Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? (8465 Views)

Mr President, The "Honeymoon" Is Over - By Harry Slim Omoakhia / 221 People Killed Since Buhari Became President - The Cable / A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by eghost247(m): 8:27pm On Mar 22, 2012
subscribing
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Kachi01: 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
It is better for us to slightly move apart and survive than come together and perish in the collision. Ikemba. Let us try this option.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
let us manage our weak male presidents, one day e go better, but female president......... I SAY CAPITAL NOOOO!
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by TheGeneral1(m): 8:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
;DNigeria needs to be given to a foreign private management. ;DNigeria needs to be given to a foreign private management.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by DRANOEL(m): 8:42pm On Mar 22, 2012
the only woman i would have voted as president is dead. R.I.P maryam babangida.

now that said back to topic, behind every successful man is a woman and behind every successful mismanager is awoman. if doubt check the person behind GEJ ;Dthe only woman i would have voted as president is dead. R.I.P maryam babangida.

now that said; back to topic, behind every successful man is a woman and behind every successful mismanager is a woman. if in doubt check the person behind GEJ
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Ribaman(m): 8:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
Let us admit that we have a Leadership problem. The sexuation of an office holder matters not. To those who have mentioned a handful of corruption tarred women in Nigeria, compare the number of the women mentioned to the horde of corrupt Nigerian men!
I will gladly vote a woman who looks likes she knows what she is doing, e.g Okonjo Iweala. We have tried the men since independence, let us give the women a chance as well.

In fact, the salvation of this country may lay in the beautiful Gele of a Nigerian amazon!
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by andyanders: 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2012
Not yt for women. Nigerian politicians will sleep with them and mess up the system. Na Patricia Ete, Akunyili, Azunma Oteh that you want to become President?
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by MrGlobe(m): 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2012
I laugh in China at this topic. Lets check history...
Allison Madueke
Patience Jonathan
Dora Akunyili
Patricia Etteh
Arunma Otteh
Iyabo Olusegun Obasanjo
Stella Oduah (Neighbor to Neighbor)
All represent Nigerian women and share one or two things in common - corruption being one.
Sidenote: I like Turai, na why she no dey there
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by kwaghe: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nigeria is too complex for Nigerians to manage, we need to outsource our leadership to other countries with strong men and strong institutions like China and Russia.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by emron1(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2012
Riba_man: Let us admit that we have a Leadership problem. The sexuation of an office holder matters not. To those who have mentioned a handful of corruption tarred women in Nigeria, compare the number of the women mentioned to the horde of corrupt Nigerian men!
I will gladly vote a woman who looks likes she knows what she is doing, e.g Okonjo Iweala. We have tried the men since independence, let us give the women a chance as well.

In fact, the salvation of this country may lay in the beautiful Gele of a Nigerian amazon!
stop disivin your self as long as nigeria is controlled by a few cabal or clique any president will be nothing but just a mere popet. Kind of reminds me of ken sarowiwa who died thinking the problem of nigeria where the hausa igbo and yoruba, sure if he where to be alive today and see gej he would swallow his words.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
Its our women who drive the men into corruption.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by terrybrainz: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2012
ΒΆ
Concor with dis, let's try dis one
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by ismhab(m): 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nigerian's women and men are of the same feathers.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Sike(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala comes to mind. I would vote for her.
SmH
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Jiah011(f): 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nigerian people as a whole need to shape up, regardless of gender. I doubt a female leader could come up anyway, with the stone age perception of women in Nigerian. All those old patriarch types tongue. Even if some have tried, they are never taken seriously or given as much clout as their male counterparts.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Dawdy(m): 10:36pm On Mar 22, 2012
we have woman in man form as president, her name is Gej.
So what else are We talking about?
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by onyewec3: 11:16pm On Mar 22, 2012
Kachi01: It is better for us to slightly move apart and survive than come together and perish in the collision. Ikemba. Let us try this option.

May almighty God blesss you.

@poster....if dats wat u think let's choose from Ngozi Okonjo iweala, Dora Akunyili or Oby Ezekwessilssi.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by onyewec3: 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2012
Sike:
SmH

NOI or oby ezekwessisli or Dora Akunyili...and if u object to any of these maybe ur aunt can be chosen
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Ribaman(m): 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
stop disivin your self as long as nigeria is controlled by a few cabal or clique any president will be nothing but just a mere popet. Kind of reminds me of ken sarowiwa who died thinking the problem of nigeria where the hausa igbo and yoruba, sure if he where to be alive today and see gej he would swallow his words.

