Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training (1031 Views)

Some Insane Military Training Around The World. / If Politicians Stop Stealing, There Will Be No ASUU Strike- Gov. Aliyu / Nigeria Would Have Been Different Under Yar’Adua - Turai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training by donguutti: 10:36am On Mar 24, 2012
http://www.punchng.com/feature/life-times/nigeria-would-be-better-if-politicians-undergo-military-training-retired-col-mcben-nwaka/

If a quarter of all our so-called politicians passed through the NDA, Nigeria would be a better place. I’m from Southern Nigeria and most of my friends are from the North. By virtue of our training, if I am walking with you and you fall, it is my duty to look after you, whether dead or alive. And we were expected to carry on this tradition, even after leaving the academy. Once I asked a minister if he could suggest a joint training of the police, Customs, Road Safety Corps, Immigration Service and the military for two years to the President, now that the NDA had moved to its permanent site. After two years, everybody could go to their different departments. Some French-speaking countries practise the method and they are likely to carry the esprit de corps even outside the institution and into civil life. Today, if I go to Kano, I don’t look for where to stay. I just have to make a telephone call to my friend, who is a Muslim, and tell him that I’m in town. The same thing happens when he visits my part of the country. Why should I be comfortable while my friend Bako from Kano is in town without a place to stay? No way. I suggested that to the minister and I don’t know whether he did anything about it. So, that was the kind of training we had at the NDA. That time, there was no church or mosque within the premises of the NDA. The same bus would carry Christians and Muslims to town and drop everyone at either the church or mosque and when we have finished, the same bus would take everybody back to the academy. That tells you the kind of training we had in that place.
Re: Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training by kunlekunle: 10:42am On Mar 24, 2012
i'll prefer political leadership and public adminstration.
Re: Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training by Callotti: 10:44am On Mar 24, 2012
Too late.
No hope!
Re: Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training by donguutti: 10:49am On Mar 24, 2012
Very useless comment by another of the khaki wearing boiz, what has nigeria benefited by having so many military/paramilitary men in our politics, are they any better than the non military politicians. our politics is dominated by ex service men with their so called training yet everything seems to be heading south.

From Gen OBj, Ass comptroller Atiku, Gen Buhari, Gen buhari,comm of police Anenih,Gen T danjuma, brig Gen D. Mark, CMDR D.j Jang, V. ADM M .NYAko,MAj GEN oyinlola, Capt Wada, deputy gov of bayelsa,Rear ADM(), PDP candidate Edo state,ACP N Ribadu, Col saad abubakar(SULTAN), Comptroller general(GBOM GWOM JOS).
Re: Nigeria Would Be Better If Politicians Undergo Military Training by donguutti: 11:47am On Mar 24, 2012
A country bedeviled by a military/paramilitary -political complex, a country in which military men see themselves as been above the law, where ex-servicemen control virtually all important sectors of the country.Sometimes i wonder if Nigeria would have been better if the khaki boiz and their cousins had not "intervened" in 1966 and 1983, it would probably have saved us from the civil war and from individuals like Abacha, IBB, and co.Mustapha etc

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Senate Reads Riot Act To Mali Coup Plotters. Considers Military Action. / Fmr Adamawa State Governor Alh Saleh Michika Talks About Poor Govt In Nigeria. / Adamawa's Economy Grinds To A Halt As Igbo Depart In Droves Over Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.