Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... (1344 Views)

Relevant Document For A 60 Years Old Grandma Invited By Her Nephew To U .K / Please Nigerians Abroad Let us know How a Person Can Be Invited / Invited To Entrance Exam In Ghana?: Lets Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by lifestyle1(m): 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hello everyone,

Please I need urgent information on this development, an American couple want me to visit them in the US and probably stay with them but I don't know where to start from in terms of applying for visa.

What kind of visa can I apply for ?

What kind documents do I need to have and

What documents will the American couple send to me to facilitate the visa processing ?

Thanks cool
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by luka1981(m): 12:25am On Mar 27, 2012
how do you know them? and how long will you stay in america? what are your ocupation now in nigeria? these are the basic question the embassy will ask and unless you know the answer now you cannot plan succesfully.
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 27, 2012
^^^ also:
- what is the purpose of your visit?
- how will you "survive" while there?
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by lifestyle1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2012
luka1981: how do you know them? and how long will you stay in america? what are your ocupation now in nigeria? these are the basic question the embassy will ask and unless you know the answer now you cannot plan succesfully.

We meet online 6 years ago and we have been communicating till date, I intend to stay for 2 years and I am a System/ Network Engineer.
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by lifestyle1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^ also:
- what is the purpose of your visit?
- how will you "survive" while there?

The purpose of my visit ? Change of environment, cultural exchange and possible migration.

How will i survive ? They will accommodate and feed me through out my stay in US.
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by henrychubayo: 6:05pm On Mar 27, 2012
You need so many documents to apply for tourist/visiting visa to america. You said that you are an engineer. If you are working with a company in nigeria or self employed and can prove it with strong documentation, married with kids, have properties and some money in your account in nigeria, you have 70% of getting the visa.
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by lifestyle1(m): 6:16pm On Mar 27, 2012
henrychubayo: You need so many documents to apply for tourist/visiting visa to america. You said that you are an engineer. If you are working with a company in nigeria or self employed and can prove it with strong documentation, married with kids, have properties and some money in your account in nigeria, you have 70% of getting the visa.

Yes I'm an Engineer, I am self employed and my business is registered with C.A.C - small IT firm, I also work as consultant to Company on a part-time basis.

I'm not married,I have no kids, I have a "land" in Ibadan and I don't have sufficient money in my account.
Will I be given a Visa ? undecided

Thanks.
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by lifestyle1(m): 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
bumps!
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by henrychubayo: 3:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
life_style:

Yes I'm an Engineer, I am self employed and my business is registered with C.A.C - small IT firm, I also work as consultant to Company on a part-time basis.

I'm not married,I have no kids, I have a "land" in Ibadan and I don't have sufficient money in my account.
Will I be given a Visa ? undecided

Thanks.

You must definatly have enough funds in your account to prove to them that you intend to visit america and come back. You are registered makes you have strong ties and having a land also makes it stronger. However, you must have money enough in your account. Unless it is your relative you are visiting in the us, having sponsor in your case may not give you a chance to get the visa. My advise is, take it easy and cool. Take your time and prepared good account statement and other necessary document since the couple can send you invitation letter any time. Get more equiped before going to the embassy. Visit more pages here to learn from those who went for interview and the questions they were asked and post question which you will surely get those who will give you accurate answer for free and you will get you visa. Thanks man
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by lifestyle1(m): 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
henrychubayo:

You must definatly have enough funds in your account to prove to them that you intend to visit america and come back. You are registered makes you have strong ties and having a land also makes it stronger. However, you must have money enough in your account. Unless it is your relative you are visiting in the us, having sponsor in your case may not give you a chance to get the visa. My advise is, take it easy and cool. Take your time and prepared good account statement and other necessary document since the couple can send you invitation letter any time. Get more equiped before going to the embassy. Visit more pages here to learn from those who went for interview and the questions they were asked and post question which you will surely get those who will give you accurate answer for free and you will get you visa. Thanks man

Like how much money is enough ? and also note that the people am visiting will take care of all my expenses in US.

Thanks.
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by henrychubayo: 8:13am On Mar 29, 2012
life_style:

Like how much money is enough ? and also note that the people am visiting will take care of all my expenses in US.

Thanks.

I know u won't spend much cause the couple will make sure you are well taking care of. But the embassy cannot grant you visa if you told them that the couple will be responsible for your visit since you are working and above 18. I think that the only barrier you have is the money issue. But don't just lodge money in your account from no where unless you can prove to them that it is the money from a contract or project as an engineer you just finished and back it up with enough documentation and if not like these, you must gradually work on the account to grow. I can't say for sure how much you need because it depends on the VO interviewing you. But at least 2million can put you in a stable and positive line. When you have all this requirements in place in addition to the ones to be send by couple, all now will depend on how you can convince the VO that you will come back. Believe me, if you can provide the land documant in your name from the ministry of lands and your registered business as an engineer, and have the money, you have 70% of getting the visa provided you can defend and explain yourself very well. Also, if you don't have any relative in us, your chances are also great. Always make sure to post your concerns and question here. Nig guys here will be very helpful. Also there is a tread here about us visa issue that will help you get more prepared. Thanks bro and wish you best of success
Re: American Couple Invited Me, How Do I... by lifestyle1(m): 8:56am On Mar 29, 2012
henrychubayo:

I know u won't spend much cause the couple will make sure you are well taking care of. But the embassy cannot grant you visa if you told them that the couple will be responsible for your visit since you are working and above 18. I think that the only barrier you have is the money issue. But don't just lodge money in your account from no where unless you can prove to them that it is the money from a contract or project as an engineer you just finished and back it up with enough documentation and if not like these, you must gradually work on the account to grow. I can't say for sure how much you need because it depends on the VO interviewing you. But at least 2million can put you in a stable and positive line. When you have all this requirements in place in addition to the ones to be send by couple, all now will depend on how you can convince the VO that you will come back. Believe me, if you can provide the land documant in your name from the ministry of lands and your registered business as an engineer, and have the money, you have 70% of getting the visa provided you can defend and explain yourself very well. Also, if you don't have any relative in us, your chances are also great. Always make sure to post your concerns and question here. Nig guys here will be very helpful. Also there is a tread here about us visa issue that will help you get more prepared. Thanks bro and wish you best of success

Thank you sir for this valuable information i really appreciate it, I think i need to start cultivating the habit of saving hence forth.

(1) (Reply)

Boy Flies From Benin To Lagos By Hiding Inside Airplane Tyre / The Day I Cried In Flying School / Statement Of Purpose For Schools Abroad. Difficult? Learn And Discuss Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.