Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,686 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

How Honest Is The Average Northerner? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Honest Is The Average Northerner? (2225 Views)

The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 / The Thinking Of The Average Northerner - DANGER / This Is Who Your Average Northerner Believes Is Behind Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by obowunmi(m): 3:55am On Mar 20, 2012
c.fours:
more honest than the average southerner.

You are NOT a Nigerian. Has your family being affected by Boko Horam yet ? ooo yes! You are typing from the walls of your tiny apartment somewhere abroad.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by cfours: 4:32am On Mar 20, 2012
obowunmi:

You are NOT a Nigerian. Has your family being affected by Boko Horam yet ? ooo yes! You are typing from the walls of your tiny apartment somewhere abroad.

oloshi. a [i]stup[/i]id post from a [i]stu[/i]pid username.
The topic is about the "average northerner" not the "average boko haram"
but what can I say when the closest contact you've had with a northern Nigerian is through the TV.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by obowunmi(m): 5:11am On Mar 20, 2012
c.fours:

oloshi. a [i]stup[/i]id post from a [i]stu[/i]pid username.
The topic is about the "average northerner" not the "average boko haram"
but what can I say when the closest contact you've had with a northern Nigerian is through the TV.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.

The average Northerner is a BOKO boy.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by okosodo: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2012
The average northerner is very dangerous! Stay clear
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by OneNaira6: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2012
SMH @ some of the irrelevant things on this thread.

To answer the OP, I trust the north as far as I can throw am.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Hardunnii(f): 11:57am On Mar 20, 2012
Northerner are animals
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by scriptwizz: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2012
Abagworo:

From my true life experience Northerners are the only honest Nigerians I have met. There is always a Judas amongst every 12 though. Akwa-Ibom, Ebonyi and Cross River people are distant 2nd. The rest are totally dangerous to do anything with.

MY BROTHER, YES THEY ARE HONEST, BUT WICKEDNESS IS RIGHT EMBEDDED IN THEIR TRAITS. IM TELLING YOU COS I HAVE LIVED WITH A NORTHERN ELITE FAMILY IN KANO FOR A YEAR WITHOUT TRAVELLING. WICKEDNESS IS LIKE A BIRTHRIGHT ESPECIALLY AMONG THE MUSLIMS, BUT THE NORTHERN CHRISTIANS SEEM TO BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AS IF THERE IS A KIND OF GOOD SPIRIT GUIDING SUCH.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Dede1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 20, 2012
@POST

There are many myths about northern region of Nigeria that were borne out of southern Nigeria’s self-denial or a bid to save face. Such myths include “born to rule” and “northerners are honest”. Northerners are neither born to rule nor honest. Average person from northern region of Nigeria is no more honest than average person from southern region of Nigeria.

The “northerners are honest” stated in 1967 where certain visionless groups from southern Nigeria decided to join force with northern region against eastern region. To back their moronic and illogic choice of bedmate, they fanned the idea of northerners are honest. This unpaid campaign of fallacy was taken on pro bono by the media houses of western region of Nigeria. I knew with time, the foolishness will begin to clear and reality will surface. The same honest group of people from the northern region have robbed Nigeria silly. How could northerners be honest when many people with cutoff limbs due to crime are from northern region of Nigeria?

Immediately after the war, as the share of war booty began to take shape, the northerners showed who actually owned the bed regardless of the phrase, bedmates. The moment the realities set in among gulls, as northerners began to slowly withdraw the political patronages, jailing the loudmouthed ones among them and chasing few of them into exile, out of blues the phrase “born to rule” surfaced in Nigeria’s socio-political lexicon.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Dainfamous: 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2012
Dede1: @POST

There are many myths about northern region of Nigeria that were borne out of southern Nigeria’s self-denial or a bid to save face. Such myths include “born to rule” and “northerners are honest”. Northerners are neither born to rule nor honest. Average person from northern region of Nigeria is no more honest than average person from southern region of Nigeria.

