Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,431 members, 7,830,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS - Education (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS (318383 Views)

Poll: is admission in abu zaria fair?

very fair: 20% (15 votes)
averagely fair: 25% (19 votes)
not fair: 30% (23 votes)
cant say: 22% (17 votes)
wont say: 1% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

A.B.U Zaria 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Pre-degree A.b.u Zaria Remedial Programme. time for discussion / Breaking News: A.b.u Zaria Admission List Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (243) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2012
suam_ng: yipEeeEee!! cheesy congratS bro. I got ur Msg 2Ru ma bBro. SORi bro I can't ping 4 nw cos ma subscription has xpired buh I wil notify u as soon as I Subscribe
tnx bro u kw u r ma blood bro on NL. I told ur bro †Φ give u ma numba so we cud talk. Congrats †Φ ur bro †ΦΦ he told me he Accounting (HND) †ΦΦ.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2012
suam_ng: yipEeeEee!! cheesy congratS bro. I got ur Msg 2Ru ma bBro. SORi bro I can't ping 4 nw cos ma subscription has xpired buh I wil notify u as soon as I Subscribe
tnx bro. U kw u r ma bro frm another mother. Can't wait †Φ see us I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ zaria. I called ur elder bro yesterday and he said he was gonna give u ma numba so we cud talk more. Congrats †Φ ur bro he told me he also got admitted I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊to Accounting (HND) †ΦΦ.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Udinev(f): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2012
hardarms5050: Alhamdililah I have just been offered admissn. Into kaduna polytechnic †Φ study statistics at HND level. Abu am still waiting oo. God u can still do it for me and M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fellow aspirants coz I kw and believe nothing is †Φ big for u †Φ do. *peace*
congrats.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Udinev(f): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Just got Admitted into Monash university in Jonnesburg and Unical in Calabar am suppose 2 b hapi bt am nt. Abu zaria stil on ma mind.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 9:52am On Oct 06, 2012
Udinev: congrats.
tnx. And congrats †ΦΦ.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 10:21am On Oct 06, 2012
Food for thought. Life is all about contentment more so it pleases God wen u show content and praise his name wen he gives u sometin dat he denied so many. It makes him wanna giv u more. Lastly nt everybody was born wit a silver spoon I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his/her mouth. Some had it bt lost it due †Φ pomposity and arrogance and those dat never had it were later given due †Φ their humility and contentment. Mind u the success of a man is nt determined by his academic qualification bt his proximity †Φ God almighty.so am very much contented wit the HND he has given me on a platter of Gold. *peace*

1 Like

Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Andrewakor(m): 10:40am On Oct 06, 2012
Some people were saying that the list had been compiled since last four or five weeks what about the ijmb result that was not released then?did they compiled the list without ijmb applicants?am worried because am ijmb applicant
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Sodiq33(m): 10:57am On Oct 06, 2012
Please dudes,abeg if u knw anoda skul hv gvn u admsn,it's beta 4 u 2 acpt d admsn by paying dier acceptance fee 1st nd wait 4 a.b.u b4 u knw ur final fate,becus time wait 4 no 1,plus 1 year again no b smal thng o...a.b.u sabi break heart o...let's kip d faith...*stil kipin my finger'z nd legs crosr*..
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Sodiq33(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2012
Andrewakor: Some people were saying that the list had been compiled since last four or five weeks what about the ijmb result that was not released then?did they compiled the list without ijmb applicants?am worried because am ijmb applicant
aboki can give u a 9ice explanatn 4 dat..
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by aliuzima(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2012
Add ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ on bbm......dis my pin 223992cd...ℓ̊ pray we all gain admision amen
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Danjuma827(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
Abu will commence their registration by 22nd of october and lectures for 2012/2013 session will begin first week of november so therefore let us be expecting the list before 22nd i hope we will all gain admission to this great uni.any medicine student frm kogi state shud add me on 2go danjuma827
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by jhubril(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
Udinev: Just got Admitted into Monash university in Jonnesburg and Unical in Calabar am suppose 2 b hapi bt am nt. Abu zaria stil on ma mind.
I warmly congratulate you on this momentous landmark.ABU is best for us.I can not wait to behold it.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by jhubril(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Awo
October 6, 2012 by ’Nonye Ben-Nwankwo 638 Comments
Chinua Achebe