I disagree with you, in fact very vehemently! shocked Lets do the maths, juxtapose the number of the allegedly corrupt women with deluge/hordes of blokes who have helped themselves, quiet liberally as well, to the contents of the till. Then come back and tell me the Jazz you are proposing.
Ken Saro-Wiwa was a movement, an ideology. Our country men and women are not yet ready to buy into the demands and, ultimately, the rewards that come from following an ideology through. The problem of leadership in Nigeria, to be honest, goes beyond tribe. We must turn to an idealogical search to bring Nigeria back from the precipice.
And, I do not give a shishi or quarter if it will take a woman pickin to rescue us! grin
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
The problem with Nigeria is the docility of Nigerians.

Once Nigerians get a backbone and get out on the streets to make sustained protest for change, then things will change for the better very quickly.

Our useless leaders are only useless because we allow them to be.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by iiiyyyk(m): 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
i will vote for adenike grange or iyabo obasanjo
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by seyibrown(f): 11:53pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nigeria could do with a strong woman! I would vote for a female governorship/presidential candidate if a good one came up. We have for too long had men who are 'failures' at the helm of affairs! They ruined this country!
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Mrmik(m): 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2012
God forbid. Full stop. Nigerian woman in control? You will run. Slice Nigeria into pieces and you will get the best out of it.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by IbrahimB: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2012
Riba_man:

I disagree with you, in fact very vehemently! shocked Lets do the maths, juxtapose the number of the allegedly corrupt women with deluge/hordes of blokes who have helped themselves, quiet liberally as well, to the contents of the till. Then come back and tell me the Jazz you are proposing.
Ken Saro-Wiwa was a movement, an ideology. Our country men and women are not yet ready to buy into the demands and, ultimately, the rewards that come from following an ideology through. The problem of leadership in Nigeria, to be honest, goes beyond tribe. We must turn to an idealogical search to bring Nigeria back from the precipice.
And, I do not give a shishi or quarter if it will take a woman pickin to rescue us! grin

Well, women only recently started featuring in government - so we should be comparing percentages not absolute numbers. From what I've seen of female office holders,it's the same deal as what we've been getting from the men folk. Nigerian women have proven equally adept at corruption as their male counterpart. And when they're wives or girlfriends they've often been accessories to their husbands'/boyfriend's escapades. For example refer to the James Ibori story..
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by olayinka1987: 12:09am On Mar 23, 2012
What difference will a female make? Females can't scam, lie or cheat? What we need is a president that has been elected by the PEOPLE. Not some uneducated Northern ruffian.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by REVOLUTNIS: 1:08am On Mar 23, 2012
Boko Haram should be allowed to rule this country, because they will do well,
having shown great commitment in their ideology than the govt of the Ijaw man
who promised Nigerians heaven and earth without fulfillment.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Ribaman(m): 1:19am On Mar 23, 2012

Well, women only recently started featuring in government - so we should be comparing percentages not absolute numbers. From what I've seen of female office holders,it's the same deal as what we've been getting from the men folk. Nigerian women have proven equally adept at corruption as their male counterpart. And when they're wives or girlfriends they've often been accessories to their husbands'/boyfriend's escapades. For example refer to the James Ibori story..

Again, I disagree with your position. Are you going to compare the extent of damage that has been done to Nigeria by the menfolk, to what little mistakes some women have made. Another proof of why my position may not be as hopeless as you think, is the role women have played in the background, not in the foreground, of everyday Nigerian life.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Balyz: 3:31am On Mar 23, 2012
No seriously, you really want to vote a world bank agent as president simply because she's a woman?
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by djeezy(m): 6:14am On Mar 23, 2012
That's suicidal.
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by IbrahimB: 7:02am On Mar 23, 2012
Riba_man: <b>Again</b>, I disagree with your position.
When was the *other* time we disagreed. cheesy

Riba_man: Are you going to compare the extent of damage that has been done to Nigeria by the menfolk, to what little mistakes some women have made. Another proof of why my position may not be as hopeless as you think, is the role women have played in the background, not in the foreground, of everyday Nigerian life.

Little mistakes eh? :s The question to ask is: Would women have steered this country better if they were the ones in government since 1960? Through the civil war, maitatsine crisis, the oil windfall - will they have done better?

Men and women don't act in isolation of one another. The women are just as corrupt as the men. I wonder what gives you the impression that women intrinsically make better leaders than men? The point I'm trying to make is we should elect capable representatives - men or women - to lead us. To vote a candidate simply because that candidate is female would be silly to say the least. :/
Re: Is A Female President The Only Hope For Nigerians To Witness Good Governance? by Yabayakaka: 7:03am On Mar 23, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]wit wat partria Eteh has done....not at ol[s]wit wat partria Eteh has done....not at ol[/s]wit wat partria Eteh has done....not at ol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dasuki Vows To Pacify North In 3 Weeks / My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Breaking: Kanu Unveils Atiku's Younger Brother Who Lives In Cameroun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.