Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! (19623 Views)

5 Classes Of Nigerians Who Play Important Roles But Are Hardly Recognised / Photos Of Nigerians Scooping Petrol From Crashed Tanker On Ibadan Expressway / The Arrogance And Authoritarianism Of Mynd44 In Politics Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
$tunna:

talk about ignorance...Mexico is not in South America, K! Mexico is the poorest country in North America!! ...this poverty is attributable to the vices you mentioned.
stop talking about facts you make up, the poster has his points and the only relevant fact as he has stated is that Nigeria is one of the poorest nations on earth, hence no need to feel superior to fellow Africans and...by the way, this is the reason some of us say we are from Africa as the name Nigeria is a drag on progress even outside of its shores!
PRIDE? WHAT R YOU SO PROUD OF??
That is what is killing ignorant Nigerians. They keep bragging about shiits not knowing that the country is one of the places that is home to one of the most poorest people on planet earth.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by erico2k2(m): 12:03am On Mar 04, 2013
horny4u: omo ale anambra ni e!
Why spew so much hatred towards your own country....without a doubt some NIG are arrogant but some just have a sense of pride. If you think we should be looking down on ourselves because of our many vices....then charity begins from your home.
As for me i look up, shoulder high, chest own and walk with a who dey there attitude because when i was in gambia the local people could not tell me enough about the mega star osoufia, as i ate my meal they played dbanj & gongo aso.....same in ghana and in the Uk at a party talking to other Africans students they said hey see you NIG just clear all the courses...mad ass intelligence.
So despite all our vices I am queen because i am NIG. When you reach your base..tell them there that actually we are not all that.....O ba e lo.....the britons sing we are born to rule the world and my arrogance never reach their own. Our govt may be Bullsh*t but my fellow NIG are holding it ddddoooooooowwwwwnnnnn!
Uncivilized people cliame 9ja to B arrogant when its they themselves that are arrogant
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by erico2k2(m): 12:07am On Mar 04, 2013
khukhi: trembles in the face of whites... In ur dreams. Perhaps the older generations. We went to school with those whites and remember our country has more human rights than any other. So we don't get bull shit from whites as much as u would like to believe other wise.

We can play the racism card and they know they're fuc.ked!
why was someone tied to a police van pulled along the street with none of you guys stopping it in broad day light, Im talking right about now?
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by erico2k2(m): 12:11am On Mar 04, 2013
babaowo: .... Some people don't know what's going on globaly, that's why they portrait nigeria as a bad countyr.
They should listen more of BBC n CNN, look at a whole cofe chain in the Uk saying they never made no profit thereby no tax paid to the govt and them say (ja are 419, I lough lol stupid fools
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by erico2k2(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2013
solomon111: This guy is a slowpoke!
what do you xpect from someone going to youth service in 2012 grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by LOLnigerians: 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2013
LOL you Nigerians are funny

in what way does Nigeria over perform Sudan( North ) ?

Is it in terms of literacy , poverty , health or what? well am speaking directly to this dude who said that crap

in terms of Poverty , Sudan is in a waaaay better position even though there are rebels in Darfur . in nigeria , over 60% of people live in poverty. In sudan (latest figures before south sudan independence) poverty was 45% now that figure could go as low as %30 now since south sudan left with many of the poor. 60% is like 112 million nigerians in poverty that is like 3 times the entire population of former Sudan cheesy understood?

now moving to literacy, only 60% of Nigerians are literate, in Sudan its %70 after separation wink wow you guys are pretty smart lol LMAO

now about health, how many of your people have diseases specially aids? how many have access to healthcare over 3.2 million nigerians had aids as of 2005 , imagine how many now as of 2013 since poverty has increased in your so called Nigeria cheesy

Sudan is a developing country, we lost over 70% of the oil therefor our economy is still recovering from the loss which continues until 2014 and Sudan continues to develop day after day

now I am not interested in bashing nigerians or anything but those likes who overestimate themselves should keep their shit together wink
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by LOLnigerians: 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
Obi1kenobi: I’ve observed Nigerians are incredibly arrogant and I’m often left wondering what makes this conceited posturing justifiable. I was reading a thread yesterday enquiring as to why South Africans and Ghanaians hate Nigerians and the predictable response from several delusional people was the usual rhetoric about how everyone envies us and what not. I think many of us have to start appreciating a few home truths:
1) Nigeria is one of the most impoverished nations on the planet and ranks extremely low on every single index measuring standard of living and development. We generally only out-perform war-torn or drought ravaged countries like Sudan, Somalia, Eritrea etc.
2) No foreigner who appreciates order and security would love to come to a country like Nigeria. Expatriates in this country are some of the highest paid in the world because of the adverse, hazardous working conditions.
3) Being an overpopulated, lumbering, befuddled giant doesn’t make us the “giant of Africa”. I don’t see why any sensible person should brag about our population as some kind of virtue – else we may as well claim to be greater than every country in Europe simply cos we pop out kids like rabbits putting greater strain on scarce resources. What makes this line of reasoning even worse is that we are a contrived product of our colonial masters who have left us with a big socio-political challenge to surmount. Our size is probably more an inhibitive hindrance than an advantage to thump our chests about.
4) We’re not smarter or richer or better looking than the countries we flood with all our vices. It’s hilarious, pretentious, delusional, wishful thinking. Little separates the average Southern Nigerian from the average Ghanaian or Cameroonian or Ivorian or the average Northern Nigerian from the average Nigerien or Senegalese or Sudanese etc. Any pretentions to the contrary is just subscribing to the delusion that makes us loathed outside these shores.
5) We’re a society as mediocre as they come and applaud mediocrity from the banal music of D’banj to our embarrassing movie industry to the mediocre politicians we love to cheer for the most mundane accomplishments.