The “northerners are honest” stated in 1967 where certain visionless groups from southern Nigeria decided to join force with northern region against eastern region. To back their moronic and illogic choice of bedmate, they fanned the idea of northerners are honest. This unpaid campaign of fallacy was taken on pro bono by the media houses of western region of Nigeria. I knew with time, the foolishness will begin to clear and reality will surface. The same honest group of people from the northern region have robbed Nigeria silly. How could northerners be honest when many people with cutoff limbs due to crime are from northern region of Nigeria?

Immediately after the war, as the share of war booty began to take shape, the northerners showed who actually owned the bed regardless of the phrase, bedmates. The moment the realities set in among gulls, as northerners began to slowly withdraw the political patronages, jailing the loudmouthed ones among them and chasing few of them into exile, out of blues the phrase “born to rule” surfaced in Nigeria’s socio-political lexicon.
are you minding these people,days of lying and cheating is over they should accept it earlier the better.......................as for Hausa house boys and girls they were use and dumped they now having genocide going on in their areas..God know how to pay back your evil deeds in time you no.....
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Dainfamous: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by manchy7531: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Wily2wily: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2012
Northerners are very Honest, after all the help Abiola gave them, they paid him by killing him in such inhumane way only because he is a Yorubaman, or have we forgotten how the paid Awolowo by forcing him to drink Rat poison.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by achi4u(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2012
hausa boys are good at killing children and pregnant women.daz why the wrat of GOD is visiting them nown.let there be confusion in north.

no mata hw nit an hausa man can be...hmmm,awusa na awusa
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2012
There's criminality everywhere and northerners are not an exception. Though i think Northerners tend to be more honest than there southern counterparts. Let me also say that they are kind too. You can meet a northerner today today and ask the person to borrow you money even though the person does not know you that well. But borrowing money from a southerner that you've known for years is war.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Nchara: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2012
afam4eva: There's criminality everywhere and northerners are not an exception. Though i think Northerners tend to be more honest than there southern counterparts. Let me also say that they are kind too. You can meet a northerner today today and ask the person to borrow you money even though the person does not know you that well. But borrowing money from a southerner that you've known for years is war.

The same average northerner turns round and kills you when there is a religious crisis that you, his so-called friend, is not involved in.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by cfours: 6:13am On Mar 22, 2012
northerners are no worse than southerners. we are all bloody pigs.
this goes with the rest of humanity with the exception of some naturally peaceful peoples ( Hawaiians come to mind. gosh I want to live there lol)

@Nchara,
that's your perspective. A northerner will also have his perspective that's just as valid but their voices are absent from Nairaland which makes this website and most southern news sources unfairly biased against them. Your opinion/perspective is valid too of course.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by LagBlogger(m): 10:33am On Mar 22, 2012
The little contact I have had with them is mixed. I can say many Northerners are evil and can plot devilish acts at the drop of a hat. Others are just like many 'southerners' capable of dubious or honest behavior as the case may be. But stay clear of Fulani cattle herdsmen, many of them are killers and robbers, they have no conscience and value their cattle more than Human life.

Some minority tribes in the North are notorious for ritual killings, well I guess the same applies to southerners as well but to me, I am safer with a southerner than with a typical Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri, Igbira or Berom person.
Re: How Honest Is The Average Northerner? by Dainfamous: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2012
LagBlogger: The little contact I have had with them is mixed. I can say many Northerners are evil and can plot devilish acts at the drop of a hat. Others are just like many 'southerners' capable of dubious or honest behavior as the case may be. But stay clear of Fulani cattle herdsmen, many of them are killers and robbers, they have no conscience and value their cattle more than Human life.

Some minority tribes in the North are notorious for ritual killings, well I guess the same applies to southerners as well but to me, I am safer with a southerner than with a typical Fulani/Hausa/Kanuri, Igbira or Berom person.
quite right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Between Elechi And Abakaliki Rice Millers / Ghana builds 'africa's Tallest Building' Set For $10 Billion Tech City / Aregbesola Creates 3,000 Fresh Jobs; Establishes West Africa’s Largest Garment F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.