Chinua Achebe
| credits: achebebooks.com

A few days after excerpts from Prof. Chinua Achebe’s latest memoirs, entitled ‘There Was A Country: A Personal History of Biafra,’ was published in the Guardian of London, the book is still the subject of what promises to be a long-drawn debate on the Internet and social media, particularly on the Facebook.

In the book, which focuses on the Nigerian Civil War, Achebe claims that former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (retd.) and the late Yoruba leader, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, initiated the economic policies that caused the deaths of over two million Igbo through starvation during the war.

The controversial paragraph from the book reads, “It is my impression that Awolowo was driven by an overriding ambition for power, for himself and for his Yoruba people. There is, on the surface at least, nothing wrong with those aspirations.

“However, Awolowo saw the dominant Igbo at the time as the obstacles to that goal, and when the opportunity arose – the Nigeria-Biafra War – his ambition drove him into a frenzy to go to every length to achieve his dreams.

“In the Biafran case, it meant hatching up a diabolical policy to reduce the numbers of his enemies significantly through starvation – eliminating over two million people, mainly members of future generations.”

Many Nigerians who read the excerpts on the Internet appear to be sharply divided over the content of the book.

While some accused Achebe of whipping up ethnic sentiments and accusing Awolowo falsely, others have expressed the opinion that the writer has told the truth about the civil war.

In a contribution posted on the Facebook, Mayowa Akinsola disagreed with Achebe. He wrote, “I consider this statement from the highly revered literary icon an attempt at sectional revisionism. Where emotion and sentiment rule our judgments, the ability to say the truth becomes a problem. Many countries in the world had experienced civil war before, America inclusive, so what we experience during the civil war was not new.

“Let us forget about the incidents that led to the war, all the principal actors in that incident should be held responsible, Chukwuemeka Ojukwu inclusive.

“Awolowo was perfectly right when he said that everything in war was fair. War is not a child’s play, when you declare a war, a battle line is drawn, the result is always clear from the beginning, the game is either you win or you lose.”

Also reacting to Achebe’s claims, Jesse Adeniji remarks, “Awo didn’t massacre two million people. Nigeria did, especially those of the Northern extraction who felt Kaduna Nzeogwu and Ifeajuna killed their icons.”

But Olusola Solarin chose to confine all matters relating to the civil war in the dustbin of history. He says, “Achebe should live the rest of his life happy. Nigeria and the Yoruba are existential realities today.”

