Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,163 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road (5149 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame?

The government?: 67% (42 votes)
The driver?: 32% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Petrol Tanker And Car On Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Lagos-ibadan Road Begin To Wear A New Face / Plane Crash Involving Governor Suntai Of Taraba (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road by labiyemmy(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2007
Blame the government for everything - blame the government for rickety tankers on the road, blame the government for reckless driving on the highways - blame the government for not obeying traffic regulations, blame the government when people disobey minor traffic orders but never look inwards to the road users themselves.

Even when the roads are as clean and neat as anything - reckless driving and disobeying traffic regulations will still persist.
Re: Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road by IdeyVex1(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2007
@Seun!

Owning this site does not give you the right to talk bullshit.
Blaming the driver is a lot of bullshit. The blame rests squarely with the government whose duty it is to repair the road.
You know how much I pay in taxes? I am sure you wouldn't want to know.
I was in Lagos 2 days ago and that road is as bad as the road to hell!!!
So shut up if you have nothing better to say and leave the driver out of this.
No road should have potholes to dodge in the first place and if there are no potholes, then the driver wouldn't need to swerve and of course, there wouldn't be an overturning.
I don talk finish. I dey vex@@@!!!
Re: Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2007
Bad, Bad, Bad

Roads are crappy.
Drivers are not regulated, therefore anyone can drive, drunk, high etc,
Put those two together and the combination is deadly,
BTW there are potholes on sideroads in developed, but not on Inter-City Highways!!!
Re: Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road by angel101(f): 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2007
Its funny how some posters are saying that accident rates would not reduce even if the roadds were smooth. I wonder why we should assume this when it has never happened. (at least not in my lifetime so far)
Re: Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road by ojimboIV: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2007
looking at the state of our roads, why don't we hold the road construction companies liable for the substandard jobs they do? it's not all about dumping tar on a stretch of lane and calling a road. why don't the government (which is shady by the way) let these companies know that they are liable at least for a set period of time for the state of whatever they deliver. instead the likes of Kalu will be quick to run to media bragging about how much they've allocated to road construction when infact the state of the roads is nothing to write home barely 6months after commissioning.
Re: Horrific Crash Involving Petrol Tanker On Lagos-Ibadan Road by yemibox: 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2007
Seun you are so disgusting with your comments. I guess your family has been feeding on crumbs from Obasanjo's table. how could you make suck a heartless comment. You chained the driver and unleashed OBJ. Think well my bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get To Ajose Adeogun Street In VI / Italian Visa Delay In Vfs / I Need Help From "Justwise"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.