Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,406 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu (6642 Views)

Bassey Albert Wins At Court Of Appeal / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Port-Harcourt, Awka, Enugu, Or Owerri? (Relocating To East) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by mukina2: 5:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
The Enugu Division of the Court of Appeal has ruled that the election petition tribunal in Awka acted properly in striking out the case filed by Professor Dora Akunyili and the All Peoples Grand Alliance (APGA) contesting the victory of Dr. Chris Ngige in the April 2011 senatorial election.

Last week, the appellate court had surprised some legal experts by agreeing to hear an appeal in which Professor Akunyili and APGA argued that a key provision of the electoral law requiring the disposition of all election cases within 180 days did not pertain to their case. Earlier, the election tribunal had dismissed Mrs. Akunyili’s petition on grounds of lack of jurisdiction. The tribunal invoked recent unambiguous rulings by the Nigerian Supreme Court to the effect that the 180-day provision could not be toyed with.

In its ruling delivered today, the appeal court finally upheld the tribunal’s decision. The appellate panel stated that the appeal gravely misapprehended the finality of the Supreme Court decisions and the doctrine of “stare decisis,” and added that “once the Supreme Court gives a verdict, every decision of the subordinate courts give way.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/ngige-triumphs-over-akunyili-court-appeal
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by LailaIkeji1: 5:16pm On Mar 26, 2012
Finallyyyyyyy!!!!!

Wow. Dora was really full of hopes oo.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by lifestyle1(m): 5:17pm On Mar 26, 2012
Good! I remember madam dora said she won't venture into politics some years back.. I wonder why she wanna kill her self, There is power is speaking words..
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by LailaIkeji1: 5:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
Continuation of Sahara's post on this:

Mrs. Akunyili was not present in court to hear the judgment which brings to a close her battle to unseat Senator Ngige. However, her husband, Chike Akunyili, a medical doctor, was in court.

SaharaReporters sent a text message to Professor Akunyili asking for her comments on today’s verdict. She texted a response indicating her plan to issue a formal statement.

In a statement sent to us shortly after, she said Dr. Ngige “did everything humanly possible to ensure that my petition would not be heard,” adding that her opponent’s “legal team employed delay tactics, using one crafty argument after another to frustrate the hearing of my case.”

She further stated that she and her witnesses had just concluded their submissions “when the Supreme Court ruling on 180 days came to [Dr. Ngige’s] rescue

Mrs. Akunyili suggested that “Dr. Ngige must be relieved because he is aware that he did not win the election,” then queried: “If he won the election, why was he desperate to ensure that my petition should not be heard?”

The APGA candidate described today’s ruling as “a sad day for justice in our country because technicality has triumphed over merit.”
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by otokx(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2012
Some knives are double edged knowing no friend or foe.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by begwong: 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2012
Madam Dora,just REBRAND yourself toward 2015 shikenan!

1 Like

Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by sammyj: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2012
Doral is desperate and needs to go back to the drawing board for the next election. I hope she can wait till then.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by chosen04(f): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
. . . . . . .And the Cheap Hero wannable keep losing . . . . .hahahahahaahahaha
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2012
Please, peep this post and tell us how you really feel. Don't forget to vote as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/900383/if-youre-sick-tired-e-wars
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by 1025: 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2012
this pdp woman is not aware that she is fighting the igbos in her efforts to unseat our only candidate in the senate. dora and okonjo iweala have finished themselves by serving and working for pdp which is anti progressive and anti masses.
i am from imo state and i have watched with closeness, only to find out that Ngige is among the few Igbos we can trust.
let this woman go back to jonathan and continue their stealing habits.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by MrGlobe(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
begwong: Madam Dora,just REBRAND yourself toward 2015 shikenan!
guy this has officially marked her political death. She is now unelectable in Anambra State together with Peter obi, unless they want to change state to Bayelsa. Mrs Akunyili, karma is a b!tch. Congrats Ngige jare.... You pass them
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2012
Dora should just leave this thing to rest and prepare for the next election. She's taking this thing to far.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Abagworo(m): 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
1025: this pdp woman is not aware that she is fighting the igbos in her efforts to unseat our only candidate in the senate. dora and okonjo iweala have finished themselves by serving and working for pdp which is anti progressive and anti masses.
i am from imo state and i have watched with closeness, only to find out that[b] Ngige is among the few Igbos we can trust.[/b]
let this woman go back to jonathan and continue their stealing habits.

