Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Learning The Art Of Networking - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learning The Art Of Networking (7298 Views)

Watch Jarus Speak On The Power Of Networking / Mastering The Art Of Small Talk. / Online Cisco Networking Professional Training (Skills-Train.co.uk) Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning The Art Of Networking by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 23, 2012
great ideas but FOOLS will never admit and thats y most will remain jobless and poor....sighs
Re: Learning The Art Of Networking by sirp2007: 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2012
Thanks poster.am goin to print this and refresh myself with it evry now and the
Re: Learning The Art Of Networking by Naijacareerist: 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2012
Thank you everyone for the kind responses I am humbled... I have another one on personal branding that goes hand and hand with networking. Networking is not that hard but it does take courage to do it in the right way, There is a presence you must create for yourself in order for others to be drawn to you. Please let me know other areas you need help in improving I am more than happy to write another how to guide .
Re: Learning The Art Of Networking by Dblank(f): 10:54pm On Mar 23, 2012
Very informative.@poster Thank you.
Re: Learning The Art Of Networking by ojonx(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
Nice one from you. Keep it up!
Re: Learning The Art Of Networking by KayDee4: 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2012
Nice one, these are tips that surely work one way or the other; but how do you reconcile these ones below: the bolded part of Tip 4 with Tip 10

Naijacareerist: By Chika Uwazie
4. Use your business cards. Hand them out to people you made solid connections with after a conversation. Do not hand it out to every person you meet unless you are in the sales industry. It is never about quantity but quality. What is the point of having thousands of contacts if only 50 of them hold value to you?

Naijacareerist: By Chika Uwazie
10. Never shoot someone down because you think the person is not an asset to you now. You will be surprised how handy that person can be later down the line.

11. Lastly, branch out and meet all different types of people. Your network should have a mixture of different passions, values, and backgrounds. Sometimes your contact can help another person, which can in turn help you in the long run. A colorful network will open you to many opportunities and can build long lasting friends.

I use LinkedIn for professional networking.
Re: Learning The Art Of Networking by sunnshyn(f): 12:17am On Mar 27, 2012
Mayflowa:

Really? and people will think u are are snubbing o. Never ever judge peeps mehnnn!
Yea really! Most people feel I'm snobbish! However, I try to cover up with smiles...tnk goodness!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nahco To Sack 3000 Aviation Workers / PHOTOS: Tuc's Food Union (FOBTOB) In An Ongoing Nationwide Industrial Action. / Standard Chartered International Graduate Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.