Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! (12862 Views)

Corps Member Dies At Enugu Orientation Camp / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos / The BEAUTY Of Plateau State Orientation Camp MANGU! Five Star Hotel Or What??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by funshint(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2012
As I'm writing this piece corpers at d Ondo state orientation camp are engaged in protest due to d excesses of d camp commandant Lt A. I Osei. Some corp members were accused during d morning reveille of strolling out of d camp. D culprits were called out and reprimanded. But later after d morning drills corp members were again called out to d parade ground. First he commanded all d corpers to sqaut down on d floor, next he told them to sit on d bare floor and later he asked them to lie down flat on their back. Some soldiers were commanded to roll some corpers on d floor. It was dis dat angered d corpers because they don't know wat they are being purnished for. Corpers went on protest which grounded d camp for hours. They were later apologised to by d state coordinator Mr Jaiye Ojumu. Presently all activities in d camp are grounded.

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by adonisgold: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2012
I never served, took exemption, never saw the use of wasting my time and risking my life on some damn fool adventure, I have had enough adventure to last a lifetime.

Well, I think he will be reprimanded and he will curb his excesses.
But why are you complaining? it's military training. ;DI never served, took exemption, never saw the use of wasting my time and risking my life on some damn fool adventure, I have had enough adventure to last a lifetime.

But why are you complaining? it's military training.
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by funshint(m): 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2012
Even cameramen on d camp ground were meted wit dsame treatment by d soldiers
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2012
I no kneel down for secondary skool, not even university... Den na NYSC i go jonse Never!! angry embarassed
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by doctokwus: 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2012
I doubt dis story o! To make it evn more superflous& unblivable,d op sed d camp commandant apologised.Uhn,what a tale
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by elampiro(m): 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2012
Ridiculous!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Nigerd(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2012
doctokwus: I doubt dis story o! To make it evn more superflous& unblivable,d op sed d camp commandant apologised.Uhn,what a tale

They were later apologised to by d state coordinator Mr Jaiye Ojumu.

not the Commandant but the NYSC State Cordinator..
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by bid4rich(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2012
how i wish they try dis during my time in benue state. They call us rebel then but we dont care, we passed out of the camp ceremoniously. What a rush!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Iolo(m): 4:01pm On Mar 20, 2012
doctokwus: I doubt dis story o! To make it evn more superflous& unblivable,d op sed d camp commandant apologised.Uhn,what a tale

He said the state Coordinator apologised. Ot the commandant. This story is possible given the inexperienceof the lt. Camp commandant. He hasn't stayed too long in the army so he's blood is probably still hot.
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by doctokwus: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2012
Niger_d:

They were later apologised to by d state coordinator Mr Jaiye Ojumu.

not the Commandant but the NYSC State Cordinator..
What is evn dis thing u call a protest;I understand it to b people refusing to take part in any further activity or matching wt placards.I tink what u call a protest is rather like d corpers grumbling about d treatment while stil goin about their activities;I am just sayin I don't tin there was anytin like that goin by d meanin of d word
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by maclatunji: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2012
adonisgold: I never served, took exemption, never saw the use of wasting my time and risking my life on some damn fool adventure, I have had enough adventure to last a lifetime.

But why are you complaining? it's military training. ;DI never served, took exemption, never saw the use of wasting my time and risking my life on some damn fool adventure, I have had enough adventure to last a lifetime.

But why are you complaining? it's military training.

And in your cowardly mind, you think you are cool. The only way you can hold-up your head is if you were entitled to that exemption in the first place not by some wuru-wuru and mago-mago.

Some people don't know what to brag about. By the way bragging is not cool in the first place. #Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by buzor(m): 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2012
d military men should know that those guys re graduates, and they ve suffered enough in d university...
i think they should be treated with some respects and not like arm robbers!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Paulsquare: 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2012
Same happen to us when i was served at jos. Our camp commandant called us out at 2am in the morning and ask us to sit on the floor that he want to do head counting and we sat on the ground frm that 2am to 4am and the weather was so cold. And the following we protested that we dont want any army in our camp in fact our state cordinate have to apologise to us and we never fall in for any camp activite till we passed out. Its happen 2009/2010
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2012
I would never have obeyed!!