You may also like -
Achebe’s attacks on Awolowo stirs controversyAchebe’s attacks on Awolowo stirs controversy
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Abokii8(m): 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Andrewakor: Some people were saying that the list had been compiled since last four or five weeks what about the ijmb result that was not released then?did they compiled the list without ijmb applicants?am worried because am ijmb applicant
sincerely speaking i.j.m.b applicants this year have been excluded but i'm not ruling out the possibility that some few one might have been considered {those that submitted their credentials to the department and academic secretary one or two days after the release of i.j.mb result},you know a.b.u have proposed a law that all i.j.m.b applicants must missed one year before they may be considered for admission that is the reason why i.j.m.b board reduced the duration of the programme in all centres to 9 months instead of 18 months in most centres from this coming session. But the issue is still under debate between the academic board members of i.j.m.b and senate. But at the end they may decide to put you in the omitted list. Lets hope that the new law won't have it's first effect on you. All the best.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Shinexman(m): 7:07pm On Oct 06, 2012
@ Abokii pls wat av u to say concernin faculty of educatn in general, i dnt no may b u no hw they treat d direct entry aplicantz specifically i wil b so glad to c ur reply posted
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by kutegee: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
We are on the ryt track.GOD help us all
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by suamng(m): 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
hardarms5050: tnx bro. U kw u r ma bro frm another mother. Can't wait †Φ see us I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ zaria. I called ur elder bro yesterday and he said he was gonna give u ma numba so we cud talk more. Congrats †Φ ur bro he told me he also got admitted I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊to Accounting (HND) †ΦΦ.
Ameeen grin grin, yeah!! Ma bro made it I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ also
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by suamng(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Let me minimize da tension here wink
Everyone knows Nigeria is Better than US & UK with the Following Reasons
:
They get Mr. Bean, we get Mr. Ibu
They get Tpain, we get T-maya
They get G-UNIT, we get
TERRY G.
They get McDonald, we get Bear parlour
They get American Lotto, we get Baba Ijebu
They Dance Break Dance, We get alanta
They get blues, we get
Apala song
They get Miami Beach, we get Oniru beach
They fear Alqaeda, we fear BOKO HARAM
They get Texas, we get Taraba
They get Tea, we get
Akamu
They get burgar and pies, we get Ojoojo and Akara
Even sef, they invented aircraft,
we invented witchcraft, both of them are"crafts"

Abeg frnds, Add Yours, Lets Have FUN.... grin grin grin
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Aboki pls let's have ur numba na.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ofelix I c u o. Pls reply ma post na
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Abokii8(m): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
Shinexman: @ Abokii pls wat av u to say concernin faculty of educatn in general, i dnt no may b u no hw they treat d direct entry aplicantz specifically i wil b so glad to c ur reply posted
well, majority of applicants in the faculty of education do so through direct entry most of them with N.C.E, diploma and very few with i.j.m.b. So getting direct admission in the faculty of education is very simple provided that you satisfy the following requirements: for NCE: 3.00 final CGPA, diploma: UPPER CREDIT, I.J.M.B: 9 points in the i.j.m.b final exams with the minimum of C grade in the course you applly for. Beside O'lvl requirments.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Shamoo100(m): 11:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
Na wa oo ...s0diq. u know countdwn agn? ...hmm ma heart go soon burst ☹
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by BabatundeGPD(m): 12:23am On Oct 07, 2012
suam_ng: wow!!! shocked> congrats bro. because we dey blow grammar dat 1 no mean say we b fire n water oooo smiley @Udinev n Babatunde< i'm sori buh make una self take am easy wit una post b4 una go wake da animal wey dey inside man pikin wink wink Jumaat kareem 2 u ol smiley
z arit bro i didnt take in personal. 1lv

