Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night (863 Views)

Help!!! My Newly Wedded Wife Urinates On Bed Everyday / 'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court / Pls Fellow Super Moms And Dads,is It Normal/ok For A 7yr Old To Talk About Rape? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by halfcurrent(m): 7:58am On Mar 22, 2012
Good Morning Nairalanders,
Please I need your candid advice. A close family friend of mine has a seven year old daughter who urinates on the bed at night, and the couple is so worried about that. Would really appreciate any useful advice on how to solve this problem Thanks.
Re: Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by toyemz(f): 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2012
reduce her intake of liquids prior to bedtime
say about one hr

another thing is wake her up to urinate in the middle of the night

and wicked as its sounds tell her that you are going to put her in pampers to bed if she doesnt stop
( this worked for my 5 year old newphew ,3 days after his wearing pampers to bed)
Re: Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by EfemenaXY: 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^ Agree with all that you say

@poster, in addition to the advice given above, you need to check that this is not an emotional problem with the child or a cry for attention. For example if there is a new addition to the family i.e a new born sibling, this might make the older child revert to "babyish" acts / behaviour all in a bid to be noticed.

Hope this helps.
Re: Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by halfcurrent(m): 7:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
@Efemena_xy @toyemz, many thanks for your useful advice. Will ask them to try them out; i hope it works. thanks
Re: Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by Ferya(f): 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2012
[b][/b]reduce her intake of liquids prior to bedtime
say about one hr

@ poster
I agree to the above and please do not punish they usually out grow urinating on bed with time.
Re: Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by Fhemmmy: 7:31pm On Mar 23, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^^ Agree with all that you say

@poster, in addition to the advice given above, you need to check that this is not an emotional problem with the child or a cry for attention. For example if there is a new addition to the family i.e a new born sibling, this might make the older child revert to "babyish" acts / behaviour all in a bid to be noticed.

Hope this helps.

Beautifully said . . .
Re: Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by Fhemmmy: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ferya: [/b]reduce her intake of liquids prior to bedtime
say about one hr

@ poster
I agree to the above and please do not punish they usually [b]out grow urinating on bed with time.

How much of time do you think a 7 years old that bedwet has?
though, i do agree that no need to punish the child, but they need to all work together and with the child to help stop it
Re: Need An Advice On Problem With A 7yr Old That Urinates On Bed At Night by Kechis: 12:08pm On Mar 24, 2012
While the child urinates at daytime ask him to stop urination for a moment and pass the urine for some moment and then stop it again.By doing this again and again,his bladder and muscle which control urination will get in tone.Do it for at least 2 months.

(1) (Reply)

out! / Why Must Isabela Be Demoted Is It Bcoz She Said Has No Man / What Would U Do If U Caught Ur Partner Wit A Sibling?...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.