@bolded.Spot on. His achievements speak volumes. I know the man personally and I may say he is the most humble man of his level,I've ever met. Very simple.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
Who is this Ngige fellow that just makes my heart pump faster than a teenager boy's hand after viewing his first Playboy magazine?
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by olaezebala: 5:55pm On Mar 26, 2012
Correct one there. Dora no too think am o course NOI will be joining you soon.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Chyz2: 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Who is this Ngige fellow that just makes my heart pump faster than a teenager boy's hand after viewing his first Playboy magazine?

Clown.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by sluvy4tune(m): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2012
i wonder what anty dora is doing in court
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by eherbal(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2012
Chyz*:

Clown.
Jester
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2012
e-herbal:
Jester

OMG!! I swar that was what I wanted to type grin

Brilliant.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Mar 26, 2012
Congrats Ngige
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by deathmen12: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
U WANT TRY PDP?.... LEAVE THAT THING. grin
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by IykeD(m): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
deathmen12: U WANT TRY PDP?.... LEAVE THAT THING. grin

Which PDP? I thought Ngige was of ACN, correct me if I am wrong though.
Meanwhile, this woman is finished. She should just go into hiding.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Afam4eva(m): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2012
IykeD:

Which PDP? I thought Ngige was of ACN, correct me if I am wrong though.
Meanwhile, this woman is finished. She should just go into hiding.

Yes, Ngige is ACN and Dora is APGA.

Don't you just love the way any party wins election in Anambra state. Whether it is APGA, PDP, ACN etc.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
Dora pls,u aint fit for any elective ofice. . .rather luk for an apointment. . . . Simple :PDora pls,u aint fit for any elective ofice. . .rather luk for an apointment. . . . Simple
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Manselcompany: 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2012
We have job offer to both skill and unskill.contact mr richard for more information 08 137274929
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by ACM10: 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
shymmex: Please, peep this post and tell us how you really feel. Don't forget to vote as well.

https://www.nairaland.com/900383/if-youre-sick-tired-e-wars

Stop spamming this thread with your tribalistic BS! Mumu
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Binkalette: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2012
Doral is desperate and needs to go back to the drawing board for the next election.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by ACM10: 7:42pm On Mar 26, 2012
I don't know why Dora should be wasting her time at the tribunal. As a matter of fact, she rigged the election. But it fell short. How can Ngige upturn almost 1500 vote deficit in a district that was initially annouced in her favour but later cancelled? This further show that she has no shred of decency just like her former PDP goons.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by andyanders: 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2012
She is too greedy and desperate. She should have acted like Soludo. She has kept degrading herself.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by Dav007: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2012
[quote author=andyanders]She is too greedy and desperate. She should have acted like Soludo. She has kept degrading herself.[/quote by dav007. Still fighting!
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by tigerleggs(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2012
I wish Aunty Dora visits this site so she'll do the honorable thing. She has a fine daughter that needs mother's protection.
Re: Ngige Triumphs Over Dora Akunyili At Court Of Appeal In Awka, Enugu by mekaboy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
SHE HAS SPOILED ALL HER GOOD REPUTATION, ALL HER GOOD WORKS IS WASTED. WHO ADVISED HER TO GO INTO POLITICS, ALL THE GOOD NAME SHE LABORED FOR IS BURIED IN THE DUST. WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST BECOME AN AMBASSADOR ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quotes From Nigerian Great Men / Tinubu Pledges Support To Unlock MSME Potentials / Gunmen Invade Delta Hospital, Abduct 3 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.