During my camping days, I was taken to camp court for being outspoken on what I considered to be injustice. I was even threatened with cell time and I laughed and told em to bring it on!!

The truth is the military personnel at the camps have no right to punish any corp member. The most they can do is lock them up in a cell.

This camp commandant is prolly a younging or a fresher at camp and dosent know what obtains around camp.

Now, the functions of the different military and para-military personnel on camp are as follows;

1. POLICE: To protect the Camp from outside intruders.

2. Man-O-War: To organize and put corp members through their drills. i.e Obstacle courses, morning drills (jugging and exercises) and endurance trek.

3. ARMY: To organize the Parade. Also to instill discipline and detain errant corp members.

4. NYSC OFFICIALS: To oversee the administration of camp activities.
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Super1759: 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2012
Am still serving,in kogi.dats d way d army behaves but wen u raise ur head to what ur right.they calm down.hehere in kogi.we are friendly wit them.unlike when camp was fresh.they treat us anyhw and even curse us.with time.me,particularly became stubborn and all deh do is warn me.brother u won't blame dem.dis hw they are trained.
@adinisgold,You that is exempted,ts out of old age that you did that. Most of us here are here jus 4 d fun. Afta camp.I retire to my work and that is it.as long as am concern orientation camp is fun. U meet different ppl and all are equal,if you like be jonathan.
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by deandavid(m): 4:58pm On Mar 20, 2012
i think those sitting down, lying down, waking up in d middle of d nyte are part of d activities to make d camping a memorable 1, do u expect d soldiers to treat u as kings or wat. Soja never show u pepper b4 ba? Camp is d only easy avenue 2 hav sodiers as friends, after ur service year, go try dat stoborness wit common recruit u go c urself. because u r a bsc holdr?
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by funshint(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2012
deandavid: i think those sitting down, lying down, waking up in d middle of d nyte are part of d activities to make d camping a memorable 1, do u expect d soldiers to treat u as kings or wat. Soja never show u pepper b4 ba? Camp is d only easy avenue 2 hav sodiers as friends, after ur service year, go try dat stoborness wit common recruit u go c urself. because u r a bsc holdr?
u're a fowl!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2012
All activities in Ikare-Akoko orientation camp has commense. D camp commandant Lt ose just apologise dat he was sowi for wat happen
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by funshint(m): 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2012
newtral: All activities in Ikare-Akoko orientation camp has commense. D camp commandant Lt ose just apologise dat he was sowi for wat happen
Yes d commandant has just apologized. Camp activities have resumed and everytin is nw lively. We still love all d officials including d commandant and not forgeting d state coordinator he's a father indeed!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by bisi16(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2012
For u (adonisgold) dat got exemption, be sure ur father has a business dat u'lll take over. Otherwise u go hear nwin.. Exemption is either on AGE or HEALTH grounds. Which ever ground, no even think am say u wan fyn work.. Coz u don pass age limit, and u no dey medically ok.. So quit bragging and go learn a trade!!

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Spirit96(m): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2012
D sldrs are trained specifically 4 war. But d FG sent them 2 train d Corp Members. Hence, what did u expect? 2 romance them? But d issue is nt always like dat. Initially, d sldrs used 2 be aggressive in order 2 instil discipline. But as d training progresses, they begin 2 fraternise with them. Even, there was a time when d cultist took over a camp as a result of d weakness of CC. So, why cant u suggest 2 FG 2 use d boy scout n NSCDC 2 train d Coppers so as 2 just romance them n pass them out? I was rolled in a gutter during my time n I enjoyed d experience.
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Masebinu: 6:41pm On Mar 20, 2012
well, i dont expect d camp commandant to apologise. I was at delta state camp we were treated far worst than dat but at the end it was fun. Wen we were to sleep in the dark cold nite, we actually went to d parade ground wit our bed, but rather than sleep we turned it to anoda fun and under three hours the cc sent the rsm to dismiss u. Yeye soldier na u go tire was d song we sang. Delta state camp interesting joor, issele uku tins
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Connoisseur(m): 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2012
15. deandavid(m):
i think those sitting down, lying down, waking up in d middle of d nyte are part of d activities to make d camping a memorable 1, do u expect d soldiers to treat u as kings or wat. Soja never show u pepper b4 ba? Camp is d only easy avenue 2 hav sodiers as friends, after ur service year, go try dat stoborness wit common recruit u go c urself. because u r a bsc holdr?