Basically, there’s absolutely nothing spectacular about us and our insufferable arrogance is totally unjustified and contributes to why citizens of many other countries find us totally contemptible. When you think of France, you think of well aged Bordeaux wine, high fashion and couture, romance, beautiful cities etc; when you think of Italy, you’re thinking of great cuisine, beautiful ancient cities of Venice, Florence, Rome, great art, opera etc; when Nigeria is heard around the world, people think of scammers and frauds, drug pushers, venal, avaricious politicians, exported prostitutes etc.

That’s why we’re blacklisted from utilizing certain web services, that’s why we’re humiliated and rejected in every embassy. I never subscribe to stereotype and judge everyone on their merits as individuals but I’d like to see a little humility and acknowledgement of our failures as a nation rather than the rabid chest thumping. It’s the first step to making progress.

And for the record, I’m a full-blooded Anambrarian pointing out some plain facts rather than a foreigner on the attack. Personal/national pride is one thing (however misguided); unbridled arrogance and hubris is on a whole different scale.

loool , spare me the crap cool
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by gsainttrinity(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2013
Obi1kenobi:

Like I said in the article, I'm from Anambra so I'm Nigerian. Just calling out some arrogant Nigerians who sully our name with their arrogance.

you talk like an anambra man living In Europe or US. and ofcurz have lost touch with the Nigeria society by what they feed you on BBC $CNN.
come home and I swear u would defend u country against anybody from any country in the world.....NIGERIA FOR LIFE.
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by gsainttrinity(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2013
LOL nigerians: LOL you Nigerians are funny

in what way does Nigeria over perform Sudan( North ) ?

Is it in terms of literacy , poverty , health or what? well am speaking directly to this dude who said that crap

in terms of Poverty , Sudan is in a waaaay better position even though there are rebels in Darfur . in nigeria , over 60% of people live in poverty. In sudan (latest figures before south sudan independence) poverty was 45% now that figure could go as low as %30 now since south sudan left with many of the poor. 60% is like 112 million nigerians in poverty that is like 3 times the entire population of former Sudan cheesy understood?

now moving to literacy, only 60% of Nigerians are literate, in Sudan its %70 after separation wink wow you guys are pretty smart lol LMAO

now about health, how many of your people have diseases specially aids? how many have access to healthcare over 3.2 million nigerians had aids as of 2005 , imagine how many now as of 2013 since poverty has increased in your so called Nigeria cheesy

Sudan is a developing country, we lost over 70% of the oil therefor our economy is still recovering from the loss which continues until 2014 and Sudan continues to develop day after day

now I am not interested in bashing nigerians or anything but those likes who overestimate themselves should keep their shit together wink

MAN u are very funny..... I pray make Sudan have 100% people living in Affluence and 100% Literacy level..
only one year record of graduates from Nigerian universities is more than the whole of Sudan's educated people.

1 Like

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by LOLnigerians: 5:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
gsaint trinity:

MAN u are very funny..... I pray make Sudan have 100% people living in Affluence and 100% Literacy level..
only one year record of graduates from Nigerian universities is more than the whole of Sudan's educated people.

hahahahah keep day dreaming dude, if that was true how come so many of your people are illiterate?

