Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lamili Engel: The PH Singer Threatening Timaya, Duncan Mighty, Others - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lamili Engel: The PH Singer Threatening Timaya, Duncan Mighty, Others (1221 Views)

Download New Music >>>lamili _ Wanna Love U (mp3) / Duncan Mighty Buys A New Rolls Royce Phantom [pictures] / Lamili, Naija Version Of Toni Braxton? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lamili Engel: The PH Singer Threatening Timaya, Duncan Mighty, Others by Kwame08: 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2012
From Vanguard news - http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/lamili-the-ph-singer-threatening-timaya-duncan-mighty-others/

Duncan Mighty and Timaya may call the shots in the Port Har-court and Lagos music scenes but this young lady can hold her against any male dominations.

Although she may not be a familiar face on the Lagos music scene, in Port- Harcourt where she is based, she may be well described as the new face of the city music scene.

Lamili is the new kid on the block and she is set to take her pride of place in the music scene not only in Port Harcourt but in Nigeria as a whole.

A native of Alor in Idemili Local Government Area of Anambra State, Lamili who is married to a German, said that she has always dreamed of making a career out of music right from her childhood.

“Music has always fascinated me; as a child. I decided for myself to become a musician and hopefully a star in the future.

With this goal in mind, I commenced singing and writing songs.

I wrote my first songs at the age of 11,” Lamili who looked sassy in her little gown and very high heeled shoes told the very senior journalists that attended the media briefing held at the De-Palms Hotel, Ajao Estate.

But it was not until 2002 that she took her first step at actualizing her childhood dream of making music her source of living by joining some jazz bands based in the oil rich capital of Rivers State.

“I started with a live band, playing gigs. I used to be in a jazz band. In 2008 I went solo; I started recording my songs late 2008. That was when I went professional and started work on my current album, which was released in 2008.”

The first song in the album Ndidi (patience in Igbo language) which also has a video, is dedicated to her mum and grandma, both of whom she told the journalists, with tears dripping down her cheeks, she will be forever indebted to.

The oldest in a family of five children, Lamili grew up and schooled in Onitsha, but then, following the tragic death of her mother, she moved to Ghana to live with a relation for a few years. She returned to Nigeria in 2001 and has been living in Port Harcourt ever since.

In her mid 20s now, and focused on building a career in music, Lamili who disclosed that she has, with the network of her husband performed in concerts in Germany and Spain, is also a long distance student of the University of Sheffield (UK).

She just released two brand new singles I Go Survive, a nostalgic Afro pop, and Ice Water, a dancehall track featuring Maxi, another Port Harcourt based musician.

The Ice Water video was released in January 2011 and is creating waves on MTV, Music Africa, Silverbird and major local stations.

(1) (Reply)

"Bad News" - Did Don Jazzy Really Need To Sub D'banj's G.O.O.D Music Collabo? / Lyrics / MTV Video Music Awards 2013: Full List Of Nominees!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.