Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US (2023 Views)

Would You Stay In This N4,500 Hotel With 'jacuzzi'? (photos) / Ghanian Orthopaedic Surgeon Blasts Spanish Ambassador For Denying Him Visa / How Can My Wife Gain A Stay In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by not2long(m): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2012
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by kelz88(f): 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2012
What a waste of money, all in the name of citizenship. Guess he didn't see that coming. He should appeal or something. Not sure how it works there. Were they not convinced by the marriage? Do they have kids (to at least try and convince immigration)?
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by not2long(m): 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by not2long(m): 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2012
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 21, 2012
It's somewhat dire straits here in the US right now and you have to have your A game on.

It depends on the reason for the denial, perhaps they found fraudulent aspects.
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by cold(m): 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2012
He should get her pregnant & make his case stronger.Simple as
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
cold: He should get her pregnant & make his case stronger.Simple as
Simple as ABC: Them no be Mumu again undecided
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by OvieE: 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2012
Do you mean his green card application was denied or what? Because for one to be a citizen in US, you have to live here for five years; which mean having your ten year permanent green card with your. But in this case, your friend married this white girl to get his paper/green card not to become US citizen. Your friend still have a long way to go before becoming US citizen. Without green card (permanent resident card), forget about becoming a US citizen. And as for your friend spending so much money on lawyers is a waste of resources. If the white lady he married is a citizens, she have no problem filing for him without involving such a lawyer(s); unless their marriage is base on fraud and that's why the lawyers cannot do a Poo about it but just keep collecting and giving stories. I filed for my wife when she was in Nigeria and she came here. My brother and friends did the same. All you need is prove that your marriage is for a good cause not fraud. The bottom-line is that your friend needs to tell his wife to file for him with involve lawyers unless the marriage is fraud. Lawyers set people back when it comes to immigration paper. How can a lawyer prove your marry is for good cause when the citizen you married to cannot prove it him/herself?
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by omega25red(m): 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
poster

the thing with lawyers in the U.S is that every time you see them they charge you by the hour. could be $200/hr or something more. Also your friend doesn't need two lawyers because he only needs on good immigration lawyer. What he wants to do now is to pick one lawyer and have them explain completely what is choices are since they have denied his claim and tell him how much everything will cost and also to find out their success rate filing those papers before he starts shelling out more cash.

Anyway in all actuality the only thing he can do is appeal and hope for the best.
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by Goshen360(m): 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2012
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by Siga: 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2012
Poster....here is the case...once a lawyer is involved in most cases...the immigration officers are always on guard....cos, by nature...if u use a lawyer...that means u are not sure...but i know some people use lawyers cos of paperwork....i was a bestman to my friends wedding this past September and he applied a month after....bro...he got his green card March 8....so...make ur friend pray and pray harder....stick to same story and keep fighting...the best person to fight for him is his wife....tell his wife to go to immigration office...cry like her life depends on the guy staying....it worked for someone....Also....i sabi few bros...wey dey US for over 15yrs...no paper...hope this helps
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by kelz88(f): 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2012
Maybe na dodgy marriage. OP has deleted his posts LOL.
Re: Pls, Help, American Legal System Denying My Friend A Stay In The US by kelz88(f): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
MODS COMOT THIS THING FROM FRONT PAGE,ABEGII!!

(1) (Reply)

Plane Crash Or Helicopter Crash Just Happened @ Toyin In Iju Ishaga Area / ENUGU Airport Terminal Building What Ignorant Minds Dosen't Know(photos ) / Advice Needed? Modeling Abroad And Visa Question?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.