I totally agree with you. That's d story to be told
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by ayojango(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
Camp is fun I served in Ebonyi 2006 and it wasn't easy even d alajas and those in hijab adjusted,they ladies were platoon leaders n were made to co ordinate drills
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Connoisseur(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
funshint:
u're a fowl!

I guess u Neva served

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by beblessed(f): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2012
Thumbs up 4 those who enjoyed camp wit all d stress...it is a wonderful experience and i wish i could did it again...so because u hv 1st degree, nobody shd train u abi?mtscheeeeew, u think sey soldiers no go sch? Am nt happy d commandant or director apologised. D youth of these days are just toooo lazy and undisciplined! Up isselu uku! Wz there 2005/2007 and it wz fun all d way. After d 3wks drills, my usual pms stopped completely since dat yr!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by Spirit96(m): 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2012
Paulsquare: Same happen to us when i was served at jos. Our camp commandant called us out at 2am in the morning and ask us to sit on the floor that he want to do head counting and we sat on the ground frm that 2am to 4am and the weather was so cold. And the following we protested that we dont want any army in our camp in fact our state cordinate have to apologise to us and we never fall in for any camp activite till we passed out. Its happen 2009/2010
BIG OTONDO CORPPER....NONE OF UR SET WAS GUD 2 GO!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by funshint(m): 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2012
^ u're all saying rubbish we actually enjoy all d drills at least we hv just 6 more days to spend in d camp. Infact we don't hv any problem wit d soldiers but d CC just went beyond his boundary. Infact d state coordinators and other NYSC officials admitted dat he had gone 2 far. Thank God all is back 2 normal nw!
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by funshint(m): 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2012
Connoisseur:

I guess u Neva served
wonder hw many times one serves. Guess u had to repeat service? mtcheww!

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by wellmax(m): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2012

Believe it or not the story is 100% true. My sister is in †ђε camp. ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ were just angry at †ђε way ‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ are being treated like animals. Äπϑ Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ , the state coordinator apologised.
Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by olajide8(m): 10:00pm On Mar 20, 2012
See rubbish! Pass through the camp, and allow the camp pass through you its just for 2 weeks, see the new breed of nigerian's leaders and graduates that want soldiers to pamper them through camp because they have Bsc/HND's, sooner then later you guys will dictate if you want to climb ropes or do endurance treks, because you have a piece of paper you earned over 4yrs-5years and the assumption is the soldiers are not qualified, they are over qualified to drill you black and blue coz the NYSC is a paramilitary establishment which in the real sense is supposed to have more discipline then the police or civil defense because it headed/administered by a General, unlike the other bodies that are administered by bloody civilians like me and please come down from your high horse's

1 Like

Re: Ondo State Orientation Camp Boils! by PHIPEX(m): 10:12pm On Mar 20, 2012
A similar incidence was averted here in Sagamu camp in Ogun State when all d boys were chased out of their beds in middle of d night just because 2 boys were caught fighting. Everybody was made to sit on the floor though it wasn't for long as most people reacted angrily.But the truth is that it's been fun one way or the other. Now am good to go! If ur complaining ur wrong!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corper Builds Healthcare Centre At Kwali In Abuja / NYSC Signs MoU To Include Corps Members On NHIS Programme / Nairaland Congratulates All 2015/2016 Batch A Corps Members Passing Out Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.