Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. (2872 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / INEC Agent, Dan Joko, Arrested By Police For Collecting Money To Rig Election / Buhari Orders Removal Of Military Check Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by nnekaregy(f): 4:57am On Mar 27, 2012
On the road from orji in owerri to Akabo all in Imo state, some set of police officers forcefully collect 50 naira from motorists and keke drivers. Failure to comply will attract flogging from the so called police officers. Anybody that can help stop this, should not hesistate please, Naija must be better!
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Jakumo(m): 6:17am On Mar 27, 2012
Nigerian Police have now been authorized to carry swiping machines for American Express, Visa and Mastercard, so it is only motorists with bad credit that need to concern themselves with paying road taxes in cash. In plastic we trust, all others pay cash.

Praise the Lord !
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by vb0mb(m): 6:39am On Mar 27, 2012
Somethings cannot be change.
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by aduboy(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2012
There are special lines released by the office of the inspector general of police for SMS only to report such cases. I reported once when I observed such along Aba road portharcourt and the speed at which those guys were arrested amused me. Lost the numbers to my old phone but I believe some folks should have it here on nairaland. Will still search for it though so we can help the IGP get rid of this nuisance and miscreants in the police.
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Jakumo(m): 8:58am On Mar 27, 2012
nnekaregy: On the road from orji in owerri to Akabo all in Imo state, some set of police officers forcefully collect 50 naira from motorists and keke drivers. Failure to comply will attract flogging from the so called police officers. Anybody that can help stop this, should not hesistate please, Naija must be better!

Ha ha ha I sentence you to more flogging, for gross failure to COOPERATE ha ha ha
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by stepo707: 10:11am On Mar 27, 2012
Those dare-devils ehn.The spirit has entered their body again
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Frankiegul: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2012
Text IGP on 08102555581 or 08077446699 and complain.
Text only no calls.
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2012
angry angry angry angrythis is really sad....i remember on May 29 last year, i was traveling from PH to Abuja in a public transport wen police placed big log of woods along owerri onitsha highway (just after the NNPC mega filling station & directly opposite the police area command). This armed robbers in uniforms made everyone plying that route that day to pay 100naira or you wont be allowed to pass. And the sad thing about that event was that they did it with ex-militants (i cld see the Amnesty Jersey they were wearing). The ex-militants were flogging bus drivers with koboko and the police thiefs were just having a field day! Even when a fellow Mopol woman traveling approached them to clear the log of wood on the highway for free access, telling them that shes one of them, they bluntly refused. We spent over 30mins just for nothing!
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Mr9iceGuy(m): 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
Even from Owerri to Imoriver Bridge, you I counted 4police rojer points last week Fri. I plyed the road, corruption in Police is the worst. I have police with passion
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by gegee(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
Jakumo: Nigerian Police have now been authorized to carry swiping machines for American Express, Visa and Mastercard, so it is only motorists with bad credit that need to concern themselves with paying road taxes in cash. In plastic we trust, all others pay cash.

Praise the Lord !
hallelujah !! lol
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
[size=16pt]SO CHECK POINTS ARE BACK[/size] angry
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Ninapha(f): 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
I also noticed that after the incidence of shooting in Onitsha yesterday along Awka road, some police men have used that opportunity to return to some junctions. I am yet to ascertain if they are collecting roja but people have been wondering their stay there.
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by theviper1: 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2012
what are those fools doing bringing bad name to my own state? Mr Okorocha,and the relevant authorities should plse step in and have these thieves in police uniforms behind bars.
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by sucnif(m): 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
These are the numbers provided by IGP for those idiot exracting money from people in the name of check point. 08077446699 & 08102555581. SMS ONLY.
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by czay(m): 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2012
They have been filled with the evil spirit of extortion again...*smh
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by omokidew: 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2012
They now wait at bustops and petrol stations for their victims. They will pounce on you and tell you they got report that the car you're driving is a stolen car. You will have no choice than to follow them to the station only to be accused of something completely different. Happened to 2 friends and they got away with 23k for both cases ( 5k and 18k ).
Re: Police Men Are Still Collecting Money At Check Points. by Callotti: 10:55am On Mar 28, 2012
Check points are 'fringe benefits' for the NPF!
Used to supplement their incomes.
Just call it 'tips' for services rendered! wink

(1) (Reply)

Nobody Should Blame APC When you realise this / Quotes From Ben Murray-bruce, Buratai, Robert Mugabe / What Is A Good, Reliable, Unbiased Daily News Source in Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.