding Company of Nigeria's problem that of Enugu state? What has it got to do with the development of Enugu state? You kids just crack me up.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by ACM10: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2012
Good to know that some of my favourite posters like Afam4Eva, OneNaira, Bashr stays in Enugu. I thought that I'm lonely here.

My area in GRA used to have light for 18hrs of the day. But since the Kainji dam issues came up, it has dropped to 8hrs of the day. The most painful one is the prolonged power outage in the night. Especially now that the weather is so hot. It's been a regular occurence for 1week running.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Afam4eva(m): 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
ACM10: Good to know that some of my favourite posters like Afam4Eva, OneNaira, Bashr stays in Enugu. I thought that I'm lonely here.
I don't stay in Enugu. What i meant is that i'm from Uwani area.
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by ACM10: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't stay in Enugu. What i meant is that i'm from Uwani area.

ok
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:21pm On Mar 19, 2012
afam4eva:

You've just proven that you don't have anything upstairs. Instead of you to accept your mistake you're putting a ring on your ignorance. How's a Power Holding Company of Nigeria's problem that of Enugu state? What has it got to do with the development of Enugu state? You kids just crack me up.

Am very sure am not the one you are reffering to as "kids" ! When its time for you to bash Gov. Obi you will throw caution out of the window but now you are quick to call me "ignorant"! I just want you to remenber this little conversation when next you miss ur dose!
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Martini101(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2012
@ACM10. I dey Achara layout. The thing is very worrisome! Imagine sweating all through the night and feeling like a melting local pear!!
Re: Uwani Youths In Enugu Protest Against 4-months Black Out by Martini101(m): 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
Nri Priest. With all due respect, Peter Obi na Flop. Just call a spade a spade. Dont digress 4 this matter

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Than 400 Private Jets Are Parked At Abuja Airport Now As I Speak. / Oluyinka Adeparusi Wins German Development Media Award / Why We Walked Out On Saraki—akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.