1 Like

Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by BabatundeGPD(m): 1:11am On Oct 07, 2012
PLS I SAW BURSARY AND SCHOLARSHIP DETAILS ON ABU SITE, PLS HW Z d BURSARY AND SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM PLZ REPLY ASAP
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by ofelix15(m): 2:57am On Oct 07, 2012
hardarms5050: Ofelix I c u o. Pls reply ma post na
D department is nw one of the best and they understand hw student feel, mallam aliyu is nw a dr, barely gets time 2 lecture in the department because of his qualification. D man fit leave dat department very soon.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Druggmoni(f): 5:33am On Oct 07, 2012
Abokii8: @jhubril congrats, but please i want to ask you this question: Did you put ILORIN UNIVERSITY as second choice or is it ABU?
both skuls dnt accept second choice....d boy na fabricator.....mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Druggmoni(f): 5:34am On Oct 07, 2012
Abokii8: @jhubril congrats, but please i want to ask you this question: Did you put ILORIN UNIVERSITY as second choice or is it ABU?
both skuls dnt accept second choice....d boy na fabricator.....mtchewwww
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Isjaymoh(m): 6:24am On Oct 07, 2012
Good day pple. Pls i want sum1 2 alight me more about ABU pee degree form. I'm interested in obtaining one next year and i wanna get more info about it. Like how much is the form, how much is the tuition fees, accomodation fees, during of the programme, how sure it is, I mean is it gurantee that sum1 can get admission. And other things u can share with me about it. Thnks
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Sodiq33(m): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2012
Druggmoni: both skuls dnt accept second choice....d boy na fabricator.....mtchewwww
unilorin do acpt 2nd choice,infact i got friends hu apply dem as 2nd choice nd dy were admittd,bt a.b.u dnt acpt 2nd choice.....gudmrnin pals,stil ur boy in d building...it's jst 15days 2go..stil kipin my finger'z nd legs cross...
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by Sodiq33(m): 6:56am On Oct 07, 2012
Isjaymoh: Good day pple. Pls i want sum1 2 alight me more about ABU pee degree form. I'm interested in obtaining one next year and i wanna get more info about it. Like how much is the form, how much is the tuition fees, accomodation fees, during of the programme, how sure it is, I mean is it gurantee that sum1 can get admission. And other things u can share with me about it. Thnks
a.b.u pre degree is widely knwn as s.b.r.s(skul of basic nd remedial stdies)it is locatd in funtua,katsina state..d form is been sold @ d rate of N2000 mayb wt 200naira bank charges,mkin it 2200,d skul fee as of last year was around 63-65 thousand naira...so,1 thng wt d pre degree is dat if u mit d general requirement,u wil b admittd,dat is,if u get d minimum mark of(2.0)out of d available or possible mark of(5.0) after ur gpa is been calculatd nd score above 180 in jamb,u wil b admtd(sure).........i dnt knw abt dier accomodation fees...d programme is a 2 semester programme(a year) nd basically 4 only science stdnt....in admsn process,a.b.u wil first gv dier remz stdnt admsn b4 considerin jambite,so,wen u mit dos requirement abv,admsn is sure 4 u in a.b.u...please dnt neglect dat jamb factor,immediatly u fail jamb,na bye bye 2 ur admsn o even thoug u get d maximum mark(5.0) in d s.b.r.s..d form is still on sale,u can only get it in zaria,so gudlck..please,wil appreciate any correctn 4rm u guy's..if u stil knw more abt it,u can also add ur's...
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 7:38am On Oct 07, 2012
Sodiq33:
a.b.u pre degree is widely knwn as s.b.r.s(skul of basic nd remedial stdies)it is locatd in funtua,katsina state..d form is been sold @ d rate of N2000 mayb wt 200naira bank charges,mkin it 2200,d skul fee as of last year was around 63-65 thousand naira...so,1 thng wt d pre degree is dat if u mit d general requirement,u wil b admittd,dat is,if u get d minimum mark of(2.0)out of d available or possible mark of(5.0) after ur gpa is been calculatd nd score above 180 in jamb,u wil b admtd(sure).........i dnt knw abt dier accomodation fees...d programme is a 2 semester programme(a year) nd basically 4 only science stdnt....in admsn process,a.b.u wil first gv dier remz stdnt admsn b4 considerin jambite,so,wen u mit dos requirement abv,admsn is sure 4 u in a.b.u...please dnt neglect dat jamb factor,immediatly u fail jamb,na bye bye 2 ur admsn o even thoug u get d maximum mark(5.0) in d s.b.r.s..d form is still on sale,u can only get it in zaria,so gudlck..please,wil appreciate any correctn 4rm u guy's..if u stil knw more abt it,u can also add ur's...
yea. Lemme also chip dis I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊. it is only for the 19 northern states alone.
Re: A.B.U Zaria 2012/2013 ASPIRANTS by hardarms5050(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2012
ofelix15:
D department is nw one of the best and they understand hw student feel, mallam aliyu is nw a dr, barely gets time 2 lecture in the department because of his qualification. D man fit leave dat department very soon.
‎​​​◦⌣kk⌣◦ we tank God for dat. Wch level are u I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ nw?

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (243) (Reply)

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia / University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.