please tell me, of course you will have more graduates because you have a bigger population but still , sudanese are much more literate than nigerians! the number of illiterate people in nigeria make up more than twice our population wink
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 06, 2013
I know this thread is old but I just had to contribute an East African perspective.
Yes.Nigerians are on average.ARROGANT!
And for some unkown reason,your country seems to be determined to export all the human vices in one package:A Nigerian
In Nairobi,together with Cameroonians,It is Nigerians who are running the Drug scene.At the Coast it is Nigerians making Fake currency.In our Universities and Nairobi,We can get Nigerian Prostitutes.As in Seriously,Have you heard of Scammers,Pimps,Conmen and extortionists from Ethiopia Kenya Tanzania etc.
I am yet to see ANYTHING.Nigeria has to boast about.And I say this as a Kenyan who has visited Nigeria and a Kenyan who like most Kenyans think Kenya is a disaster.I found out that even Tanzania is better.
Lagos.Now I understand why Lagos is ranked among the Worst Cities to live on the Planet.Nigerians do not know the meaning of Order.Lagos looks like Nairobi's Eastlands except Lagos has 13 times more chaos
I heard Nigeria has a standard gauge railway line.I thought 'Wow'.The sight that greeted me...I do not want to go there.We have a Museum of a Railway in Kenya.It offers much better services.
Kenyans because of our open media tend to think we are the most corrupt nation in Africa even though even in East Africa,Tanzania,Uganda and Burundi are ranked higher than us.In Nigeria I saw Corruption taken to the extreme.Even Yellow Fever certificates!!!!Seriously?In Kenya,there are some things we cant bribe our way(We dont need to anyways.We are 100% vaccinated against Yellow Fever).
Kenya is stereotyped as African bush with dirt roads.Wait.We have tarmacked most roads in our National parks during Kibaki's tenure.Northern Nigeria has virtually No infrastructure.
Plus.Why boast of a nation that is the largest oil producer but imports all its Petrol at higher prices than Kenya

1 Like

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2013
And Kenyans do not go about boasting of our achievements .Which we have many like:
Free Primary and Secondary Education with a penetration rate of 97%
The ICT centre for Africa.That is why Google,Cisco,RIM,Nokia Siemens and IBM have made Kenya their Africa Headquarters.
One of the fastest and most reliable broadband internet in Africa exceeded only by S.A and Rwanda.
One of Africa's highest Literacy rates(87% and 94%for those under 35)
East Africa's Manufacturing Centre .Unlike Nigeria where almost everything is Made in South Africa.We make our own consumer products .
HIV is still at epidemic levels in the Western part of the country.However,We have reduced the rate from 14% in 1997 to 5.9% today with Central North Eastern having rates of 2% and 0.8%
I have noticed some Nigerians claim we we worship foreigners.Kenyans live in one of the most diverse environments on the continent.We have Bantu Cushite and Nilote communities in addition to Arabs Asians and Europeans.We live alongside each other with mutual respect and indeed have intermingled. Maasais,Turkanas and Samburus are called Nilo-Hamites as they are an admixture of Nilotes and Cushites. I hail from the Swahili Community .We have Arab and African ancestry.Kikuyu,the largest community in Kenya have Cushite(Athi and Gumba who no longer exist),Arab and European admixture. All the communities along the Arab trade routes interacted with the Arab and Asian traders like the Taita and the Luhyia of Mumias .We surely cannot discriminate against those who we have a common bond with.That is why Kikuyus and Asians almost never collide but a lot of friction is with the Nilotic Luo.Europeans never collide with anybody.Indeed.Many are endearing to the locals to the point an Italian almost won constituency elections in Magarini at the Coast.An Asian is MP in Meru county where Asians are a tiny minority.An Asian is also Mp for Kisumu East and he was Mayor for Kisumu City.Mombasa has always had an Arab mayor and Lamu has an Arab Governor and both Mps are Arab .

1 Like

Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by chi2012(f): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Ewwwwwwu!!! All this Grammer is too much for we undergraduate!!! You all should have mercy on us! Nigeria is bad, yes we know, but what can we do.. cry
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by prettymunachi: 1:32am On Oct 23, 2014
horny4u:
omo ale anambra ni e!
Why spew so much hatred towards your own country....without a doubt some NIG are arrogant but some just have a sense of pride. If you think we should be looking down on ourselves because of our many vices....then charity begins from your home.
As for me i look up, shoulder high, chest own and walk with a who dey there attitude because when i was in gambia the local people could not tell me enough about the mega star osoufia, as i ate my meal they played dbanj & gongo aso.....same in ghana and in the Uk at a party talking to other Africans students they said hey see you NIG just clear all the courses...mad ass intelligence.
So despite all our vices I am queen because i am NIG. When you reach your base..tell them there that actually we are not all that.....O ba e lo.....the britons sing we are born to rule the world and my arrogance never reach their own. Our govt may be Bullsh*t but my fellow NIG are holding it ddddoooooooowwwwwnnnnn!

Respect!
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by prettymunachi: 1:56am On Oct 23, 2014
chi2012:
Ewwwwwwu!!! All this Grammer is too much for we undergraduate!!! You all should have mercy on us! Nigeria is bad, yes we know, but what can we do.. cry

You are a bastard. Nigeria is bad. Are we worst than colombia and sicily or mexicans?
Re: I Hate The Arrogance Of Nigerians!!! by Firstcitizen: 12:11pm On Oct 25, 2022
True except that the music has evolved since this post to global acclaim. Aside that, Nigerians are the most angry, chest beating, arrogant species in the world. Very corrupt too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which African Country Is The Most Racist? / Four-year-old Boy With 13 Fingers And 12 Toes / Man Dies After Eating 28 Raw Eggs For A Bet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.